Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sleep by the window?

hellocat

149 users have voted

1. 1. Where do you sleep relative to windows?

• Head by the window
    • Next to the window
    • Feet by the window
    • Far away from the window cuddling a pony plushie :)
    • My walls are made of windows. Yup, ALL of them!

Because most of one wall is window, I have to put my bed right next to the window. It's the only way I can find a place to put my head that isn't directly in line of sight from the window, so I don't have all the unfortunate bright lights that are outside of it at night shining in my face (unfortunately, the blinds are not 100% effective in avoiding this)

In other words, to avoid the window I have to get right next to it...

Eh... "technically" - two small windows high up on the wall right of my bed, and one large main one up-left from my headboard. Miraculously and sadly, sunlight shines through the top windows DIRECTLY onto my eyes. Which is painful to wake up to sometimes. However, when there is a full moon, the moonlight shines on my face, and since moonlight doesn't make you go blind, it is very pretty to look at night.

My room has no windows at all.  Bah humbug, sunlight!  Actually, I love sunlight, but my work usually requires me to sleep during the day.

We mostly come out at night.

Mostly.

I sleep right next to a window. That way, I can look up and tell if it's a clear starry night, or if the generic Oregon clouds have consumed the sky as per usual :\

But looking out and seeing the moon and stars is really kewl when I can ;)

I feel safe sleeping in a tent then next to my window. In a tent all directions are equally indefensible. In my room the window is the only weak point directly to the outside. I live in the rural half of a suburban area.

I have a bunkbed (even though I'm an only child) in my room with a pretty interesting configuration. It has a bed on the top, a desk in the middle, and a ton of drawers. Underneath the desk, it has a bed on wheels that you can roll out. Well, the platform the roll out bed is supposed to be on broke a few months or so ago, so now I just sleep on a mattress on the floor that I slide out every night. This all takes up about half of my room. I have two windows in my room, one of which is blocked by my huge bunkbed/desk. The second one is at the foot of the mattress that I slide out. How I orient myself when I sleep results in my feed facing towards the window, and my head facing towards the opposite wall facing the window. I keep my window closed and covered with a big piece of fabric.

My bed is in the corner with the head by the window and the door within sight if I lay on my left side, as I usually do. I like being able to see the whole room and and entrances/exits. My window stays open throughout all of winter and almost every night year-round.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents outlawed sleeping next to a window for this upcoming reason. They don't like it simply because if your next to the window, people can look in and see you, and pull out a gun and kill you before breaking in. But, if you aren't in a line-of-sight, you will be able to hear them breaking in and react in time. 

I have one right next to my head, it' huge and not creepy at all .-.

That was sarcasm, if you didn't know and thought I was cool for not thinking it was creepy.

My feet point towards my windows. You see, my room is on the second floor, so the windows are those kind of windows that are part of the roof. I like the way I sleep because I can see the glorious day through my windows when I wake up. To give you a better idea I took a picture of my current view from my bed. :lol:

post-9627-0-18702400-1362846267_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Feet to the window ;3 I'm on first floor, so there's no problem with the primal fear of somebody coming trough the window to murder you in your sleep, though sleeping with feet to the window allows me to rest on my right side ( -> not lying on the heart side) while facing the door (the only weak spot of the ,,cave").

I sleep with the window next to my head. I used to sleep with feet pointing toward the window but then I would be facing towards the sunlight that burns through. I sleep on a bunk bed by the way, upper bunk :D

For as long as I can remember, I've slept with my head right next to my window. It just comes naturally to me now, although sometimes I pass out with my feet next to the window.

• 8 months later...

Well I sleep next to 4 windows, one by my head, one by my feet and 2 right next to my body... so yeah I do lol.

I like it because, at night I leave my windows open and get to hear the animals of the night running around and doing what they do. and the wind feels soo nice