Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nice Names You've Been Called

Feather Gem

I haven't lived that long a life yet so I can only list down two xD

• Miss Gem (Some pony here on the forums calls me it, and it makes me feel so professional and grown up xD And it sounds adorable)
  • Little Director (When I was twelve, I would watch my mother watch her students practice for a play they were going to have.  The director guy heard that I wanted to be a director and called me this)

But these things just brightened up my day.

Of course I've been called other things...like long things...but whatever xD

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 5

My name was onced used in the "is a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything" meme on a forum I used to go to, 5 years after I left it. That made my day when I saw it.

But nicknames wise. My mom calls me Budgie, because I used to whistle a lot as a kid. It's something I've always liked.

• Brohoof 3

I actually wanted to go by Aka or Lae. (Aka is my most common(ideal) online nickname and Lae is short for Laevateinn)

However, for MLP, I decided on a personal ideal twist of Twily's name instead.

That being said, I haven't been called any nice names yet.

My real name is very rare to see in my own country, my surname is one of the most stereotypical of my race and the rest of my name is pronounced in an uncommon way.

Most of my given nicknames are to taunt/tease my long hair. (as a guy, having long hair is a joke for most here)

I guess the only one I ever liked was "Genius". I know it was probably meant sarcastically, but I found it quite impressive in my own way.

Edited by Sunset Spark
  • Brohoof 1

You probably wont understand this unless you like Star Trek (the next generation) like i do. But my first supervisor called me Number 1 a lot because when he needed something done that required skill and concentration he would always ask me first. Number 1 was the name Captain Picard used to call his first officer Commander Riker.

• Brohoof 6

I've been called many nick names in the past: Powers, Gary, Scratch, Young John Lennon (because I apparently looked like Jonh Lennon).

But, the best nickname anyone has ever called me, the one I've always felt fit the best. It has to be...

img-1200093-1-ferrisbueller6.jpg

Frye.

The reason being is simply because I look like Cameron Frye from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

• Brohoof 5

The reason being is simply because I look like Cameron Frye from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Best non-animated film in existence. Of all time.

Nice names? Well...honestly I don't really think i've been called any in a serious way. I normally get called things like "scrooge" because I just dont care for holidays, particularly christmas.

I think probably the 'nicest' name i've ever had was Thor, during a construction project with a friend. 

As for serious nicknames...well honestly i've always wanted one, but never had one :( 

Here? Or anywhere? Cos, here I've only been called Firebolt or Bolt.

Anywhere else... I've played one game for a long time. My older friends on it call me Slurp... Of course, it is no longer relevant.

• Brohoof 1

Here a lot of people call me DF, which feels like an affectionate nickname to me even if it might just be an excuse not to type DashForever.

And IRL a P.E class I was in a while ago sort of made up this less common version of my real name and everyone called me that the whole semester. Usually I hate it when people do that but there it was kind of nice :)

Oh, and this guy in my church group years ago always called me freshman. Even when I wasn't a freshman anymore. I grew to like it and I threw it back in his face when he became a freshman in college ;)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

'sexy beast' -- my buddy calls me this all the time.  He also frequently suggests that we take a day to practice kissing (loudly, at work.) I usually ask him if next Wednesday is okay (equally loudly.) We're both straight -- we're just silly.

At work we often refer to each other as 'Mr. Whatever-our-strength-is' for example, I'd be Mr. BASH or Mr. Cacti or Mr. Python. One guy is Mr. Sendmail and another is Mr. Perl. Sometimes we substitute 'Mr Whatever' for 'Whatever Expert' but still use it as a proper name. "Hey, BASH Expert, can you write me a one-liner to find the differences between these two inventory spreadsheets?"

Yeah, we aren't the most creative bunch ;)

I've been called every bad name in the book, but I've also had some pretty weird, yet awesome nicknames as well.

A drunk person once said, "The world needs more people like you," and then proceeded to compare me to Socrates. It was weird, but it certainly boosted my ego for a while.

In high school, I was considered more-or-less the "Chuck Norris" of my school. I have been turned into pretty much every meme known to man, and people would always make jokes about me similar to those Chuck Norris facts that were so popular a couple years ago. A lot of nicknames, most of which incorporated my real name, came out of that, though I rather not share them.

I've also been compared to and referred to as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, John Lennon, and a lot of other famous people/characters.

The most notable thing people have called me though, is "The Man from Earth," based on the film of the same name. The movie is about a pre-historic man who never died or aged past 30, and he has lived for thousands of years. I highly recommend it. There was an in-joke/ conspiracy theory that I secretly am not actually a human. I was forged in the lavas of time even before the universe was made, and I have lived for billions of years, starting a new life for myself every so often. It's true.

Most people just call me by my last name though.

• Brohoof 1

Niufee. Niufeek. Fwufiee, fwufieek, Niufeatko, Niufeek...

And many combinations of the above. Just soo adorable xD Love hearing theese from my close friends.

Edited by Nouth

Philosopher: My first teacher called me this because I was the most talking, questioning and eager to learn student in the class.

Comrade: Well origin of this nickname is a bit hard to tell. As I remember I once talked as if I were a Russian guy just for fun (I was mimicing). Probably from there.

There are some nicks that I dislike so I won't put them here. They are basically just random names. 

I won't mind if anyone calls me Comrade or Philosopher :P  Philosopher is not used by anyone right now but sometimes people still call me Comrade (I think it is getting old but still used sometimes). They usually pronunciate it in a wrong way on purpose. (Like KAMARAT)

Edited by Hitpony

You probably wont understand this unless you like Star Trek (the next generation) like i do. But my first supervisor called me Number 1 a lot because when he needed something done that required skill and concentration he would always ask me first. Number 1 was the name Captain Picard used to call his first officer Commander Riker.

GIMME YOUR SUPERVISOR.

I have many names. On here, obviously, most people call me PDS, but elsewhere I'm known as Not, the Dictator, Buttons, Sticker, G, Choccy, Switz, Canada, Dave...yeah, most of them are short.

I also go by Ley or Olivia (named after Olivia Ofrenda).

Ooh, and my friend also calls me Starbuck, because I'm in love with Dirk Benedict and he's my favourite character in Battlestar Galactica. I am also referred to as Chancellor of the Klingon High Council. (Long story.)

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 3

I've had people call me some hilarious names, but none that I think were intended to be nice. I really don't care. I don't like being called names, nice or mean

I've been called a hell of a lot of names. Most of which I cannot repeat here as I have no desire to get another warning. Most of those names. . . where not very nice. . .

In saying that, one very nice thing I was called was "A great guy". But the one who called me that was breaking up with me so I don't remember that moment fondly.

I was moaning to a bunch of co-workers how too many people find me scary, to which one of my friends tried to insist that I was "as scary as a polar bear". He was really confused with the rest of us burst out laughing.

IRL (or AFK as some say) I'm being called "Karolukas" by my English teacher. She started calling me like this after the "write-a-letter-about-yourself-to-a-pen-friend" assignment. I knew I had written a little bit too much info... ^^''
I am also sometimes called "Carlos" by my english friends. One of them told a joke about a mexican adult who lost his car... and my name being "Karolis" glued that nickname to me for the rest of my life.  And lastly, from time to time I'm called "Frecks" here, which is kind of cool too.

A Nick name I lately picked up is "Sheldon" From the series "The big bang theory". I don't know why but most people think I am very smart, I mean I do well in school but that is just because I actually study. The truth is they are actually a bit dumb... hehehe :lol:

Well, let's see.

-  "The Bear" - On account that when I play FPS games I often yell "RAAAAWR!" upon going Juggernaught and using the melee button.

-  "Slenderkid" - On account that I'm the tallest person in my family and I am rather skinny.

-  "Chicken Salad" - Some girl made up a hilarious nick-name for me.

-  "Kitten" - A nick-name people used to call me because I apparently reminded them of a young cat.

-  "Luffy" - God knows.

Many on the forums started to call me Sparky which is a very sweet version of Spark, I think that it's really sweet that I've been call that and I don't mind, also, if you split my real name in half I end up having a girl name which I don't mind at all to be called if the person wants that nickname for me.

I have more nicknames but they are too embarrassing lol :P