Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I was hoping with the season finale it would but it hasn't, I have long been hopeful and still am that this will work but that finale was just atrocious and if anything has made me even more fearful.

• Brohoof 6

I was hoping with the season finale it would but it hasn't, I have long been hopeful and still am that this will work but that finale was just atrocious and if anything has made me even more fearful.

How was the season finale atrocious I thought it was pretty good it felt slightly rushed but that was all I wouldn't have said it was atrocious. 

• Brohoof 8

I wouldn't say it was ATROCIOUS... But really really reallyreally... REALLY bad might work. Let's face it, M.A. Larson did not write that episode, Daniel Ingram did. It was almost nothing but song! And not particularly catchy ones either. Sure, the Celestia signing thing was cool, and that first Cutie Mark song, but... Other than that? It was pretty bad.

I also just HATE the Twilicorn thing. It's pointless.

• Brohoof 7

How was the season finale atrocious I thought it was pretty good it felt slightly rushed but that was all I wouldn't have said it was atrocious. 

It had way too many songs, don't get me wrong they weren't bad but they dragged down the plot instead of complementing it. The cutie mark switching idea was a good one but should have been its own episode and we didn't even get to see this big transformation that was so overhyped until the last few seconds of the episode and Celestia's so called explanation for why Twilight is the next princess is beyond weak.

here is my review of if you want to see a more detailed explanation

http://mlpforums.com/blog/456/entry-3253-i-hate-to-be-a-neighsayer-but/

• Brohoof 1

Until Season 4 arrives, my stance on Twilicorn will remain the same - innocent until proven guilty. We've had just three minutes of Twilicorn. Three minutes. If that's enough to dismiss Twilicorn as a shoddy and show-ruining idea, then chop my fingers off, honestly.

I refuse to state Twilicorn as a bad idea, and I equally refuse to state Twilicorn as a good idea. There just isn't enough of it in the show right now for a fair judgement to be made. I'm going to wait until I've seen Twilicorn applied to the new episodes in Season 4.

• Brohoof 22

It had way too many songs, 

It was a Musical -_- same as the finale of season 2. The problem is the episode ended on a sort of cliff hanger witch is going to be wrapped up in the first few episodes of season 4. Im sure the writers wanted to explain everything better but they are limited by time constraints because of that some things felt a bit rushed and under explained but that shouldnt be enough to make someone dislike an episode but what ever every pony is entitled to there own opinion 

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't say it was ATROCIOUS... But really really reallyreally... REALLY bad might work. Let's face it, M.A. Larson did not write that episode, Daniel Ingram did. It was almost nothing but song! And not particularly catchy ones either. Sure, the Celestia signing thing was cool, and that first Cutie Mark song, but... Other than that? It was pretty bad.

I also just HATE the Twilicorn thing. It's pointless.

The whole episode was a parody of The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour. All of the songs were parodies. The writers of MLP:FiM are masters of references.

I support Twilicorn a considerable amount, actually. It can take the show to new places, making it more adventurous. 

That, and I'm not one to complain. We can't do anything about Twilicorn, it's best to accept it now.

• Brohoof 11

It was a Musical -_- same as the finale of season 2.

Yes but even musicals have some dialogue in between the songs while this episode had practically none it made the whole episode seem like a random assortment of songs hastilly slapped together with 2 seconds of dialogue.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm. How long have we actually seen Twilicorn? I mean, in the show? 2 minutes? 3 minutes? Maybe a bit more? Not enough to have an opinion, though.

• Brohoof 2

Yes but even musicals have some dialogue in between the songs while this episode had practically none it made the whole episode seem like a random assortment of songs hastilly slapped together with 2 seconds of dialogue.

Ill say it again 20 minuet time limit. The point in a musical is to explain a story through song there was plenty of dialogue and all the questions you want answers 2 are coming in the first episodes of season 4 twilight has spent 3 minuets as a alicorn and every pony is running around screaming about how the show is ruined 3 MINUETS is not enough time to be able to judge something so why is every pony acting like Hasbro is the devil and ruined everything.

Ill say it again 20 minuet time limit. The point in a musical is to explain a story through song there was plenty of dialogue and all the questions you want answers 2 are coming in the first episodes of season 4 twilight has spent 3 minuets as a alicorn and every pony is running around screaming about how the show is ruined

Yeah some twilicorn critics have indeed said that but as much as I hated this episode I don't think the show is ruined yet as like you said Twilight has only spent 3 minutes as an alicorn so for that reason I still have some hope despite my concerns.

• Brohoof 1

Yes but even musicals have some dialogue in between the songs

You mean like the S3 finale? Saying that there was no dialogue between the songs in the S3 finale is the epitome of hyperbole. I'm actually thinking about busting out a stopwatch now and finding out just how much of the finale wasn't music.

On topic, I voted indifferent, because I don't care enough about any cartoon to freak out over something as minor as a starring character undergoing something as "evil" as character development.

And on a note related to the S3 finale, I'm really starting to wonder if the massive uproar among philistines about how the finale was "bad" because it was a musical has any connection to why mediocre music, art, and stories are so widely praised in this fandom.

• Brohoof 2

My opinion hasn't changed; I still don't like the idea of Twilicorn. We didn't really get much Twilicorn in the finale anyway so I don't have much to go on besides my initial thoughts on the matter.

Either way, I want to see where this leads; maybe the season 4 premiere will change my mind. 

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah some twilicorn critics have indeed said that but as much as I hated this episode I don't think the show is ruined yet as like you said Twilight has only spent 3 minutes as an alicorn so for that reason I still have some hope despite my concerns.

It all depends on season 4, really. Though unless they undo it somehow its going to be a very different show for me. I've yet to see a show that had this kind of status quo change in the middle *not* drop off in quality.

• Brohoof 3

You mean like the S3 finale? Saying that there was no dialogue between the songs in the S3 finale is the epitome of hyperbole. I'm actually thinking about busting out a stopwatch now and finding out just how much of the finale wasn't music.

If you actually want to prove my point for me than be my guest, I will even pay for the stopwatch. Okay so there wasn't "no dialogue" but there was almost none the point of course being that I don't think the songs complimented the story at all and only bogged it down I like musicals but sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

• Brohoof 1

Until Season 4 arrives, my stance on Twilicorn will remain the same - innocent until proven guilty. We've had just three minutes of Twilicorn. Three minutes. If that's enough to dismiss Twilicorn as a shoddy and show-ruining idea, then chop my fingers off, honestly.

I'll agree with this.

Twilicorn really hasn't DONE anything, yet. I mean, I find it hard to expect her to be a crap idea when she's just been around for a few minutes.

I think the fandom is too prejudiced right now. We all expected some kind of show-ruining apocalypse to be brought down in wrath upon us, but instead we got a decent episode and a concept that didn't completely destroy our worlds. Some of us are having trouble kind of figuring out what we think, and that's to be expected.

It wasn't a BAD episode; it was actually kind of a fun one, in my opinion. I can see where it wouldn't be your favorite episode or anything, but you have to admit it really wasn't bad. A little under-developed, a little too much exposition in 22 minutes to be coherent, perhaps, but again, not really bad

• Brohoof 1

No, and I'll never be. I can accept Twilight becoming Celestia's royal mage or teacher in Celestia's magic school. But Princess Twilight? That's not her, or even remotely close to her! She's built for studying magic, not running an entire nation. Her dream was to study magic, and even earned her cutie-mark for it. If Twilight were destined to become a princess, her cutie-mark would've been something else, like a tiara or something.

How come her friends get to stay true to their own cutie-marks, but not Twilight?

• Brohoof 4

I loved the finale. They were given a 22 minute time frame to put a huge exposition and plot together, plus 7 songs. It's a 3 parter anyways, the next two episodes are in season 4 premier. It was rushed, because of the time frame they were assigned. I personally loved all the songs. They were well made and told what was happening and how the characters were feeling. I would say this episode was far from atrocious. Let's not forget Spike at your service, which in my opinion was just awful and had absolutely no point, and Mysterious Mare do well, which wasn't as bad as Spike at your service but was still pretty bad. If you really think that the finale was terrible, try doing what they had to do with the time they were allotted and make it half as good.

No, and I'll never be. I can accept Twilight becoming Celestia's royal mage or teacher in Celestia's magic school. But Princess Twilight? That's not her, or even remotely close to her! She's built for studying magic, not running an entire nation. Her dream was to study magic, and even earned her cutie-mark for it. If Twilight were destined to become a princess, her cutie-mark would've been something else, like a tiara or something.

How come her friends get to stay true to their own cutie-marks, but not Twilight?

I don't think you understand. Yes she was studying magic but that was because she was the student to Celestia. Why did she send Twilight to Ponyville to make friends? Because Celestia saw potential in her student to become a princess. It's obvious that she was going to become a princess. Lauren Faust even said that she planned on making Twilight an Alicorn and Celestia's replacement. She made 'new magic.' That new magic is the Magic of Friendship. It's even in the name of the show. Saying that a Princess Twilight is not in her character, is just ignorant. If you pay attention to the entire series, you will see that she fits all the characteristics for a princess. She's a leader and Celestia even says why she became a princess. 

• Brohoof 2