Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I just said this in another thread, and I'll say it here too: How many of you who are against Twilight's ascension to Alicornhood feel that way because you're fundamentally opposed to the idea of her being an Alicorn?  Versus, how many are against it because you didn't like how it was portrayed?  If the finale had been done better (as a two-parter, hour-long-special, or what not), would your opinion about Twilight's Alicornhood itself be different?

In my opinion, the basic idea that she becomes an Alicorn is fine in and of itself, but it sure as heck could have been delivered to us better.  I think many of us agree that the finale was rushed and didn't do a very good job of making us understand and care why she was ascending.  But many of us also agree that she still has potential to grow.  I'm seeing more people who simply disliked how the finale was handled, than people who think that Twilight as an Alicorn is in itself a bad idea, regardless of how it might have been portrayed.

I think Lauren will make Twilicorn work out very well.  She made Discord into a dark and forshdowing character eventually turning into a protagonist work pretty darn well.

Lauren isn't on the show anymore - hasn't been since end of Season 1.  And last I heard, she would refuse to come back if they offered.  Has something changed here that I'm unaware of?

• Brohoof 2

Still have to say "no" to this one.

I never liked the idea. I thought it was gimmicky, unnecessary, and there were much better and less controversial ways to evolve the show. (Like longer story arcs, better continuity and real, consistent character development, instead of a pair of wings standing in for character development.) I gave it a chance in the S3 finale and was disappointed. I'll give it a chance in the S4 premiere as well. If it's not any better after that, well, we have a problem. ^_^

• Brohoof 5

Seriously, I never knew she left, you'd think her name woulda been said less in that case.  A shame, she made one awesome collection of colorful ponies and plots(the stories)lol.

Yeah, I asked at one point about whether Lauren was aware that her name is still prominently displayed in the title sequence of every episode even though she hasn't been involved in a couple of years.  Supposedly she doesn't even watch the show anymore because she dislikes what she feels the rest of the staff did with it.

I'm basing all this on hearsay, tho - I could be totally wrong about this.  Going by what others have said, who are supposedly more in the know about her than I am.

• Brohoof 1

At first I was okay with it, especially because I didn't expect for her to immediately be a princess in the process.

But that finale episode was just so... awful. All of their personalities seemed fake, I disliked the songs (and it didn't help that they were CONSTANT), the concept of the mane six swapping their cutie marks is a cool idea but it was done very poorly, and my biggest complaint is that the entire episode was very, very rushed. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't really care all that much, things change in television programmes to keep things fresh and interesting.

It can be entertaining watching the fallout of things like this though.

though most of the time it just makes me care less.

Edited by !Luna

Personally, I LOVE Twilight Sparkle becoming a princess!  I am so happy for her and can't wait to see what happens next in this new phase of her life.  

Also, the fact that Twilight's element has always been a tiara instead of a necklace makes me wonder if they intended to have her become a princess from the very beginning. 

Edited by Shawn Parks
  • Brohoof 1

Something will probably happen in season 4 to change her back, Im not saying it will happen but there is a good chance. Why is there a 100 letter limit?

Personally, I LOVE Twilight Sparkle becoming a princess! I am so happy for her and can't wait to see what happens next in this new phase of her life.

Also, the fact that Twilight's element has always been a tiara instead of a necklace makes me wonder if they intended to have her become a princess from the very beginning.

If you looked closely twilights element was not shattered by nightmare moon in episode 2, therefor it did not have to reassemble itself to bond with twilight. Edited by Plasmawiz
  • Brohoof 1

The whole Twilicorn thing was the point of the entire series. I remember a picture of this con thing with the picture of Twilicorn at the background. I knew it was heading that way.

Plus the obvious foreshadowing backed it up so its really no surprise to me.

What I didnt like, however, was the execution of the Twilicorn thing and the whole "Every girl wants to be a princess."

To me it is too early to judge. But change is a good thing and I don't mind the changes to Twilight as long as her character still stays the Twilight we know and love. I was skeptical at first like everyone else, but the more I thought about it. The more I am digging the change.

It reminds me alot of Doctor Who with a new Doctor every few seasons to give a new spin on the character and to explore new ways with being an immortal timelord with that series. With Twilight being an alicorn this opens many new possibilities to be explored and it keeps the show fresh.

When you keep the show to a template for its episodes, then it will get stale and run out of ideas. But change is good and as long as they have follow-ups to pull as much as they can with character growth and development. I'm fine with the new look and many new adventures with the Twilicorn angle.

GIVE TWILICORN TIME PEOPLE. THAT'S ALL WE ASK.

Personally, I support the writers. They have time to pull this off well, we just have to play the waiting game.

Any writer that closes the finale off with a horrid and rushed episode and then informs the audience that its intro to the other season is actually the rest of the finale is testing the patience and limits of its fandom, it simply folly conduct and not a nice thing to do to your supporters overall as well as confusing for people that are new to the series. THIS was season 3 finale, period. 

We gave her time, we waited and let the plot get our attention for the final episodes and it was pathetic to say the least. If the idea is so bad that you need to beg, plead and ask people to be forgiving of it or wait for it, especially after it already gave it piece  then that demonstrates the anti's points more than any of our argumentation ever could. 

The proof is in the pudding. Anyone that is honest and would look at its effects on the fandom would know that it has failed. It can be fixed but it has already caused damage that may-may being operative word- never be fixed and is very easy to cause the fandom to bleed to death if it gets any more agitated. If it is repaired then that will be great but MLP FIM is also a business and it less costly to bid the pro-twilicorns against the anti's if things go pale for us.

This may be a one shot chance for the writers.

EDIT:

I would say indifferent. Its the episode itself that rankles me since I am an avid believer that most ideas will work with a good enough writer although Darkqiviut has made a lot of points that I feel I can get behind against her. I still say indifferent.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 1

Any writer that closes the finale off with a horrid and rushed episode and then informs the audience that its intro to the other season is actually the rest of the finale is testing the patience and limits of its fandom, it simply folly conduct and not a nice thing to do to your supporters overall as well as confusing for people that are new to the series. THIS was season 3 finale, period. 

We gave her time, we waited and let the plot get our attention for the final episodes and it was pathetic to say the least. If the idea is so bad that you need to beg, plead and ask people to be forgiving of it or wait for it, especially after it already gave it piece  then that demonstrates the anti's points more than any of our argumentation ever could. 

The proof is in the pudding. Anyone that is honest and would look at its effects on the fandom would know that it has failed. It can be fixed but it has already caused damage that may-may being operative word- never be fixed and is very easy to cause the fandom to bleed to death if it gets any more agitated. If it is repaired then that will be great but MLP FIM is also a business and it less costly to bid the pro-twilicorns against the anti's if things go pale for us.

This may be a one shot chance for the writers.

Am I not allowed an opinion?

Just because YOU don't like Twilicorn, doesn't mean that you can talk of every brony collectively mate.

Am I not allowed an opinion?

Just because YOU don't like Twilicorn, doesn't mean that you can talk of every brony collectively mate.

You never stated an opinion. You asked us to give her a chance. I'm explaining to you how that signals failure to begin with. At no point did I ever say you could not hold an opinion nor did I claim that you was wrong on the belief that the writers could fix this. I never supported nor did I ever say that the writers could not fix this, I merely stated that the writers may be only able to actually fix it in a number of tries, that being one story to regain the faith of the anti's. I never said I don't like twilicorn, I never made that claim. I said I do not like the finale. At no given point did I say the concept of twilight becoming a princess is a bad thing in any form.

Its funny  you say that I don't speak for a collective when your original posts includes an anonymous We, which entails speaking on a collective plea.

Perhaps you should take a deep breath and relax, read what I wrote again.

You never stated an opinion. You asked us to give her a chance. I'm explaining to you how that signals failure to begin with. At no point did I ever say you could not hold an opinion nor did I claim that you was wrong on the belief that the writers could fix this. I never supported nor did I ever say that the writers could not fix this, I merely stated that the writers may be only able to actually fix it in a number of tries, that being one story to regain the faith of the anti's. I never said I don't like twilicorn, I never made that claim. I said I do not like the finale. At no given point did I say the concept of twilight becoming a princess is a bad thing in any form.

Its funny  you say that I don't speak for a collective when your original posts includes an anonymous We, which entails speaking on a collective plea.

Perhaps you should take a deep breath and relax, read what I wrote again.

Oh Snap! Sorry, mind was somewhere else, I've replied to the wrong person!

I cannot apologize enough, this has been one huge disaster!  

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest here: I enjoyed the season finale. I thought. It was just ok at first, but after watching it a second time, I really liked it.

I might not have made the same decision but never the less, Twilicorn has my support.

You know, I'm surprised that it's now running 2 to 1 in favor of Twilicorn.   I would have thought it would have been much closer.

Has anyone here actually changed their mind on the subject- like they used to hate it but now they don't?

You know, I'm surprised that it's now running 2 to 1 in favor of Twilicorn.   I would have thought it would have been much closer.

Has anyone here actually changed their mind on the subject- like they used to hate it but now they don't?

Same. I had a feeling there were some shifting opinions, which is why I posted this in the first place. Didn't expect such a dramatic shift, though.

Could it be the influx of new members?

I'm hoping with Twilight being a Princess it will help bring her development as a leader not a Mary Sue status. 

Ponyvile? I'm not sure where she might rule....

Most ponies would want obey her except those who are evil or question her leadership based on a moral standard.

I don't know what will happen in Season 4 but it would be cool if the mane six and the other characters can explore Equestra and have more adventures.    

I'm actually curious as to what is coming. I do feel that it's too quick to see Twilight becoming an Alicorn so soon, but I think it's just me. At the moment I am in the middle of *accepting* it. xD Overall, the writers have done a tremendous job, and I'm excited to see what happens in season 4. Go Twilicorn!

I disliked the change, because it was just so... Random. The episode progressed too quickly, and I'd have liked a seasonal build up.

Well, I think that she will probably rule Ponyville, given that... well... That's where the show takes place...

The question is not if the ponies would obey, it's if she WANTED to rule. That's what I think the show will curve towards.

Aand finally, I think the show will have Twilight have an interior struggle as she attempts to bond with her newfound powers and political command. She would optimally begin to mess things up as the show progresses, but recover with the magic of FRIENDSHIIIIIP! Woohoo!