Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Thanks for the reply spicta but it still sort of worries me that the next season may just be about twilight and the royal family although like you said i think that twilight may revisit her friends in a later season and that may be when they achieve all of their goals and the series ends

Thanks for the reply spicta but it still sort of worries me that the next season may just be about twilight and the royal family although like you said i think that twilight may revisit her friends in a later season and that may be when they achieve all of their goals and the series ends

I think a lot of people are a little anxious about the next season, but hopefully everything will turn out just fine. I would indeed be annoyed if it focuses too much on Twilight and the Royal family, though. I really hope it all turns out well... I'd hate to imagine not enjoying the show anymore.

I'm actually excited about her new role and my daughter baldly wants an alicorn Twilight plush. I read the transcript of a writers panel and they seemed to be doing their best to be true to the show and the fans young and old.

I somewhat support this idea. My only cons are that the episode was rushed, very rushed, and that there were too many songs, and the last one was way too overdone, I just feel it was loud and crazy. The only songs I liked: "What my Cutie mark is telling me" and "A True True Friend"

Overall, I think they could have done better. Maybe Season 4 they will start to fix thing up.

I actually dont mind Twilight as an alicorn.

Besides im tired of (anti-twilicorn bronies) whining about her change might ruin the show.

It wont because: 1.Her personality is the same

2.More adventures,more challenges

3.She obviously won't leave her friends!

I thought Twilicorn was weird at first. Because I don't know she wasn't actually a princess before so why make her a princess now? There is nothing wrong with it I guess but I liked her the way she was, cute and smart little Twilight derpy_emoticon1.png  She still is, I just find it weird since there wasn't a better expansion on why she was to be an Alicorn. Yes she was Celestia's student and all, but I'm not sure if Alicorn status was really needed (sorry Twilicorn fans, I still love you Twilight.) I have heard talk about how people think twilight will 'outshine' the other ponies; they all have different personalities and strengths which makes them all different, they all have at least one strength or thing there good at (hence the cutie marks) so twilight is still the same as the others (as she is stronger in magic) but probably can't fly as well as rainbow dash (which is Rainbows's strength) so even with the bonus of wings she's probably just the same. I still don't know why the alicorn was intentional, but hey that's what is to be. Also I thought that episode was too rushed and there were a few songs which made it a bit, well, meh. Anyway, I'm sure the show will still be the same right?

I thought Twilicorn was weird at first. Because I don't know she wasn't actually a princess before so why make her a princess now? There is nothing wrong with it I guess but I liked her the way she was, cute and smart little Twilight img-1288453-1-derpy_emoticon1.png  She still is, I just find it weird since there wasn't a better expansion on why she was to be an Alicorn. Yes she was Celestia's student and all, but I'm not sure if Alicorn status was really needed (sorry Twilicorn fans, I still love you Twilight.) I have heard talk about how people think twilight will 'outshine' the other ponies; they all have different personalities and strengths which makes them all different, they all have at least one strength or thing there good at (hence the cutie marks) so twilight is still the same as the others (as she is stronger in magic) but probably can't fly as well as rainbow dash (which is Rainbows's strength) so even with the bonus of wings she's probably just the same. I still don't know why the alicorn was intentional, but hey that's what is to be. Also I thought that episode was too rushed and there were a few songs which made it a bit, well, meh. Anyway, I'm sure the show will still be the same right?

I dont think she will out shine every other pony we will stay loyal as i will to pinkie.Twilight doesnt think she is better then any other pony ether. Not insulting, yelling or trying to be mean to you just sharing my thoughts.

I dont think she will out shine every other pony we will stay loyal as i will to pinkie.Twilight doesnt think she is better then any other pony ether. Not insulting, yelling or trying to be mean to you just sharing my thoughts.

I think she wont either, I was just saying what I had heard others say. Everyone will stay loyal to there ponies anyway, So I guess it doesn't really matter. And I'm sure all the Twilight fans will love her just as much. She'll still be the same Twilight. Its cool, thoughts are good, I like hearing everyone's opinion. smile.png

I totally support Twilicorn because that is like 20% cooler than non twilicorn also that if her friends support her then that is fine. If your friends support you for who you are then its fine not to mention that now that Twilight is a Princess she might get special privileges.tongue.png  

the last episode of season 3 actually felt a bit rushed to me, and when Twilight became a princess, i almost wondered if the episode was a dream. ; ^ ; i really enjoy when characters transform though, so i'm really one way and the other. i still wish this season wasn't half as long as the first two.

I can't say I support Twilight in her change to becoming an alicorn.

The situations seems like more of a blatant status change brought to fruition through an odd "coincidence" of internally perpetuated events brought on by the ruling class. The ability to juggle animals and fix spells that an old creepy unicorn had trouble with are not suitable elements for promotions. In fact, strange magic horses with the sun painted on their butt, dispensing wings is no basis for a system of government.

I was just curious where everyone actually stands on this. So here's a poll on it, and please try and stay civil about it, okay?

I like it, myself. 

I know we have a "yes or no" thread, but I'm curious as to how many people are yes/no/hate but tolerate/ don't care, ect. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Anything that is in the show... There's no reason to dislike it!

Personally, I actually love it! It made me open my mind back to some meta-physics stuff I've been researching, and so the same goes with some spiritual stuff.

But of course, no one is ever interested in spiritualism and meta-physics.

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to stay neutral until Season 4. However, I do have some pretty serious reservations that I try to keep down.

When Twilight was made into a princess, just as many potential plot ideas were lost as new potential ideas were gained. However, we need to wonder, of those two pools of possible plot ideas, which one would have been more in-line with Twilight's character? Ones that took her on new adventures as an adorakable student, or ones that took her on new adventures as a princess? I'd definitely say the former more than the latter. I know Tara said her character isn't changing much, but...talk is cheap.

No reason to hate it, not right now at least. But if does turn out to be a flop and suck in S4, then I would understand if anyone hated Twilicorn. But so far, no opinions

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm kind of neutral for now. I can see that it could potentially ruin the show, but I also see know that the writers haven't let us down yet. I also know that I opens up alot of really great episode ideas, an episode where RD teaches Twilight it fly would be pretty cool. So I will withhold my judgement until season four airs and I can the outcome for myself.

• Brohoof 1

Whoa! I'm surprised at how many people actually like it! :o

I thought everyone hated on her! :L

Anyways, I like it. I must admit, I hated the idea when it first was mentioned by that person on Reddit... I hated it and I thought it would never happen. Once it was confirmed, though, I began to see that it could work, and now that it's happened, I'm completely on board with it. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've calmed down considerably since when the change occurred. I've gone from "Sniper Rifle Hatred" to somewhat cautiously optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not a fan. But, I'm able to tolerate this. And I'll admit, they could do some awesome things with this. Only time can tell.

I don't think I'll ever really "support" this, though. Just kinda... let it have happened. Unless they can blow me away with some awesome thing I never saw coming. Which, knowing them, they probably will. smile.png

Although at this point, I'm more upset that I, for all intents and purposes, have enough time to become a dad before S4 comes out. dry.png

• Brohoof 2

I like the idea of her being an alicorn, but it kinda came out of nowhere, which is what got a lot of people upset. I know that I never thought anything like that could even happen, much less that it actually would. Still, I think it's going to bring a new level of interest to the show, and will probably usher in a new set of challenges for her and the others to deal with.

I believe making Twilight an alicorn gives the wrighters a lot more freedom with expanding her character. One of the most foreseeable expansions is making twilight struggle with all the responsibilitys of being a princess and not fully beeing Celestias student.

We have to remember these people are professonals, they know what they are doing so just trust them.

I support this because it is obviously for the target audience. If the target audience is happy, then Hasbro will keep making episodes. It's for everyone, in a way. It may be looked down upon by some people, but of course Hasbro makes this show for their target audience. (By the way, we probably all know what I mean by the target audience)