Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I thought Magical Mystery Cure was an underwhelming episode compared to previous season finales and season premiers, but I don't have any problem with Twilight being an alicorn. Seems like a natural development for me, to believe that she was being groomed to be a princess from the start.

@@thegamerator10, I have merged your thread with a pre-existing thread regarding Twilight as an alicorn. 

Please use the search function to check that what you wish to discuss isn't already in effect elsewhere.

Thank you and please continue :)

I may have posted in this topic already, but it's been awhile.  I'm one of the few people that was fine with Twilicorn from the beginning.  And not just because I predicted it would happen, before the reveal was made public.  I was fine with it, because it just seemed like it was the natural outcome of everything that Twilight's stay in Ponyville was leading up to.  It just made sense (still does).

I wasn't a fan when this whole bruhaha happened and while I was aware of it occurring thanks to the kids, I had no opinion either way at the time. When the brony bug finally bit, I marathoned the show knowing that this was coming down the line. I think this may be why I'm fine with Alicorn Twiilight. Would I be up in arms about it if I was a fan during the lead up to MMC? Honestly, probably not. It's really not like me to hate on a concept vehemently even if I disagree with its' execution. If you go through the MMC thread in the Episode Subforum you actually see that there are more than a handful of people that were completely ok with this. 

I've never had an issue with it personally. In fact, I actually like the idea of Twilight ascending into the status as a royal alicorn. I can understand why some people didn't like it, but it is what it is at this point.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of MMC, but I think it was executed well. Twilight had plenty of buildup and considering everything that has transpired, something big was going to happen anyway.

So yeah, all HAIL the royal alicorn princess smarty hooves. <3

I don't know what to think. I'm aware that changes happen, but I think it happened too soon. The Mane Six doesn't feel the same with Twilicorn. I still watch because I love the show and the characters.

• 3 weeks later...

There hasn't been much reason behind Twilicorn, besides hasbro's business.

From the storyline perspective, it feels somewhat unnecessary this Alicorn shift.  Not making much sense either. It hasn't had much impact on the plot, at least till now.
"Now she has a new set of wings!" More like a new hat. Decorative stuff, as her princess tittle.

Personally, I liked more the former sense of balance on pairs. We'll see how things develop with this coming season.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

Yes and I always have. I could also add the following points

• I was convinced from episode 1 in season 1 that Twili will reach Alicorn status at some point
  • I was surprised it happened already in season 3, but I didn't mind it
  • I like the season 3 finale but it could have been more

Personally wish she would have stayed a unicorn and continued running the Ponyville Library. The setting felt natural and comfortable for her, providing a safe and friend location for all. Gradually she could have gone on to hold a more official position if leadership, perhaps by becoming a professor of magic so she could pass her knowledge on to other gifted unicorns and working up from their.