Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hardest Zelda Temple?

~Vallo~

Oh god. Let's see. I've never Played OoT, but I've heard a lot of shit about the Water Temple. The Zora Temple in TP is pretty hard too. Both great palaces in Zelda's 1 and 2 are the most spread out, longest dungeons ever. And I'd say the dungeon of the first Crystal in ALTTP. Overall, though, I'd say the Sky Palace in TP, but it is really fun. And the ambient music I just love.

• Brohoof 1

It seems that Fate decided that you bring this topic up right as I'm in the middle of the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time.

This is the Worst. Temple. Ever. Not necessarily because of difficulty, but because of how annoying it is, and how hard everything is to find.

• Brohoof 1

I've never Played OoT

Hold up, hold up. You've never played OoT? It has a couple of the most difficult in the whole series. But most are moderately forgiving. 

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 2

The Great Deku Tree, the dungeon that took me 7-8 years to solve!

So as a kid, I rented Ocarina of Time. My puzzle solving skills were non-existent and it was my first legend of zelda game ever. I didn't know that you had to fall onto the spider web because I deduced that falling on things hurt. So yes, my first play through of a zelda game was me running in circles wondering if I was missing a door.

It was only when I got to grade 7 when I had a gamer teacher. He talked about ocarina of time quite a bit and I asked him how he beat the deku tree. I felt like facepalming so hard when I finally figured out how to do it and beat the game in a few days.

... but in terms of challenge, yes, the great palace from Zelda 2 is absolutely ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with you on the great palace in Zelda II, i mean yeah; no save points, hard bosses, and retarded layout.  I gave up the damn game because of it, when i first played >.<

I have no clue why everyone thinks the water temple was hard; sure it was challenging at first, but i beat it on my first try. And i was just a kid then XD Twas' a fun temple, nevertheless.

Edited by Reversalx
  • Brohoof 1

The infamous water temple is to many the hardest temple/dungeon in the series. To me, it's just an annoying dungeon. The amount of going back and switch levers was dull and repetitive. I still think it's a good design of a dungeon though.

I agree with most here, great palace from Zelda 2 was ridiculous in terms of raw difficulty.

But i most say the winner goes to Palace of Winds from Minish Cap. While it doesn't have the same type of difficulty as the Great Palace, it didn't annoy me, it had great design, it was unbelievably long and overall a good challenge.

Honorable mention: Eagle's Tower from Link's Awakening.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe its just because I've done it so many times, but I don't find the water temple that difficult.  I just systematically go room by room and it ends up not taking so long.  The worst part is really having to go back and forth to the menu to put on the iron boots.

The hardest Zelda dungeon for me may be the final dungeon in Zelda II or the 8th dungeon in oracle of Ages, at least I think it was the 8th dungeon.  I can't remember either of their names

• Brohoof 1

I don't find the Water Temple (or any temple) to be hard. If anything, they're just long and tedious, but not hard.

For me, the most annoying or tedious temples are:

Lakebed Temple: Twilight Princess - The whole staircase switching and moving the water flow to another room business was frustrating.

Forest Temple: Ocarina of Time - As a kid, I really used to get lost, especially in the 'outdoors' room. It was long and confusing.

Arbiter's Grounds: Twilight Princess - This is a great and fun dungeon, but quite long. The whole Poe catching part was the worst, but I liked the boss: Stallord.

Great Bay Temple: Majora's Mask - This one was awful, because sometimes I didn't even know where to go after the water flow carried me to a room. Also, since you get the Ice Arrows in this one, I thought you had to defeat Gyorg with them.

Turtle Rock: A Link to the Past - Horribly long and annoying. Sure, it was the final dungeon of the game, but it was awful. I had to go out and fill my bottles with fairies all the time.

Lanayru Mining Facilty: Skyward Sword - The Lanayru Desert overworld was already confusing and awful, and even more the dungeon. The whole time shifting stones business was interesting, but confusing as well. Too bad the temple had a dissapointing boss.

• Brohoof 1