Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wonderbolt costume for Bronycon... good or bad idea?

Sonata18

wonderbolt costume  

25 users have voted

1. 1. What would you think of someone in a Wonderbolt suit at Bronycon?

• Wow that's awesome!
    • that's nice... fits in here
    • that's a little inappropriate, but whatever
    • NOPE
  2. 2. Which spandex suit matches the wonderbolt color best?

• Lighter blue
    • Darker blue

I've been thinking about making a costume for a little while now and after looking at all the pictures in the "attractive pony pictures thread"  I really really want to look like spitfire.  

post-11430-0-71360800-1361637488_thumb.jpg

post-11430-0-04034100-1361637490_thumb.jpg

So yeah, good or bad idea?  Opinions please! 

Also, I can't find a spandex suit that's the exact color.  Which one of these is closer?  I will sew on the yellow parts later.  I would get one without the head/foot/hand covers.  It would drive me nuts to have something on my face.  I could do removable hand covers though... 

post-11430-0-25609400-1361637741_thumb.jpg

post-11430-0-95693800-1361637966_thumb.png

post-11430-0-52405300-1361637783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sonata18
  • Brohoof 5

Going in a wonderbolts costume sounds awesome. Also, I think the light blue spandex more closely matches their color.

Light blue will do best. I bet you would look awesome in it. Maybe you can find a flame wing to get for the hair. And also, you have to put the yellow lighting bolt stripes or whatever. And glasses.

Edited by ~DerpyWhooves~

Light blue will do best. I bet you would look awesome in it. Maybe you can find a flame wing to get for the hair. And also, you have to put the yellow lighting bolt stripes or whatever. And glasses.

I've got a sewing machine and I've been tailoring my own clothes for years (nothing ever fits off-the-rack :mellow: ), so adding the yellow zigzags won't be a problem.   :)

lol you crossed it out in the time it took me to click "quote"  

I think I'll get some goggles to wear headband style or around my neck.   

Edited by Sonata18

for some reason I got excited over this, but I need to know if you want to cosplay Spitfire or you want a custom made wonderbolts suit (suitable for humans). I have a design in mind :)

I don't think I can take on the personality of spitfire... I'm aiming more for the look.  Acting isn't my thing, lol.  So suitable for humans is good.  I'm tossing around the idea of adding wings and a tail... the tail would kinda help hide the .... ummm... protruding plot.  lol.  What kind of ideas do you have?!?!!

edit:  I found a drawing of a human wonderbolt.  This is along the lines of my current vision :)

post-11430-0-67661400-1361640594_thumb.png

Edited by Sonata18

I don't think I can take on the personality of spitfire... I'm aiming more for the look.  Acting isn't my thing, lol.  So suitable for humans is good.  I'm tossing around the idea of adding wings and a tail... the tail would kinda help hide the .... ummm... protruding plot.  lol.  What kind of ideas do you have?!?!!

first of all what bodytype do you have, I could sketch something for you but I don't think that adding a tail would be ...ummm nice, If you look like the girl that you posted above, that would be great

first of all what bodytype do you have, I could sketch something for you but I don't think that adding a tail would be ...ummm nice, If you look like the girl that you posted above, that would be great

I am 5'3 120lbs... hourglass figure.  I look kinda like that picture I just posted of human rainbow dash, but with much smaller breasts.   

I like. Just sayin'. Once you get it done, could you, per say, take a picture of it? Either with you in it or not. Also, are you thinking of adding the cutie mark? Don't take that question seriously. I mean, come on. It's not like I'm a sick pervert or something

Edited by Psyche Clops
  • Brohoof 1

I am 5'3 120lbs... hourglass figure.  I look kinda like that picture I just posted of human rainbow dash, but with much smaller breasts.   

nice! actually that rainbow dash's costume looks awesome, let me do a sketch to see if you like it HINT: it's similar to rogue's outfit from the xmen.

nice! actually that rainbow dash's costume looks awesome, let me do a sketch to see if you like it HINT: it's similar to rogue's outfit from the xmen.

That would be amazing!!!  I love Rogue too   :wub:    I have some spandex suits... from what I've heard I wear them well.   :blush:

I like. Just sayin'. Once you get it done, could you, per say, take a picture of it? Either with you in it or not. Also, are you thinking of adding the cutie mark? Don't take that question seriously. I mean, come on. It's not like I'm a sick pervert or something

lol you're funny.  I will take a special picture in the finished suit for your clopping viewing pleasure. 

• Brohoof 2

time to work

img-1203815-1-tumblr_m4c25oAlLY1r8tlwso1

sorry for taking so long lol, I was talking to a friend and got distracted :P

well, I finally finished the sketch, I warn you it is very sketchy :P ...OK, let me explain piece by piece, the outfit 

post-5888-0-28006600-1361643496_thumb.png

I'm going to start by the jacket, I choose a brownish color because it looks better with the colors of the costume but what it is important is that the jacket should be a little bit shorter than normal, because it can expose more of the costume, also it's sexier lol. Try to pick an old jacket, so you can attach some feather-ish material on the neck area, you know to make it look like an aviators jacket. 

img-1203815-2-domruby-limited20edition20

Also you can make some fake medals, and put it on the chest area, like this. I don't know be creative with this.

img-1203815-3-petraeus_206954a-1.gif

Another detail you can add for the jacket are these things for the shoulders (I don't know what are these called), they can give it a militar look

img-1203815-4-R90982.jpg

The suit it's just like you pictured it to be in your first post, it's not mandatory to use the pattern that I used for the wonderbolts thunders, but the colors are very important, try to pick accurate colors for the suit.

The belt is very important though, because you wouldn't look naked XD. you can use any belt you want, but try to make it a little bit loose and make it fall a litle bit from one side, also you can put some random items and invented pockets to simulate a cop's belt, that would give your costume a sense of hero and badassness. Also for your leg you can make this belt thing the cops use for storing their guns, they usually attach it to their legs, it's optional though, but it would look great! 

img-1203815-5-314501e3-276e-4496-b18d-a3

the army boots are not so hard to find and they would look amazing with your costume, it can make you look sexy by the costume but rude and badass at the same time. And last but no least some gloves. The gloves are important, and if they have this old feel to them, even better, use gloves for lifting weights because they already have the holes for the fingers

img-1203815-6-ocelotww.jpg

edit: damn I forgot the glasses, try to make them goggles

Edited by Sparkity
  • Brohoof 4

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

If I had to design a wonderbolts costume I'd probably try to get a blue bike-suit or bike-jacket(those made from fake leather can be aquired quite cheap.
nh_shauna_blue_smile.jpg
Then I would add some of the detail and wear it together with a tight jean with a lightning design down the side of the leg.
As details some biker goggles and it should look awesome ;)

• Brohoof 2

If I had to design a wonderbolts costume I'd probably try to get a blue bike-suit or bike-jacket(those made from fake leather can be aquired quite cheap.

img-1204404-1-nh_shauna_blue_smile.jpg

Then I would add some of the detail and wear it together with a tight jean with a lightning design down the side of the leg.

As details some biker goggles and it should look awesome ;)

that sounds cool but it looks like you are describing a male outfit here, I think that you are imagining an outfit for you instead of her hahaha!!!  :lol:

It depends on what it looks like in the end. By I'll say go for it! 

I'm sure you'll do a good job. Make sure to be accurate, because that's what usually makes a good cosplay costume. The spandex is also a good idea, just add a muzzle, ect. Try cutting a hole for your mouth to make it really look like the Wonderbolt costume. Post a picture for us when your done!

I would go for the "Pilot"-Humanized Outfit rather than the Spandex.

I made a quick cosplay with things I had at home resembling how I imagine a human Pegasus flyer

Try to get a Wonderbolt shirt, a blue jacket in a similar style, sew some logos on, some nice biker boots and details and maybe wings and you are good to go ;)

Edit:

that
sounds cool but it looks like you are describing a male outfit here, I
think that you are imagining an outfit for you instead of her hahaha!!! 
:lol:

Damn, I really thought I would design a male outfit xD
...but I think this can be made female with a few minor changes like a tighter jacket. After all, female biker/pilot characters are mostly wearing attractive uniforms/army-jackets in my opinion :D

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

time to work

img-1203815-1-tumblr_m4c25oAlLY1r8tlwso1

sorry for taking so long lol, I was talking to a friend and got distracted :P

well, I finally finished the sketch, I warn you it is very sketchy :P ...OK, let me explain piece by piece, the outfit 

attachicon.gifbronycon outfit.png

I'm going to start by the jacket, I choose a brownish color because it looks better with the colors of the costume but what it is important is that the jacket should be a little bit shorter than normal, because it can expose more of the costume, also it's sexier lol. Try to pick an old jacket, so you can attach some feather-ish material on the neck area, you know to make it look like an aviators jacket. 

OMG that is amazing!  Are you a fashion designer?  It is wonderbolt spandex, but with extra coolness.  I really like the short sleeves with gloves and tall boots.  I think I have some things around here I can throw on to get an idea of the outfit on me before I make it!!!  Thank you so much! You are the best!

I would go for the "Pilot"-Humanized Outfit rather than the Spandex.

I made a quick cosplay with things I had at home resembling how I imagine a human Pegasus flyer

attachicon.gifDSC05461.JPGattachicon.gifDSC05459.JPGattachicon.gifDSC05454.JPG

Try to get a Wonderbolt shirt, a blue jacket in a similar style, sew some logos on, some nice biker boots and details and maybe wings and you are good to go ;)

Edit:

Damn, I really thought I would design a male outfit xD

...but I think this can be made female with a few minor changes like a tighter jacket. After all, female biker/pilot characters are mostly wearing attractive uniforms/army-jackets in my opinion :D

wow Wildcard you really liked the thing, though your outfit needs more lightblue and yellow to resemble a wonderbolts costume, you look like you could wear this anywhere. Not bad though. AMAZING Pictures and poses, I really liked them  :lol:

OMG that is amazing!  Are you a fashion designer?  It is wonderbolt spandex, but with extra coolness.  I really like the short sleeves with gloves and tall boots.  I think I have some things around here I can throw on to get an idea of the outfit on me before I make it!!!  Thank you so much! You are the best!

no, I am not a fashion designer in the slightliest, but I do have a good eye for fashion sometimes that eye fails me XD and I am a very creative guy overall, also my username "Sparkity"-> Rarity. HINT HINT :D . Be careful though, the jacket is not short sleeved, it's rolled up, just like Rogue's. If you roll up the jacket the visual impact is different than if you had a short sleeved jackeT. ;)

I just happy I could help ;)

• Brohoof 1

Freakin' awesome, a wonderbolts costume! Wish I could go to bronycon this year but sadly I don't have the means or time :(
But seriously now going as a wonderbolt is very cool, In the show they have a more spandex...ish... suit so perhaps that's more appropriate? 

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so I grabbed a spandex catsuit, brown boots, and a black jacket with the sleeves pushed up.  The colors are way off, but I think it looks good!  I think the aviator jacket will cut down on the skin-tight sexy just enough to make it permissible :)  Sorry I blacked out my face.... staying somewhat anonymous for now :)

post-11430-0-00484600-1361660764_thumb.jpg

post-11430-0-27296500-1361660759_thumb.jpg

post-11430-0-62947000-1361660754_thumb.jpg

:wub:

Edited by Sonata18
  • Brohoof 4

wonderbolts-jaw-drop.gif

Yeah, I'm sure it'll look good. No reason needs to be said. I'm just going to say that it will. If you want criticism though, I'll let Motion Spark do that.

BTW, dat Granny Smith and Wonderbolt (I can see 'em on your shelf in your 2nd pic)

• Brohoof 2

I think the idea you originally had would be perfect. You know, with the morph suit. As for the goggles, I think a nice pair of steampunk styled goggles would be fine! And just wear yellow gloves and such!I mean....If you want to.....

wow Wildcard you really liked the thing, though your outfit needs more lightblue and yellow to resemble a wonderbolts costume, you look like you could wear this anywhere. Not bad though. AMAZING Pictures and poses, I really liked them  :lol:

I know and I wear this outfit a lot actually(except the goggles) xD

I just wanted to clarify what I understand as military-style jacket and I am sure something similar is available in blue :D

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1