Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vancouver - The Canadian Hollywood?

Zero000

I've always wanted to live in Canada when I grow up. I'm hoping to go to a University about art, and major in Video Production. I hear a lot about Vancouver definitely being the place for media. The voice actors for MLP do their voice production there.

I just wanted to ask those of you Canadans from Canadia: Is it true what they dey say?

Vancouver's awesome - the weather's pretty mild all year round, there's a ski resort practically in my backyard, and the amount of nature you see blended with traditional suburbs and city buildings is really something. Many, many movies have been shot here and the city is well known for its position in the film industry. Even DHX Media (the wonderful studio that produces My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) and Daniel Ingram are located here!

So...

• Brohoof 1

Just watch out if you're wandering downtown around midnight on a June evening after the Canucks just lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

dont be talking shit aboot my hometown port moudy jk jk Edited by tailsthefox

Vancouver's awesome - the weather's pretty mild all year round, there's a ski resort practically in my backyard, and the amount of nature you see blended with traditional suburbs and city buildings is really something. Many, many movies have been shot here and the city is well known for its position in the film industry. Even DHX Media (the wonderful studio that produces My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) and Daniel Ingram are located here!

I believe Nicole Oliver stated at BroNYcon that Vancouver is the largest for entertainment production after Los Angeles. I'm pretty sure Jayson Thiessen, James Wootton, and nearly all of the voice actors and Studio B/DHX Media crew are there as well. Among the few that are in LA are Lauren Faust, William Anderson, Tara Strong, and John De Lancie.

The only thing I *don't* enjoy about Vancouver is the traffic congestion... and hardly any freeways going in and around the city (something Calgary has done right). Most of your driving time is spent sitting at red lights and it can take up to an hour to get from one end of the city to the other. I'd much rather walk to where I need to go, and enjoy the outside nature and beachside while I'm at it!

• Brohoof 1

Vancouver seems to be pretty big when it comes to television production, and having DHX there definitely makes it awesome. I've seen a bunch of Canadian corporations listed in credits before on numerous shows and films and always wanted to visit, but never seem to find time. I do have to say that the real Hollywood isn’t that bad either. I go to taping's of shows with friends all the time as a part of the studio audience and it’s actually quite a fun way to spend the day.

I've always wanted to visit Canada just so I can get out of my country for a while...

One person can take only SO MUCH PATRIOTISM before they want to wrap an apple pie and a football (you know the American one that literally looks like shit) with an American Flag, douse it in gasoline, and strap it to a bottle rocket on the 4th of July! XD

Not sure about moving to Canada, but it would at least be nice to take a break from all the Red White and Blue....

I do want to move to Vancouver at some point... but it's hellishly expensive to live there. Driving around town is just terrible at any point of the day... I've done it before, and... it's bad. ;_;

But seriously, they have all the best sushi, best merchandise stores, best this and that... and probably one of the worst homeless problem of all of Canada. That one street... not fun to drive down; pretty depressing.

Although, I'm fine in the Okanagan Valley for now. Kelowna's the only big city I have close access to at least. Just an hour drive.