Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My grandma watched Magical Mystery Cure with me

Princess Twilight

What a champ.

I cried, again.

My third time watching it and I was just sitting there like NOPE and then when Twilight said thank you to her friends my tears.

But my grandma said it was good so a plus for her.

Have you ever let your parents/grandparents watch it with you??

• Brohoof 7

Haha no. My grandma's too sick to watch it, and my grandpa wouldn't get it. I've actually gotten my dad and my other grandpa to watch it though. However, it was the first 2 episodes, and I don't think it left a very good first impression on them.

• Brohoof 2

I can't say I have my grandparents on both sides are dead so that leaves them out and my Dad passed away before I got into the show but I think he would have really liked Pinkie Pie if he ever got into the show. As for my Mom no I really haven't and it is very unlikely that I will, I haven't really told her not because I am going out of my way to hide it from her but I am not really going out of my way to tell her either. When she found out that I still watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles she said that it was "for babies" which sure caught me by surprise but didn't really give me much grief about it beyond that but us watching it together would extremely unlikely. The closest was when I was watching Superman the Animate Series when we were having breakfast and they aired the commercial for the Hub's "Naughty or Nice Awards" with Pinkie Pie and Discord in them.

My grandpa or grandma? Uh uh. No way. Absolutely not. NO. They're too old fashioned. The only thing I would watch with my grandpa is football (american) or golf.

As for my mom and dad, they think pretty much everything I watch is "stupidness". This MLP would be a lot more shocking I guess. Anyway, no, I wouldn't watch it with them either.

I watched horse racing with my Grandpa once. That's pretty close, right?

But srsly, no. My grand parents don't even know I watch it and I've never bothered to ask my parents to watch it with me.

I havn't shown my grandparents the show yet.

Well my grandparents are always watching things with my younger sibilings and cousins so watching something like this show wouldn't be too wierd for them.

Now the only problem would not be to convince them to watch it. But the problem is I watch the show through the Internet, something they arn't used to so there is that. Another issue is that most of the times they are talkin to my parents, aunts and uncles, etc. so they may not be interested.

Finaly

I don't know if I should make them watch it. I mean if they see me watching it and they want to see what it's about then fine, but to make them watch it is kinda being forceful. And I don't force this on anyone.

Mom finds out I'm a Brony after posting mlp pic on Facebook

Mom: So.......you like My Little Pony...

Me: Eeyup.....

Mom: So you're a Brony

Me: Ahuh

Mom: Ok......

Mom leaves room

I think you know the answer to your question...

Edited by RainbowDashFanClub
  • Brohoof 1

The last time that my Grandma visited, she was complaining that cartoons these days are not good like they used to be.  I said something like "maybe you would like My Little Pony," but never got the chance to show it to her before she left. 

• Brohoof 1

I've shared several episodes of mlp with my mom. She's excited about watching Magical Mystery Cure since it's a musical but there are a few episodes, namely Call of the Cutie and Cutie Mark Chronicles, that she still needs to see in order to adequately appreciate it. 

nope but my mother and her boyfriend do have an idea of what it is though. Her boyfriends 2 sons that are similar in age both watch it and love it so much they even went to Brony Con last year in Jersey (I may join them soon). They have a clue but my mom is all weirded out by it.

Well, for sure MLP is the BEST cartoon out there nowadays.

But my parents are not overly interested in it. My dad doesn't even know, but my mum does know that me, my sister and my cousin all have this little obsession over my little pony. But she thinks nothing of it - she has no idea of how huge the fandom is and what Bronies are etc. And to be honest, I rather she didn't find out.

As for my grandma/grandpa! Well! My grandpa only likes cricket and classical music, but somehow I can imagine my grandma would be totally fine with it! Sure, she wouldn't understand it, but, like most grandmas I guess, don't know much about moderne day cartoons, and what kids like, so she would be fine with it! In fact, this post have made me curious to know what she would think of it...

EDIT: This is how much my mum cares for MLP - when she found out that me and my sister and my cousin always did PO y related drawings in draw something, she just rolled her eyes and said, "what a load of tosh". This disheartened me a little, because it made my hopes disappear that she actually didn't mind me liking it. I wish she did understand. :(

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)

Ugh, my grandparents give less of a crap about me that they won't even watch TV with me. O_O

Plus they live in other parts of the state and they claim "no time" to even watch TV.

:/

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2013-02-23 at 7:25 PM, Princess Twilight said:

Have you ever let your parents/grandparents watch it with you??

Yes, I had my mom watch Winter Wrap up once. She wasn't really interested. :worry: