Ninja Derpy

Do you like shipping?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like shipping?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • I don't care
    • No

In general, I have no problem with it. Some "pairs" are just weird, but I don´t care, 1ooo people = 1ooo tastes. My favs are..

SoarinXRainbow Dash

ApplejackXRainbow Dash

OctaviaXVinyl Scratch.

<3

• Brohoof 2

Everything depends on the Shipping, is it a FriendShipping, or normal romantic relationship, or "holy nuts get a room already' shipping.

The first two, I can stand them. Personally I love any shipping arts or fics that put heavy emphasize on the relation parts, not just the bedroom parts

Right now my favorite part is these two Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I do enjoy some shipping once in a while. At least when it's done in a coherent and subtle manner, so as to not diverge to much from the source material.

I second this.

Depends largely on the ship and to what extent it's done. Not counting Lyra and Bon Bon, ship pics that are more towards the romantic scale generally need to have something else on them for me to like them, such as humour, or being damned adorable. Lyra and Bon Bon are exempt from this as that is my canon (as is Twilight and Tom as well as Rocky and Mr. Turnip), but there is still a limit to how far the pictures can go before I stop liking it.

Posted Image

Anyway, outside that I only like friend ships, unless, as previously stated, it's funny or down right adorable.

• Brohoof 2

Eh... Depends... Most of the Mane 6 i can't see being in a relationship (especially rainbowdash)

the other thing is... why is everyshipping... gay? WHY? I may not be a fan of the same gender stuff... and there is more of it than straight ships. So i usually end up getting halfway through a fanfic and going :blink:

But sometimes i think they are "reasonable" like

Bigmac x Fluttershy (both are quiet)

Derpy x Dr whooves (both BG, though i don't think derpy should get shipped)

Molestia x Everpony... I'm kidding!!!

but eh, i think some of the best Fanfics aren't shipping oriented

but don't get me wrong, some of them are fantastic! Ive read my fair share.

Also forgot to mention that Twilight and the TF2 sniper as a friend ship is also my canon.

*WARNING* This one has blood, for those that don't like that stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXkA2sqNAYw

It's my fanon and I can have it if I want it.

Oh yeah, I'm also not a fanfic reader, so all my shipping is pictures. Closest thing to a ship fic I've read is "The Cough." Hardly a ship fic, and one of the few fics I've actually read.

Edited by Vy'drach

I don't specifically look for shipping, I'm more for grimdark and adventure, but when i come across a good one, i'll read it. When it comes to shipping, i usually go for sad or comedy. No drama or straight up romance for me.

May i reccomend...

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16824/1/We%27ll-Fly-Together/

And

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/40829/I-Do

?

Personally I love any shipping arts or fics that put heavy emphasize on the relation parts, not just the bedroom parts

This. This is the difference between having a well written romance fic and a clopfic.

Not that a clopfic can't be well written, but it's always best for the characters to have a reason other than "Hey, we're both here, why the buck not."

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

Eh... Depends... Most of the Mane 6 i can't see being in a relationship (especially rainbowdash)

the other thing is... why is everyshipping... gay? WHY? I may not be a fan of the same gender stuff... and there is more of it than straight ships. So i usually end up getting halfway through a fanfic and going :blink:

But sometimes i think they are "reasonable" like

Bigmac x Fluttershy (both are quiet)

Derpy x Dr whooves (both BG, though i don't think derpy should get shipped)

Molestia x Everpony... I'm kidding!!!

but eh, i think some of the best Fanfics aren't shipping oriented

but don't get me wrong, some of them are fantastic! Ive read my fair share.

I think the reason that most shippings are gay is because most of the characters in MLP are female. I have not seen a lot of male characters in the show outside of Big Mac.

I think the reason that most shippings are gay is because most of the characters in MLP are female. I have not seen a lot of male characters in the show outside of Big Mac.

Big Mac

Flim

Flam

Braeburn

Donut Joe

Soarin

Madden

Caramel

Fancy Pants

Dr. Whooves

Filthy Rich

Hoity Toity

Royal Guards

Blueblood

Red Delicious

Ace

Mr. Breezy

Caboose

Caesar

Cherry Cola

Cormano

Creme Brulee

Davenport

Frederic Horseshoepin

Harpo Parish Nadermane

Harry Trotter

Herald

Horte Cuisine

Hugh Jelly

Jeff "The Dude" Letrotski

Jesús Pezuña

The Master

Morton Saltworthy

Post Haste

Sheriff Silverstar

Steamer

Theodore Donald "Donny" Kerabatsos

Walter Coltchak

Mr. Zippy

Thunderlane

Doctor Stable

Pokey Pierce

There's more, but I tried to find male ponies with at least a little significance.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies

• Brohoof 2

Wow, seeing all the people that like Dash shipping is making me facedesk. :/

Well, I don't really care bout shipping in general until I stumble upon Dash shipping, I have know idea why but it really ticks me off.

I like MLP shipping fan art a lot. It doesn't really matter which ponies are being shipped. I mainly stick to clean images right now, although I'm sure I wouldn't mind r34.

As for fanfiction, I haven't completely read a shipfic so I don't really have an opinion on that yet.

I like shipping, especially with Dashie. (favorite of all time is Flying high Falling hard)

Though, I try to stick to non-clop ships most of the time. I'm a bit afraid of starting to view

ponies as sexual objects, so I try to avoid clop material. Though, if there is a well written

romance, I can tolerate a bit of clop material in it. I don't enjoy clopfics without any good story

though.

I like ships such as Flutterpie, Soarindash, Flutterdash, etc. However, i'm not an active shipper and i don't really take it seriously (and i don't like fanfics anyways).

And i dislike some of the most "mainstream" ships, such as OctaScratch, AppleDash and LyraBon...

Edited by leictreon

prince blueblood, filthy rich, hoity toity,dr whooves, royal guards, soarin, roid rage, quite the number of named background and tertiary characters.

Also a large number of fillies: pip squeek, snips, snails, featherweight, orion, those could be turned into later in life stories

don't forget spike,..

prince blueblood, filthy rich, hoity toity,dr whooves, royal guards, soarin, roid rage, quite the number of named background and tertiary characters.

Also a large number of fillies: pip squeek, snips, snails, featherweight, orion, those could be turned into later in life stories

don't forget spike,..

But out of all of those names can you really think of that many that somebody would be interested in enough to make a story? Most of the fanfics are centred around the female characters, because they have a bigger following.

But out of all of those names can you really think of that many that somebody would be interested in enough to make a story? Most of the fanfics are centred around the female characters, because they have a bigger following.

Actually i think a few of those would make great backstories that intertwine with the females everyone want to follow...

I could see a wonderbolt thing happening and it's the reason dash can't ever join them and other great stuff...

maybe even why bigmac isn't' much of a talker...

the possiblities go as far as people let them...

Actually i think a few of those would make great backstories that intertwine with the females everyone want to follow...

I could see a wonderbolt thing happening and it's the reason dash can't ever join them and other great stuff...

maybe even why bigmac isn't' much of a talker...

the possiblities go as far as people let them...

I can definitely see how those could become excellent stories. I'm just saying that it seems the most popular characters in the fandom are generally female.
  • Brohoof 1

No one's disputing the female characters are more popular, but there's enough male characters out there that someone could easily make plenty of straight ships if they wanted. It's not the lack of male characters as previously stated, it's the lack of interest. And I said I left out characters that had absolutely nothing noteworthy about them. Probably the most obscure is Cormano, but he's a possible reference to a video game character from a game called Sunset Riders, with Cormano being a bounty hunter that wears a pink hat, with Cormano in the show being a male pony with a pink cowboy hat in Appleoosa.

Caesar and Hector are half of the four most commonly seen ponies of high society (the other two being Lyrica and Royal Ribbon, two females). Remember, Lyra and Bon Bon weren't noteworthy for anything except appearing noteworthy in the background (Lyra sitting and her insane hopping grin), and appearing often simultaneously, and look at the fanbase they have now.

I didn't flesh anything out, but I could see the barebones basis for a ship with the ones I stated, and it didn't take effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Meh, I find shipping quite good as long as it's well done and gets properly explained.

Twixie is one of my best...hehe...

Nah, I like them to be clean though, Clop can be referenced but I don't really like it when they get too sexual. It just ends up detracting from the plot (haw haw...) 'Beating the heat' was the perfect example of that.

Meh, shipping is incredibly manly^-^ Hrah!

-Joe-

• Brohoof 1

yes i love shipping! for homestuck. although the one pair in mlp that could never work is appledash. just because they have the same voice actor. now the ship that will work in homestuck is vriska tavros unless you know you dont know about homestuck and in that case i

feel very bad for you because you have not experienced the magic. i am sorry.