Ninja Derpy

Do you like shipping?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like shipping?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • I don't care
    • No

Only hetero ships. I find the lesbo (and in some cases gay) images disgusting and pointless.

Best ships? Chetnik+Dashie *squee*, SweetieSpike, DerpyDoc to name a few. :P

Oyea and as @Star Weaver said, what matters is the KIND of ship.

Good FriendShips - FlutterDash

Good RomanceShips - DiscordPie (don't kill me)

Good SexyShips - ShiningCadenza (lol)

Edited by StefanSreto

I like shipping, any kind of shipping really, I'm always interested in how a writer showcases such a strong emotion in such a way that it becomes believable for that one couple, to make them more alive, to read it and be like "Yea! That's totally like so-and-so!", those are the ones that amaze me every single time. The less emotional ones aren't always the best, mostly written for the sake of writing down a fantasy, but they are fun to read too. So in any case, yea, I love any type of shipping.

I really haven't been introduced to shipping in the ponies world, but I generally enjoy shipping in my other worlds that I read fanfiction about so I am sure this one will be no different. I was told that Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are a huge pairing, hence my signature. But all and all I can't wait to become more versed in it.

• Brohoof 1

I love shipping (i used to hate it, i admit, but it grew on me). My OTPs are Flutterpie and Flutterdash.

However, i don't like the most "mainstream" ships (Lyrabon, Appledash, Octascratch). I like them in rule 34, but in regular shipping, i don't.

I like shipping more so in other fandoms though. There only two MLP shippings that I like and one of those two could be considered a crack shipping. For platonic relationships I really like Spike and Twilight. I like stories that focus on their relationship, which I find very interesting. Edited by Jalaton

I love non-sexual shipping.

Hugs, cuddles light kisses.

I love.

I've been shipping before I even knew what shipping was. I would watch kid's shows and hope with all my heart that two characters would get together and fall in love and get married.

I'm a hopeless romantic and seeing people in love really makes me happy.

Naturally I'd want to see my beloved Rarity be happy :).

I love

Rarishy

Raripie

and Sparity

~

• Brohoof 1

to me, shipping is kinda weird, but its also cute, i see nothing wrong with it, if people wanna pair up applejack and rarity, why not? hell, i picture sonic and rainbow dash shipped all the time, they both share many characteristics

Robamney for ever.

Original AMERICA true pairing.

Seriously though, I still like my stance on friendshipping. Not enough friendships because there's not enough friends in the world.

post-6061-0-61186100-1351316412.gif

Yeah, I knew people love shipping her because shes a challenge. It wasn't what i was getting at though, I was saying seeing RD shipping pisses me off.....kinda sad really, and I have no idea why.

It's because more than 45% of all ships in My Little Pony are Rainbow Dash with somepony. And that's saying something: there are over 200 character pairing combinations for Friendship is Magic alone (although most people simply care about shipping the mane cast. But still, RD alone is 6 of those 36 combinations).

Yes, I did do the math.

Edited by Blue

To paraphrase an earlier poster: When I was your age, shipping meant putting something in a box and taking it to FedEx, UPS, or the Post Office. Anywho, I don't like shipping enough to read a lot of fanfics or look at a lot of fanart containing it. But it doesn't disgust me either. The few I have looked at are about deep, emotional relationships and had little or no sexual content. A powerful connection between two beings of any gender or species can be a wonderful thing.

As far as routine pairings go, I have this to say: If Rainbow Dash were real, she would be embarrassed to know she is the subject of so many shippings. On the other hand, I probably like Apple Pie just based on the name alone, lol!

Shipping is like all fan fics when it is done right and has a good set up it can be really good. It needs to be more than just putting two ponies together.

• Brohoof 1

I'm all about the ships, man. I don't really understand why so many people are so harshly against the idea.

My headcanon ships include: AppleDash, OctaVinyl, Lyra and BonBon (is there a name for that one?), and TwiDoc.

I always get into a shouting match with my good buddy (LisKira) whenever I bring up AppleDash :P It's a good time.

Edited by sirseansy

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I know shipping really has some mixed feelings about it. Some people really hate it, and yet other people really like it. I just wanted to see how many people like or don't like it.

I love shipping. It allows me to buy stuff without leaving my house. I pay a small fee, and it shows up on my doorstep! What could be better?

Kidding aside, it makes for some great d'aww pics. Like this one my roomie and my girlfriend did:

sleepy_blossomfifth_by_aintnobuffalo-d4v

I'm a fan of certain ones, usually ones that are written well and match how the characters would most likely act if they were in the situation created. But I don't really enjoy ones that deter too far from what the character actually is in the show...oh also I don't like OC fanfics.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely LOVE shipping. Nearly all of the RP's that I do as a pony, they're always some ship that I follow, whether it's canon, OC's, canon-OC, etc. It's especially cool to see how it all plays out too.

Yess

PinkieDash is my favorite ship, even though lately I haven't seen much of it, gonna add that to my to do list xD

I love all sorts of ships, although not a big fan of FlutterMac, because Dimitri would kill me if I said it was best ship, ain't that right @,?

• Brohoof 3

Yess

PinkieDash is my favorite ship, even though lately I haven't seen much of it, gonna add that to my to do list xD

I love all sorts of ships, although not a big fan of FlutterMac, because Dimitri would kill me if I said it was best ship, ain't that right @,?

That's right! I'd end your miserable life very quickly :D

And by that I mean I'd torture you for so long that you would wish for death

post-8319-0-35229400-1355361773_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm all good with shipping.

What i cant stand is that some people hate certain ships. I seriously don't get it. They write walls of texts just to prove that a certain ship from a cartoon about candy colored ponies is terrible and they will stop at nothing to do so. They would also defend their favorite ship with immense and exaggerated fanaticism.

I like FlutterMac. I dont like TwiDash. I like AppleWhooves. I dont like Derpy hooves. etc.

But I still enjoy it. Some people just doesn't know how to enjoy.