Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

OOC

Queen's Cross Station, the train station that's rumoured to be quite as old as the city of Canterlot itself, was crowded with ponies of all sorts. There were the usual and obvious finds at a train station, it being crowded with busybodies and ponies rushing hither and thither, each heavily laden with luggage, but there were a few things you were unlikely to see anywhere else, such as the old-timer, obviously from Germaney, having a loud discussion with one of the ponies behind the ticket counter, who didn't seem to be able to understand a word he was saying, or else the large pack of dogs that were transporting a curiously large round package to a pewter-coloured train, looking suspiciously at anypony and everypony that came within arm's reach of them.

But evidently, the newest and most interesting sight at this train station was the sparkling scarlet engine that occupied the line closest to Queen's Cross's main entrance. It really was something majestic, with all those double-decker carriages trailing along behind it, each seemingly much larger than a regular train car. Several ponies, in fact, had stopped to try and peer in one of the windows, and had managed to glimpse a view of a hair salon, a large bedroom, or else a roller-rink before the crowd jostled them away from the train. 

The train had caught the eye of a heavily-laden lavender unicorn, whose intelligent green eyes scanned the fine beast with much interest. He made his way towards the ticket counter, and inquired something of the pony behind the counter that could not be heard due to the shouting of the Germane pony beside him. The pony behind the counter, however, could hear him, and after looking him up and down, taking in the fancy suit and the oddly-shaped saddlebag, she said, "Oh, that'd be the Friendship Express, it would. Newest and finest steam engine in Equestria, it would be. It's taking it's very first trip around Equestria today, actually. Anypony who can afford it can see all of Equestria's wonders in luxury, and..." The lavender pony had interrupted her, and she looked taken aback slightly. "Oh, it's actually much cheaper than you would think, isn't it? It's only-" She gestured at the sign above her that listed the prices of journeys on trains, and after staring at it for five ocmplete seconds, apparently dumbfounded, the unicorn dropped a few coins on the counter and trotted, smirking at his great victory, onto one of the double-decker carriages, silver ticket levitated magically before him.

Edited by Descant ♫
  • Brohoof 3

(OOC: I just happened to be looking at the front page when I noticed this.)

Star gulped and stared up at the large double-decker train car. She had just showed the pony at the ticket booth her ticket and she was feeling quite eager to board...the loud Germane pony was really starting to get to her.

So she hauled her large suitcase, violin and guitar onto the train and started making her way up the stairs to the top floor to her room...which was rather difficult considering she was carrying her suitcase, a violin and a guitar.

• Brohoof 2

Fiera had spent a rather nice time in Canterlot visiting her favorite relatives, and she was actually just about to be heading back to Ponyville to her care takers, but she had stopped to take a rather extended look at the train that was currently in the station. It was much bigger than a normal train, with each section seemingly oddly shaped compared to the others.

The crown was large, and the sound even more so. She could barely hear her own thoughts over the chatter which was all about the train obviously. Fiera struggled to get to the ticket booth. It seemed everypony wanted to get on this train.

Fiera asked about the train, trying to get all possible info about it. It sounded like one heck of a trip. But was she really willing to risk having her care takers sending search parties?... Yes, yes it was.

Fiera bought her extremely cheap ticket and was told her room number and hurried onto the train, hoping to not get knocked down by the crowd on her way. When she got on the train; after being knocked down at least a dozen times, she headed into the room she would be staying in. She checked the bags she was carrying and swore she was missing one... but surely it couldn't matter.

(If any errors are here, please point them out so i can edit them immediately)

• Brohoof 1

Little Hop trotted around the station taking in all the sounds, smells and sights. She had always wanted to travel across Equestria and lucky enough she heard about the Friendship Express and had to go. The train itself mesmerized her and she could only imagine what they had on it. She had heard that the passenger cars were the most luxurious in all of Equestria and the food was heavenly. It made her giddy on the inside just thinking about it. Hop quickly showed her ticket to one of the workers and trotted on along with her luggage. She went up to the upper part of the train car and found a nice comfortable spot to set her stuff down on.  

Moonbeam came trotting out of the theater merrily singing.

"...The servants gone to a distant planet

Oh oh oh oooooh

At the late night double feature picture show

I want to go

Oooooh

To the late night double feature picture show..."

Well that show was interesting, she thought happily when the clock-tower started to chime somewhere in Canterlot. Oh, my train!

She ran for the station. She presented her ticket, and began to board the magnificent locomotive. She had all of her things loaded on board before going to the show so she made her way to her room at the very top floor, where she could have a brilliant view of the countryside. She noticed a light blue pony...or zebra...she couldn't quite tell. She was struggling with all of her things. Moonbeam approached her and asked, "Hi there, do you want help with all of that?" Who knows, maybe they would end up being good friends.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

Deep Freeze stepped up to a counter as a pony with a violin and guitar, as well as a normal suitcase, surprise, moved aside and entered a train,  and another pony who had pushed through the crowd, and while he was slightly annoyed, it wasn't like he wasn't trying to get a ticket himself. Without bothering to look at the sign with the costs above, he said, "I would like to buy-" A loud Germane pony nearby shouted and he was interrupted, so he began again over the noise, "I would like to buy a ticket for the new Friendship Express, how expensive is it." She held up a sign with an amount of bits on it (that I do not know -.-), and he raised an eyebrow in surprise with a pleasant grin on his face. "If that'll be all," he said, placing a few bits on the desk, "have a good day."

He trudged over to the train, and a pony nearly shouted in his face, "Ticket please!" He took a step back and rolled his eyes. "A bit quieter if you don't mind. Here it is." The man gave a disapprovingly look but said nothing, stamping the ticket, and Deep Freeze was on the train. He looked around and turned left, a good guess as a few rooms later, he was greeted by his own, and he entered, set his stuff down, and settled in...

((@, I'll be in 4B, mostly because in my post, I turned left, assuming that I was going on between 4 and 5, and I couldn't take a bottom floor on carriage 3, and my character didn't go up any stairs. I hope my logic works.))

Edited by Opalicious

@,

((It's fine.))

@@Opalicious,

((It's vague on purpose. Mostly because I didn't know how much it would be exactly either.))

Looking more closely at his ticket for the first time, the lavender unicorn saw that his apartment was 3F. Looking at a small map of the train just inside the entrance, he saw that the number referred to which carriage it was, the actual engine being labelled 12, and the caboose being 1. He made his way to the third carriage, and groaned when he saw that Suites A-D were on the ground floor. He'd have to climb the stairs. 

((So, guys, that's how this is arranged. Carriages 2 and 3 are sleeper cars, along with the bottom floor of 4. Four suites on each floor of each carriage. Find your compartment.))

Edited by Descant ♫
  • Brohoof 1

To make the big sale, one had to follow three simple steps:

Step one: Scope the area.

Step two: Identify your target.

Step three: Turn on the charm.

Even before he could walk, Jabbermouth was working on this fool-proof plan. And as he trotted aimlessly around the train station, he saw many targets. Some were rich, some were unperceptive, and some were both. And it was the ponies that were so full of money they were blind that he honed in on.

As he calmly walked up to his first catch of the day, something caught Jabber's eye: an immense and glorious train, sparkling in the light. Even from the distance he was at he could tell that it was a train for the affluent, the ponies who wanted to travel in calm luxury. Jabber could see it now: trotting away from an elderly mare on the train, a bag of bits jangling in his mouth as he listens to her ring one of the "legendary" six bells of Starswirl the Bearded. Not that those silly things existed, anyway. But she didn't have to know that it was a cheap knock-off, right?

As he bought his ticket and stepped onto the train, visions of mountains of bits dancing through his head, Jabbermouth exhaled a sigh of relief. This would be a nice, relaxing, and profitable train ride.

OOC: The six bells comes from a different RP. Also, Jabber isn't gonna try to scam anypony (too much :P ), I'm just setting up personality and stuff.

• Brohoof 1

The pale pegasus landed just outside of the station. it would be to crowded inside to land safely. He was packed relatively lightly. 

He walked up to the train and presented his ticket. He had been surprised when his cousin had given it to him but being one of the more well-to-do ponies of canterlot he was able to get a ticket early, a ticket which he had then given to Classy. He had been worried about how expensive it was but he could see from here that it wasn't too expensive. 

He entered the train and found an empty suite car. it would be interesting to meet the ponies who would share the car with him.

Sitting down on the plush bed, Classy chuckled to himself "Fancy is really missing out." He tipped his hat to a passing train worker as he explored the train further

Edited by SørenWolf

Moonbeam came trotting out of the theater merrily singing.

"...The servants gone to a distant planet

Oh oh oh oooooh

At the late night double feature picture show

I want to go

Oooooh

To the late night double feature picture show..."

Well that show was interesting, she thought happily when the clock-tower started to chime somewhere in Canterlot. Oh, my train!

She ran for the station. She presented her ticket, and began to board the magnificent locomotive. She had all of her things loaded on board before going to the show so she made her way to her room at the very top floor, where she could have a brilliant view of the countryside. She noticed a light blue pony...or zebra...she couldn't quite tell. She was struggling with all of her things. Moonbeam approached her and asked, "Hi there, do you want help with all of that?" Who knows, maybe they would end up being good friends.

Star had the handle of her violin in her mouth so she couldn't really reply...all that came out was. "Nff ff gfff itgff." She gave one mighty tug on her suitcase and managed to pull it up the last three steps. She blushed and pulled her violin from her mouth. "I...Sorry, I got it." She said, letting out a small chuckle.

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

@,

"Are you sure? You seem to be having a hard time," she replied with a chuckle. "At least let me hold the violin so you don't have to keep it in your mouth!" she laughed.

"My name is Moonbeam by the way. What's your name?" she asked in a friendly manner. Now that she thought about it, she had an odd feeling like she had met this pony before...Oh, well, she was probably just confusing her for someone else.

• Brohoof 1

@@MelancholicMemory,

"My name is Star Song. And thank's for the offer but my room is right over there." She said, looking past a lavender unicorn at her room. After a moment she realized her suitcase was in the way of the staircase. She blushed and quickly moved it down the hall...along with her guitar and violin.

@,

As Star arrived at her room Moonbeam replied, "Oh, okay. It's very nice to meet you Star Song. We should hang out sometime. I'm staying right across the hall from you. In fact, after you get all of your thing in order, do you want to come explore the rest of the train with me?" she asked cheerfully. "This train is so big and amazing!"

• Brohoof 1

The unicorn flashed a brief smile at the timid-looking turquiose pony and her friend as he passed them , exiting the staircase grumbling under his breath. This saddlepack was really rather heavy. Well, of course it was. He had managed to stuff all his clothes into it, as well as several of his musical instruments he had needed for the concert. He glanced around, and saw that 3F was the suite right next to the stairs. He trotted inside, and flung the heavy saddlebag onto his bed, where it let out a reverberating clang. Unconcerned, he glanced around his room. It was quite well-furnished. Of course, it didn't quite compare to his own home, but the bed looked comfortable enough, and the framed pictures and top-quality restroom were somewhat notable. He emerged back into the hallway after a moment, and glanced around. The other two ponies he had passed around were still there.

Edited by Descant ♫
  • Brohoof 2

@,

As Star arrived at her room Moonbeam replied, "Oh, okay. It's very nice to meet you Star Song. We should hang out sometime. I'm staying right across the hall from you. In fact, after you get all of your thing in order, do you want to come explore the rest of the train with me?" she asked cheerfully. "This train is so big and amazing!"

Star nodded happily. "I'd love too." She said, smiling. "I'm just gonna unpack some of my things. When I finish up I will come knock on your door...or when you finish unpacking you can come here...whoever finishes first I suppose." She chuckled and unlocked her door. "I'll uh...I'll see you in a few minutes." She said, her smile widening slightly.

And with that, she hauled all her stuff into her room and started unpacking.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Moonbeam smiled at Star before opening the door to her own room and stepping inside. The room was very cozy, and from the window, she had a lovely view of the streets of the city. She set to work unpacking everything and setting up her room. She had brought linens, some basic clothing in case she wanted to get fancy, her small collection of hats, and a wooden box which held the broken remains of her magical flute. She set everything in order before hanging her key around her neck with a string and stepping back out into the hall. She knocked politely on Star's door.

• Brohoof 1

Fiera let out a sigh of relief when she finished unpacking her things, knowing she would be staying there for a very, very long time. Fiera's stomach rumbled and she just remembered she hadn't eating since the day before at lunch. "I wonder where a pony can get some food around here..." she said to herself.

Fiera left her room, and took note of its position. 3H. The first thing she noticed was a unicorn stallion standing in the hallway that just came out of the room opposite side of hers. "Uh... do you know where i might be able to get some food?" he asked him.@,  

(I'm guessing the rooms are aligned like this

(Bottom level)

A C

B D

(Top level)

E G

F H

With numbers being the carriage number)

Creeping Dusk was queuing up for his train home, when he saw a sudden and unusual bustle of activity headed for a...rather large train, to understate the situation. 

He took a look at his train and his ticket, and stood in thought for a few minutes. 'Well...I have another few weeks off work...I...guess I can see what this is all about' and he trotted towards the ticket counter, almost forgetting his suitcase. "Oops, that'd be bad" he chuckled to himself as he returned for it.

Approaching the counter, he inquired about the larger train at the station, and he was informed of its name - "The Friendship Express" and its purpose. It seemed to be some sort of hotel-style tour train. He asked how much a ticket would be, and his attention was directed at a sign with the prices stated on it. He smiled and placed his bits on the counter, before taking his ticket and hopping over to the train.

He stood just at the side of the door, looking at the the train for a while before he went on board. 

He stood in the hallway, looking for his room on the ticket. He didn't have much luck finding it, as he was only skimming over it so he could be out the way before he stopped anypony else from boarding. Suddenly, his stomach rumbled and he decided he better get some food, taking his suitcase in his mouth, he set off in the direction of the food carriage.

Edited by Creeping Dusk

Harmonic was boarding the train, taking in all of the sights and sounds that surrounded him. He presented his ticket to the conductor. 

"How luxorious, especially for a simple train." He says to himself. He went up to his room on carriage 4. Walking inside, he levitated his belongings into more appropriate spots.

"This should be enjoyable."

Harmonic felt a bit hungry, and decided he should find something to eat, especially considering he had a very long journey ahead of him. He decided to head to the carriage lounge for a bit of refreshment.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

As most trains go, this one was certainly a lot more spacious. The cabins were well furnished and seemed to add to the charm. The sheer variety of activities and services available nearly made him drool across the pamphlet. Who knew that treating yourself could come at such an affordable cost?

Trotting down the hallway with his saddle bags at his side, Star found it very difficult not to feel excited. Finally, a chance just to get away from all the city life drama and the usual antics of home. Simply said nothing could possibly go wrong.

The room was rather easy to find, the host being very specific. Taking the key from his bag he clicked open the door and trotted inside. At last, no roommates. There always came trouble when you had to interact with roommates, but now I finally get a room to myself. Well, aside from my house, but is beyond the matter. The room was well decorated and furnished offering all he might have asked for in a hotel, much less a train.

Star slid off his saddlebags and placed them gently on the bedside. He could get around to organising those later, right now he had some time to take a quick look around before they set off. There was still plenty to see and not much chance of getting too lost here.

Sliding the door shut behind him, Star Keeper trotted merrily towards the lounge area within the carriage. He could smell the faint hint of coffee coming from the floor above, reeling him slowly in like a fish on a line. Exploring could come later, refreshment is a must.

Trotting triumphantly from the art contest, Star Rain was definitely in a good mood. She had entered a watercolor painting into an art contest and almost miraculously won a grand prize that consisted of 900,000 bits, a silky blue ribbon, and an amulet. She pocketed 100 bits and sent the rest to her room back in Ponyville in a bag. Her triumph didn't last long though when she got caught in a crowd galloping toward something. She tried to wrestle out, but couldn't do so. She definitely couldn't magic blast everypony out of the way, though that method was quite tempting. 

She got shoved all the way to the train station. She was about turn around when then she saw a scarlet train. It was quite the work of art in her opinion, and luxurious, though she wasn't a huge diehard fan of everything high-class. Out of curiosity, she checked out the prices and was pleasantly shocked by the cost to board. She decided to take the oppertunity and check out everything Equestria has to offer. She paid her couple bits and boarded the train.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Moonbeam smiled at Star before opening the door to her own room and stepping inside. The room was very cozy, and from the window, she had a lovely view of the streets of the city. She set to work unpacking everything and setting up her room. She had brought linens, some basic clothing in case she wanted to get fancy, her small collection of hats, and a wooden box which held the broken remains of her magical flute. She set everything in order before hanging her key around her neck with a string and stepping back out into the hall. She knocked politely on Star's door.

Star had just finished unpacking when she heard a knock on the door. She smiled and trotted over, unlocking and opening the door when she arrived. "Hi...I just finished unpacking all my things." She said, happily. She was feeling much more outgoing than she usually would. 

• Brohoof 1

Harmonic went up to the lounge on the upper floor of the cart, and looked around for something to drink.

Harmonic noticed a fresh pot of coffee, and levitated it get himself some. He took out a mug from a shelf with his horn and poured some fresh coffee in. Sitting down at a table nearby.

"I wonder what other kinds of ponies would be on such an upper-class train, this time is certainly my first." Harmonic thought to himself. While wonders of the ancient world were his expertise, that often left his knowledge of modern pony contraptions lacking.

• Brohoof 1

Fiera let out a sigh of relief when she finished unpacking her things, knowing she would be staying there for a very, very long time. Fiera's stomach rumbled and she just remembered she hadn't eating since the day before at lunch. "I wonder where a pony can get some food around here..." she said to herself.

Fiera left her room, and took note of its position. 3H. The first thing she noticed was a unicorn stallion standing in the hallway that just came out of the room opposite side of hers. "Uh... do you know where i might be able to get some food?" he asked him.@,  

(I'm guessing the rooms are aligned like this

(Bottom level)

A C

B D

(Top level)

E G

F H

With numbers being the carriage number)

((Fair assumption.))

The unicorn shrugged, and glanced sideways at the map of the train featured on the wall by the stairs. "I don't know. But it looks like there's one two carriages over." He gestured out the door between their two rooms. "My name's Encore, by the way." He held out his hoof, somewhat rigidly, to shake as he always did. His voice lilted with a strange accent that might have been native to Trottingham. It didn't sound exactly like someone from Trottingham, but it was close.

((Everything on the upper floor of the third carriage has been taken.))

As Star Keeper trotted up the stairs he came across another one of the passengers. He seemed nice enough, his green coat and mane seemed to stand out. Who knows, maybe he's a good guy? Star trotted towards the smell of coffee, his subconscious taking the controls. After he was satisfied with the amount he was able to fit in his cup without overflowing, he trotted up to the new stallion to greet him.

This is usually where things start to go wrong. Star was quite useless when it came to social interaction, let alone holding a conversation. Instead of the usual "how are you doing" Star decided to freeze up until he could properly word a sentence.

"H-hi." Better than nothing.