Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

"Oh, great!" she exclaimed softly. "Let's go." She skated with Star Keeper to the edge of the roller rink, tripping a little as she climbed onto the normal floor. "Oops," she said with a laugh. She climbed onto a bench and removed her skates before returning them to the mare from before.

"Okay, Star. I'm going to get myself all cleaned up before we eat. I'll meet you right in front of the restaurant in about half an hour," she said, raising a hoof in farewell.

"Sure, I'll just...  do the same." Actually he wasn't too sure what to do with himself until them. That and he couldn't stop thinking about it. His room was probably the best place to start off, half an hour was long enough to get cleaned and spruced up in. As he began to trot back to his room he feel and hit the floor face first once again. He let out a painful groan before realizing his error.

"First things first; take off skates, then go get ready."

• Brohoof 1

"So, uh, yeah. That happened." Jabbermouth awkwardly coughed into his hoof. He noticed that Accent seemed...different...than before Encore and Unholy had showed up. His mind was furiously making connections: he and Accent hit it off and agree to a date, Encore shows up, Jabber leaves for two minutes and when he returns...

...oh, Encore. You little motherbucker. You're trying to steal my new ladyfriend, aren't you?

Jabber's smile was so forced he could hear his teeth grinding together. "So how 'bout we go see what Encore and Unholy are up to? Maybe get...better acquainted? I think he and I are due for a little chat."

OOC: @, prepare for the righteous (and unwarranted) fury of a salespony. :lol:

Accent snapped out of her little trance, looking back up to Jabber, who seemed a bit... Odd... But, at least she got to go see Encore again.

"Uh... Sure, lets go... Jabber? Are you alright? You're starting to grind your teeth into dust... And I'm no dentist, but I'm pretty sure that's not good..."

• Brohoof 2

"Sure, I'll just...  do the same." Actually he wasn't too sure what to do with himself until them. That and he couldn't stop thinking about it. His room was probably the best place to start off, half an hour was long enough to get cleaned and spruced up in. As he began to trot back to his room he feel and hit the floor face first once again. He let out a painful groan before realizing his error.

"First things first; take off skates, then go get ready."

Moonbeam walked through the hallways and ascended the stairs to her room. She took a brief jump in he shower, allowing the hot water and steam to flow over her, cleaning and shining her coat and revitalizing her mind. She dried herself off and sprayed a hint of lilac scent on herself as she walked out into the main section of her room. She put on a simple, light dress, which as a faded dark purple, perfectly complementing her blue coat and mane. In addition to this, she even brushed her mane for once!

She walked to her door cheerfully when something suddenly hit her. Why exactly did she feel so compelled to get so spruced up? Sure it was a nice restaurant, but she didn't have to do all of this. Who was she trying to impress? Do I...do I...like... she thought to herself as her face grew a bright red. Her alarm clock beeped to announce the hour, snapping her out of her thoughts. She rushed out the door and headed straight for the restaurant. She finally arrived, looking around for Star Keeper nervously.

• Brohoof 1

Accent snapped out of her little trance, looking back up to Jabber, who seemed a bit... Odd... But, at least she got to go see Encore again.

"Uh... Sure, lets go... Jabber? Are you alright? You're starting to grind your teeth into dust... And I'm no dentist, but I'm pretty sure that's not good..."

"Yes. I'm completely fine." 

No no no, you moron! You sound totally pissed off!

"I mean, yeah! Totally coolio!"

Oh dear Celestia did you really just say coolio...

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Whatevs, y'know."

You're coming off as a cocky son-of-a-griffon.

"I mean...I mean...yeah, yeah, just...y'know, train air. Ahehe." He laughed uneasily and began making his way to the spa, trying to look anywhere but Accent - which was very hard to do.

"Yes. I'm completely fine." 

No no no, you moron! You sound totally pissed off!

"I mean, yeah! Totally coolio!"

Oh dear Celestia did you really just say coolio...

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Whatevs, y'know."

You're coming off as a cocky son-of-a-griffon.

"I mean...I mean...yeah, yeah, just...y'know, train air. Ahehe." He laughed uneasily and began making his way to the spa, trying to look anywhere but Accent - which was very hard to do.

Something isn't right about him... There's Jabber weird, and just being weird... Is he... Wait. Could he be jealous of Encore? Is that why all of this is happening?

Nah. He wouldn't be. Someone honest like him would NEVER be that jealous of another... Right?

Accent walked alongside Jabber to the spa.

"I live in a really tiny house by the edge of town. And I like going to ponyville park to busk...I play more for myself but Diamond is always telling me to get out of the house...so instead of playing inside, I play outside." She giggled. "I actually think I may have seen you there before. Once or twice...I could be wrong though." She said, as they neared the food carriage.

"Well i usually go out in the quiet days so i can have the place to myself more or less, but you might have." Hop said opening the diner car door and allowing Star theough first. "But i also stay in a lot too so i dont know." Hop had a sudden question pop into her head for no reason. "Do you like tea, Star?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well i usually go out in the quiet days so i can have the place to myself more or less, but you might have." Hop said opening the diner car door and allowing Star theough first. "But i also stay in a lot too so i dont know." Hop had a sudden question pop into her head for no reason. "Do you like tea, Star?"

Star smiled and stepped through the door. She quietly listened to Hop and nodded at Hop's question. "Mhmm." She said, cutely. "Diamond makes her own loose leaf tea and that's what we sell at the shop...but when...I mean...if you come visit in Ponyville I can promise you that the kettle will be boiling." She smiled as a waitress trotted over to her and Hop. "Hello, Will it be just you two eating tonight ?" She asked, levitating two menu's from a small stand by the door.

Star smiled and stepped through the door. She quietly listened to Hop and nodded at Hop's question. "Mhmm." She said, cutely. "Diamond makes her own loose leaf tea and that's what we sell at the shop...but when...I mean...if you come visit in Ponyville I can promise you that the kettle will be boiling." She smiled as a waitress trotted over to her and Hop. "Hello, Will it be just you two eating tonight ?" She asked, levitating two menu's from a small stand by the door.

"Yes please." Hop replied kindly. *Lets see... Seems genuinely happy about her job, seems nice, great attitude.* Hop leaned over to Star and whispered. "We've got a good waiter, so that means good service too. You dont mind tipping do you?" Hop followed the waiter to their table and sat down.

(Last post tonight)

• Brohoof 1

"Yes please." Hop replied kindly. *Lets see... Seems genuinely happy about her job, seems nice, great attitude.* Hop leaned over to Star and whispered. "We've got a good waiter, so that means good service too. You dont mind tipping do you?" Hop followed the waiter to their table and sat down.

(Last post tonight)

Star followed hop over to the table and sat down across from her. "I can pay. Its no problem. The reason I came to Canterlot is because I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to play alongside Octavia...well...I was just playing off with the other violinists but it was still really cool being on a stage with Octavia...anyway, I got payed a few bits and I won a trip on the train...so luckily I have some to spare. So dinner is on me." She said, smiling and picking up her menu

Moonbeam walked through the hallways and ascended the stairs to her room. She took a brief jump in he shower, allowing the hot water and steam to flow over her, cleaning and shining her coat and revitalizing her mind. She dried herself off and sprayed a hint of lilac scent on herself as she walked out into the main section of her room. She put on a simple, light dress, which as a faded dark purple, perfectly complementing her blue coat and mane. In addition to this, she even brushed her mane for once!

She walked to her door cheerfully when something suddenly hit her. Why exactly did she feel so compelled to get so spruced up? Sure it was a nice restaurant, but she didn't have to do all of this. Who was she trying to impress? Do I...do I...like... she thought to herself as her face grew a bright red. Her alarm clock beeped to announce the hour, snapping her out of her thoughts. She rushed out the door and headed straight for the restaurant. She finally arrived, looking around for Star Keeper nervously.

Star found himself in the common situation of not knowing what to think. He slowly got himself ready but his mind was cluttered with random thoughts and queries. After a while he began to feel the slight sensation of nervousness, the rush that sunk to the pit of his stomach. He didn't dress up often, there was little cause for it. Now he found himself wearing his black blazer and white scarf. he hadn't worn this since university.

And the time is now... 40 minutes past. Well bugger, already late. Nice keeping track of time buddy. With a quick brush of his mane, not helping in the slightest, he galloped off down the hall towards the dining cart. Hopefully the right one. After a few minutes he made it and there she was. Star instantly just wanted to turn back and leave, just being late was enough to ruin it. Sucking in a lung full  of air he trotted on.

Star sat down next to her at the table, wiping a bit of sweat off his brow. "H-hi, sorry I'm late. I just lost track of the time. You look lovely this evening." Not bad, you're getting a bit better at least.

• Brohoof 1

@

He smiled and nodded, standing up and opening the door. 'why am I doing this...' he thought as he looked slowly across all the ponies in the room. He stepped inside, and looked around for a clock of some sort, he found one on the other side of the room and strained to read it. "It's um...8-something. It's getting late, anyway..." he sighed, not actually sure why he wanted to, but he did anyway. "Um...F-Fiera? C-can you lead p-please?" he asked, fiddling with his hooves.

Star found himself in the common situation of not knowing what to think. He slowly got himself ready but his mind was cluttered with random thoughts and queries. After a while he began to feel the slight sensation of nervousness, the rush that sunk to the pit of his stomach. He didn't dress up often, there was little cause for it. Now he found himself wearing his black blazer and white scarf. he hadn't worn this since university.

And the time is now... 40 minutes past. Well bugger, already late. Nice keeping track of time buddy. With a quick brush of his mane, not helping in the slightest, he galloped off down the hall towards the dining cart. Hopefully the right one. After a few minutes he made it and there she was. Star instantly just wanted to turn back and leave, just being late was enough to ruin it. Sucking in a lung full  of air he trotted on.

Star sat down next to her at the table, wiping a bit of sweat off his brow. "H-hi, sorry I'm late. I just lost track of the time. You look lovely this evening." Not bad, you're getting a bit better at least.

"Oh, it's okay. I was a little late myself and-" she began before she noticed Star Keeper's compliment. Her face returned to the rosy red from before, as she replied bashfully, "T-Thank you."

"Um...let's head inside," she said, before walking into a restaurant into the restaurant. An incredibly well-dressed stallion approached the two of them and said,

"Welcome, sir and madam. Table for two?"

"Y-yes," replied Moonbeam.

"Right this way," replied the stallion, guiding them to a table in the back of the restaurant. "Please have a seat. Your waiter will be with you in a moment." Moonbeam sat down, resting her forehooves on the table, while the gentlecolt walked back towards the entrance of the restaurant.

Star followed hop over to the table and sat down across from her. "I can pay. Its no problem. The reason I came to Canterlot is because I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to play alongside Octavia...well...I was just playing off with the other violinists but it was still really cool being on a stage with Octavia...anyway, I got payed a few bits and I won a trip on the train...so luckily I have some to spare. So dinner is on me." She said, smiling and picking up her menu

Hop gave Star a look that said "Youre kidding me?" Then picked up her menu. "Im impressed. I have a friend who adores Octavia along with myslef. And i guess i did say i would pay for lunch, didnt I?" Hop said scanning through the menu for something she knew she likes.

Star followed hop over to the table and sat down across from her. "I can pay. Its no problem. The reason I came to Canterlot is because I got a once in a lifetime opportunity to play alongside Octavia...well...I was just playing off with the other violinists but it was still really cool being on a stage with Octavia...anyway, I got payed a few bits and I won a trip on the train...so luckily I have some to spare. So dinner is on me." She said, smiling and picking up her menu

Hop gave Star a look that said "Youre kidding me?" Then picked up her menu. "Im impressed. I have a friend who adores Octavia along with myslef. And i guess i did say i would pay for lunch, didnt I?" Hop said scanning through the menu for something she knew she likes.

@@Marathon,

"You mean dinner." She chuckled. "And its no problem, I can pay. I'm just happy to be eating dinner with somepony...I probably would have gone out with Moonbeam but her and Star Keeper seemed to be hitting it off...so maybe they need some alone time. So you like Octavia too huh ? Have you ever gone to see her in a concert ?" She asked, picking up her menu and flipping through. 

@,

Fiera didn't exactly understand his request, but did it anyway. But then she realize... "Uh... where exactly were we going again? I kinda forgot after that whole thing in the hallway..." she admitted sheepishly. She kind of just stopped in her tracks and awaited an answer. She had no idea how she forgot. 

"Oh, it's okay. I was a little late myself and-" she began before she noticed Star Keeper's compliment. Her face returned to the rosy red from before, as she replied bashfully, "T-Thank you."

"Um...let's head inside," she said, before walking into a restaurant into the restaurant. An incredibly well-dressed stallion approached the two of them and said,

"Welcome, sir and madam. Table for two?"

"Y-yes," replied Moonbeam.

"Right this way," replied the stallion, guiding them to a table in the back of the restaurant. "Please have a seat. Your waiter will be with you in a moment." Moonbeam sat down, resting her forehooves on the table, while the gentlecolt walked back towards the entrance of the restaurant.

Star Keeper was pleasantly surprised at how much Moonbeam had dressed up for the occasion. It did make it feel a bit more special. This was also quite a nice place, smells nice as well. Very nice.

Okay, this is getting awkward, I should probably say something before she thinks I'm being odd.

"So... this is nice." Poor start.

• Brohoof 1

Star Keeper was pleasantly surprised at how much Moonbeam had dressed up for the occasion. It did make it feel a bit more special. This was also quite a nice place, smells nice as well. Very nice.

Okay, this is getting awkward, I should probably say something before she thinks I'm being odd.

"So... this is nice." Poor start.

"Yes, I rather like this restaurant," she said with a gentle smile, looking around. The table cloth was a dark velvet, and the windows were decorated with similarly designed drapes, which were a similar purple to her dress. The restaurant's floor was covered by a tasteful crimson carpet, and the walls had beige wallpaper, with ornate floral designs. The whole place had a mood characterized by the dim orange lighting and the soft sound of a piano playing on the other side of the restaurant.

"So, Star Keeper, you're a historian. What else do you like to do in your free time?" she asked in a curious yet slightly nervous manner, trying to make conversation.

"Yes, I rather like this restaurant," she said with a gentle smile, looking around. The table cloth was a dark velvet, and the windows were decorated with similarly designed drapes, which were a similar purple to her dress. The restaurant's floor was covered by a tasteful crimson carpet, and the walls had beige wallpaper, with ornate floral designs. The whole place had a mood characterized by the dim orange lighting and the soft sound of a piano playing on the other side of the restaurant.

"So, Star Keeper, you're a historian. What else do you like to do in your free time?" she asked in a curious yet slightly nervous manner, trying to make conversation.

"Um... I don't really do much actually. I'm a chronicler by profession and intrest. I did do a bit of herbal lore and I do love to read, but other than that I have a lot of time just to myself. Like I said earlier, my life is significantly less interesting than others. But do you have any hobbies, any outside interests?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Marathon,

"You mean dinner." She chuckled. "And its no problem, I can pay. I'm just happy to be eating dinner with somepony...I probably would have gone out with Moonbeam but her and Star Keeper seemed to be hitting it off...so maybe they need some alone time. So you like Octavia too huh ? Have you ever gone to see her in a concert ?" She asked, picking up her menu and flipping through.

"No, not yet. I never have the time and when i do she isnt playing. It frustrates me that i never get to go but all my friends have seen her in concert. I'd be lucky to even cross paths with her." Hop said as she found something she wanted and waited patiently for Star.
  • Brohoof 2

"Um... I don't really do much actually. I'm a chronicler by profession and intrest. I did do a bit of herbal lore and I do love to read, but other than that I have a lot of time just to myself. Like I said earlier, my life is significantly less interesting than others. But do you have any hobbies, any outside interests?"

"Well, other than writing, I like to read a lot, as well. I actually have a pretty big collection of classic books at my cottage. Even then, I spend so much time at the library, that I think Twilight Sparkle is starting to get a little peeved with me," she said with a laugh, getting a little more comfortable in this situation. "Other than that, I like to go on walks, exploring, either in the woods or through town, and I also like to travel every once in a while," she explained.

"So, Star, I assume you read a lot about history. What other kinds of books do you like to read? Oh, and what's your favorite period in history?" she inquired.

• Brohoof 1

"No, not yet. I never have the time and when i do she isnt playing. It frustrates me that i never get to go but all my friends have seen her in concert. I'd be lucky to even cross paths with her." Hop said as she found something she wanted and waited patiently for Star.

"She really is amazing. I know how to play a couple of her songs...on violin of course. Anyway, we should go see her in concert sometime...that is...if you're not busy." She said, blushing.

She chose out what she wanted to order and placed her menu on the table. A few moments later, a waitress started making her way over to them.

@,

"I would appreciate it if you did walk with me. and you can go ahead and go where ever after you lead me to the spa..." Unholy said.

He's probably wondering why I even care about how I look... But you know what? I'll do what I want to do... Unholy Sight thought to herself.

((Well, I've already narrated that they've walked a ways already, but let's just say they're not quite at the spa yet.))

@,

Encore smiled vaguely. "Well, I'm still here, aren't I?" he said, chuckling. As they walked, he glanced out the window, and saw the sun set against the red sky where it met the horizon...

@,

"If you want... you can stay..." Unholy whispered, lowering her head again.

suddenly, Unholy got an idea.

"I bet they have a masseuse, you can relax and get a massage while i get. my mane fixed... then wee can go to the skate rink or something... i don't mind trying something new like skating or gambling at the casino..." Unholy added.

she figure that if she acted more fearless and more ike a seeing pony. she'd have a better chance with the stallions.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Well, other than writing, I like to read a lot, as well. I actually have a pretty big collection of classic books at my cottage. Even then, I spend so much time at the library, that I think Twilight Sparkle is starting to get a little peeved with me," she said with a laugh, getting a little more comfortable in this situation. "Other than that, I like to go on walks, exploring, either in the woods or through town, and I also like to travel every once in a while," she explained.

"So, Star, I assume you read a lot about history. What other kinds of books do you like to read? Oh, and what's your favorite period in history?" she inquired.

Star shrugged a bit but then proceeded to stroke his chin in deep thought. "Hm, well I guess I am quite a big fan of J.R.R. Coltien, Agatha Christie, Terry Pratchett. Just to name a few. I have a particular interest in Pegasi history, especially centered around the time of Hearths Warming. I guess that's the story that sparked my curiosity. I just had to find out more."

Despite everything, Star was actually having a very nice time. I was always nice to have somepony to talk to, but he could certainly get used to something like this. Star Keeper was about to reply with another question but he was interrupted by the sound of the waiter arriving at the table. "Oh, I guess this is the part where we order."

(OOC: There was only so many Pony Puns I could make with my favorite authors, don't judge me.)

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1