Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

@@Kolth @@MagicalStarRain

Styles did a facehat (for those who don't know; its a higher level of a face hoof/palm) He wasn't going to get anything out of this pony. It was a shame really, he was looking for something to play his music on.

He readjusted his hat as he turned towards the newer arrival. "It is a pleasure to meet you. my name is Classy, but please call me Styles. and this is Jabbermouth." In an attempt to lighten the mood he joked "Really the name dosent fit him, he dosent talk much."

• Brohoof 1

@@Kolth @@MagicalStarRain

"Really the name dosent fit him, he dosent talk much."

"Does too does too!" Jabbermouth huffed and simultaneously suppressed a grin. Maybe he could take the day off from selling stuff, just relax a while. He took another sip from his coffee and patted a chair next to him. "Come, come now, sit! Tell us a bit about yourself. Like a name. Names help. Names are essential."

• Brohoof 1

@@Kolth@@SørenWolf,

Star Rain stopped in her tracks, the stallions' welcomes catching her off guard. Oh geez. They must be gentlecolts or something! But I'm not high-ranked or anything... Maybe it's because they think of me as a lady or something? I highly doubt that. I hope they don't call me "Lady Star Rain or anything... Regardless, she walked over to their table and sat herself down. "Hello..." was all she said.

• Brohoof 1

((Oh... well then we can say she was searching around a little bit after leaving her 3A room))

Fiera noted his accent, meaning he wasn't from Canterlot. She took his hoof in her own and shook it firmly. "I'm Fiera. And thanks, i'll be sure to stop by there soon enough. Anyway, why were you in Canterlot? Obviously you're not from there"

((Nonono, I was counting you. You're in H, I'm in F, and Moonbeam and Starsong are in the other two. Not sure which is in which.))

Encore smiled softly. He could understand the confusion.  "Oh, I'm from these parts, actually. I just spend a lot of time abroad. I could probably still sound Canterlotian if I tried... Ah, but I'm getting carried away... I was in town for a concert. The Fillydelphia Philharmonic was only one of many performing last night. Most of the proceeds have gone to various charities." He straightened his tie, head held high, as if he thought this an impressive feat. He may not sound like he was from Canterlot, but he certainly dressed as well as most ponies there did.

"So... what about you? What do you do?"

@,

"Oh, I'm a writer. A poet to be specific. I have a good deal of published work, but I'm not famous or anything. I mostly rely on my parents for money. They're pretty well-off. I should definitely come visit you sometime and listen to some of your music for inspiration! I saw your violin. What other instruments do you play?"

"I'd love to hear some of your poetry." She said, smiling and listening to everything else Moonbeam had to say. "Where do I start...I play the guitar, the violin, the hammered dulcimer, the accordion, the piano and I sing. I also play a few other instruments but i'm not as good at those." She said, looking around at the lounge.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"I'll have to read you some later," said Moonbeam with a cheerful laugh and a smile. "I'd love to hear your music as well! I love the sound of the accordion and the hammered dulcimer. Anyway, wanna go say hi to all of those ponies over there?" she said motioning towards a group of other ponies across the lounge.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

Creeping Dusk suddenly snapped his attention back on his destination, apparently having let his mind wander to the point where he was just stood staring at a wall for the past 10 minutes. "Hope nopony saw that..." he bit his lip and lowered his head, trying to make himself a little less visible as he quickly trotted up some stairs. 

Lo and behold, the stairs he trotted up lead him directly into a carriage that seemed to be filled with ponies. "Ohhh dear" he gulped, before slowly stepping in and approaching the food counter. He looked around before taking a sandwich on a plate, and quickly scooted over to a table where he sat down and began eating. 

@@MelancholicMemory,

"Oh...um...ok." She said quietly, looking over at the group of ponies. *You can do this Star...you talked to Moonbeam without being shy...you can talk to them without being shy too.* She thought, gulping. "Um...you can go ahead first if you'd like." She said, hoping Moonbeam would be the one to start a conversation with these ponies.

((Nonono, I was counting you. You're in H, I'm in F, and Moonbeam and Starsong are in the other two. Not sure which is in which.))   Encore smiled softly. He could understand the confusion.  "Oh, I'm from these parts, actually. I just spend a lot of time abroad. I could probably still sound Canterlotian if I tried... Ah, but I'm getting carried away... I was in town for a concert. The Fillydelphia Philharmonic was only one of many performing last night. Most of the proceeds have gone to various charities." He straightened his tie, head held high, as if he thought this an impressive feat. He may not sound like he was from Canterlot, but he certainly dressed as well as most ponies there did.   "So... what about you? What do you do?"

(Ah, okay. Then everything happened as normal)

Fiera smiled, "Not much, just visiting some relatives. I... was, supposed to return to my care takers but... something about this train made me want to go. I know they will be worried sick not too long from now, and probably inform all of Equestria about the missing pri-... nevermind. Anyway. I think i'm going to get some food now. Was nice meeting you!" She said the last part of her sentence as she started to head for the (?) food tram (?)

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Moonbeam walked with Star Song up to a green stallion who stood next to where the coffee was served. "Hi, my name is Moonbeam and this is Star Song. We're going around exploring the train and meeting new ponies. What's your name?" she asked with a smile. Star Song seemed a bit shy, so she had to step up and be more confident than usual.

(?) food tram (?)

((Try on-board restaurant, or diner, or cafe, or diner carriage. Not a tram. You can just call it the diner.))

Encore watched her flustered exit somewhat bemusedly. Had he done something to offend her to warrant such a hasty retreat? He didn't know, but he waited a few moments after she left before moving down the train the same direction she had. He didn't want her to think he was following her. He paused in the lounge compartment, where there seemed to be a small gathering of ponies, including that turquoise one whom he had seen just earlier. Not wanting to bother anypony, he grabbed a cup of coffee and sat at a table near the large window, looking out of it at the ponies who were still trotting back and forth on the platform below. 

((Not everypony's on the train yet, so I can't have it depart.))

• Brohoof 1

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Moonbeam walked with Star Song up to a green stallion who stood next to where the coffee was served. "Hi, my name is Moonbeam and this is Star Song. We're going around exploring the train and meeting new ponies. What's your name?" she asked with a smile. Star Song seemed a bit shy, so she had to step up and be more confident than usual.

Harmonic smiled at the two mares who approached him.

"It's nice to meet you Moonbeam, and you too, Star Song. My name is Harmonic Revelations, I'm a bit of a scholar." Harmonic said. He was still enjoying his coffee.

"Would you ladies like to sit down for a drink or two?"

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

@@Kolth

Star Rain turned toward Jabber and gave him a slightly disbelieving look. Oh, really? Is that genuine, or is that to add to your flair? "Well, I'm not really sure if this is an elegant name, but I'm Star Rain," she replied, putting on a polite tone and face. And please! None of that "Sweetie" trash! 

• Brohoof 1

Star followed Moonbeam over to the green pony and stood next to her...almost feeling like she wanted to hide behind her.

"H-Hi." Star gave Harmonic a shy smile and waited for Moonbeam to sit down before she did. *Relax. Sit down. And meet a new friend.* She thought, taking a deep breath and sitting down across from Harmonic.

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

"I would love to, Harmonic!" chimed Moonbeam happily. She poured herself a cup of tea and sat down with Harmonic Revelations. "So you're a scholar. That sounds pretty interesting. I'm a poet, and Star here is a musician, right Star?" she said, turning to her shy new friend.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

Star followed Moonbeam over to the green pony and stood next to her...almost feeling like she wanted to hide behind her.

"H-Hi." Star gave Harmonic a shy smile and waited for Moonbeam to sit down before she did. *Relax. Sit down. And meet a new friend.* She thought, taking a deep breath and sitting down across from Harmonic.

Harmonic notices that Star Song is taking a deep breath.

"Are you okay? I'm not that intimidating, am I?" he jokes with Star.

"I don't bite."

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

"I would love to, Harmonic!" chimed Moonbeam happily. She poured herself a cup of tea and sat down with Harmonic Revelations. "So you're a scholar. That sounds pretty interesting. I'm a poet, and Star here is a musician, right Star?" she said, turning to her shy new friend.

"Poems and music have always interested me, but I don't get much time to delve further into it, as I'm constantly travelling." He says.

• Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain

Star Rain turned toward Jabber and gave him a slightly disbelieving look. Oh, really? Is that genuine, or is that to add to your flair? "Well, I'm not really sure if this is an elegant name, but I'm Star Rain," she replied, putting on a polite tone and face. And please! None of that "Sweetie" trash! 

"Star Rain...yes, I am in close contact with both an astronomer and an astrologist out of Manehatten. They took the liberty of taking me stargazing one night out in the country. Absolutely breathtaking." Jabber winked, adding, "Just like you. So tell us, Miss Star Rain, your business aboard this train?"

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Harmonic notices that Star Song is taking a deep breath.

"Are you okay? I'm not that intimidating, am I?" he jokes with Star.

"I don't bite."

"Poems and music have always interested me, but I don't get much time to delve further into it, as I'm constantly travelling." He says.

Star nodded when Moonbeam mentioned music. She blushed slightly at Harmonic's joke. "Y-Yea...I...I'm ok." She said quietly. "S-So, um...H-Harmonic...what do you d-do for a living ? Like as a job." She asked, trying to be a little more sociable but still feeling a little shy.

Star nodded when Moonbeam mentioned music. She blushed slightly at Harmonic's joke. "Y-Yea...I...I'm ok." She said quietly. "S-So, um...H-Harmonic...what do you d-do for a living ? Like as a job." She asked, trying to be a little more sociable but still feeling a little shy.

"Well, I'm a bit of an adventurer, a treasure hunter, if you will. I explore ruins that were either undiscovered prior to my arrival, or too dangerous for other ponies. Then I find artifacts and sell them for a large amount of money. It's a fast paced lifestyle not suited to some ponies." Harmonic said to Star.

"So, miss Star, what do you do for a living?"

@@SørenWolf@@Kolth,

MISS Star Rain?! Give me a break... Star Rain tried to talk, but her stuttering got in the way. She waited a moment, thinking she was going to get teased for her minor speech problem. It was a major reason why she usually spoke little when meeting with unfamiliar ponies. "Got shoved into the station. Decided to take the opportunity to check out Equestria," she simply said, trying to maintain a steady voice.

@@MagicalStarRain

Aww, how adorable. She was so enthralled with his charm that she couldn't even form words! "I know that feeling. Equestria's a mighty big place, but I've been around the block a couple times, so to speak. Being a travelling salespony means you get to see the world. Maybe you could accompany me on my travels sometime! I could show you the world - it's shining, shimmering, splendid!"

OOC: Had to sneak in the Disney reference.

• Brohoof 1

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Moonbeam giggled at Harmonic's comment about Star's shyness. When Harmonic explained his career Moonbeam responded, "That's so fascinating. Your life must be so exciting! I can't imagine exploring so much and seeing the world like that. I travel occasionally, but I've never done anything like that."

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Moonbeam giggled at Harmonic's comment about Star's shyness. When Harmonic explained his career Moonbeam responded, "That's so fascinating. Your life must be so exciting! I can't imagine exploring so much and seeing the world like that. I travel occasionally, but I've never done anything like that."

Harmonic piped up as she said she couldn't imagine exploring.

"Maybe I could take you with me sometime? The ruins, especially around Canterlot, are quite a beautiful sight." Harmonic said. It was true, he knew that Canterlot's ruins were some of the most beautiful (but alas, some of the most dangerous) ruins that were around Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

@@Harmonic Revelations,

@,

Star nodded in agreement. "That must be really cool. And I help out at my friends tea shop. I want to play music full time but I live in  ponyville which is a rather small town so I don't really make enough money. I have played at one or two parties though. And I have busked in Canterlot before...I made a few bits but I don't want to move away from Ponyville."