Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

(Im going to skip to the falls because i forgot what I was going to do with hop and her 'creepy thing')

Hop and Star arrived at the falls. The sound just sound beautiful and the sights as well. Hop went up to the railing of the platform and gazed over it, admiring the scenery in front of her.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Marathon,@,  @@Kolth,@,

-snip-

-snip-

Encore trotted up to the guard rail alongside Silent and Actius. His ears were firmly clamped to the sides of his head as he tried to shut out the roaring of the falls, but despite this detail he looked just as awed as the rest of them. He said nothing, as he was sure nopony would be able to hear him over the racket of the falls, which was naturally much louder in his ears than in anypony else's.

At that moment, the sun peeped out from behind the clouds, and suddenly a fabulous rainbow formed from the mist, arching right over the falls and out of sight. It almost seemed that the water cascading down the falls had actually taken the hues of the rainbow upon itself, as well, as colours began to appear on the Falls themselves. 

Several ponies gasped audibly at the sheer beauty of the sight, and several, Encore noticed, seized the moment as a romantic one. Now that he was looking around, he saw that many ponies from on the train were there as well. Jabber and Accent. Looked like Encore wasn't going to get to hang out with her today, then. Ah well. Those two pegasus mares had shown up, too. His eyes lingered on the grey pegasus mare for a fraction of a second longer than on anypony else. In fact, Encore felt a slight pang of loneliness that he was entirely unaccustomed to. He looked back out at the waves of many hues, apparently deep in thought admiring the spectacle.

Edited by Flareon

@@Marathon,

Star smiled happily. She was remembering everything her father had told her about the falls and everything he said was true, they were BEAUTIFUL. "THIS IS WONDERFUL." She called out to Hop, attempting to speak over the loud roar of the falls but failing as her voice was drowned out (Pardon the pun)

• Brohoof 1

Upon coming to the falls, all Actius could do was utter a single word. "Wow." A rushing river flanked by lush plant-life ran up to a sheer drop, cascaded off of the edge, and splashed into the pool of water below, causing the water to froth and churn. Mist filled the chilly air as it flew about in gusts of wind. "This is..amazing."

(OOC: In science class yesterday, a retired geologist came to school and talked about various landforms, including the Niagara Falls. I automatically thought of the RP and tried to describe it in my head img-1294458-1-laugh.png )

Unholy's ear twitched as she heard a new pony join the rest of the ponies at the top of the falls.

she shoved her book into her saddlebag then turned towards the pony.

"uhhh.... hello... i dont think we've met before, i'm Unholy Sight." Unholy said, extending her hoof to the other pony.

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Flareon,

Hop thought she heard something and turned to Star. "Did you say something?" she yelled but could barely hear herself over the waves crashing down. While looking in Stars direction she noticed the stallion from the train, and the cafe. Hop smiled before rasing a hoof up and waved at the colt, trying to get him to come over to them.

@,@@Marathon, @@Windy Scamper,

A flash of movement out of the corner of his eye.

Encore looked around, and saw that the mare that had caught his eye so was beckoning to him. Looking surprised, but not unpleased, he murmured to Silent, "I'll see you ponies later, okay?" He wasn't sure she'd heard over the deafening roar, but oh well. He trotted over to the two mares, and just as he opened his mouth to say hello a second rainbow blossomed from the mist, and from his perspective, landed right behind the grey one. He stared, as if trying to determine whether a higher power was playing a joke on him, before he decided that he was being odd and ought to say hello. "Hi," he said, a little more loudly than was necessary.

((I'd like to make the note that the Waterfall is not deafeningly loud to most ponies. Star and Hop could probably hold a conversation in a normal voice and be able to hear each other perfectly fine. Thing is, Encore's ears are so sensitive, his hearing so magically enhanced that to him the waterfall is quite as loud as it would be for any other pony standing right at the bottom of it.))

@@Flareon,

@@Marathon,

Star smiled at the colt as he walked over...then she noticed him staring at Hop...again, only this time there was almost a look of wonder in his eyes...as if he- Her eyes widened and she felt her heart sink. *No no no no no no no.* She thought as the colt greeted them. "Hi." She said, rather quickly. *Oh stop it Star, Hop wouldn't...no she...but he...damn it.* She thought.

"Hi there. I believe we saw each other on the train yesterday. Im Hop, and this is Star." Hop replied to the clot, gesturing in Stars direction. When she looked at Star she seemed.... Jealous? *Now why in equestria would she be jealous.* hop then turned and looked at the colt catching his look. *thats why....*

@,@@Marathon,  

Feeling suddenly self-conscious from the looks he was getting, Encore equipped a poker face. It was respectable, considering he was out of his element with the falls. At any rate, he was not as... surfaced as he had been moments ago. He had been likely to give it all away.

He lifted an ear hopefully, and finding that the Falls were no longer deafening, just rather loud, he allowed them to resume their former positions. Smiling kindly, he extended a hoof to shake, as was his habit, and furthermore, he offered it to Star first. She seemed less than pleased at his presence, and it was such a deeply ingrained habit to make a good impression that he couldn't help himself. "Encore. It's a pleasure to meet the two of you." His voice, as ever, was lilted with that sophisticated (British) accent. 

@@Flareon,

@@Marathon,

Star slowly extended her hoof to shake Encore's. "Um... its... uh... nice to meet you too." She said, quietly...to quiet, her small voice could barely be heard over the loud falls.

She placed her hoof back on the ground and looked down at her hooves, unsure what to say...as usual.

Hop began to feel bad for throwing Star into this situation she had just created. "It is nice to meet you." Hop noticed Encores expression changed quite quickly. *he must have noticed we noticed how he was looking at me.... Star probably thinks im flirting with him.* Hop mentally sighed before giving Star a concerned look.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Dusk listened and took in everything he was told "I...hmm" he scratched his chin and kicked a stone on the ground "That makes sense, I guess. I just uh...I mean, you... right now you want to be with me? What...what do you mean?" there was a puzzled expression that crossed his face, as if he was thinking about something other than being friends. 'Nononono...she can't mean...can she? No. She can't. You're jumping to conclusions again - you've only just met this mare, those kind of things take more time than this...' 

(edited)

Star slowly extended her hoof to shake Encore's. "Um... its... uh... nice to meet you too." She said, quietly...to quiet, her small voice could barely be heard over the loud falls.

She placed her hoof back on the ground and looked down at her hooves, unsure what to say...as usual.

Hop began to feel bad for throwing Star into this situation she had just created. "It is nice to meet you." Hop noticed Encores expression changed quite quickly. *he must have noticed we noticed how he was looking at me.... Star probably thinks im flirting with him.* Hop mentally sighed before giving Star a concerned look.

Encore shuffled his hooves. He felt rather awkward, partially because he was finally in Hop's presence, and partially because he didn't feel entirely welcome, for some reason. But why shouldn't he? They had asked for him to come to them, in a way. But yet again, his face showed none of these signs. Since he couldn't really think of anything to say, he merely looked back out to the waterfall.

Edited by Flareon
  • Brohoof 1

@@Flareon,

@@Marathon,

Star noticed that the colt was starting to feel awkward. Part of her wanted him to feel awkward, she didn't want him trying to make a move on Hop...but that just wasn't her so...she made an attempt at Conversation. "So um...Encore your cutie mark...you like music too ?" She asked.

Dusk listened and took in everything he was told "I...hmm" he scratched his chin and kicked a stone on the ground "That makes sense, I guess. I just uh...I mean, you... right now you want to be with me? What...what do you mean?" there was a puzzled expression that crossed his face, as if he was thinking about something other than being friends. 'Nononono...she can't mean...can she? No. She can't. You're jumping to conclusions again - you've only just met this mare, those kind of things take more time than this...' 

Fiera didn't exactly know how to respond to a question like that. "I mean..." 'Cmon girl, its now or never...' "I like you Dusk... I know we haven't known each other for very long but... and I mean more than a friend" she added afterwards, just to avoid confusion. He had missed all her hints before, this was the best way to tell him.

@@Flareon, @, @@Marathon@Kolth

Right out of the corner of her eye, Accent managed to spot Star Song and some other mare, talking again with... Him... Encore! Eeeeee!

"Uh, Jabber, could you excuse me for a second? I need to go use the little mare's room...", she managed to say as she disconnected hooves with him, and headed off towards the bathrooms...

...Was hopefully Jabber was thinking as she pulled off a bunch of crazy turns, and was just a few feet aways from the trio. Luckily, the falls were overriding any regular talking, so this was perfect for her. She trotted up to them. 

"Hi Star Song! Hi Encore!", she called out to them.

((Looks like this "humptagon" is gonna have a few... curves..))

Mirror wandered off the train, looking for ponies. She was bored. Which was rare. There was one place where she knew there would be at least a few ponies. The falls. She was already headed there.

(Timeskip to me arriving.)

Like suspected, there were multiple ponies here. Now then, to take a personality. But, which one...

(OOC: The second she copies someponys personality, she will be in love with the pony that pony loves. Yay, more confusion to the humptagon!)

• Brohoof 1

@Marathon,@, @,

Encore allowed a faint smile to flicker across his face as he glanced up at Star Song. "Yeah, I like music. It's my entire life, basically. And... Speaking of music... Hello, Accent!" He quipped, cheerful that the awkward silence might finally have broken.

Aww. She left.

Because you're a loser.

Hey, shut up. I'm new to this whole 'relationship' thing.

This isn't a relationship, moron. She obviously likes that Encore more. I mean, did you hear those two talking yesterday?

...well, I could push him off of the Falls.

She would jump after him.

Darnit. I hate it when I'm right.

Jabber sighed. He had lost Accent among the throng of ponies gawking at the now-boring Falls. And, without a reason to stay, Jabber was reminded of why he hated heights. Determined not to let the rest of his day go to waste pining over a lost cause, Jabber turned towards the pathway back down into town.

[[OOC: If anyone wants to hit Jabs up, go ahead. Otherwise he's gonna go sell some dirt to a couple townsponies and get into a bar fight. (Kidding (maybe))]]

• Brohoof 1

Aww. She left.

Because you're a loser.

Hey, shut up. I'm new to this whole 'relationship' thing.

This isn't a relationship, moron. She obviously likes that Encore more. I mean, did you hear those two talking yesterday?

...well, I could push him off of the Falls.

She would jump after him.

Darnit. I hate it when I'm right.

Jabber sighed. He had lost Accent among the throng of ponies gawking at the now-boring Falls. And, without a reason to stay, Jabber was reminded of why he hated heights. Determined not to let the rest of his day go to waste pining over a lost cause, Jabber turned towards the pathway back down into town.

[[OOC: If anyone wants to hit Jabs up, go ahead. Otherwise he's gonna go sell some dirt to a couple townsponies and get into a bar fight. (Kidding (maybe))]]

Unholy's ears perked up when the thought she heard Jabber's voice.

she trotted in that direction which wasn't the brightest idea because she wasn't sure where she was going exactly...

but she was walking straight towards the falls! Unholy got to the edge of the river then... tripped and fell in.

(OCC: oh nos! somepony better go save her :P )

• Brohoof 1

she trotted in that direction which wasn't the brightest idea because she wasn't sure where she was going exactly...

but she was walking straight towards the falls! Unholy got to the edge of the river then... tripped and fell in.

(OCC: oh nos! somepony better go save her tongue.png )

(I got this guys...)

Hop was listening to Star and Encore start up a conversation between them, happy that the awkward silence had been broken. She noticed another mare stop by briefly before going to the railings. She thought the mare was going to stop until the mare began to plummet downwards. In a flash and feathers and coats Hop flew over the edge and caught the mare before she hit the water. *Ugh, either she's heavy or I need to start flying more..... buck...* The mare began to weigh down Hop and they slowly got closer to the water with each second.

(Ok.... maybe not.)

• Brohoof 1

"Hold on." Jabber stopped dead in his tracks. He thought he had heard something...

"My Bit-Sense is tingling!" Jabber giggled like a filly and pranced over to where an unwary tourist had dropped a precious bit. Yup, this day was turning around already-

"Hey! That mare fell into the river!"

Aaaand back downhill. Didn't ponies know you can't swim up waterfalls? Next they would be punching trees!

Jabber joined the gaggle of ponies who were leaning over the railing and gawking at the flailing mare. It was horrifying, it was terrifying, and why the buck wasn't anyone helping her?

Jabber was halfway turned around when he finally realized exactly who was in the river - Unholy. Oh no, he was feeling guilt. And guilt meant he would want to make himself feel better. And to make himself feel better...

Before he knew it, the frigid water had slapped him in the face. He broke the surface, gasping for air, and began a slow diamond doggy-paddle

[[...was going to be my original post. Thanks, Marathon. wink.png]] 

Jabber had half-decided to jump in after Unholy when a pegasus had already leaped over the railing and caught the mare. Well, she seems to be in good hands now. With a shrug, Jabber resumed his walk down into town.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

(I got this guys...)

Hop was listening to Star and Encore start up a conversation between them, happy that the awkward silence had been broken. She noticed another mare stop by briefly before going to the railings. She thought the mare was going to stop until the mare began to plummet downwards. In a flash and feathers and coats Hop flew over the edge and caught the mare before she hit the water. *Ugh, either she's heavy or I need to start flying more..... buck...* The mare began to weigh down Hop and they slowly got closer to the water with each second.

(Ok.... maybe not.)

@Marathon,@, @,

Encore allowed a faint smile to flicker across his face as he glanced up at Star Song. "Yeah, I like music. It's my entire life, basically. And... Speaking of music... Hello, Accent!" He quipped, cheerful that the awkward silence might finally have broken.

(OCC: oh nos! somepony better go save her tongue.png )

Star nodded but stopped as Hop dived over the edge of the falls after some mare who had fallen over. Star ran to the edge and noticed Hop slowly sinking down towards the colt water below. Star threw off her coat and dived down towards the two mares. By the time she reached them she was soaking wet from the spray of the falls. She grabbed onto the mare's back hooves and helped Hop fly her back up to the viewing area...not noticing that the mare, like Star, was half Zebra.

Unholy let out a heavy sight when she was set back on the ground.

"i really need to watch where im going..." she muttered, brushing herself off.

"thanks you two." Unholy said to Star Song and Hop before standing up.

"can you tell me which way Jabber went?" she asked, a bit frantic.

@@Kolth

(OOC: Descant put me up to this. Complications are to follow.)

Mirror looked at the pony walking back to town. She looked into his eyes and her eyes flickered. Memories and emotions flooded into her head. She picked up the traits of a con-pony, and her thoughts were shrouded with different things. Accent. Encore. They were the main focuses. Encore took Accent. Love was felt for Accent. Mirror hated when she took an in love pony's personality. Especially when it was so complicated. But one thing was for sure. She had now developed a crush for Accent.

• Brohoof 1