Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

Somber had made it back onto the train, his wings lifeless as always dragged against the carpet, and his vision of tears. His head was down like always, as he reached his room, walking in. Seeing the fancy compartment again, he slowly crawled into his bed, pulling the sheets over him and his head, along with stacking pillows, two by two, on top of him as well. He had never felt so down in his life... So much that he had actually began to talk to himself...

"I... didn't... mean to... I just... couldn't... speak... anymore... at that... point... I... didn't... know that... my throat... was weakening... and... I... didn't... want to... force you... to try... and strain... to listen... to hear... me speak...

...I'm sorry..." 

@@Windy Scamper,

@@Glaceon,

@,

Flame nodded. "I kinda assumed...you're writing on a napkin so." He chuckled. "Its nice to meet you Miss Silent. And you too Actius." He said, looking at the colt next to Silent.

He smiled at them then turned to Encore. "Sorry...I asked you a question then just kinda ignored you." He said, biting his lip. 

Flame nodded. "I kinda assumed...you're writing on a napkin so." He chuckled. "Its nice to meet you Miss Silent. And you too Actius." He said, looking at the colt next to Silent. He smiled at them then turned to Encore. "Sorry...I asked you a question then just kinda ignored you." He said, biting his lip. 

"No worries," Encore said good-naturedly, smiling. "As a matter of fact, I have seen Cirque de l'Amour. I think my friends Ragtag were clowns there... But they work on the train now." He grinned. "You were the fire wheel guy, right? You were really good last time I saw the show."

"No worries," Encore said good-naturedly, smiling. "As a matter of fact, I have seen Cirque de l'Amour. I think my friends Ragtag were clowns there... But they work on the train now." He grinned. "You were the fire wheel guy, right? You were really good last time I saw the show."

Flame nodded. "That's me...but I have stopped doing the wheel. I still do the fire breathing and stuff but now I am the head stunt flyer." He said, smiling...then realizing that Encore had just said Rag was on the train. "Wait...did you say Rag is working on the train ? I...wow...I haven't seen her in a long time." He said remembering when she had left the circus. "Um...anyway...what do you do for a living Encore ?" He asked.

(OOC: I feel like we're going a little too far into the past...)

(edited)

@,

Hugs. It is such a simple act, is it not? One wouldn't think that something so simple could hold such power. Yet here we find Max, who found all the comfort he needed in the embrace of a blind zebra pony mix. That comfort helped propel him out of the vices of depression. He felt a wave of warmth overtake his body, falling short of tears. And with it, his conscious mind regained the strength it needed to regain control of Max's actions. Max pulled away from the embrace of the blind mare with great reluctance, but knew that he acted out of line. 

"Sorry, don't know what came over me." Max said softly. He did not regret the action, but feared that he may have made Unholy uncomfortable, possibly damaging the new found friendship. And if there was one thing Max was currently in short supply of, it was friends. He was so happy to finally have some companionship, and he didn't want it ruined by a moment of weakness.

(Man, when did I get so sentimental?)

(OCC: dawh! there are so many feels! this scene is beautiful! biggrin.png )

(and now back to reality... sad.png )

"no, its alright... it truly is... I really needed that hug." Unholy said, flicking her tail back and forth playfully.

"now come on, cheer up buckaroo." Unholy said, nudging him a bit with her shoulder.

Edited by Autumn Dream

@,

Max managed a weak smile, making sure he didn't slip back into the depths of depression again. But he still felt a pang of sadness. Luckily for the green Pegasus, Unholy's presence combated that negative emotion better than any drink ever could. Two more waters arrived, along with some puzzled glances from the other patrons.

"So, was there anything here you wanted to visit specifically, or did you just want to take it all in?" Max said with slightly forced enthusiasm. Only drinking a fourth of the water, Max splashed the cold liquid onto his face, partly to cool off, and partly to snap himself out of his self inflicted funk.

(I'm good at writing emotional scenes? When did this happen?)

(edited)

(OOC: Holy crap. I can't post for one day and I fall four pages behind. Geez. img-1340193-1-blink.png )

"So you two have a little history or somethin'? I can understand that. He is the most infuriating stallion I've ever-" A sudden pain assaulted Jabber's chest; he grasped his barrel with his hooves and struggled to draw in a breath.

"Ah- ah- oh, wow." The spasm subsided and Jabber sank back into his seat. "I just had a terrifying feeling...like something absolutely horrible just happened. Yikes." He shrugged off the paranoid feeling and grabbed a menu. "Well, I suppose if we're gonna be working together then we should get to know each other. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, my dear?"

(OOC: If you wanna have a chat in the restaurant or jump ahead and bump into any particular group of ponies, go ahead.)

Okay then. The problem has been eluded. Now, just tell him about yourself without referencing his own past. Can't be too hard, right? Of course, she couldn't exactly say that she was created in a factory, then fell from the sky, could she? Damnit. "I... used to look after a child. Paranoid Fright. Then after something happened, and I had to leave. I'm a salesm-..." Nope. Not a salesman. That was a close call. She sounded so suspicious at the moment though. Damnit. Why must this be so hard. "I'm unemployed at the moment. What about you?" Brilliant. Stall. It's not like he would say something she didn't know, but still.

Edited by ??????

Okay then. The problem has been eluded. Now, just tell him about yourself without referencing his own past. Can't be too hard, right? Of course, she couldn't exactly say that she was created in a factory, then fell from the sky, could she? Damnit. "I... used to look after a child. Paranoid Fright. Then after something happened, and I had to leave. I'm a salesm-..." Nope. Not a salesman. That was a close call. She sounded so suspicious at the moment though. Damnit. Why must this be so hard. "I'm unemployed at the moment. What about you?" Brilliant. Stall. It's not like he would say something she didn't know, but still.

"Unemployed. Heh, I've hit that racket." Before Jabber could continue, the waiter (a pretty aquamarine unicorn mare) placed two glasses of water on the table. "Thanks, love," Jabber said to the mare with a sly wink. She scoffed and walked away, nose held indignantly high in the air.

"Bleh. Always the same with the ladies. An actor can never catch a break, eh?" Jabber wasn't exactly thinking as he fiddled with the moisture on the outside of his glass. Apparently he was running the 'actor' card with this mare. "Yeah, I was trying out for some minor roles in Canterlot but they said I had too much presence; that I took away from the stars of the show. Here's an idea: put me as the lead role? Makes sense, right?" Taking a quick sip from his glass, he narrowed his eyes and folded his hooves towards Mirror. "But that's enough of that. What we need now is a plan. I was thinking something clean and impossible to trace, like a poison. Any better ideas?"

"Unemployed. Heh, I've hit that racket." Before Jabber could continue, the waiter (a pretty aquamarine unicorn mare) placed two glasses of water on the table. "Thanks, love," Jabber said to the mare with a sly wink. She scoffed and walked away, nose held indignantly high in the air.

"Bleh. Always the same with the ladies. An actor can never catch a break, eh?" Jabber wasn't exactly thinking as he fiddled with the moisture on the outside of his glass. Apparently he was running the 'actor' card with this mare. "Yeah, I was trying out for some minor roles in Canterlot but they said I had too much presence; that I took away from the stars of the show. Here's an idea: put me as the lead role? Makes sense, right?" Taking a quick sip from his glass, he narrowed his eyes and folded his hooves towards Mirror. "But that's enough of that. What we need now is a plan. I was thinking something clean and impossible to trace, like a poison. Any better ideas?"

An actor. Did some ponies believe that? It's amazing how stupid normal ponies are. That's just Equestria though. Anyway, plan. She remembered the pony slightly earlier. "Well, we have to be sure no one already knows. You recognized a pony back there. Who?" She realized now how easily the plan could fail. Still, no turning back now. 

An actor. Did some ponies believe that? It's amazing how stupid normal ponies are. That's just Equestria though. Anyway, plan. She remembered the pony slightly earlier. "Well, we have to be sure no one already knows. You recognized a pony back there. Who?" She realized now how easily the plan could fail. Still, no turning back now. 

How could anypony already know? It's not like they were talking loudly or anything, right? "Well, there was this stallion outside that was looking sort of shady. I've seen him on the express; he might be a passenger or one of the workers." Jabber looked outside the window but could not see the stallion in question. "Figures. He's gone. We could get some food to go and look around the city, enjoy the sites and try to find that stallion again, if you'd like. Maybe we'll run into Encore, even!"

How could anypony already know? It's not like they were talking loudly or anything, right? "Well, there was this stallion outside that was looking sort of shady. I've seen him on the express; he might be a passenger or one of the workers." Jabber looked outside the window but could not see the stallion in question. "Figures. He's gone. We could get some food to go and look around the city, enjoy the sites and try to find that stallion again, if you'd like. Maybe we'll run into Encore, even!"

"That could work. Though, running into Encore would do us no good. We don't have any weapons of any kind." She planned on finding this mysterious stallion, who was threatened their entire yet to be created plan on killing Encore. No matter how well thought out the plan would be, it could, and probably would, fail instantly. That was usually the case.

Flame nodded. "That's me...but I have stopped doing the wheel. I still do the fire breathing and stuff but now I am the head stunt flyer." He said, smiling...then realizing that Encore had just said Rag was on the train. "Wait...did you say Rag is working on the train ? I...wow...I haven't seen her in a long time." He said remembering when she had left the circus. "Um...anyway...what do you do for a living Encore ?" He asked.

(OOC: I feel like we're going a little too far into the past...)

((Yeah. For the sake of simplicity, let's just say that Flame and Rag ended it on good terms when Rag left, 'kay? And that they both know it wouldn't work out right now if they tried again.))

"Oh, I'm a musician," Encore responded promptly. "I'm lead horn player in the Fillydelphia Philharmonic, but we've never played anywhere as... as opulent as this. It's amazing."

@@Glaceon

(sorry for not posting in a while been busy and had work today too)

Melody looked back at Tag "Well at least you get to see all the pretty cities. I only stay for one night before we have to move to the next city." Melody started to scratch at the ground with her hoof. "It's pretty pathetic really. I don't even have a chance to make any friends, I'm so busy with my band." Melody smiled at Tag gently putting her hoof on his shoulder. "C'mon Tag lets do something to take our minds off of these depressing thoughts. What do you wanna do?"

((Rag and Tag are the conductors for the train, and technically they're not supposed to be getting too involved with any of the characters. It's alright for you to get to know them, but neither will be interested in a relationship. Just to let you know.))

Tag shrugged. He knew there were things that needed to be done, but Rag had already found Encore, and presumably warned him. He couldn't think of anything, really. 

((Yeah. For the sake of simplicity, let's just say that Flame and Rag ended it on good terms when Rag left, 'kay? And that they both know it wouldn't work out right now if they tried again.))   "Oh, I'm a musician," Encore responded promptly. "I'm lead horn player in the Fillydelphia Philharmonic, but we've never played anywhere as... as opulent as this. It's amazing."

((I was gonna say that...if Rag left then Flame would constantly be traveling...so yea...it wouldn't have worked out. But why wouldn't they try again ? I actually thought about Rag and Flame in my first post...they don't have to get together again...just a thought.))

Flame nodded. "I gotta admit...I am one for mischief so...wanna go have some fun ? I saw a map back there...we could all sneak onto the stage and you could give the rest of us a performance." Flame grinned at Encore then glanced over at the stairs.

Flame nodded. "I gotta admit...I am one for mischief so...wanna go have some fun ? I saw a map back there...we could all sneak onto the stage and you could give the rest of us a performance." Flame grinned at Encore then glanced over at the stairs.

((Look in the OOC for that convo. It's where it should be.))

"Well, I... I..." Encore hesitated, glancing over at the stairs. "As much as I'd love to, it wouldn't be proper. I'd rather earn the right to perform on that stage..." Although he appeared to be declining the offer, he seemed to be sorely tempted, nonetheless.

((Look in the OOC for that convo. It's where it should be.))

"Well, I... I..." Encore hesitated, glancing over at the stairs. "As much as I'd love to, it wouldn't be proper. I'd rather earn the right to perform on that stage..." Although he appeared to be declining the offer, he seemed to be sorely tempted, nonetheless.

"Then let's just call this...practice for when you are asked to perform...come on. It will be fun." He said, dropping a few bits on the table and standing up. "I think its just over here...come on ?" He grinned and walked towards the stairs that would take them to the stage...maybe not directly to the stage...

@,

Max managed a weak smile, making sure he didn't slip back into the depths of depression again. But he still felt a pang of sadness. Luckily for the green Pegasus, Unholy's presence combated that negative emotion better than any drink ever could. Two more waters arrived, along with some puzzled glances from the other patrons.

"So, was there anything here you wanted to visit specifically, or did you just want to take it all in?" Max said with slightly forced enthusiasm. Only drinking a fourth of the water, Max splashed the cold liquid onto his face, partly to cool off, and partly to snap himself out of his self inflicted funk.

(I'm good at writing emotional scenes? When did this happen?)

(OCC: yes! its so cute and tragic at the same time! blush.png  )

"I don't know, how about you choose where to go, I'll just follow." Unholy said with a happy-go-lucky smile now plastered to her face.

the smile began to disappear. "Is there anything wrong?" she asked Max, a bit concerned.

@@Fire Runner,

"Yeah, I just...get myself depressed too easy. I'll get over it. Always do." Max said, still masking the sadness in his voice. He wasn't about to let this ruin Unholy's good time. So he mustered all the willpower he could summon, and got up.

"Well, if your feeling up to it, let us see about going backstage." He said, taking her hoof into his.

(Going somewhere, be back later)

Melody just shrugged "Well if you can't think of anything I'm gonna head back to the train and get my bearings before finding something to do." With that Melody was off. Melody made it back to the train with ease, stopping and looking at a map that happened to be on the station wall. Melody decided to head to the park even though it would mean going back and past the opera house she'd been at just last night. Melody trotted off headed practically the same way she had gone with Chrissie. Melody soon passed the opera house seeing the posters for her band being taken down. Her picture blanketed the poster, showing her standing on her back hooves as she sang. Continuing on Melody eventually made it to the park and plopped down in the grass letting out a sigh. This will do for now. Melody thought to herself. She started humming one of her songs to herself, shutting her eyes and listening to the sounds of everypony around her.

(Ok well not sure where to go from here I guess I'll just keep her here until somepony stumbles upon her or the train gets ready to leave. won't be on for a while but will check back in before it gets really late.)

"That could work. Though, running into Encore would do us no good. We don't have any weapons of any kind." She planned on finding this mysterious stallion, who was threatened their entire yet to be created plan on killing Encore. No matter how well thought out the plan would be, it could, and probably would, fail instantly. That was usually the case

"Pfft, like we need weapons. Darling, my body is my weapon." Jabber waggled his eyebrows suggestively and flexed his (admittedly puny) muscles. "And anyway, its not like we need to be the ones to do the job. We could always make it look like an accident, or perhaps trick another pony into doing it." Jabber's inner voice cackled madly at this prospect. Wouldn't it be the greatest irony if they somehow convinced Accent to murder that moronic Encore?

(edited)

@, @@Glaceon

Accent had listened to their conversation, and had followed along with them, over down towards the stage. Hmm... I wonder if they still have that 6-octave Adams marimba in there... Ooh, that'll be swell if they do...

((@@Kolth, you got a extremely depressed stallion with possibly nothing else to go for, and you're looking for somepony to be the murderer. I'll let you figure out the rest. wink.png )) 

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 1

Actius nodded to Flame Dancer and said a simple, "Howdy." He was rather interested by the circus thing, although clowns really spooked him...so you could imagine that he was pretty relieved to learn that Flamey was not a clown.

((A few posts later...))

"Come on, Encore! Going backstage sounds like fun. Maybe if somepony who works here hears you play, they'll hire you! Okay, I don't think that's how it really works, but we could try, right? It'll be fun!"

@@Fire Runner,

"Yeah, I just...get myself depressed too easy. I'll get over it. Always do." Max said, still masking the sadness in his voice. He wasn't about to let this ruin Unholy's good time. So he mustered all the willpower he could summon, and got up.

"Well, if your feeling up to it, let us see about going backstage." He said, taking her hoof into his.

(Going somewhere, be back later)

"Backstage? that seems really cool." Unholy said as she followed Max.

"well today has been really fun so far." she added with a very light-hearted smile.

(OCC: backstage is like my home in theater, I spend the entire time backstage helping out with the crew, I got 'dis XD )

@@Fire Runner,

Max lead the two down to the stage area, where they found the door to backstage, with a rather large stallion blocking the way. As they approached, he held out a hoof to stop them.

"Sorry but backstage is prohibited to tourists." Max was never really good at lying, but he felt like this pony would either be too inattentive or too...what would a polite word be? Dull? Un-smart?  In any case, Max put on his best serious face and pressed his luck.

"What do you think your doing? We are needed backstage right away! This mare here is the choreographer and if she doesn't get in immediately, the other dancers might get...impatient." The stallion gave Max a look that appeared like he was trying to read his mind.

"What is wrong with her eyes?"

"She is blind, sir, and I would thank you kindly not to bring it up." Max leaned in to speak softly, but sharply.

"She is very sensitive about her condition, so you bringing it up doesn't help." Max hissed. He continued to whisper.

"I am her assistant I only guide her around outside the studio. She may not look it, but she is a master of dance. Now are you going to harass as further, or let us in?" The guard was looking uneasy, guilty almost.

"S-sorry ma'am. Please, go right in." He said, stepping out of the way. Once they were in and out of earshot, Max let out a sigh of relief.

"Dear Celestia, either I am better at lying than I thought, or that pony was just...you know." Max didn't like talking bad about others.

"Anyway, here we are."

@@Fire Runner,

Max lead the two down to the stage area, where they found the door to backstage, with a rather large stallion blocking the way. As they approached, he held out a hoof to stop them.

"Sorry but backstage is prohibited to tourists." Max was never really good at lying, but he felt like this pony would either be too inattentive or too...what would a polite word be? Dull? Un-smart?  In any case, Max put on his best serious face and pressed his luck.

"What do you think your doing? We are needed backstage right away! This mare here is the choreographer and if she doesn't get in immediately, the other dancers might get...impatient." The stallion gave Max a look that appeared like he was trying to read his mind.

"What is wrong with her eyes?"

"She is blind, sir, and I would thank you kindly not to bring it up." Max leaned in to speak softly, but sharply.

"She is very sensitive about her condition, so you bringing it up doesn't help." Max hissed. He continued to whisper.

"I am her assistant I only guide her around outside the studio. She may not look it, but she is a master of dance. Now are you going to harass as further, or let us in?" The guard was looking uneasy, guilty almost.

"S-sorry ma'am. Please, go right in." He said, stepping out of the way. Once they were in and out of earshot, Max let out a sigh of relief.

"Dear Celestia, either I am better at lying than I thought, or that pony was just...you know." Max didn't like talking bad about others.

"Anyway, here we are."

Unholy turned to Max and giggled.

"you know, voice couch would have been more believable than choreographer." Unholy said, still laughing.

"you're pretty good at lying." she teased, taking hit hat then placing it upon her own head.

"Look at me, I am Max the amazing trickster pony." she said, then she took the hat off and took a slight bow.

she giggled some more  before placing the hat back on Max's head.

@@Fire Runner,

Max couldn't help but laugh at that. He found it ironic, as he thought himself to be a horrible liar. After retrieving his fedora, Max took a second to compose himself.

"Heh, you know you look good wearing the family heirloom. Anyway, let us see what we can get into...and avoid getting caught. I don't think I have a second lie in me." Max chuckled to himself and continued walking through backstage, guiding Unholy along with him. At least his depression had subsided.