Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv WWE Royal Rumble 2012 discussion topic

Doctor XFizzle

Disclaimer: the physicality and maneuvers are for the most part real, the outcomes, however, are scripted. I still find it entertaining to a degree. Depends on the storylines and the entertainment of the match. John Cena vs. CM Punk from Money in the Bank PPV in June was one of the most thrilling matches I've seen because of the match and the surrounding storyline. Was given the first Dave Meltzer 5-star rating for a WWE match since 1997.

The road to Wrestlemania begins TONIGHT! The Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV and match every year. Hard to know who's going to win, surprise entrants, memorable moments.

Posted Image

ROYAL RUMBLE 2012

Live on Pay-Per-View at 8:00 pm EST

Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

the card:

Posted Image

John Cena vs. Kane

Posted Image

World Heavyweight Championship

Steel Cage Match

Daniel Bryan © vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Posted Image

WWE Championship

CM Punk © vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/special guest referee John Laurinaitis)

Posted Image

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Winner chooses which champion to face in the main event at Wrestlemania 28

Even though he just returned 3 weeks ago, I'm sticking with "Y2J" Chris Jericho to win this year's Royal Rumble. It would be awesome if it's Jericho vs. Punk for the WWE Title at WM28.

As for surprise Rumble entrants, I would guess Rey Mysterio will make his return from injury. Possibly Sin Cara too (even though his injury was brutal and I wouldn't be too thrilled because he sucks). Booker T could make another return like he did last year. I don't expect Kevin Nash to get involved. A long long long shot to show up for the Rumble would be either John Morrison or The Undertaker

So discuss away.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally a wrestling thread

my predictions

super cena wins and over comes the hate -_-

Daniel Bryan retains

Ziggler wins thanks to Jericho costing punk the match

winner of the rumble is between these guys. : orton,Sheamus, Wade Berret or Jericho maybe

(edited)

My picks:

Cena

Bryan

Punk (by DQ)

Y2J

For the final four I'll go with Y2J, Orton, Barrett, and Cody Rhodes

Last year I nearly crapped myself when Santino re-appeared when Alberto Del Rio thought he won. It would've been ridiculous if Santino won but nope, ADR tossed him over too lol

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

My Sweet Celestia!

A WWE thread? WOW... I haven't watched this since I was a young colt...

I think when I stopped watching is when John Cena first became WWE Champion and almost all story lines revolved around him... it got annoying!

I also remember the only time I saw it LIVE was RAW and it was when DX (Triple H and Shawn Micheal) came back! I loved seeing that moment LIVE being a fan of the old D-Generation-X! :P

Anyway time to have odd reactions to the match card...

...wait Kane has his mask on? YES! I now love Kane again! :D

Little man in Big Man Sandwhich! I'd like BIg Show to win since I actually remember who he was!

I very vaguely remember CM Punk from when ECW came back (which sucked!) so I guess I'd cheer for him, mostly because I remember him by the guy who had Killswitched Engaged theme music! haha

Royal Rumble? Wow... umm... I know nothing about WWE any more... I do remember Royal Rumble both being my favorite match of the year and my favorite game mode to play in the WWE video games! I cannot really pick a winner though since the whole line up could be different from what it was when I last watched. Though old favorites are Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, and Triple H.

Match 1- Cena, probably turning heel at this point.

Match 2- Bryan

match 3- Cm punk, I just don't see Ziggler as champion material

I couldn't care less about who wins the Royal Rumble match itself really. Im more into Mexican wrestling anyways.

(edited)

Totally forgot that Christian could return tonight.

If I had to lock in two guys as surprise entrants, I'd go with Rey and Christian

Or imagine the explosion if this happens tonight

*BZZZZZZZT*

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Oh WWE, I used to watch that!

There's so many new people! Mark Henry for world title? He was always one of my favorites, despite the fact that nobody else likes him.

Kane has his mask back,

I wonder what has happened with the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio, my other favorites. Oh and Edge and Randy Orton, I liked them too, specially crazy Edge.

(edited)

Oh WWE, I used to watch that!

There's so many new people! Mark Henry for world title? He was always one of my favorites, despite the fact that nobody else likes him.

Kane has his mask back,

I wonder what has happened with the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio, my other favorites. Oh and Edge and Randy Orton, I liked them too, specially crazy Edge.

Edge just recently retired right after this past year's Wrestlemania. He's being inducted into the Hall of Fame at this year's WM.

2 more hours til showtime! w000000

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

that would be a surprise if he showed up i mean they really need to build the feud up more heck i could even see Undertaker have something to do with the cena thing or a surprise return to set up a feud

(edited)

Well I read he's confirmed to be on every Raw in March leading up to WM, but if he shows up tonight that would be awesome.

1 hour!! wooooooooooooooo

Our opening match is.........

Steel Cage match for the World Hvywt. Championship

Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry!

Daniel Bryan retains. He was dangling off the side of the cage wall and holding onto Show's arm but he broke loose and fell to the floor to win

We have an unannounced divas tag match

Beth Phoenix/Natalya/Nikki Bella/Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly/Eve/Alicia Fox/Tamina

mmmm I'd enjoy me a Beth/Natalya sandwich. Me in the middle of course.

Beth demolishes Kelly Kelly with a Glam Slam for the win

Cena vs. Kane now

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Kane knocks out Cena for a bit, finds Zack Ryder's dressing room, knocks him out, wheels him to the ring (since Ryder was in a wheelchair from attack on Raw), Kane TOMBSTONES!!! Ryder in front of Eve, goes for her, Cena returns for the save, eventually gets a Chokeslam for his troubles. Kane leaves with carnage lying in the ring.

filler match incoming

Drew McIntyre vs. The Funkasaurus Brodus Clay!! SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA!

The Funksaurus both literally and figuratively squashes Drew McInytre

Punk vs. Ziggler for the title next

idk, my >_>stream went down right before it started and i caught the aftermath

Punk retains the title with a DAAAAAAMN of a Go 2 Sleep on Ziggler.

LEEEEEEET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

your Rumble winner

SHEAMUS!!

Final 4: Big Show, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Sheamus

then it came down to Jericho vs. Sheamus

Y2J skinned the cat to hang on, made it to the apron, then got Brogue Kick'd the hell out

(edited)

Unexpected/Surprise entrants:

Ricardo Rodriguez (used Del Rio's music to swerve everyone)

The Great Khali (returned from injury in Sept.)

Jerry "The King" Lawler

Booker T

Michael Cole

Road Dogg Jesse James

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Kharma (returned from pregnancy leave)

Edited by Doctor XFizzle