Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

100% sure, she's an alicorn now.

If it's not changed, then it must mean that she will revert to be unicorn again.

I think she will fly around in the title screen, and have a brand-new Mane Six photo!

• Brohoof 2

I think it should. I mean, now that Twilight's an Alicorn, it would be weird to still see we as a Unicorn in the opening of new episodes.

• Brohoof 1

They are going to have to change the intro song and everything a bit since twiley is now a alicorn. To be honest I almost always skipped through the intro song anyways xD. But if they do decided to change things up I say it would be interesting to see at least.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Twilight has wings, the original introduction wouldn't be correct. What do you think the new introduction will be like?

Would there be a new song behind it?

It could possibly be the same as the last, but rather than Twilight entering Ponyville in a balloon, she would glide down into the streets (With Spike on her back, of course).

In some ways, I would want the new introduction to be almost completely different.

What do you think?

I understand changing the intro.

But i don't think changing the music would be necessary.

Season 2&3's intro's were exactly the same, just touched up a tad bit.

Edited by KToadstool

Woah. Why did this never cross my mind until now? That's a good question, but I agree with @. The music would not change. Now I'm stuck wondering what would be changed...

• Brohoof 1

Yep I agree. I mean she technically still used to wonder what friendship could be...and they all shared it's magic with her. So yes, the music would still be accurate. I think a change in the visual is necessary for sure though. I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope that they don't elaborate on Twilights new status TOO much...we gotta have the rest of the mane 6 in on it too!

The music does not need to change. It still works even with the wings.

Now the visuals need to change. I think it should be similar like the original. We see Twilight and she somehow meets the test of her freinds. Then we have the scence with them.

I'm not sure though.

Hm... I never thought about that.

I'm guessing the intro will change much much like the change from season 1 to season 2. There might be a slight change in the theme song (adding new instruments, re-recording vocals) and they will probably add new background scenes from newer episodes. And, like you said, they have to give Twilight wings and she will most likely fly to the ground.

Edited by BuckeyeBrony

I doubt the music would change, besides I've grown to kinda like the theme anyways by now, plus another theme wouldn't make much sense.

However I hope the introduction sequence itself is changed, it wouldn't make sense so I assume it will be, proably have Twilight flying in it or something.

I'm quite curious, maybe since they have a bigger reason to change it they might actually turn it into something totally different, I don't really want another small minimally changed intro to be honest.

I hope that they keep the theme song the same, aside from any touch ups or enhancements to slightly change it up a bit. I also hope that they keep the general structure of the visuals the same, but add some scenes from the Crystal Empire, and accommodate for Twilight's transformation into an alicorn.

Yeah, I think an update is in order, especially since it';s a full new 26 episodes, not a half season like S3. Personally, I think maybe a slight remixing with some new animation is in order, not a total revamp of the song and intro.

You know, I just realized that the permanence of Twilicorn can be divined from whether or not there's a new intro- if the intro's the same, it's probably not permanent, but if the intro's different, well then the wings are pretty much here to stay. 

I hope that they don't elaborate on Twilights new status TOO much...we gotta have the rest of the mane 6 in on it too!

LOL, I just imagined the new intro and Twilight keeps blocking everyone out of shot by extending her wings, and in the photo to Celestia it's just a close-up of Twilight with her friends far off in the distance. laugh.png

You know, I just realized that the permanence of Twilicorn can be divined from whether or not there's a new intro- if the intro's the same, it's probably not permanent, but if the intro's different, well then the wings are pretty much here to stay. 

Very true. Assuming they showcase the new intro earlier than season 4, (as some kind of teaser) we could have confirmation that the change is permanent. *Hooves crossed that it isn't* tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

I appreciate the current opening for the show, but should they change it? It does show the characters of the show, but to anyone that just watched the the theme, the entire show would seem stupid. At least that's what i thought until i actually watched the show itself, and not just the opener. Some ponies, even now, cant watch the opening. 

Edited by Arkayer

They're going to have to.

Twilight.

>Has wings

>Doesn't have wings for opener, and rides in a hot air balloon.

I hate the opening. I wouldn't mind a change.

• Brohoof 5

i don't think they should change it but update it. with all that has happens i would like to see some changes in it. like alicorn twilight, and discord need to be added to it. though i wouldn't mind at all if they did change it. i watch a lot of anime and cartoons and one thing i look forward to is a new opening at the beginning of a new season  

I think the opening song well be the same, but I think they well change Twilight. Here's an idea, what if Twilight flies from Canterlot to Ponyville? Spike would be or her back and it would just start the same. After she lands, she walks and the others wave to her.

I think that could work.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

They will change the opener, all they have to do is add wings on Twilight.

But they will change the opener in Season 4, can't keep the same opener for too long.

• Brohoof 1

I like alicorn Twilight however I also like the old Twilight too. I don't mind if they change it, but I kind of miss unicorn Twilight :'(

Though it wasn't very long ago... I can't manage to take of my nostalgia goggles just yet...

iw4sk0.png

I'm willing to accept the new Twilight, but I will never forget the old.

Edited by ~Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 2

Well considering Twilight now is an Alicorn they more or less have to. Atleast some, but I figure if they change it some then why not just go ahead and change it a bunch :P.

I don't dislike the opener per say, but it does get kinda bland.