Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm afraid that the cheesy intro song/animation that we've all come to know and love is going to change now that Twilight us an alicorn. Does anypony have any ideas what it could look like if they change it?

Hello. We already happened to have a topic dedicated to discussing whether the opening will change, how it could change, and sharing how we feel about this, so for convenience I have merged your thread with the older one.

Edited by Strawhat

• 2 months later...

Since Twilight now has wings, I'm pretty sure that the intro from season 4 onwards will have a new intro with alicorn Twilight instead of unicorn Twilight. What do you guys think?

Never came to mind. If they did, I think that would actually be pretty smart. So those that are first watching S4 know that Twilight Sparkle is a princess. It would also be good if they changed the themed song because, MLP is now not be very magical with friendship. dry.png

i have never actually thought about that. but it does make a lot of sense. let's just hope they didn't screw up with making a new song...

Yeah I would like them to keep the same song too. Maybe they'll slightly edit it like they did in season 2. I would also like to see them add more secondary characters to the intro like Luna and the CMC's.

Yeah I would like them to keep the same song too. Maybe they'll slightly edit it like they did in season 2. I would also like to see them add more secondary characters to the intro like Luna and the CMC's.

yeah that would be pretty cool. i don't want them to put more brony references in it though, like they did with putting derpy on the train in s3. that would kinda ruin it for me. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm curios to see if they do change the title sequence, I'd imagine the song would be the same and for some reason I got a suspicious that all they'll do is stick some wings on Twilight and be done with it. But guess we'll have to wait and see what happens :)

Since Twilight now has wings, I'm pretty sure that the intro from season 4 onwards will have a new intro with alicorn Twilight instead of unicorn Twilight. What do you guys think?

Your topic, 'New Intro?' actually already coincides with 'New Introduction', as both discuss the possibility for a new intro in Season 4 due to Twilight's wings :3 I've merged the two.

@,

This wasn't noticed for a while, but it turned out that there was already a thread for discussing whether the intro to the show will change now that Twilight has wings, so your thread has been merged with the old one.

Your topic, 'New Intro?' actually already coincides with 'New Introduction', as both discuss the possibility for a new intro in Season 4 due to Twilight's wings :3 I've merged the two.

I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I was so excited about talking about this subject that I forgot to look to see if a similar thread had already been created. Forgive me? :(

I think they should change the intro song to "A True True Friend" and use actual clips from the show in it.  And that's all I have to say on the matter.

I think they should change the intro song to "A True True Friend" and use actual clips from the show in it.  And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Eh...

I'd prefer an entirely unique introduction with its own song to be honest. That would just feel lazy and tacked on to me. I know a lot of shows do it, but I always love when shows have their own animated introduction and song.

• Brohoof 1

They need to change it or remaster it i like it but it´s getting old.

And they need sto give twilight wings or else it would be very strange to have a unicorn twilight in the intro but in the story a alicorn twilight.

you´re right now when i think about it it´s like you say yay.png

You know, on a random side note, it's kind of funny, cause one of the things that pulled me into the show was the introduction.

I know a lot of Bronies say that it bothers me or is pretty weak, but I actually like the introduction, find it catchy, and think that it's a great way to introduce the show. Granted, I know that I might be in the minority on this, but I actually really like the introduction. A lot.

But I do think it would be awesome to get a new introduction and song, because I would probably like whatever new one they cook up as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

They pretty much have to change the animation. Twilight became an alicorn, and she appears as a unicorn in the intro, so something will have to change. However, they may want to prevent spoilers in the intro for people who may accidentally see the new intro before watching Magical Mystery Cure (a.k.a. people who just started watching the show.) Perhaps they could make it so we don't see Twilight's body (would be difficult, I assume.)

As for the song; I don't think it needs to change. At most; all they need to do is remix it. I don't think a new song is needed.

I don't really see them changing the intro but, they could try making a new intro to connect more with the new season. They could try doing a remix of the song, but maybe a new change is good that's actually saying a lot. So, we could expect a new intro but if they want to add changes or a few new added animations then by all means go for it.

A new intro will probably be made, since Twilight has wings now. A new song would be nice as well, maybe one reflecting upon her newfound princessness? Or the animators will just be lazy and stick wings onto the current one.

Edited by Ashley

They'd almost have to. It would be very strange having her be a unicorn in the opening credits but an alicorn in the rest of the show. Of course, if they don't change it, that'd be a tipoff that the alicorn thing won't last.

And of course there's no way that they'd have gone through all of this buildup, all of this drama and all this change JUST to revert her back to a Unicorn.

Personally, I would enjoy it if the remixed version of the theme song used in EqG was partially used for the intro (or something similar to it). Of all the things in that film, pros and cons, that was the highlight of it for me. It would be a nice way of showing that the show is evolving as a whole (with new animation included of course).

Edited by TheGr3ml1n
  • Brohoof 1

I hope they redo the introduction. That's what I like about a show, when they change the introduction.

They have the chance to out do themselves with the introduction since thier animation skills have improved since season 1. They can then use the remix they used for the Equestria Girls intro it was amazing after all.

Good intros I've seen as the series went into new seasons were Yu-Gi-Oh, Code Lyoko etc.

Well I would love it if the song was inspired by the Equestria Girls theme remix. It also would be good if there were new visuals such as Dash making a rainbow trail and turns into a laser show with Vinyl then the records she uses turn into a dress that Rarity is sewing etc.

One of best things it would do is MAKE IT DUBSTEP!!!

Edited by Harmony Spark
  • Brohoof 1