Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think they should...it's only fair.mellow.png 
I mean, with like, Twilly having wings, they should make the opening different, and have a different theme...

They will change it, now that Princess Suelicorn has wings.

It might not be a extreme remake, but something similar and fitting.

(Like swapping Rainbow for Twilight on the first cutscene where she flies to Ponyville)

I would like it if they changed it, mainly so I don't have to skip it every time I want to watch and episode. Even when I'm watching episodes of Doctor Who I'll still watch the intro because it's good and doesn't make me cringe.

They will most likely change it just to keep continuity with Twilight now being an Alicorn though.

As much as I would like a new theme song, I'm not sure if they should change it (it's too iconic now) but at least changing the imagery would be nice. I could see Twilight maybe flying at the beginning instead of being in the balloon. The balloon is gone now as of Wonderbolts Academy anyway. 

Aside from that, I could see them changing the part where Celestia is looking at the picture of Twilight and her friends as well. Twilight is technically not Celestia's student anymore, and I kind of doubt the letters will be in season 4 unless they make up some weird reason (like everypony has to write letters to Twilight now).

Edited by Rarietty

because it's good and doesn't make me cringe.

Alright I'm not even going to touch the fact that one our own moderators watches that poor excuse for a show, but I've got to know WHY would the MLP intro. make you cringe? it is good as it is - granted it needs an update for an updated Twilight though it is still good. It is not that long at all. However the picture Celestia holds (or levitates?) at the end makes the mane 6 look weird as hell...

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Alright I'm not even going to touch the fact that one our own moderators watches that poor excuse for a show, but I've got to know WHY would the MLP intro. make you cringe? it is good as it is - granted it needs and update for an updated Twilight though it is still good. It is not that long at all. However the picture Celestia holds at the end makes the mane 6 look weird as hell...

Now hold your horses now!

While I acknowledge that Doctor Who hasn't the top of it's game lately, it is most certainly not "poor".

Glee is poor. Current Spongebob is poor. Doctor Who is decent. At least at the moment...

Wait, what was the topic? Oh yeah, the opening. The italian song, but adapted into english with some new animation would be badass.

Damn a PUN?! I guess you mean business now :P.

While I acknowledge that Doctor Who hasn't the top of it's game lately, it is most certainly not "poor".

Doctor Who hasn't been at the top of its game since 2006. Doctor Who makes Glee look like it deserves an award!

Wait, what was the topic? Oh yeah, the opening. The italian song, but adapted into english with some new animation would be badass.

Yes.

I see what you did there.

but on a on-topic note, yes I think they should change the opening. It would be strange to have the opening have unicorn Twilight but to all of a sudden have alicorn twilight when it starts 

Alright I'm not even going to touch the fact that one our own moderators watches that poor excuse for a show, but I've got to know WHY would the MLP intro. make you cringe? it is good as it is - granted it needs an update for an updated Twilight though it is still good. It is not that long at all. However the picture Celestia holds (or levitates?) at the end makes the mane 6 look weird as hell...

I don't think my preference in what is a frankly excellent show matters here so I'm going to ignore that statement.

The reason it makes me cringe is that the current intro song is a bit girly and it's not really that interesting. It's just not a particularly good intro and I think if you just watched the intro you wouldn't get a feel for what the show is like.

• Brohoof 2

Damn a PUN?! I guess you mean business now :P.

Doctor Who hasn't been at the top of its game since 2006. Doctor Who makes Glee look like it deserves an award!

Yes.

Oh crap, just realized I made a pun. I swear to Gawd, that was unintentional.

Staying on topic, I like the Italian intro song better because the tone is much more exciting. Fits the whole slice of life comedy/fantasy adventure aspect of the show better.

(But seriously though, Glee sucks.)

I think they really need a new intro. Chances are season 4 will be considerably different from seasons 103 since the general storyline will probably be different, which means a new intro showing new things would be needed.

I appreciate the current opening for the show, but should they change it? It does show the characters of the show, but to anyone that just watched the the theme, the entire show would seem stupid. At least that's what i thought until i actually watched the show itself, and not just the opener. Some ponies, even now, cant watch the opening. 

Hello. We had several threads related to the future of the opening theme, and changing it and such. For convenience I've merged your topic with a few others so that it will be easy for everybody to gather together and discuss the issue :).

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching the season 3 finale for the 7th time today, when I thought of something. Would season 4 have new opening titles? I think that season 4 will have at least updated opening titles, if not a completely new one. Plus there could even be a new opening song, especially if this Sunset Shimmer character will be a new member of the mane 6 (or mane 7)

What does everypony else think? Will they be all new or just updated?

Well I imagine that it has to be accurate to the show itself, so the opening titles would probably be updated in order to include Twilight as an alicorn.

I'm not sure if they will change the entire thing, given that the song itself is so well known and popular. But I'm pretty sure that there will be pretty major changes. 

So I was watching the season 3 finale for the 7th time today, when I thought of something. Would season 4 have new opening titles? I think that season 4 will have at least updated opening titles, if not a completely new one. Plus there could even be a new opening song, especially if this Sunset Shimmer character will be a new member of the mane 6 (or mane 7)

What does everypony else think? Will they be all new or just updated?

Hello. We actually already had a thread dedicated to changes in the theme/opening title, and speculation related to them, and for convenience I have merged your topic with the older one. In the future please take the time to use the search function to determine if there are any existing threads that serve the purpose of any that you are planning to create.

While a new theme song sounds great it doesn't neccesarly have to change. If to think about it reading the lyrics the song still fits

So technically they don't have to change the theme song if they don't want to, however it would be nice if they did.

They do however need to change the intro sequence. How they will do this is anyone's guess

I'm afraid that the cheesy intro song/animation that we've all come to know and love is going to change now that Twilight us an alicorn. Does anypony have any ideas what it could look like if they change it?

EDIT: This was merged into this topic

Edited by BronyBob

Why would the song change? It doesn't talk about her being a Unicorn in it. I'm sure they'll give Twilight wings now that she has them, but other than that, it'll hopefully remain the same.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know, it would be kind of nice to have a fresh new intro. Like keep the same old theme music, but have an update on the animation part.

Maybe they'll just have the same intro but instead just change Twilight to be an alicorn in it, we just got to wait and see I suppose

They might have a new intro....I personally think it would be kinda cool if they did ( don't get me wrong I love the current one as well!). But yeah, they wouldn't really have to make one anyways.....all they'd have to do is add some wings to Twilight, and that's it.

But it would make sense to have a new intro. Now with Twilight not being a student to Celestia (and probably not having to rely on her for letters too much), they would have to make a whole new one to have the season make more sense. But yeah, I could see them keeping it as it is. But I don't mind either way. :P I think it'd be cool to have a new intro. Or maybe a remix of the current one!!

Whether the intro changes or not and how is of no concern to me at all, I just want to know if this whole twilicorn thing is going to work. Once I know that then I will focus on more nitpicky things like that.