Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Dashie: Entering Daddy's Life

RussellB

Bought a wacom bamboo pen tablet, had a blast so I drew this. I'm planning to make a timeline/comic strip. Sorry for the bad lines, Still getting used to it :|.

Would appreciate it if someone would teach me how layers and paint tool sai works... First timer here.

Also if you don't get why the date is there, it's not the date i drew it, it's the Dashie's birthday, the 17th of September 2011 (2011 when the fanfic was created)

post-12007-0-95036400-1361678689_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

Haha he looks so adorable :D. Just wanna hug him and snuggle him and.. Yeah :P.

Overall the drawing looks pretty good, expecially if you just started with drawing with a tablet and stuff. The only complaint I have is that the eyes are kinda strange since the whole eye is red tinted while its normally just around the pupils and the rest is white or pupil. Idk just looks a bit odd to me, but whatever you wanna do is fine, I'm not sure if thats an error or intentional just pointing out.. well the obvious I guess :P.

ERMEHGEEEEEEEEER, so cute! Honestly, who DIDN'T cry after reading MLD? I really shed a tear when I read the part about the note, and even about fifteen minutes later, I was still crying, and I had to tell me dad that I was just sweating through my eyeballs. :P

Haha he looks so adorable :D. Just wanna hug him and snuggle him and.. Yeah :P.

Overall the drawing looks pretty good, expecially if you just started with drawing with a tablet and stuff. The only complaint I have is that the eyes are kinda strange since the whole eye is red tinted while its normally just around the pupils and the rest is white or pupil. Idk just looks a bit odd to me, but whatever you wanna do is fine, I'm not sure if thats an error or intentional just pointing out.. well the obvious I guess :P.

Actually, i've only started drawing, 2 months ago (end of last year), if you want I can upload my first pony ever...

My friend (pony artist) gave me some tips, said I should copy someone's art style at first, in this case, I mixed some of the original MLP art style, Nameless artist artstyles and Jiayi's artstyle 

the first one i uploaded is Jiayi's work.

2nd one's a ponified friend of mine, lines look smother because I drew it on paper then traced it on the tablet.

the 3rd one... pretty self explanatory.

i've been looking all over youtube for tablet drawing tutorials, how to get the lines smooth etc, eye colouring, colouring, but it's failing me. then i figured out, there's things called layers, played around with it.

had to figure everything out on my own just by looking at the jiayi's work. 

http://jiayi.deviantart.com/ <- his/her deviant art account

post-12007-0-73573000-1361679673_thumb.png

post-12007-0-98536600-1361679711_thumb.png

post-12007-0-38722800-1361679741_thumb.jpg

Edited by RussellB
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, i've only started drawing, 2 months ago (end of last year), if you want I can upload my first pony ever...

My friend (pony artist) gave me some tips, said I should copy someone's art style at first, in this case, I mixed some of the original MLP art style, Nameless artist artstyles and Jiayi's artstyle 

the first one i uploaded is Jiayi's work.

2nd one's a ponified friend of mine, lines look smother because I drew it on paper then traced it on the tablet.

the 3rd one... pretty self explanatory.

i've been looking all over youtube for tablet drawing tutorials, how to get the lines smooth etc, eye colouring, colouring, but it's failing me. then i figured out, there's things called layers, played around with it.

had to figure everything out on my own just by looking at the jiayi's work. 

Oh ok, so I assume the eye color thing is just because you didn't use layers. :P.

Yeah layers make everything a butt ton easier :P. The more things you separate into layers the easier it is to adjust things around and fix things without messing up a whole bunch of other stuff, very handy advantage to computer drawing :).

Your doing good though keep it up! :).

And don't worry, my first pony drawing is way worse then anything you could ever create :P. I'm not even gonna bother posting it because it looks like the work of a 3 year old :)

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

Oh ok, so I assume the eye color thing is just because you didn't use layers. :P.

Yeah layers make everything a butt ton easier :P. The more things you separate into layers the easier it is to adjust things around and fix things without messing up a whole bunch of other stuff, very handy advantage to computer drawing :).

Your doing good though keep it up! :).

And don't worry, my first pony drawing is way worse then anything you could ever create :P. I'm not even gonna bother posting it because it looks like the work of a 3 year old :)

if someone could create a tutorial, that would be great...im using the 'help' system that came with paint tool sai. not too useful. 

• Brohoof 1

if someone could create a tutorial, that would be great...im using the 'help' system that came with paint tool sai. not too useful. 

I personally don't know much of anything about Paint tool SAI since I use GIMP, so I can't really help you on that sorry :(. I wish I could, but I assume the programs work much differently anyways, so I couldn't offer much guidance.

Good luck though!

• Brohoof 1