Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

Peter Capaldi is a great Doctor, and Jenna Coleman was a great Companion... for Matt Smith.

Capaldi's Doctor and Clara just didn't seem to mesh together well. Instead treating each other like equal partners, it came across like they were using each other in some kind of codependent relationship.

Plus, the whole Danny Pink storyline was kind of forced.

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts on the Special:

It was good. It was Alien meets Doctor Who meets Inception meets Santa. Still hate 12th Doctor...No from now on Imma call him Sheldon Copper Doctor. Loved how they referenced Alien. I'm not gonna lie I was ready to call quits with this show if 63 years in the future Clara was the actual end to this ep. The whole time I was going this is not real, if it is I'm done. And the cute Danny Pink saves Clara again. Damn he reminds me of Kamina every time.

• 9 months later...

Welp I liked the 1st few sec of s09e04 with the doctor breaking the 4th wall. Proves that this Doctor can be fun, even with that horrid scottish accent capaldi is trying to trow at us. Seriously this guy sounds better with his normal voice. Loved the rock intro. Anyways this episode was a let down. I mean seriously did this need to be 2 parts?

Next Time Doctor Who Vs. Game Of Thrones. Let me see if Arya Stark can save this show.

Edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi

• 1 month later...

My Thoughts On S09E08.

I blew my mind that that was not Clara but imitation Clara. I did get some satisfation with imitation Clara bombing down this doctor. Also I remember a few weeks ago when Google searching news results popped up calling David Tennant's Flashback a Cameo when it wasn't a cameo it was a flashback. But how much you wanna bet that they're not gonna report today's ep as containing cameos from John Hurt, Matt Smith and William Hartnell.

My Thoughts on S09E09.

*Sighs* So this is like what the 4th time Doctor Who has imitated the movie Aliens in the 12th Doctor run? And next time, we get an earth episode, oh joy -_- Honestly, honestly, WHY ARE THERE NO MORE SCI-FI ADVENTURE EPISODES???!!!! Why aren't we not visiting more future cities? Why aren't we going to other planets or on an asteroid that has satan in it? This season seems to really love repeating itself. Atlest we finally get a temporary male companion in the next ep.

My thoughts on S09E11.

So basically this ep is the Doctor Who equivalent to this movie:

Honestly I was wrong in saying Doctor Who was too dark. This episode made me realize it's not too dark thus imitating the tone of dark knight resulting in bland and boring montone stories and doctor. No this ep, heck majority of this season and last was over the top dark to a point that it more like a parody of Horror/Triller/Every movie that has the Dark Knight Formula. I mean come on what happened to this show? TBH nothing is wrong with Dark, so long a you balance it with fun. Like the MCU, The Super Sentai Series and what Doctor Who used to do during their former dark season.

Honestly Horror Movies never affect me, cuz the gore is both amazing and cheesy but at least the good ones, like Hellraiser and Alien, gave us originality and everyday life of it characters, even showcasing a few fun moments with them. Also good horror movies showcase the psychological effect of the events on their characters. But these seasons, especially this episode. I can just hear Steven saying "Ask Me What It Means". Cept we wont get an answer. Hell the only time we got psychological with the doctor was with the ariya stark intro episode. They could've done this with this ep, but no lets try to be "mature and edgy" to hell with that character development noise.

The only balance of fun this season had was with clara and looked what happened to her and her man. These past seasons and these ep especially is the equivalent to a teenager trying to be mature by cursing allot but comes across as more childish for cursing alot. Cept Doctor Who is trying to be mature by being over the top dark and over the top serious and throws in alot of underline visuals and meaning, but comes across as being a parody those themes.

Honestly this episode was the most bored I've ever been.

My thoughts on S09E12.

Well this was a nice episode, we got to explore a lil bit of the Doctor's backstory. It was great seeing the orphanage again. We also explored Gallafray a lil bit more, too bad we didn't get a full adventure on Gallafray. My I loved seeing what a TARDIS really looks like on the outside (Though it may just be hiding itself as a Galafrian Post XD), great to see a recreation of the classic doctor who TARDIS set. Funny thing though the Doors were bigger on the original set that William Hartnell used while this one is smaller. I loved that Amy and Rory was mentioned and who wants a ride in the Space Dinner? XD. It seems as though Clara is gonna be the new "River Song" type character in the show, we all know that eventually she'll return to die, but it doesn't mean she can't have fun before going to die.

This ep proves that you can change both race and gender when regenerating, both of which was only explored with separately (Missy for Gender, River for Race). FINALLY we get a semi new sonic screwdriver. Though it's a modified version of the Matt Smith Sonic Screwdriver instead of newly redesign one, but hey beggars can't be choosers. And then finally River is in the X-Mas special, which we all knew.

Overall it was ok, it could've been better, there was allot of things in there that could've been left out and it wouldn't have affected the plot.

Edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi

So, it seems River Song will be in the Christmas special. Not going to be looking forward to that to be honest. Something about her just seems like Moffat is really trying hard to make me believe that she's this really badass person who's better than the Doctor. This comes off as rather forced and as a result she just annoys me.

You should add the 12th doctor to the poll. Maybe Dr Whooves also? :lol: Anyways, I have been a huge fan of Dr Who for a very long time, and I have to say, even until now, the episodes have top quality writing, and the new compainions have had great character development. Whoovian for life!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I haven't really watched much of the latest season like some of the episodes. Was planning to watch more but idk it isn't as great anymore tbh (at least the previous series) the script writing is kinda chaotic. I did see one of the episodes with the new master hmm well he does seem very mastery at least lol.