Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

Well, tv.blinx has links to all episodes, typically through Megavideo. If you'd prefer high quality, unlimited, fully legal episodes then Netflix has just about all of them available for instant streaming from Season 1 (2005) though season 5. There's still a bit of a delay for them to get the newest seasons though, so the other might be your only shot if you don't want to wait.

Things I like about Matt Smith's Doctor:

1. The music of the intro. It is just more upbeat and exciting than it ever used to be. I listen to it and I just feel like the episode is going to be amazing.

2. Amy Pond. She's a hot redheaded Irish girl. What's not to love? :wub:

3. Continuation of the Weeping Angels and the unfolding story of his relation to Dr. River Song, which is very cool, if a bit weird. :lol:

4. Plastic Rory. I mean come on, the guy died, was reincarnated (sorta) by the Nestine as a plastic soldier, broke their hold over him, and dedicated his life for thousands of years to guarding the Doctor's prison, and helped rescue Amy, then got to marry her. I mean holy crap that's pretty impressive. Even if he is a dork. :)

5. The Silence. I gotta admit these guys are creepy. The ability to make you forget them as soon as you look away. That's a page right out of Sun Tzu's Art of War. If you are unknown, you have a distinct advantage over your enemy. You can gather your intel while he does not know of you, and you can take control while he is not even aware it is happening.

Things I like about David Tennant.

Ugh, where to begin?

1. His voice and ability to sound like so many things. Especially when he switched into Scottish mode when talking to Queen Victoria.

2. Rose Tyler. Sorry, I know some folks don't like her, but dayum she was a lot of fun, and fun to look at as well. ;)

3. Wibbly Wobbly... you know. :D

4. The origin of the Weeping Angels and the River Song story.

5. His conflict with the Master

6. And the best season closing episode arc ever: Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, and Journey's End. Probably the only scene in Doctor Who that ever came close to bringing me to tears, was at the end of Journey's End, when the Doctor and all of his faithful friends were in the TARDIS together, towing the earth back to where it belonged. For those of you who don't know about the Doctor's long history, and the loss of Gallifray, this scene won't mean as much. But to those who do know, the Doctor is a man so alone, experiencing the entire universe, all of time and space, with no home, no family, and friends that can never stay with him. He operates the TARDIS by himself, but the TARDIS was never meant for that. It was meant to be operated by a full crew. And in this episode, for the first time ever, he had a full crew. All the people who's lives he's impacted, past companions, friends, they were all there to fly it with him and bring the earth home. For me that was the most epic moment in the entirety of Doctor Who. :)

I think I have found the best person ever.

Did anyone else watch Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson? It was weird seeing him as just himself, not as The Doctor, but it was really interesting.

Can I get a link to this?

(edited)

The link is on the Doctor Who Tumblr link I sent you a page back if you bothered to go on it, of which I strongly recommend you do.

Also, Tyroq said that he liked Amy Pond. I disagree. Strongly. I think Pond is Smith's downfall. I quote from a youtube video I saw

Seriously, Amy Pond? She isn't a companion, heck, she isn't even an actor! All her faces are the same stupid pout she does. There is honestly no other face she can make!

Edited by Wolfonomic

The link is on the Doctor Who Tumblr link I sent you a page back if you bothered to go on it, of which I strongly recommend you do.

I don't see it there. It has a link to the show's page, but I don't actually see tonight's video on that site. I saw it on TV, so I have no idea where else you could find it.

(edited)

Hrmm, I'm ON IT!

Awww, sorry guys, but if you are not in America then, unfortunately, you cannot watch Matt Smith on the Late late Show! :blush:

But I'm sure it's nothing Youtube can't fix! So I'll get Youtubing and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Posted Image

Edited by Wolfonomic

Hell yes thank you so much! I wasnt convinced that anyone could live up to david tennant until I saw matt smith pop out of the tardis in the first episode. I love him now.

(edited)

Now if only more girls would say that about me... Posted Image

Awww, there there.

My conscience: It's not as if YOU'VE had any luck with women!

Me: Oh yeah, I forgot. Aww man.

Edited by Wolfonomic

I must say, I agree with OP as far as David Tennant being a fantastic Doctor. He does show the various aspects of his character's personality really well. Playful and joking, then straight into serious, sombre, even threatening when necessary. But for me, The Doctor will always be Tom Baker, with his scarf, hat, and bag of jelly babies. The fourth Doctor got some excellent episodes, and the most memorable companions. I think Tennant was technically better, but Tom Baker was the one I first saw and so I will forever associate him with that role.

I've never watched Dr.Who... is it worth watching since it is on netflix?

YES. My friend had it on netflix, if you pop it up, it should start you with Season 1, which is the 9th doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston. It's a show that blends history, imagination, comedy, action, drama, and fantastic acting. Not to mention hot guys with british accents. Seriously, it's amazing. (It started in the 70's, and reboot of it started with the 9th doctor, and it's been very successful since.)

What's the geekiest thing you have ever done in the name of doctor who?

I made some lego daleks (all to the same specification/ design)

post-93-0-55621700-1319055618_thumb.jpg

Aren't they awesome?

EXTERMINATE!

The geekiest thing I have done in the name of Who?

Probably the Tardis sticker I had on my car.