Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Philosophical sayings and quotes.

~asdf~

Just for those who like Philosophical sayings. Post ones your fond of.

To start: A fighter is someone who can win any battle and beat any opponent, A Soldier is someone who is willing to step away from a battle and will beat an opponent only if necissary.

There is no black and white, only shades of grey.”

The world is a dangerous place to live; not just because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” –Albert Einstein

Once you become famous, there is nothing left to become but infamous.” –Don Johnson

The last temptation is the greatest treason: To do the right deed for the wrong reason.” –T.S. Eliot

Emotion is primarily about nothing and much of it remains about nothing to the end.” –George Santayana

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” –Herm Albright

It contains a misleading impression, not a lie. It was being economical with the truth.” –Robert Armstrong

Families are about love overcoming emotional torture. –Matt Groening

"Things are not as bad as they seem. They are worse." –Bill Press

With lies you may go ahead in the world, but you can never go back.” –Russian Proverb

To shun one's cross is to make it heavier.” –Henri Frederic Amiel

"Of darkness visible so much be lent, as half to show, half veil, the deep intent." –Alexander Pope

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not."–E. R. Beadle

“‘They change their climate, not their soul, who rush across the sea’

Don't even think of your past—the future—whatever it is! Think of here and now, the present. The future will come later; enjoy what you can while you can.

"It all comes down to a choice really. Get busy living, or get busy dying." Red - Shawshank Redemption

• Brohoof 1

When I die, I will not see myself die, for the first time. ~Antonio Porchia

The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish. ~Evelyn Waugh

Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light? ~Maurice Freehill

A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top

[insert fancy text here]

I have heard quite a lot of philosophical quotations, but can't remember any of them.

I don't think it counts as philosophical, but my Physics class made up a definition of the difference between sports and games.

It just took half an hour and six people.

You all forgot the first quote that comes to mind.

"I think, therefore I am." -Descartes

Also you may not think it philosophical, but here's this: "Condemnant quod non intellegunt." It is Latin. Not that I understand Latin; this was a popular tattoo I was looking at.