Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you when someone spells your name incorrecty

applebaby

I'm just wondering if you get annoyed I do for some reason

if you don't do you know someone who dose?

sorry if I spell something wrong

Edited by applebaby
  • Brohoof 9

I can't really say it bothers me since my name is spelled wrong often. As long as someone can say it correctly I guess it's no big deal. No one is perfect after all.

Edited by The Stranger
  • Brohoof 1

No one ever misspells my first name, but people misspell and mispronounce my last name all the time and that can piss me off, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. I don't really blame them, but it's still annoying :(

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Some people spell my first name wrong, but they never call me by my last name at all. So, I wouldn't make it a big deal at all at a certain point in time we all spell names incorrectly.

Yeah, but that's because Garrett is one of those names that can be spelled in a bunch of different ways. Garrett, Garet, Garret, Garett...I've seen all of those at one time or another.

People in my town also mishear my last name because there is another, well-to-do family whose last name is mine minus the first letter (so if my last name was Bottle, theirs would be Ottle, for those who didn't understand my ramblings)

It is not my first name that gets misspelled it is my last name that takes the prize for that which I find rather interesting. Sure it is not exactly a very common last name but it is not THAT hard to spell and I wouldn't think it would be that hard to pronounce and seriously why so many calls in Spanish? I get that Spanish and Italian are similar to each other but I haven't seen very many Spanish words or phrases with a CI spelling while that is very common in Italian I find it interesting that so many Spanish speaking solicitors can't tell the difference between a Spanish and Italian last name.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

It really does, but usually people ask me before they attempt to spell it... I just really hate it when my name is pronounced wrong. It really ticks me off, and I want to kill the substitute, or whoever.

People usually spell my name, Dylan, in the text of Dillon, and sometimes even pronounce it Die-lan. It does bother me a bit because that's just an Americanization of my Welsh name. I'm very picky.  <_<

are you from the UK??

If you don't what to answer the question it's up to you 

am just asking because am from UK and you says your name is welsh

my name has 3 letters, so it's kind of hard to spell it wrong. However, when it does get spelled wrong, I usually will get annoyed. So in other words, yes, it does bother me.

My whole life, people spell my name wrong. My name is "Nico," but, I've seen it spelled:

Niko, Nikko, Nicko, Nicho, Nicco, Neco, and Nichko.

8/10 times my friends misspell my name, so I've gotten used to it.

Edited by N8C8
  • Brohoof 2

Well my name has several ways of spelling it but out of all of them people seem to make up a new one. My name is Dillon and everyone spells it Dillion. Seriously though where do people get the extra i from? Not only is it a misspell though they also pronounce it as if it actually had the extra i. But thats the only time I get mad at it.

My name gets misspelled all the time. If someone asks for my name and they plan to write it down, I usually start spelling it out before they even attempt to spell I have one of those names with plenty of variation and it seems like I have one of the lesser used spellings. I'm still getting mail with my name misspelled.

It's not really a big deal when someone misspells my name; I just correct them and move on. It does bother me a little though. Just a smidge  -_-

• Brohoof 1

Well my first name is basically never spelt wrong, but my last name is pretty complex so its spelt wrong pretty often :/.

However it took me a heck of a long time to spell it myself, so I don't really blame people for it, so I guess I can't say it bothers me really :P.

• Brohoof 1

Kinda. Not my first name, since it is kind of a common name, but my last name (Waugh) can be very easily misspelled if being spelled from pronunciation. The most common misspellings for it are Walk and Watt.

What kills me if when they short up my name in

a nick name way for my first name.   I like my whole

name to be used now my last names gets spelled rape...

its German so a lot of miss spellings do happen

and i've learn to let slide a bit but if it happens like 3 times

in a row then i get pissed.

• Brohoof 1

My name is too common. And yet people misspell it. They add an extra letter because "that's how people spell it". Sometimes I just want to change my name legally so they won't do that anymore lol

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure my name has never been spelled right on someone's first try. It doesn't affect the pronunciation (my name's Garret) but its interesting that everyone thinks the only way to spell it is with two Ts.