Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you when someone spells your name incorrecty

applebaby

Very much so. Its a fairly common name, and there are only two misspellings I have seen, and that bother me immensely. My name is Richard. I've seen people spell it Rickard. And then, the worst of all, Ritchard. It bugs the hell out of me because neither of those are my name... And people spell it that way.

I've never had someone misspell my nickname, because it is an easy one.  But my full first name used to be a unisex name with different spellings for girls and boys.  But somewhere over the years people started giving the boy version to girls so now people sometimes spell it that way.  It does annoy me because I feel like people should know these things!  My parents did, they named me after my great grandfather but were savvy enough to change the spelling because I'm female.

Not that I support having strict gender rules about names, but everyone seems to want to follow them so if you're gonna do that do it right.

Was the thread's title misspelled on purpose? :derp:

But no, it doesn't bother me, because I've just gotten used to it. My name isn't pronounced at all like it's spelled, so yeah.

It does bother me when people pronounce my name wrong though, because sometimes the pronunciations can be a bit embarrassing...

Edited by SparklingSwirls

All I can say is

LMFAO

Because, I don't really care since my name might be the hardest name a lot of teachers and friends of mine had to learn and know how to spell correctly

and my name is JEVGENIY

(pronounced Yevgayni)

Actually no, not at all.

Some People in real life call me Mark and im even to shy to correct them, sometimes.

Maybe i shouldnt speak so silent.

But i never get angry.

I mean, i have never really long contact with anybody anyway.

My name's too short and simple to be misspelt, and there's also a popular cartoon character that everyone knows about with it, so yeah.

My last name is the hard one, it's Italian and I always have to walk people through how to spell it.

My name is Icelandic... so no one has a clue how to pronounce or spell it. :confused:

So, I have been called weird things like; Halti, Alti, Haiti, Jaiti, Hjalmar (This one is at least a real name, but still very far off).

And my last name is just as bad.

I am usually fine with people misspelling it, but as long as they don't think I am named after a state in the caribbean.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Mr. Fluffles

Yes, it bothers me to no end when someone spells my name wrong. People mispronounce my name more often than they misspell it, though, which also bugs me. That being said, I'm less bothered if they don't pronounce it right because others who have my name do go by that pronunciation.

Edited by Quartzy

• 3 years later...

Not really because I'm so used to it. My name is one of those 'unique spelling' ones.

Sometimes, even my best friends can't get it right, surprisingly.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 3

I've learned to laugh about it over time, but I do come across A LOT of people who seem to get confused about the spelling of my name. Even confused as to what it is as well...

So I have the unisex name "Casey". So far I've had the following "interpretations" of my name:

Casy, Kasey, Cassy, Casie, KC, Stacey, Tracy and even Clancy.

Someday it's going to be changed along with my surname, which people struggle with even more.

• Brohoof 1

My name, Katie, is pretty easy to spell so people seldom run into any problems with it. My last name is only one syllable so it doesn't present much of a challenge to anyone either. But if anyone did misspell my name it wouldn't bother me. It really isn't any big deal.

• Brohoof 1

My name's really easy to spell. It's my surname that I got to spell it out to other people cause it has a silent letter in it

My name is very easy to spell, but if you pronounce it in English, it'll be weird.

An animator pronounced my name in English at his stream today, the result is that my name sounded weird in English.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone say my name incorrect, i give up to get angry

My name is "Paulo"

They have call me:

"Pedro"

"João"

"Fernando"

"Henrique"

I can't believe, but they do say my simple name wrong

My name is easy to spell, it's the last name that seems to be a struggle for some reason. My last name is common and seeing it being misspelled is like really?

• 2 months later...

Everyone knows how to spell my name, it's just one of those names everyone knows.

But, if anyone were to misspell it somehow it wouldn't bother me and honestly I probably wouldn't even notice. I don't notice a lot of things. :-P

All the time people misspell my name, but I can't get mad at people, I can only be mad at my parents for purposely giving me the uncommon spelling of such a name. But honestly I would never. :mlp_laugh: I love my name because of how unique it is, and the fact that my parents did the same thing to my sisters, where my name is spelled with a "y" instead of the common "i" and their names are spelled with "ie" instead of the common "y" Much more memorable that way :mlp_please: