Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you when someone spells your name incorrecty

applebaby

Either folks misspell or mispronounce the last name---a name which happens to be double last name. It happens quite frequently. In fact, as a child, I learned to spell my last name from listening to my dad repeat it on the phone.

I'm not sure how they mispronounce the "Connolly" half, however. It's a pretty common Irish name.

It's really pretty hard to spell my name incorrectly as it is such a common name. I did know somebody who has an alternate spelling of the name, though. I'm sure people misspell it all of the time and it drives her crazy. lol Actually, honestly I forget exactly how it was spelled... xD

• Brohoof 1

Yes, which i do not get why to be honest, My last name is Willis and Teachers always seem to pronounce it Wills, it is not that annoying but when it happens multiple times; then it gets annoying and i get a tad angry.

Edited by Shaziik

Well...since my real name is the most simplest and boring ones

It's hard to spell wrong, though I do wanna get my name changed

Because I don;t like the simple one that I have right now

But anyways that's a bit too off-topic

Now back on topic:

I don't know what it's like to have someone spell my name wrong

Since it's never happened to me, due to my name being so short and simple

Sometimes since my name is Ashley, it has only one other (I think) to spell this, which is Ashleigh. Some people (my stupid little brother and sister) spell it like Ashlea. And they are 10. Ten I tell you! I am bothered when people call me Ashy. I respect Ash, but not Ashy. Don't sound right. There is also a girl in my class named Limya. Some people spell it Lima because the way people pronounce it. You pronounce it like this,(La-mi-ya). I feel sorry for her.

My name is not very common, so I'm used to people not knowing how to spell it at first. But once people know how to spell it, it's so simple that they don't forget. There definitely was one time that got me annoyed, though it wasn't because they spelled my name wrong. In fact, they didn't spell it wrong at all! 

It was some thing for school, and the person writing the letter thing had never seen me before. So, whoever it was based my gender off my name. And they got it WRONG! happy.png

It was so funny and annoying at the same time! laugh.png

It has before, just a little bit. I don't let it bother me too much. I know that my name can be spelled a different way, and while it's not a way that I prefer it's not a big deal since those that misspell it don't know how I spell my name anyway.

It doesn't really bother me, but it just bothers me a bit that no matter how many times I tell them how it's spelled correctly, they still spell it wrong. :P My last name is somewhat common, but the typical way to spell it is different from how MY last name really is spelled. So of course people spell it wrong. 

It doesn't really bother me, I just get slightly annoyed when people spell it wrong over and over even though I've told them millions of times how to spell it. 

Yes, it completely bothers me because my name is two freaking letters long! Ky. KY. How do you misspell Ky?! People always spell it either "Kye" or "Ki." I understand "Kye," because there's another guy at my high school named Kye who is everyone's friend, but the "Ki" I really don't. Also, no-one except my close friends know that "Ky" is short for my real name, Kyler. xD

I am extremely annoyed at how fellow Christians can't even pronounce my last name correctly, especially since it was taken from an Israelite tribe. They say "Naph-ta-LIE" when it should be Naphtali (Like Lee in a Korean last name) Some people even misspell it too even though it's clearly in the Bible! My parents adopted this last name because the Indonesian government at the time (Suharto was in power) demanded that no Chinese surnames be allowed and because this last name sounded Indonesian enough.

Naw, I'm not at all annoyed when some folks misspell my name or surname. Why, you might ask? Because a) there are few people that know me and b ) I like how my name/surname sounds when misspelled, it's so cute (If I do say so myself).

Edited by Freckle

My last name, I don't even expect to be right. I start spelling immediately after I say it. Force of habit, since it's a difficult last name.

For my first name, it depends. My first name has a number of spellings, so for a stranger, unless I specify, it's basically up to the person to guess. (Even though my name IS the original spelling, but >.>;; ) For whatever reason, though, a lot of members of my family tend to spell my name wrong. It's like, come on. You've known me for how long? You'd think you'd get it right after the first 20 years. That says to me "I don't really care enough about this person to bother to get to know one of the most basic things about them." Which is kinda crappy to have to think about on, say, your birthday.

Yes. Get it right, people! My name's Arylett, not Arylette, Arlette, or Arlyett! >< 

I get that quite a bit. Then my last name gets misspelled all the time too and I constantly have to tell people how to spell it. Stupid weird foreign last name.

It's fairly difficult to spell my real name wrong, only my surname has a different spelling that's also spread around the country, but not by a whole lot. When it comes to the internet though... I'm not really all that bothered when my non-brony alias' name is spelled incorrectly unless it's like: "heiz dud3 can u tel me wer to dawnload this game?", but my friends, oh God. They're the biggest grammar nazis you could possibly meet. They always want people to spell certain letters in their names in capital, but I always want to spell mine in lower case, so that's not confusing at all...(I want people to treat me like I'm worthless and that's where the lower case comes in)

You would not believe how many have misspelled and miss pronounced my last name. Well, it is a German last name, but my point still stands!

Even the first bit of my username seems to confuse some. Some calling me "Still" when it is "Sill"

Oh well, even though it does bother me a little more than it should. I guess you just can't really help it.

Well my name is Josh. So it is kind of impossible for anyone to get my first name wrong. It's never happened before at least. But I tend to get sorta angry when people call me "Joshua" I tend to politely correct them though. But, the name I can't stand is when people call me "Joshie" OHHHHH, that name just makes my blood boil. There was one girl in my school that called me that Years ago, starting to think she just did it , to get a rise out of me.

My first name and nickname are hard to mispronounce/spell but as for my last name... i've to in most cases correct them. I'm not too annoyed by it to be honest. :)

Then we've those who intentionally spell your name differently for a good laugh. :P  *No names*

I don't personally mind because my name most of the time is misspelled with a different letter than what it really is supposed to be. 

Probably I don't mind because of this fact that I am used to it or such. :P

I get kinda mixed feelings in this, i hate it but sometimes i cant really blame them i mean i have a very common name for where i live, but mine is spell't differently to the others with the same name by only removing one letter, then again it annoys me a lot of the time because its not hard to ask me how i spell it or understand that I've told them before how to spell it, BUT the main thing that i absolutely hate about it is when they pronounce my name wrong by adding a Y half way through it making it a completely differently spell't name, that is what i mainly get annoyed with.  

Yes quite so, my first name is spelled Daaren and yes it is odd... but i mean there have been people who spelled it Daoren... like seriously is it that hard to remember that my name has an extra A? I understand the first time it happens but when it keeps on coming it gets very, very annoying! So i usually have people issue me with my nickname (penguin)

Edited by Arcticbloom

eh, i get annoyed when members of my own family, can't spell my name correctly...and it's not really hard to spell either...they just add an extra letter or two, when there isn't any extra at all. course it's been like this, off and on, over the years, so like i said, it just annoys me really. :derp:

Edited by Avalionis

My name is very rarely misspelled, so I don't have to worry about it. It does, however, bug me a bit when people spell my username "EvilShy" instead of "Evilshy". That doesn't happen much either, though.