Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An Interesting But Yet Perplexing Chain of Events

Colon Leftbracket

[This is majorly a "vent thread." I've been writing these a lot lately, but then deciding to never post them, if you are reading this, that means I decided I wanted feed back.]

Yesterday was... confusing.

I woke up in the afternoon well rested, but I felt different... I had one of my "Moods" again.

If you never heard of my description of my "Moods" I'll describe it for you.

My "Moods" are usually when I wake up and feel like a completely different person. Usually I am quiet, calmed, and a bit depressed, but this morning (and few random mornings before) I went into a mental condition I can only call an "extreme mood swing!" This morning I felt very uncharacteristically great. I was the "Happy, Anti-Dylan" while most of the time I'm a slightly depressed "Original Dylan." I felt so excited for absolutely no reason at all! I had such and optimistic outlook on EVERYTHING! I was rather loud and obnoxious. I wouldn't shut up being excited over nothing with the utmost optimism! I felt like I could fly!

To put it in simple turns, I am normally Fluttershy, but this morning I became Pinkie Pie for no reason at all! :P

This happens to me randomly with no explanation at all. Absolutely nothing can happen and I'll feel so happy about it. I've spoken to a few friends about it who have said when I am in one of these "moods" it is like talking to a whole new person!

Sadly within hours this mindset was short lived and I went back to my depressed ways. I dealt with this all day, but then suddenly I went into what I'd describe as another "Mood" but this one the opposite which makes me more depressed than usual, the complete opposite of the one I felt this morning. Akin to this morning's "Mood" I have absolutely no idea why I feel this way, what triggered such feelings, or how to stop it.

I'm not sure if this falls under some other already existing mental disorder or if this my mind being VERY unique (which it tends to do a lot from the norm). I do though know that I cannot control these "Moods" and when they happen.

These powerful "Mood swings" scare me because of how extreme they tend to be. I can wake up viewing the world as a beautiful place only to want it all destroyed including myself at sundown! :(

So I guess this is where you Bronies extend your advice and words of wisdom. You share your support for me like you'd do for anyother pony. The one thing I really do LOVE about this fandom. Your love can only get me so far but I believe it should be enough for now.

Anyway I'm sure this problem won't go away anytime soon, seeing that it seems to be a repeating mental condition, but you guys' love and support can certainly help deal with it until it goes away!

Love to my Bronies! <3

That sounds like an almost textbook description of a manic state. Have you seen a psychologist about your mental issues? It's possible you may have bipolar disorder or something else fairly similar. For example, Borderline Personality Disorder can sometimes cause similar symptoms, though granted to a much lesser degree than true bipolar disorder.

You definitely want to speak to a psychologist if you can. They can be rather helpful, believe me. I speak from personal experience.

I can't offer any better advice than the posters above me, a pyschologist is great for these sort of things (that is how I got over my counting OCD).

I know your pain Colton... I guess the best you can do is to have a conversation with a psychologist, though I don‘t know if it will help because I never talked to one in the past.

I asked a professional what he would do if he had a patient with a condition like yours. He said he would send them to a physician to have have them get a medication prescription, and start Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which is pretty much think how you would like to fell until you really feel that way.

That sounds like an almost textbook description of a manic state. Have you seen a psychologist about your mental issues? It's possible you may have bipolar disorder or something else fairly similar. For example, Borderline Personality Disorder can sometimes cause similar symptoms, though granted to a much lesser degree than true bipolar disorder.

You definitely want to speak to a psychologist if you can. They can be rather helpful, believe me. I speak from personal experience.

It sounds like Bipolar Disorder to me. It is a condition caused by the brain not getting enough of a chemical called Serotonin (I think, I'm no expert. It could be a problem with receptors not recognizing the chemical, not lack of chemical. I'm not sure). Depression is when you sometimes feel more depressed than usual. Bipolar Disorder is when you have days of derpession, and manic days where you are happier than usual. I think I may have a minor case of Bipolar Disorder (it runs in my family).

WOW I was REALLY tired when I wrote this so sorry for grammar mistakes, I practically wrote this in my sleep, though this is an issue I really needed to get off my chest I suppose.

I asked a professional what he would do if he had a patient with a condition like yours. He said he would send them to a physician to have have them get a medication prescription, and start Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which is pretty much think how you would like to fell until you really feel that way.

Well thanks for that. Didn't really expect anyone to actually go out and ask a professional.

Thanks for all your advice everypony. I guess I should strongly consider talking to a professional about this and perhaps other issues. Though seeking professional help is NOT something I typically do. I don't exactly know why but I have some irrational fear or something to get professional help. Perhaps I should really put such silly feelings aside and get some help.

Anyway thanks for the feedback though.