Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Miss About Being a Kid

~Vallo~

I suppose what I miss most is not having to work/pay for anything :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

I miss where I didn’t have to really think too far ahead in life, where the most I would always look forward to was Friday so I could watch cartoons on Cartoon Network’s Friday show.

I wouldn’t dare watch that much TV back to back now :awwthanks:.

Things were simpler. All I had to worry about was making good grades :P . Just going with the flow.... 

• Brohoof 2

Simplicity. Even the smallest things in the adult world have so many steps to them that are easy to not know about, yet have terrible consequences if you don't know about them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly...not much. I have next to no good memories of my childhood. In high school I had some incredible friends that I'm still in touch with now, as well as being a favorite among teachers, but that hasn't really changed in college now. I don't think I'd want any of my past childhood years back. My parents both died before I was 18, so I kinda got used to being on my own and taking care of myself. Now I'm just treated with more respect as an adult. It's a lot better now. These are years I cherish. :grin:

On 12/2/2013 at 3:03 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

There is nothing I really miss about being a kid. Sure, wasn't all that bad but all the things I wanted to I could only do at my age so being a kid was a bit restrictive. So I like just being my age.

Yo there you are I remember having replied to this thread turns out it was seven years ago nice. Though same reply actually, I'm enjoying myself much more now haha.

• Brohoof 2

I miss being able to freely play with my toys. Also those Saturday mornings where I would take my quilt cover downstairs and lay on the sofa to watch cartoons all day with all the snacks I wanted. Also just playing SNES game after SNES game.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Also just playing SNES game after SNES game.

That wasn't allowed in our house. Video games were the most damaging, so only one hour per day >_>

1 minute ago, Super Splashee said:

I am scared for life. Too little video game exposure at childhood leads to an adult life making video games 100% of my time :blink:

I mean a lot of games for you to catch up on right haha.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I mean a lot of games for you to catch up on right haha.

But that's the thing, I don't know how to play. One hour per day didn't teach me how to press the buttons.... :ph3ar: Who am I kidding. I am a Tetris Grandmaster, I know how to press buttons fast. (though I see only tetris blocks at night). Maybe my parents were right about me, to keep me away from those dangerous blocks?

I kinda miss being a kid, at least my later teen years. I could do physical work all day and still feel invincible. Fast forward to 30 and my damn back, wrists, shoulders, and right ankle ache after doing such work. I'm gonna need a rebuild kit before I hit 50!  :Cozy:

Ok, I'm done ranting. Makes me sound old and grouchy  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Not worrying about bills was great. Especially during these times where the postal service is delayed to death and bills you paid aren’t arriving on time. And the companies, despite knowing this, aren’t working with you/slapping on fees and threats. Can’t magically make it appear on your desk buddy. 

This will sound really weird, but I miss the smell of other houses :P You'd go round to a friend's house to play and it'd have a smell, and I always associated that with the fun of going to a new environment to play. As an adult I tended (pre-lockdown) to meet people in pubs and not go back to their house and I never just hung-out in another adult's place. 

• Brohoof 1

Things were simpler. No thoughts about future, no worrying about finals and university, no thoughts on what I want to be in this life, etc. All I wanted is to play Minecraft or other interesting games with friends after school. Too bad I understand this only now, back than my distant dream was to finally end school. Now I'm graduating in 5 months and that's pretty terrifying