Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At least Hasbro isn't giving hedgehogs handguns.

Jammo

Count you blessings. This is change, but still a change that fits the shows universe and we're still getting new pony with the same great writing team. The uncertainty is scary yes, but I have enough faith after 3 seasons of mostly quality that it won't destroy everything that's good about MLP. I think bronies should look at all this show has given us and compare it to other fanbases and see how fractured they are. Some fanbases (coughSoniccough) that they are pretty much beyond repair)

Now when they started adding big action scenes where Ponyville erupts in civil war, an entire season focused on Granny Smith, Rainbow Dash turns out to be an alien who has to leave to repair her home planet or otherwise REALLY bad ideas pop up episode after episode I think the fandom is more entitled to complain.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 2

You're right, it could be much worse. Although, an entire season on Granny Smith could work if it was about a young Granny smith and the early Ponyville. It would have to be a bit of a spin off series but it could still work...

(Edit, just figured out what you meant by the title, cut me some slack I've never played Sonic)

Edited by Firelord Derpy

• 3 weeks later...

wait, so.... Shadow having guns was a bad thing?

i completely disagree, sure it's sort of pointless considering he can shoot energy beams out of his hands and manipulate time with chaos control, but other than that it really wasn't a big deal. 

At least their not like Marvel and DC where there are such a multitude of alternate stories for their characters that it's impossible to tell which one is the original deal.

• Brohoof 1

I actually liked the Shadow the Hedgehog game.

But apart from that, I fully agree your sentiments. MLP has been going strong for three seasons with only a few hiccups, so I doubt the whole Twilicorn business is nearly going to be the death knell for the show.

I think this atmosphere of extreme pessimism is mostly unfounded. People just see bad things (a couple of poor episodes (which isn't anything new, if I recall correctly Over the Barrel was pretty poorly received and people were dissappointed with Best Night Ever), Derpygate, Twilicorn, and Fighting is Magic hoopla) and all they can see is the coming of the end, while missing out on how the series is still pretty damn good.

• Brohoof 1

Hey! I liked Shadow the Hedgehog! I don't really know why I did, but I did! (Looking back now, the game has not aged well, but that's neither here nor there)

I don't know, for me I feel like unless Twilight loses her Alicorn status after the season 4 premiere  the dynamic of the show will be thrown off. I mean, Twilight is going to outlive all of her friends now, and that will throw a wrench in their magic friendship when 1000 years from now she's got nobody but Celestia and Luna and maybe Spike, depending on his life span. I don't view it as the death toll for the show, but I view it as a strain. This show wasn't named the "Twilight Sparkle Show" for a reason.

Whatever, what do I know? I'm just a random Brony. Obriously the writers know what they're doing with this, they wouldn't drive their pride and joy into the ground on purpose and break the hearts of thousands of little girls and bronies worldwide. 

I am completely willing to give the new show a chance. I'm honestly pretty excited about it and can't wait for the premiere.

If I feel like it is a bomb, I just won't watch it. I have a feeling if it is that bad, it won't last that long. I think most people are just afraid that this will be the end of MLP as we know it. Honestly, I feel like it is going to come to an end sooner than later and, as much as that would break my heart, I'll just cherish it as it was when it ran and continue to support the fandom for as long as it runs. There is no use in worrying the good times away.

• 7 years later...

I thought about you @Pastel Heart, while reading this. I have never accepted Shadow The Hedgehog as a Sonic game, but hearing you talk about it in such a positive way made me change my mind. :coco:

The Twilight Alicorn wars sure are creeping me out. This forum is a battle zone with many "last visited 2013" users.