Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will King Sombra Come Back?

Splodge Inks

Nope......Meghan confirmed that he is dead and won't be coming back.    Good Riddance, i didn't like that character, tbh.

The comics have retconned that statement, however.

Nooo. He's dead. He freakish blew up like the Death Star. Ain't nobody coming back from that.

Majin Buu servived exploding!

Yeah, but the TV show universe Sombra will no longer be evil will he? Because everything in the AU is opposite to the TV show universe!

That's not how it works.  The similarities was caused by Celestia constantly visitting the Sombra-verse.  When Sombra absorbed the dark magic from the pony sisters, he made the three of them to similar to their dopplegangers.  It was like pushing two possitive charges together.

Nope... for the same reasons i think Queen Chrysalis should return. I have read somewhere that the holes the changelings have in their legs are symbols of them being incomplete. The adittion of another species in the MLP verse or the exploration of an old one would be VERY VERY interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a slight chance of him coming back, but I highly doubt he will. It really looked like he was dead. Also, trixie is returning in equestria girls: rainbow rocks, if that counts.

• 3 weeks later...

Nooo. He's dead. He freakin blew up like the Death Star. Ain't nobody coming back from that.

Must I remind you all that Sombra's creators stated that he was based on Lord Sauron from The Lord of the Rings? Did getting blown up like the Death Star stop him?

Must I remind you all that Sombra's creators stated that he was based on Lord Sauron from The Lord of the Rings? Did getting blown up like the Death Star stop him?

Idk, haven't seen LOTR :squee:

Well if a certain Goat Necromancer pops his head into season five like I think he is going too then maybe he could bring back Sombra as a minion

img-2984633-1-grogar_sass_by_peachiekeen

That fits pretty well into my head-canon with Grogar being Morgoth/Melkor and Sombra being Sauron. Awesome. XD

That fits pretty well into my head-canon with Grogar being Morgoth/Melkor and Sombra being Sauron. Awesome. XD

I would love to see a real battle between Grogar and Discord. Not this bs sucking out his powers but a real battle like Tirek and Twilight had. You know that would be epic.

gen_1_vs_gen_4_by_stalinthestallion-d572

I would love to see a real battle between Grogar and Discord. Not this bs sucking out his powers but a real battle like Tirek and Twilight had. You know that would be epic.

While that would be interesting, I think have Grogar really outsmart Discord and maybe tear him down emotionally would be a little more fulfilling.

tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o2_1280.jpg

rpmeF.jpg

tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o4_1280.jpg

img-2635250-1-W1AuS.jpg

• Brohoof 1

While that would be interesting, I think have Grogar really outsmart Discord and maybe tear him down emotionally would be a little more fulfilling.

tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o2_1280.jpg

rpmeF.jpg

tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o4_1280.jpg

img-2635250-1-W1AuS.jpg

Tirek already sort of did that, I woukd like to see conviction and purpose behind Discords reform. Yes the mental games woukd be fun but Discord breaking through it to fight for his friends (mostly flutters) would show real growth.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek already sort of did that, I woukd like to see conviction and purpose behind Discords reform. Yes the mental games woukd be fun but Discord breaking through it to fight for his friends (mostly flutters) would show real growth.

Fair point, though I really have a hard time seeing Discord being in any sort of battle. In Return of Harmony, the only time he was ever in a direct confrontation was when he put a target on his chest.

Though I do agree, Discord could use some good development as the Tirek arc seems to have cemented him on the side of the good guys now.

Fair point, though I really have a hard time seeing Discord being in any sort of battle. In Return of Harmony, the only time he was ever in a direct confrontation was when he put a target on his chest.

Though I do agree, Discord could use some good development as the Tirek arc seems to have cemented him on the side of the good guys now.

That is because he has had no need to be in a physical conflict, Discord is an immortal reality shifting powerhouse who is used to just playing around. He has never taken anything really serious. Get someone like him furiously focused on one formidable target and you got yourself some major fireworks about to happen.

That is because he has had no need to be in a physical conflict, Discord is an immortal reality shifting powerhouse who is used to just playing around. He has never taken anything really serious. Get someone like him furiously focused on one formidable target and you got yourself some major fireworks about to happen.

Another fair point.

We'll see what happens. I still hope one of either Sombra or Grogar to make an appearance, and I think the latter would be especially interesting if any interaction with Discord happens.

• Brohoof 1

I hope that he comes back. He was so badass!

He also didn't have the chance to express any character (aside from being evil).

I have a MLP FiM trading card (I don't collect them. It was a gift) and the card is King Sombra

On the back, it reads:

"Some say that his horn survived his defeat, but only time will tell if he will ever return".

post-14906-0-01732300-1408163280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Royal Samurott

I would like to see King Sombra come back becase I wolud like to see more of his powers and some of his back ground history. I would like to see Queen Chrysalis and her army make a come back it would be nice to see more on them. Then theres Gilda I would like to see what shes been up to. Then you cant go wrong with Flim and Flam and all the trouble they make. I know Trixie in not a villain now but I like her alot and I want to see how shes growing and what new things she learned.

I also think this pic of King Sombra is EPIC!

post-29029-0-51506100-1408168932_thumb.jpg

The lesser evil of course. I would have Sombra over Tirek any day, at least Sombra was bad in a more subtle way. On the other hand, Tirek was bad in your face. It was like "Look at this lack of character development. Look at how poorly written I am. Do you like it?" No more, for the love of Celestia.

So instead of bringing back another shallow Villain, they should bring back Sombra instead, along with some background story of course.

• 1 month later...

I hope that he comes back. He was so badass!

He also didn't have the chance to express any character (aside from being evil).

I have a MLP FiM trading card (I don't collect them. It was a gift) and the card is King Sombra

On the back, it reads:

"Some say that his horn survived his defeat, but only time will tell if he will ever return".

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Excuse me good sir, but this hunch of yours intrigues me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpRBLkgcBo

Edited by Harmony.exe

I hope he will, i have seen a lot of different backstories filled in by fans, from being a dark sided Starswirl to him being a former student of Celestia, since he was a blank slate and just filled in the role of the threat that was closing in slowly, the writers still can do a lot there. With him came the introduction of dark magic and i just feel there's more to be explored in that field. Stranger things have happened than the sudden reappearance of a presumed dead character.

His horn (which came out unscathed) is often being brought up. And with good reason, it grew back after all.

If Sombra himself will never return, his legacy may still be an interesting plotline. The forbidden studies of magic has a lot of potential. I often thought that one of the main 6 being turned into a temporary villain (no possession) might be an interesting turn of events, like Twilight.

• 4 weeks later...

img-2984919-1-tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o2

img-2984919-2-rpmeF.jpg

img-2984919-3-tumblr_m3i6352crc1ru5991o4

img-2635250-1-W1AuS.jpg

Do you have a link for that comic? It seems awesome.