Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will King Sombra Come Back?

Splodge Inks

Do you have a link for that comic? It seems awesome.

Well, that part of the comic was only the four images, but here is the link it came from.

http://discorderlyconduct.tumblr.com

Though to find THAT comic, you have to go here: http://discorderlyconduct-classic.tumblr.com

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, sir, you are awsome.

No a problem. Glad I could help. :)

I wasn't talking about that...O.o I was talking about the thread subject.

I'm one of the few who believes there is a chance he can be brought back. I mean yeah, he was literally blown to pieces and we have that clip of the head writer (forgot which one) stating as such, though I didn't take it as being entirely serious. Plus, if the writers wanted to I think they could find a way.

I'm not saying that they would actually want to, but this Sombra fan kinda hopes for it. ;)

• Brohoof 1

On 10/19/2014 at 8:49 PM, Asbel Lhant said:

People are still discussing this? *facehoof* As much as I think he should get more development he's dead. So he won't be coming back.

Dead =/= automatically unable to resurrect.

Edited by A.V.

• 3 years later...

I actually would like to see him again, as before his character has not really been shown. He was just a mindless monster in season 3, but there has to be more than that. Of all the major villains, he is the least developed. 

I would do a lot of things for King Sombra to return. In terms of intelligence he is by far the best villain, he was a intimidating force rather than a in your face "haha I won" villain like Chrysalis or Discord. He played everyone without even having to. While the comics aren't canon, I would love to see him have a personality similar to the one he had in Fiendship.

Spoiler

With Chrysalis and Tirek returning in season 8 I would love to see the TRUE Pony of Shadows return to reclaim his crown.

5 hours ago, A.V. said:

Siege Of The Crystal Empire (main comics #34-37, and the sequel to FIENDship) already covered that.

This, and the older comics like that don't really foreshadow the show anyway, and that whole arc may as well not existed so Sombra is at this point in the timeline, dead.

10 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

This, and the older comics like that don't really foreshadow the show anyway, and that whole arc may as well not existed so Sombra is at this point in the timeline, dead.

So far, the only thing that's been outright retconned is FIENDship #3.

Everything else still falls under the category of "canon if you want it to be."

20 minutes ago, A.V. said:

So far, the only thing that's been outright retconned is FIENDship #3.

Everything else still falls under the category of "canon if you want it to be."

I don't really want to get into comic canon, but what happens in the COTCE arc doesn't make sense with the show, Chrysalis being a primary antagonist mainly, as well as Flim/Flam and Iron Will

2 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Flim/Flam and Iron Will

To be fair, their (and Lightning Dust's) roles in SOTCE were so pointless and throwaway, I just assume everypony forgot all about their involvement.

Edited by A.V.

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

To be fair, their (and Lightning Dust's) roles in SOTCE were so pointless and throwaway, I just assume everypony forgot all about their involvement.

Except for Chrysalis, who makes no sense in that arc considering the season 6 finale (and they mention the first comic with Chrysalis, also non canon)

53 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Except for Chrysalis,

But I didn't mention her as one of the "pointless and throwaway" roles; in fact, she was almost as important as Hope and Sombra.

Edited by A.V.

55 minutes ago, A.V. said:

But I didn't mention her as one of the "pointless and throwaway" roles; in fact, she was almost as important as Hope and Sombra.

I know, poor wording on my part.

Point is Chrysalis being so important and integral to that story is the main reason it can't really be considered canon, it could make sense if it weren't for the season 6 finale.

3 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I know, poor wording on my part.

Point is Chrysalis being so important and integral to that story is the main reason it can't really be considered canon, it could make sense if it weren't for the season 6 finale.

I rather had the seige being played in the show, with only Radiant Hope and without the Sombra being saved. 

• 11 months later...

The biggest tease ever were all of his bio from the merchandising lines such as the Elements of Harmony Guidebooks, The Art of Equestria, as well as the 1st series trading card games were told that he is "Repelled" and not destroyed* Basically, he's fucking banished. That, and the infamous email leaks details his return in next season.