Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favourite board game?

Up From The Ashes

30 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite board game?

• Monopoly
    • Risk
    • Axis & Allies
    • Chess
    • Checkers
    • Sorry!
    • The Game of LIFE
    • Other

Outside the realm of video games is the traditional board games which allow time for friends and family to get together and have a wonderful time playing a simple game. It promotes social enhancement and brings harmony and love to every game.

Not really, it usually ends up like this:

Flip-this-table-Jesus-style.jpg

But for me, if I want to "enjoy" a relaxing board game, I choose the good ol' Monopoly board. Tearing families and friends apart since 1933.

• Brohoof 3

Easy, When I get away from video games and want a relaxing board game, I play 3 dimensional chess.

Tri-DimensionalChess.jpgNothing says relaxing like that...
EDIT: though if I chose one from that list, I'd pick either Risk or monopoly

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 3

Hey! Where's the pokemon master trainer board game >:\

Ok seriously, chess all the way! It is definitely not a "relaxing" game for me though, there is so much thought process and strategy involved. This is why I love it though, it's a true battle of wits and I love watching a game between two skilled players.

Edited by Celtore

I'm still learning how to play it, but Go is a pretty fucking fun game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

The link does just not want to fucking work

In a way it's a bit like Othello/Reversi, only way more complex. It takes some time to learn, but once you know how to play, it's awesome.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 1

Well I voted for Chess and Monopoly. But Monopoly is my favorite. I love monopoly and I have never lost a game in it. Best game ever <3

Gomoku (Five in a Row). Quite simple, you have a board and some counters, place a counter on a square one at a time, try to get five in a row.

It's wit, trickery and tactics at its simplest and most entertaining. I love my Gomoku set.

I grew up playing Scrabble against my grandmother and I'm always playing quite frequently. Although, I haven't played too much Chess until right now. Still itching for some Chess; it's a great game. Chinese Checkers, Chess, Scrabble...oh ya! Another great game I've played, but really wish I played more... was Pictionary.  A lot of yelling, but fun.  

Unfortunately, some people don't even know how to play some board games. >_>

Space Hulk! All those hours spent blasting Genestealers. Fun times. And when Games Workshop rereleased Space Hulk, it got even better. 

m410442a_60010699001_ENSHBoxFront_445x31

Edited by Ion
  • Brohoof 3

I have to say Pandemic! It is an awesome cooperative board game where you and a friend(s) take different roles to stop diseases from killing everyone. It is incredibly fun and very unpredictable. I highly suggest trying it out if you can.

img-1211946-1-pandemic-show-case-91.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Othello/Reversi

^ One of my favorites. Love that game.

Other than that, I'm a Scrabble nut, and enjoy playing Sorry! with a modified ruleset involving two players each controlling two colors, multiple draws, and so forth. Came up with it with a friend of mine, adds a few new strategic elements that place emphasis on aggression and being a dick to the other player - very nice.

I'm also absolutely obsessed with Dominion, though it's a card game rather than board game. I'm rubbish at it, but enjoy it quite a fair bit. I own the base game, and sometimes play it online when able.

• Brohoof 1

I always enjoyed playing Heroscape back when I was younger. I liked the fact that you could have a unique experience everytime you played based on how the board was arranged. It's a shame it was axed by Hasbro in favor of Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering.

img-1215223-1-Picture083.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I love Monopoly like a madman but nopony plays it with me anymore because I always win. I don't love it because I win though - I even try super risky strategies that can make me lose. Oh well...

Connect four and othello are my favorites that I can still play with others. Ever played connect four against a computer though? It's impossible to win. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Talisman is by far my favorite boardgame, it takes a lot of time to finish but it's just one of those games that swallows you into it you know? Also like warhammer a lot!

Always looking for more games like talisman so if anyone has any good ideas pleas your welcome to send me a message ;)

My absolute favorite shall stay a secret >: D

My favorites have to be chess, checkers, sorry, monopoly, clue, pokemon master trainer, pandemic, and pretty much every board game that exists because its nice to leave technology and play any board game to have some original fun

Talisman is by far my favorite boardgame, it takes a lot of time to finish but it's just one of those games that swallows you into it you know? Also like warhammer a lot!

Always looking for more games like talisman so if anyone has any good ideas pleas your welcome to send me a message ;)

You may want to check this card game dominion out its fun and not hard to learn

However it is very difficult to master but either way its fun

• Brohoof 1

I wish I still owned my pokemon master board game, but my mom had said it was "Junk" a few years back, just because it was missing a few pokemon, so she got rid of it. Risk is pretty fun as well, as long as you control Australia.

@@Twinhead B,

Whoa talk about a amazing board game :o!!! Love the room that is in very cool. But my goodness just take a look at that it is huge! Bet that game is loads of fun to play. 

T'was a fun game to play despite how long it'd take to set it up. I believe Hasbro still produces the original master sets and expansions, but nothing new has been made for it for a couple years.

Even still, it was a good way to spend a rainy afternoon with some friends/family, and didn't require the kind of time or dedication that D&D does. You could just set it up, allocate units and being playing in a matter of minutes, no muss or fuss worrying about character builds or dungeon scenario briefings.

My absolute favorite shall stay a secret >: D

My favorites have to be chess, checkers, sorry, monopoly, clue, pokemon master trainer, pandemic, and pretty much every board game that exists because its nice to leave technology and play any board game to have some original fun

You may want to check this card game dominion out its fun and not hard to learn

However it is very difficult to master but either way its fun

Thanks, I'll surely take a look at in when I have some spare time. And I like difficult games, don't mind what they are so thank again! ;)

Thanks, I'll surely take a look at in when I have some spare time. And I like difficult games, don't mind what they are so thank again! ;)

there are also expansion packs for that game that add cards of higher tier

Ex. In the game the currency is coin and there's copper gold and tin or something else and there's an expansion pack that adds platinum

• Brohoof 1

Chess, Risk, and call me old school but I also like playing Chutes and Ladders. 

Easy, When I get away from video games and want a relaxing board game, I play 3 dimensional chess.

img-1211777-1-Tri-DimensionalChess.jpgNothing says relaxing like that...

EDIT: though if I chose one from that list, I'd pick either Risk or monopoly

Star Trek for the win.

Star Trek Trivia: 3-Dimensional Chess has been in the Star Trek franchise since the second episode of Star Trek: The Original Series and has been seen in both Next Generation and Deep Space 9 as well.

Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 1

I have to say Pandemic! It is an awesome cooperative board game where you and a friend(s) take different roles to stop diseases from killing everyone. It is incredibly fun and very unpredictable. I highly suggest trying it out if you can.

img-1211946-1-pandemic-show-case-91.jpg

I just recently bought that game. I've been playing it as much as possible, with my brothers. I'm hooked! It's great fun, but usually ends with everyone dead.  ^_^ It easilys ranks as my favourite board game. Now I just need to find a place that sells the expansion pack...