Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favourite board game?

Up From The Ashes

30 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite board game?

• Monopoly
    • Risk
    • Axis & Allies
    • Chess
    • Checkers
    • Sorry!
    • The Game of LIFE
    • Other

Chess, straight away. Me and my Granddad play it every Christmas, and every time I get down to his house. He's a highly proficient player, and has taken on a few Grandmasters in his time. I can only hope to be as good as that man one day.

Funny. I don't recall him ever speaking about BEATING a Grandmaster.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I am going to play one other person, I prefer checkers. (I don't know how to play chess, but will sometime, etherwise I would say chess) Though if I am in a group, Monopoly is the way to go.

• 10 years later...

Risk is good because it’s probably the only game that uses 100% strategy; no dice, nothing random or based on luck. But my favorite is Dungeons and Dragons, if you consider that a board game. It uses dice, paper materials and sometimes even little character tokens as an option, so I think of it as a physical game that fits the category.

I really wish I had somebody to play board games with. :( I play them online but it's not the same. The one I play most is Takenoko.

Takenoko - Your bamboo garden awaits - The Board Game Family

On 2013-02-25 at 2:54 PM, Kyoshi said:

I have to say Pandemic! It is an awesome cooperative board game where you and a friend(s) take different roles to stop diseases from killing everyone. It is incredibly fun and very unpredictable. I highly suggest trying it out if you can.

img-1211946-1-pandemic-show-case-91.jpg

I've only played once(didn't win) but it's a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Risk is good because it’s probably the only game that uses 100% strategy; no dice, nothing random or based on luck. But my favorite is Dungeons and Dragons, if you consider that a board game. It uses dice, paper materials and sometimes even little character tokens as an option, so I think of it as a physical game that fits the category.

Chess, checkers, and lots of other games are pure strategy.

I've never played any roleplaying games but they sound fun. Though also really time consuming and kind of scary since they basically involve acting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chess is my absolute favourite. I enjoy the strategy and sense of structure that it holds. But for other, more modern boardgames -- I've had a lot of fun with group ones like Werewolf and the like. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-06-25 at 11:33 AM, Theautisticrebel said:

Candyland has always been my favorite board game.

I like candyland too because it's easy :fluttershy::blush:

Also, some card games like Uno I enjoy a lot

Games like chess are too much brain power for me. Too much thinking involved, it's not healthy for little iglooshy :please:

• 3 months later...