Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Deserves More Screentime?

Stalliongrad

Who Deseves More Screentime?  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want To Have More Screentime?

• Princess Luna
    • Octavia
    • Vinyl Scratch
    • Lyra
    • Bon Bon
    • The Great And Powerful Trixie
    • Daring Do
    • Braeburn
    • The Spa Ponies
    • Derpy
    • Spitfire, The Wonderbolts
    • Chief Thunderhooves
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Discord
    • Lightning Dust
    • Zecora
    • Mayor Mare
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Princess Celestia
    • Other
  2. 2. Who Deserves a Speaking Role?

• Octavia
    • Vinyl Scratch
    • More Derpy
    • Daring Do
    • Other

I love the Mane 6 but some of the background characters are so interesting i think they should get at least part of an episode. I'm almost tempted to say in some episodes the background characters are more interesting than the Mane 6. There are some background ponies i would love to see have interaction with the mane 6. I can't get Octavia and Rarity enjoying the spa together out of my head. Maybe Rainbow Dash goes out on her own and gets lost, and the only person who can help her is none other than Daring Do! Who do you want to have more screentime? Or if they have screentime, who do you want at least to get a "Derpyesque" speaking role?

img-1212502-1-image104822672444-fc-550x5

Edited by EQRoyalGuardSGT
  • Brohoof 5

I noticed a disturbing lack of Doctor Whooves on this poll. I expect you to correct it.

I think it would be nice to see more Discord, but he's already got three episode. I voted for Luna, since she is pretty much Celestia's equal, but has never gotten as much focus.

• Brohoof 2

I noticed a disturbing lack of Doctor Whooves on this poll. I expect you to correct it.

I think it would be nice to see more Discord, but he's already got three episode. I voted for Luna, since she is pretty much Celestia's equal, but has never gotten as much focus.

How could I forget the Doctor!! I will correct this right away. He's even in the picture i put there. That right there goes to show how much of a Derp I really Am ;)

I think the ponies that deserve a lot of screentime are: Princess Luna, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Spitfire + The Wonderbolts, The Great and Powerful Trixie, and Lyra.

Octavia and Vinyl Scratch really do need a speaking role.

If there was a background pony version of the Mane 6 it should have these 6 ponies:

Octavia

Vinyl Scratch

Lyra

Bon Bon

Dr.Whooves

Derpy Whooves

• Brohoof 2

Trixie always needs more screen time.

Where's Celestia? She needs way more screen time. She's the ruler of Equestria for ponies' sake.

Speaking Roles - I could care less.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie always needs more screen time.

Where's Celestia? She needs way more screen time. She's the ruler of Equestria for ponies' sake.

Speaking Roles - I could care less.

Well I thought Celestia already has tons of Screen Time but she is one of my favorite characters. So I've added her just for the heck of it.

Well I thought Celestia already has tons of Screen Time but she is one of my favorite characters. So I've added her just for the heck of it.

She's never gotten an episode. Nor has she ever gotten a major role in any episode. With maybe the exception of Magic Mystery Cure, but that was about 5 minutes.

A few ponies that I think need more screentime:

1. Soarin', just for his own character
  2. Gilda, having her reappear would make for a great episode
  3. Mayor Mare, she's one of those ponies that seem come-and-go, but it's not the same without enough of her. She's a lovely mare.
  • Brohoof 1

Oh damn, it's hard to pick just one. I'd say Luna. I feel like the show's kind of forgotten about her. I really want Derpy to have more of a speaking role too.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not crazy about background characters. They serve their purpose well. They don't need to be a strong focal point of the show.

I did get a kick out of Derpy in The Last Roundup, so I wouldn't mind seeing her again. Other than that, supporting characters like Luna or Trixie can always reappear.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, this is about background characters? I was all for picking Rarity. She needs way more positive screentime outside of her own episodes (like she and Pinkie got in, say, Putting Your Hoof Down). 

Daring Do already got a speaking role...

• Brohoof 3

(like she and Pinkie got in, say, Putting Your Hoof Down)

Tasting the wrath of assertive Fluttershy. I actually really enjoyed their bit in that episode because Pinkie Pie and Rarity don't seem like they would spend time with each other, not like Rarity and Fluttershy do at least.

Princess Luna without a doubt needs another episode that stars her. There are potential ideas we can touch on, but that list is too long to post here.

Derpy needs another chance at a speaking role. We saw her at the end of season 3, so it's possible that she will return as a background character for season 4. Whether she ever gets another chance to speak is unknown. Only time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

As far as screen time goes, Spitfire, Discord and Luna can never have enough screen time. One's smoking hot has a very unique character in everything from design to personality, not to mention is the leader of the dream team for a Mane Six, one's a hilarious prankster redeemed villain that deserves -all- the cameos, and Luna just doesn't get much screen time. I'm still waiting for my Celestia and Luna bonding episode.

Vinyl needs a line. Lyra got one. Vinyl has the most straight-forward personality of many of the BG ponies; she's a rock star tomboy Dj by the looks. We need to have a scene where Dash and maybe Pinkie are at a night club and hanging out with Vinyl, and she has a line or two.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy

I would really love for Derpy to have a whole episode dedicated to her, but then that could interfere with fanworks and all, and in ways maybe even spoil things a little. The thing is, if certain aspects to her were suddenly made canon in a sense, then I could see there being two sides to it: It could be entertaining and all round great - but some could be sorely disappointed as it would end up being not how they imagined her.

But then, she did get a notable appearance in the first place, so then it could be looked at as being what would the harm be in expanding her amount of screen presence beyond simply hanging in the background and that one certain speaking role, that is, if it was felt the whole controversy episode was no longer an issue?

Actually, for that matter, it could be the perfect opportunity to redeem the Derpy character, and allow her more proper screentime. It could be handled well: A carefully thought out story, showing the sweet dear Derpy really is, the pony who always tries her hardest no matter how much she may unfortunately mess up, and all round being a piece that nicely highlights Derpy's character  could be just what the *ahem* "Doctor" ordered (sorry, I had to say it).

Possibly a case of pros and cons, but it could just work.

Zecora

One of the most sorely underused characters so far in my opinion. She has so much potential, and I would be all for some sort of origin episode, or at least some brief few minute flashback sequence intertwined into an episode, showing her times in the pony-verse equivalent of Africa. I have seen some great fanart depicting such scenes, and can only imagine such works literally coming to life on the screen.

But not just giving background to Zecora, I would like to simply see her used more in general. But then, the writers would have to come up with so much more rhyming, so maybe that could prove a somewhat difficulty, although I'm sure their talented selves could pull something off.

Either way, even just one highlight episode again someday, or more general involvement in the show would be welcomed by me.

Princess Luna

So far at least, she hasn't been utilized as much as I would like.

Going directly to one thought I have, I loved her role in Scootalo's dream sequence in S3's "Sleepless In Ponyville", which nicely showcased another side to her character: genuinely kind, caring and empathetic.

This more positive side of Luna's persona I feel had never so strongly been brought to the forefront before.

Sure, so she was shown attempting to be nice in S2's "Luna Eclipsed", but the episode only really took it so far, and even then I wouldn't say it exactly depicted Luna as having such a genuine affection for others. It was really only just the beginning of seeing the more "nice" Luna, and even still now it is yet to be more fully explored, of which I would put that down to her lack of screentime so far to begin with. I really do believe she deserves more presence in the programme, and I would say has every potential for this. 

Furthermore, I really enjoyed how it was actually visually depicted her aiding ponies in bringing them out of their bad dreams. Yet another aspect of Luna's character we had not actually experienced before, in any form.

I wonder just what it would be like if there was an episode really delving deeper into her being able to "enter" ponies' dreams and nightmares, and for it to be explained just how she is able to actually do this.

Such a high level of potential that has yet to be delved into. Season 4 will have plenty of room, so I hope the team finds something great for her to do.

So these are the three characters in particular I would like to see more of, and I feel even have enough of that special something that would make them having more screentime something very positive.

Edited by PianoOfMuffins
  • Brohoof 1

For more screen time? Definitely Luna. She's apparently co-ruler and therefor technically one of the most important in the land, yet is shoved in the background. Trixie grew on me too, so more of her is cool.

As for speaking roles, it would be safest for the creators to go with characters they have voiced previously as to not rock the fandom when they don't sound/act like what they want them to. Those characters being Derpy and Daring. I'm all for Octavia though.

I was actually prepared to vote for Rarity as well since she basically got ignored this entire season...  Anyways, as for who deserves more screentime, I chose Octavia and Discord.  I selfishly chose Octavia because she hasn't been spotted for 29 episodes and has probably had close to the least total screentime of all of the background ponies, which is sad because she's such a unique character.  I chose Discord because now that he's been released, it wouldn't make sense for him not reappear.  I mean, it would be like if they released Nightmare Moon and then didn't have her seen or even mentioned until 28 episodes later (oh wait, they did that, didn't they?).

Having a speaking role isn't terribly important to me, even for Octavia.  Though, it would be fun if the Doctor were given another speaking role, but he had and English accent this time.

• Brohoof 2

Both Octavia and Doctor Whooves deserve more screentime than most of the ponies listed imo. Although most ponies listed have appeared at least one time in the episode. The ones I mentioned...well, they deserve more on-air time than the others. In fact, I wasn't aware of Octavia until I rewatched the final episode of season 1.

I was going to vote for Bon Bob, but I remembered she appeared in almost every episode in season 2. xD

An episode in which Rainbow Dash is lost (presumably with a broken wing again) and is rescued by Daring Do would be really cool. It'd be nice to Dash's reaction to the fact that her favorite novel character is actually a real pony.

While I'd like some background ponies to have slightly larger roles in the show (simply as nods to the fandom), I don't want to see them getting there own episodes or even speaking roles unless they fit organically into the plot. I would even say that Derpy's role in The Last Roundup was a little bit forced.

Really though, the pony that deserves more screentime the most is Rarity. She's had the least amount of episodes out of all the Mane 6, even Spike has had more episodes at this point!

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia is still the only princess without an episode truely revolving around her(Luna had Luna Eclipse and I'd say the Wedding and Crystal Empire can count for Cadance). It's for the Sun Princess to get her time in the spotlight

Also you can't go wrong with more Daring Do, Braeburn, Soarin, Lightning Dust and Vinyl Scratch(Whom I voted for speaking role)

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Luna:  We need more LUNA!  Anything with more Luna is a must see,  or putting her more awkward meetings or learning to make friends is a must!

Derpy:  More Derp but it may never happen given how Hasbro acted to our fav peggy in the back ground and the parents groups....

• Brohoof 1

I think luna needs more screen time because i feel she could secure so much more development along with her sister. Im sure many people would like to know... i dunno how they got their cutie marks, what it was like before luna's moon trip, etc.

I personally like luna the most so this may be biased but i think its still a good idea.

• Brohoof 1

We need a Mayor Mare episode. This is what I envision. It's election time in Ponyville, and things don't look good for our incumbent. A new pony in town is running against her. Fluttershy learns that, if elected, the new mayor would start an all out effort to cut down all the trees of Everfree Forest, thus ruining the homes of all her critter friends. (Big timber is backing him!) The mane six step in, and lead the campaign to get Mayor Mare re-elected! 

• Brohoof 3