We Hopen

We Hope

We Bidden, Verlaten, Vergaan

We Pray, Leave, Pass

- The Promise (Globus)

OOC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/49520-silenced-valley/?p=1172563

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Characters:

Silver Spectrum (Silvia) - played by BlackShardNixium (me)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/silver-spectrum-silvia-r2593

Flying Ace - played by ~Chaotic Flying Ace~

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/flying-ace-r1719

Royal Bauble - played by AquaInferno

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/royal-bauble-r2569

Hex - played by Hex

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/hex-r2606

Whisper Wood - played by Hex

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/whisper-woods-r2614

Allaila - played by Taurean♉

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/allaila-r2615

Gray Cover - Played by Floris

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/gray-cover-r2482

Addem Up - played by Addem Up

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/addem-up-r1792

Dogboots - played by thor9356

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dogboots-r1624

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had started the night before. In all the exciment, in everyone's haste to get a glimpse at the future of Equestria, the revolutionary New Science, no one had noticed. By the time it started, it was already far too late. The flashes of lightning impaling the sky, striking down, down, down to the ground below, landing in strategic places throughout the city. It was only then that everyone noticed what was going on. It was only then that they noticed what was happening. Mechanisms far to advanced to be called lightning rods were placed at key points throughout Canterlot. Something, something much louder than thunder, had roared over everything. Deafening noise. The inky color of the night leeched slowly to crimson, as if the blood of the stars had been spilt over the universe. The horrified cry of desolition rose for all the land to hear. Canterlot, the Crystal Empire, the Everfree Forest, Ponyville, one by one, everything and anything in between was destoryed. the handful that survived the main onslaught cowered wherever they could until the end finally came.

With a flash, a wave of fire, and the sharp keen of they dying......Equestria was gone......

Nickel could only sense the smoke and rubble around her. She could smell the charred scents of the dead and decaying. She could hear the dim crackle of flames, dying as they ran out of things to consume. with a weak moan, she wiggled from the destruction. but as she stood, an anguished cry tore itself free from her throat. There was nothing. Nothing but leveled ground and rubble and smoke and ash and sulfur and bodies. She choked, crouching low, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Hello!?" came the terrified cry, "Is anypony there!?!"

Nickel jerked towards the sound. Somepony was alive out there!

"I'm here!" she wailed, fighting to decipher the shapes through the clouds of smoke obscuring her vision.

"Oh thank Celestia!" came the voice, to which Nickel could finally pinpoint a location. She raced forward to her left, coming to a stop when she saw another filly. Mint green and lilac with a pen for a cutie mark.

"Are you okay?" she asked, eyes still round with distress.

"I'm fine." the filly replies, meeting up with Nickel halfway.

It doesn't matter that you don't know her. You are happy to not be alone. Hopefully, you would find more survivors soon. The two of you begin searching the rubble, and as you do, you become aquainted with one another. Her name is Rose, and she had been hiding in a nuclear bunker during the time of the Apocalypse. She is just about to start searching through more rubble when she calls out to her.

"Nickel! You have to come look at this!"

Nickel darts over to her, examining the object she has. It is a book. Leather bound and slightly frayed. The spine has been partially burnt, but it is still intact....

"Open it." said Nickel

She does. Inside, the pages are fresh, and through the smell of ash and sulfur, she can detect the slight scent of pen ink.

"This cant have been written too long ago..." Rose murmurs.

She flips to the first page with writing on it, and begins to read:

Everypony is bound to leave their mark somewhere in this world. Many have done just that...There's an old saying; a proverb, that states that its not what you do in the time that you're alive, its the mark you leave on the world when you're gone...Many have asked what they could do to change Equestria. For better or for worse. Villans, Heroes, Vagrants, Pariahs; no matter who they were, they always wondered...

But of course, that doesn't matter. No one can ask what they could have done. It doesn't matter. There's nothing anypony can do. We are dead. We are dammed. I guess I'm writing this to tell anypony that's out there exactly what happened.....I know I won't be here for much longer.....None of us will. But you need to know that it's not what you think....

I know now that I will miss everpony I've met during these past couple of months of literal Hell. They have become friends. Comrades. Brothers and sisters in arms. We've done all that we can, I guess......I hope. And if you are reading this, it must mean that there is some place out there that isn't destoryed. It must mean that there is still hope left for Equestria.....

Now that I hopefully have your attention, I'd like you to please read this. Read it so at least somepony will know how hard we fought. How hard we tried. As a forewarning....I'm sorry....

The following story is true. I'm currently writing it now, as my friends and I await our doom. I understand after surviving such an onslaught, my words may be quite traumatic...but even so, I would like for someone to know what we have done for Equestria....We who trespass on the pathway of the gods are bound to reap what we have been sowing for the longest of times....

My name is Silver Spectrum, and this is my first person account of the final days of the Apocalypse.....

It all started about two months ago, with the announcment of a Science Convention that would come to be known for its discovery of the New Science, the very thing that dammed us all.......

Silver Spectrum, known as Silvia to all her friends, lived to be what was considered the privilaged life. to a certain extent, she agreed with them. She had a wonderful career, a nice house, and plenty of money. But her life was strangely empty...

So here she sat, in the middle of another grey hour at her office, suffering from another bought of Writer's Block.

"I'll never finish this draft in time to get it to my editor!" she thought glumly as she balled up yet another piece of paper, throwing it in the already too-full waste basket by her desk.

Edited by BlackShardNixium
  • Brohoof 2

Royal paced about excitedly in his quarters. He was about to burst. The breakthrough that him and his partners had made would change the world forever. He could not wait until the Science Convention. Who knew how useful gems could be? 

"Boss, you have about an hour until you have to leave. Calm down." That Diamond Dog must have smelt your excitement or something. Royal used to study Diamond Dogs and he will rarely experiment on them anymore since they no longer seem like brutes to him. Yes it sounds silly but Royal Bauble uses Diamond Dogs in his experiments and machine building. Mostly they aid in machine building, of course it wouldn't be out of total kindness. When Royal was younger he had thwarted a Diamond Dog leader that had enslaved him for a year. He is know a respected leader of this small Diamond Dog clan and has helped them conquer other Diamond Dog clans using his advanced technology. 

This mutual respect is beneficial but sometimes these dogs get on my nerves yet I can't help but to feel pride in them when they succeed and pity when they don't. My workers ponies in my mind now.

Of course he didn't only work with diamond dogs. Royal had been working with a pony with a strong interest in the magical properties of gems as well.

Edited by AquaInferno

Addem growled, pacing around his lab for what felt like the millionth time. "That was my research! My field! How dare they use what I've discovered!" He shakes his head. "And for that 'New Science'! They wouldn't know science if it danced on their head." Fuming, he grabbed a wrench, beginning yet another round of repairs on his lighting systems. A steady stream of curses flowed from his mouth as he worked. 

The wrench slipped from his hoof, clattering across the floor. He sighed, trotting after it and returning to the machine. A nagging curiosity tugged at the back of his mind. Go look. It won't hurt to look. And you might actually learn something, instead of sitting around on your flank, fixing this hunk of junk.

He sighed, dropping the wrench and nodding. "You're right, tiny voice in my head." He chuckled to himself. I've gone crazy, I guess. He got up, trotting outside and heading towards the train depot, a newfound eagerness in his heart. "One ticket to Canterlot, please."

Underground in the beautiful city under Manehatten. Before you came along this underground city was nothing more than a prison camp for captured ponies. Now Fungal Delve is almost as bustling as Manehatten itself... Okay that might be a huge exaggeration but the advancement of the Diamond Dogs under your control has made a city twice as durable and protected than the Celestial Princesses' castle itself! That is no exaggeration. The defenses of the Fungal Delve are impeccable. The buildings are made of stone and gems assembled by the most durable forms of architecture imaginable. Your invention of steam powered drills have made space for the city and its streets. Fort Acero is where you stay your nights; the only way to make room for it was to drill more space. It is made from silver metals such as steel and is probably the most durable fort in all of Equestria. Unfortunately your recent studies have showed that steam has a negative effect on the stones and gems that are underground, not to mention the negative effects of the smoke on Diamond Dog and Pony lungs alike. This made him look for an alternative energy that opened the door to the deadly New Science that was yet to come.

Although the city remains a secret to Equestria, some ponies live in Fungal Delve and are sworn to keep the city's knowledge a secret to all. Royal was only 15 yet he had created a super city underground and became a major scientist. One might ask how he did this. When Royal and his family lived in Manehatten, Royal's father had left blueprints to a "super city" in a safe that somepony guarded with a fire proof spell. When Royal returned after freeing himself from the Diamond Dogs, he had found his home burned to the ground but the safe was fine. When he opened it he saw the blueprint's potential and how Diamond Dogs had become loyal to him after killing their tribal tyrant. He used Diamond Dog labor to create this super city in a matter of years and he named it "Fungal Delve"

After the third hour of no progress, Silvia politely excused herself from the office for a bit of fresh air. As she walked down the streets of Canterlot, she sighed heavily, eyes drooping from lack of sleep and many nights of frustration and stress. There were dark circles under her slitted eyes, showing just how exhausted she was.

"I just need to wake up..." she thought.

She shook her head, resecuring her cap to her head and deciding a cup of coffee would probably do her wonders at the moment. the sky was cloudy and voercast as she walked to the small cafe at the end of the street, contemplating her newest assignment all the while. Despite her lack of sleep, she felt a spark of exciment. It was such an honor to be chosen as the lead Reporter for the story all of Canterlot was buzzing about! She couldn't wait to find out all she could about this "New Science"....

You cover up your Grand Machine. This machine will change the world forever. This thought was correct, but its meaning was scattered. 

The Grand Machine is covered with a tarp. You will leave with some ponies to Canterlot now. Unfortunately you cannot take any Diamond Dogs with you, they could have pushed the machine easily. Good thing you have unicorns such as yourself to combine your magic to lift the enormous machine. You surface just outside of Manehatten, taking the Grand Machine to the train station. You reserved a cabin in the train for this machine and your workers. It is ensured a safe trip for the Science Convention of Canterlot.

Allaila walked down the street of Canterlot, Her eyes had the tint of Orange at the moment, Everything was moderate right now, A Usual day for her, Walking down Streets of Canterlot bored, Occasianly bumping into somepony where all Allaila could do is take a few steps backwards a lower her head in apoligy until the pony had gone out of view, But every now-and-again she did things different a sat infront of her fireplace, Making the flames Dimmer and Brighter, Bigger and Smaller until she found something else to do; Allaila had always quite liked to Adventure with Grandmother when she was younger, She still had a thing for it, But there was never anything to do.

Allaila came back to reality when she walked passed a small Cafè on the street beside her usual walking one, She stopped for a moment to observe the ponies there, She looked at the Couples so Deeply or Mildly in love on a date, She watched pairs of friends catching up for a coffee chatting away oh-so happily, There were also some ponies alone, Doing some work or just having a quick bite; Allailas stomach grumbled away at the look of all that food, Allaila sighed and gave in, Walking over to the Cafè to order a baby jam-tart or so. On the way over there, Allaila noticed a tall Different-Greyed Pegasus with a Grey Mane and Tail and Grey Braclets, a Grey Cap and a Grey Cape, Everything was Grey apart from her iridescent slit Amber Eyes, Allailas mind smiled at her pleasing apperance, It reminded her of her Sister, Her dear, dear sister.. Allailas eyes went to a darker tint of Orange as she nodded to the Amber Eyed Pegasus although she probably didn't see her, She dusted it off and continued to the inside of the Cafè...

Edited by Taurean♉

Gray Cover  was sitting in his living room reading a book with his standard cup of tea, it has only been three weeks since he quit his job at the Baltimare Sun and moved to Canterlot. Gray was feeling quite uneasy the last two weeks for he didn't really have anything to really fill up his daily life anymore, then it crossed his mind that today was the day of the Science Convention a lot of people were excited about. "Can't say I am.." Gray thought a little dissaproving.

Gray took another sip from his tea when suddendly someweone knocked on his door, he frowned "I don't recall receiving any letters of people visiting.." he thought and walked towards door and opened it, he saw a male pegasi wearing a uniform and a satchel full of mail; "Special delivery for Mr. G. Cover." said the mail pony. "Oh" Gray replied and accepted the rather small package, "I don't have to sign anything?" he asked anxiously. "Nope!" said the mail pony, "Have a good day!" the mail pony nodded and smiled, "Good day" said Gray in response and closed the door.

Gray inspected the little package, not much bigger then a lunchbox.. He spotted an envelop was strapped on top of the package, he took it, opened the envelop and read the letter.

"Dear Mr. Cover

First of all we at the Baltimare Sun are still saddened by your decision of quitting your job as a writer for our newspaper, we hope you are having a good time in Canterlot. However, we would like to ask you favour, all of our reporters are already deployed and our staff made a heavy mistake by not sending anyone to the Science convention in Canterlot. We kindly ask you if you would be interested writing one final story for our newspaper, we know you will be up to it.

Everything you need is inside the package we send you.

Sincerely,

The Baltimare Sun Staff."

Gray read the letter a few times.. "Not that I have something better to do.. " he thought then he sighed and opened the package.. A pretty notebook was inside. "Alright, one last time!" Gray thought and went towards the bathroom.. He freshed himself up, strapped up a red tie around his neck and equiped his sturdy writer satchel, placed his pocket watch and a few standard writer accessoires inside the satchel and finally placed his old reporter hat on his head.

Gray exited his home through the front door, locked it and thought "I can't believe I'm actually doing this, they practically forced me to do them this "favour".. Not that I mind, but they could've atleast asked!" he chuckeled and thought back to when he first joined the company..

After some day dreaming Gray saw quite the amount of ponies who were heading towards the convention "This should fill up atleast today's schedule." he thought and joined the little pony crowd, hearing how some of them were very excited and there was something that they called "New Science". Gray just frowned at this and thought that everyone has their own interests, but this was definitely not his cup of tea.

Edited by Floris

Ace got off the train with a big smile on his face. "Wow, I can't wait for this "new science" Its going to be AWASOME!" Ace said to himself getting some looks from other ponies leaving or bording the train but Ace ignored them all he could think about was new science. That is until his stomech started to rumble. Oops, seems I forgot to eat lunch Ace thought going to the nearest Cafe.

Of course Silvia had noticed the unicorn that had recently entered the Cafe! Her eyes changed color, and what's more, they were a similar shade to her own! Smiling slightly in wonderment, Silvia returned to the tak at hand. Drinking her mocha and sketching. Yup. The perfect way to unblock yourself mentally!

She was sketching an eldritch creation born of her own imagination on the sketchbook in front of her. She took a dainty sip of her mocha coffee as she finished the creature's long, winding tail with the delicate, webbed fins at the tip. Yet no matter how she concentrated, letting the block in her mind flow out through each thorough stroke of the pencil, she could not stay focused! She frowned, frustrated and exhausted. She turned the page, deciding that she would return to the eldritch at a later date.

Other than the immensly stressful block in her writing ability, the other thing on her mind was the upcoming Science Convention! Everypony was talking about it, so it was obvious she would have to step up and write a piece better than all others before it! What was this New Science? How would it change Equestria as they knew it?

With a dreamy sigh, she once again struck pencil to papar and began to sketch a machine.....

• Brohoof 1

Ace walked into the cafe and sniffed the air Oh, I smell lunch. Ace thought to himself giving a small chuckle on his way he looked over to see a gray pony sketching something but he didn't stop to ask what it was he just walked into the cafe, went to the counter, and ordered a saled.

Addem trotted off the train, his growling stomach reminding him that he hadn't had a meal recently. He checked his pockets, making sure that the small sack of bits he carried was still there, then looked around for a cafe. Spotting another pony with the same idea, he followed him, hoping to find a good apple tart.

While moving towards the location of the convention Gray noticed that quite the amount of ponies stopped by one of the local cafe's, he stood still and looked at the cafe for a moment.. "I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to hear the local point of view on the matter at hoof" Gray thought and entered the cafe which was rather crowded since the city was packed with ponies all over Equestria.

As Gray entered the cafe he noticed a white pegasi infront of him near the counter, a unicorn mare who entered only just before himself and another Pegasi eagerly working in something that looked like a sketchbook.

Seeing how everypony was sitting excluded from one another and wanted to learn the point of view of some ponies about the convention, he moved towards the white pegasi and poked him gently on the shoulder and beckoned the unicorn mare over.

"Greetings, you two" Gray said while his eyes went from the white pegasi towards the unicorn mare.. "Seeing how you both only just entered the cafe like me, may I suggest we share a table?" he took off his hat and gave them both a genuine smile while pointing with his extended hoof at a empty table.. "The more the merrier, don't you agree?" 

Gray was a bit anxious for he hadn't interacted this suddendly with some strangers for a long time, but that didn't break his smile.

Edited by Floris

While moving towards the location of the convention Gray noticed that quite the amount of ponies stopped by one of the local cafe's, he stood still and looked at the cafe for a moment.. "I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to hear the local point of view on the matter at hoof" Gray thought and entered the cafe which was rather crowded since the city was packed with ponies all over Equestria.

As Gray entered the cafe he noticed a white pegasi infront of him near the counter, a unicorn mare who entered only just before himself and another Pegasi eagerly working in something that looked like a sketchbook.

Seeing how everypony was sitting excluded from one another and wanted to learn the point of view of some ponies about the convention, he moved towards the white pegasi and poked him gently on the shoulder and beckoned the unicorn mare over.

"Greetings, you two" Gray said while his eyes went from the white pegasi towards the unicorn mare.. "Seeing how you both only just entered the cafe like me, may I suggest we share a table?" he took off his hat and gave them both a genuine smile while pointing with his extended hoof at a empty table.. "The more the merrier, don't you agree?" 

Gray was a bit anxious for he hadn't interacted this suddendly with some strangers for a long time, but that didn't break his smile.

Ace was about to take a bit out of his saled when he felt a tap on his shoulder turning around he came face to face with a pony. "Oh hello greetings to you too, I'm Flying Ace but everypony just calls me Ace." Ace said to the grey stallion while a unicorn mare came over.

Royal's train had just arrived in Canterlot. He had someponies that lived with him in Fungal Delve to go deliver the machine to the Castle for the Science Convention. These were ponies he knew he could trust since they had sworn to secrecy on matters of Fungal Delve and never failed him yet. He pulled up a dark blue hood to conceal himself and a similarly colored cape to cover his noticable cutie mark. He wanted to enter the Cafe incognito so he could quickly get a snack and quickly get out without the rabble of a crowd. 

He saw a group of ponies talking to a grey stallion. Hey, that one with the brown mane looks familiar. He thought to himself. Oh well, it seems that they are near the only open table. Might as well join them. He trotted over to the group still concealing his features.

Allaila's eyes change to a light-orange as the corners of her mouth ever-so-slightly turned up as she looked at these new ponies, She needed a way to tell them that she couldn't speak and needed permission to send her thoughts to their minds, She keep thinking for awhile before she closed her eyes and made her horn glow, This was a new type of magic to her, She just hoped it would work. Allaila closed her eyes and imaged a sparkling pen, made from the that frizzily dust that held in its place for some time, She thought of her message she wanted to show while thinking of her pen for a good 10 seconds before opening her eyes to see that her message was on the table, She glanced down at it and her mind smiled at her work, She was puffed from her work and didn't want to do it again too soon, Allaila read her sparkling words of gold just to make sure she did it right

"Good Afternoon, I am Allaila, I cannot speak. Is it alright if I send messages to your mind to speak to you?"

Allaila was half proud of her magic-works and half disappointed, She knew she could do better but she couldn't do anything else then that from her lack of doing this magic, But she ignored at looked at the three stallions, awaiting their answer

Edited by Sweet Innocence

Silvia was just finishing her sketch of the machine when she noticed the ever-growing group of ponies. There was the unicorn mare from before and three stallions, one of which was cloaked from head to hoof. Strange....yet intriguing.

She shook her head. Now was no time to eavesdrop or gossip with others! She finally had her mind back! She turned back to her notebook, gazing at the drawing. The machine had no purpose, nor even a name....she'd have to find a way to incorporate it into her novel.

But first, she needed to vent, and the only way to do that was to make another entry into her journal. From the small bag she had brought with her, she piled out an old leather book, wrote down the date, and began to write.

She did not all realize this journal would soon chronical the events leading to the Apocalypse.

((DX I've tried to post this like, five times already! My itouch is being difficult!!))

Allaila's eyes change to a light-orange as the corners of her mouth ever-so-slightly turned up as she looked at these new ponies, She needed a way to tell them that she couldn't speak and needed permission to send her thoughts to their minds, She keep thinking for awhile before she closed her eyes and made her horn glow, This was a new type of magic to her, She just hoped it would work. Allaila closed her eyes and imaged a sparkling pen, made from the that frizzily dust that held in its place for some time, She thought of her message she wanted to show while thinking of her pen for a good 10 seconds before opening her eyes to see that her message was on the table, She glanced down at it and her mind smiled at her work, She was puffed from her work and didn't want to do it again too soon, Allaila read her sparkling words of gold just to make sure she did it right

"Good Afternoon, I am Allaila, I cannot speak. Is it alright if I send messages to your mind to speak to you?"

Allaila was half proud of her magic-works and half disappointed, She knew she could do better but she couldn't do anything else then that from her lack of doing this magic, But she ignored at looked at the three stallions, awaiting their answer

Ace's eyes widen when golden words just appered out of nowhere he looked at the unicorn then back to the words then back to the unicorn then read the message. "You can send messages in our minds? That sounds aawasome, it's just to bad you can't speak. Yes, you can." Ace said.

As he entered the cafe, Addem looked around at the ponies inside. He noticed a small group of ponies congregating, and veered off in the opposite direction. He ordered an apple tart, then sat back, mentally preparing himself for the hectic day ahead.

"Oh hello greetings to you too, I'm Flying Ace but everypony just calls me Ace." Ace said to the grey stallion while a unicorn mare came over.

"Oh, how rude of me.. I invited you to join me and I didn't even introduce myself.. Gray Cover, it is a pleasure." Gray said while nodding approvingly at Ace. Gray's eyes then moved towards the unicorn mare which he frowned upon since she seemed troubled and he expected her to introduce herself or even speak since she hadn't responded to a thing Gray said yet.

Both of Gray's eyebrows went all the way because he was taken by surprise, first confused at where the voice came from until it said it was the silent mare infront of him.

"Well-I, uh.. I-" he said stuttering for he was taken-off guard but then he cleared his throat "A.." Gray paused for a few moments "..unexpected ability, I have never experienced or seen something like it before." he said anxiously while inspecting her a little closer trying to find something odd about her appearance, with no succes.

Edited by Floris

Royal can't blow his cover now, but he didn't want to raise suspicion either. Luckily for him he had been wearing another of his inventions. A collar that can change voice. He uses it to deepen his voice. "You can speak with your mind, but mind that you will not look into our minds, some thoughts are better off remaining unknown." He sounded like a zebra with his riddles about minds. But he was not trying to come off that way to the crowd. Buck! I need to work on my people skills. Where is that cinnamon roll already? Some of us have places to be! He wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Although his most trusted ponies where escorting the machine Royal still worried about sabotage. His mysterious ways as a scientist may have caused people to side against him. The public still doesn't know where he lives, Royal just appears and disappears from the public eye too easily.

Addem jolts upwards, a sharp beep from his glasses startling him. "Wh-what the?" He looks around, bewildered. "That means... but I didn't bring any of my inventions with me..." He took off his glasses, fiddling with them, then put them back on. Squinting, he looked directly at Royal, then trotted over to him. "Excuse me..."

Royal continued to stare straight down to avoid eye contact but responds with his disguised voice. "Yes...?"

His food doesn't seem like it will ever come. Royal wonders how long until the Science Convention. He probably still has some time left, besides the Cafe isn't too far from the Celestial Castle.

(edited)

Ace's eyes widen when golden words just appered out of nowhere he looked at the unicorn then back to the words then back to the unicorn then read the message. "You can send messages in our minds? That sounds aawasome, it's just to bad you can't speak. Yes, you can." Ace said.

Both of Gray's eyebrows went all the way because he was taken by surprise, first confused at where the voice came from until it said it was the silent mare infront of him.   "Well-I, uh.. I-" he said stuttering for he was taken-off guard but then he cleared his throat "A.." Gray paused for a few moments "..unexpected ability, I have never experienced or seen something like it before." he said anxiously while inspecting her a little closer trying to find something odd about her appearance, with no succes.

Royal can't blow his cover now, but he didn't want to raise suspicion either. Luckily for him he had been wearing another of his inventions. A collar that can change voice. He uses it to deepen his voice. "You can speak with your mind, but mind that you will not look into our minds, some thoughts are better off remaining unknown." He sounded like a zebra with his riddles about minds. But he was not trying to come off that way to the crowd. Buck! I need to work on my people skills. Where is that cinnamon roll already? Some of us have places to be! He wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Although his most trusted ponies where escorting the machine Royal still worried about sabotage. His mysterious ways as a scientist may have caused people to side against him. The public still doesn't know where he lives, Royal just appears and disappears from the public eye too easily.

Allaila nodded at of all them and prepared to send a verbal message to the  stallions, She closed her eyes and Her Horn began to glow a dim yellow-orange as she started to feel the magic coursing though her veins, She could feel every bit of her body surging with magic, She began to proceed giving them all the message to their minds as it all went to her horn, parts of magic dust flew from her horn and a specific part on their foreheads, The message spoke with a majestic voice that Allaila thought could fit her mouth if she could still speak

"Thank You, I am sorry about this. I do not mean to startle you, I just could not find any other way to get your permission without looking ridiculous"

Her eyes were open now, She her head around to be mostly looking at the deep voiced stallion, She proceeded with her message with her eyes tinting darker

"No Sir, I cannot look into your mind, I just send you messages though them for I am not yet that advanced in magic. I am sorry if I am disturbing you"

Allaila turned back to the majority of the group as the dust connecting their minds to hers disappeared into the thin air as her horn lost its magic glow, Her eyes became ever so slightly lighter again as she continued to look at the stallions, Everyone she did it to so far had completely freaked out, She just hoped she didn't frighten them too much. She looked around the room, worried that she had accidently made too much of a show, but nopony seemed to be looked so she left it and went back to looking at the stallions with gloomy eyes, Waiting for their expressions to arise on their faces.

Edited by Sweet Innocence

Allaila nodded at of all them and prepared to send a verbal message to the  stallions, She closed her eyes and Her Horn began to glow a dim yellow-orange as she started to feel the magic coursing though her veins, She could feel every bit of her body surging with magic, She began to proceed giving them all the message to their minds as it all went to her horn, parts of magic dust flew from her horn and a specific part on their foreheads, The message spoke with a majestic voice that Allaila thought could fit her mouth if she could still speak

"Thank You, I am sorry about this. I do not mean to startle you, I just could not find any other way to get your permission without looking ridiculous"

Her eyes were open now, She her head around to be mostly looking at the deep voiced stallion, She proceeded with her message with her eyes tinting darker

"No Sir, I cannot look into your mind, I just send you messages though them for I am not yet that advanced in magic. I am sorry if I am disturbing you"

Allaila turned back to the majority of the group as the dust connecting their minds to hers disappeared into the thin air as her horn lost its magic glow, Her eyes became ever so slightly lighter again as she continued to look at the stallions, Everyone she did it to so far had completely freaked out, She just hoped she didn't frighten them too much. She looked around the room, worried that she had accidently made too much of a show, but nopony seemed to be looked so she left it and went back to looking at the stallions with gloomy eyes, Waiting for their expressions to arise on their faces.

Ace had a shocked expression when he heard the voice but when she ended her magic Ace's shocked face turned to one of exitment. "Woooow, that's awaome! I never seen a spell like that!" Ace relised that he was starting to yel, he choughed to clear his throte and continued. "Well I guess I did see something new today and were not even at the science convention." Ace chuckled.

• Brohoof 1