Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 More Time Related Questions for Members of all Ages!

Wingnut

1. 1st Grade and it was an old school Macintosh I have used a regular typewriter before but not that much I may have grown up in the early 90's but I learned to use computers at an early age.

2. My first system was the NES and it belonged to the family as a whole though and the year was probably aroun 86 or 88 maybe 90 at the latest. The first system that was mine though was the SNES which I got for Christmas 1995, Santa was really good to me that year.

3. My Dad's 1964 Chevy oh man I loved that car.

4. No to both though I did watch some of the old Transformers cartoons but wasn't really into them as much as I was Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

5. Bill Clinton, I even wrote a letter to him I figured that since my parents thought so highly of him that he must have been a good guy. It is a real good thing I am not that naive now.

6. Yes, my Dad used to own an Italian restaurant and I remember before the public smoking ban was passed in Southern California that there was a smoking and non smoking section in the restaurant. The employees themselves weren't allowed to do it but customers were so long as they were in the right section.

7. No I never really skated it is not really my thing.

8. Yes I have used old school Mac's and pre windows pc's as a matter of fact my first computer was a pre windows pc.

9. Eeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuup!

10. I honestly do not remember but if I had to take a guess it was either a Disney movie or one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies.

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual?

Geez, uh...I actually learned to type "properly" in 4th grade. Yes, I've used a typewriter before.

2. What was your first home video game system and what year did you get it?

The first game system I owned was a Nintendo64. I probably got it right around the turn of the century or a little before. My first game I played on it was Star Wars Episode 1: Racer.

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning?

Ha! I don't know cars. But we once (technically) owned a Thunderbird convertible. 

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them?

No, I played with LEGOs and the outdoors.

5. Who was the earliest president, prime minister, governor, head honcho, etc. of your country that you have a first hand memory of?

George W. Bush.

6. Do you recall smoking being allowed in workplaces where you live? US members under 20 will generally say no but answers from other countries may vary.

I just remember a lot of my relatives smoking.

7. Did you ever use old-style roller skates instead of roller blades?

I am still terrified of roller blades/skates.

8. Did you ever use a pre-Windows PC?

Do dinosaur computers count?

9. Remember “Be kind, please rewind”?

I've heard that phrase before but I don't know for sure what it means.

10. Name the first big blockbuster movie you recall watching in a theater that wasn't a re-release.

My family never really went to movies when I was little. The first television show (if this counts) I remember watching/owning was a VHS with the first two episodes of the original Scooby Doo series. We still own that VHS, and our first VHS player.

1. I want to say 3rd or 4th. I learned the basics early in Ms. Pohl's computer class, 5 1/4 floppy disks and all, but didn't get good at typing until much later.

2. An NES. My brother and I got it for Christmas around 1993 or so. What a holiday that was.

3. A 1980-something Dodge Charger my dad owned. He had many strange and broken-down cars that met unpleasant fates, including a '75 Colt that rusted to hell and was finally destroyed by a drunk who crashed his Suburban into my parents' apartment building. And a yellow Volkswagen that fell apart piece by piece. The hood even came loose and flew off into a swamp while he was driving down the highway. But I was too young to remember those. xD

4. Nope. I did watch the "Beast Wars" show on TV, though.

5. Arne Carlson. He was the governor of Minnesota starting in 1991. After him, George H.W. Bush.

6. Sure. And I think we've gone too far with the anti-smoking mania, TBH.

7. Yes, a few times. (I couldn't skate either way though.)

8. My family probably did at some point, but Windows 95 is the oldest one I remember.

9. Yep. And I usually did, too.

10. I have no idea. I didn't see many remakes or re-releases, even as a child.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual?

They started trying to teach us to type in 1st grade and continued throughout elementary school. I never really did though, I just use this sort of ad-hoc rapidfire peck typing. And I've never used a typewriter unfortunately :(

A Wii in early 2007. Still the only home system I've ever had. Never played it all that much except at family reunions and for summer Fire Emblem marathons :)

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning?

My dad had this old Ford pickup from the early 80's that we sold when I was four. Sorry, I don't know anything else about it.

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them?

Nope.

5. Who was the earliest president, prime minister, governor, head honcho, etc. of your country that you have a first hand memory of?

George W. Bush

6. Do you recall smoking being allowed in workplaces where you live? US members under 20 will generally say no but answers from other countries may vary.

Nope.

Yea. And there were many faceplants XD. 

I couldn't say for sure but I believe so. 

Of course. It always pissed me off to have to rewind all the video's I'd check out from the library.

10. Name the first big blockbuster movie you recall watching in a theater that wasn't a re-release.

My family hardly ever went to movies when I was younger so I couldn't say for sure. Maybe Ice Age? Does that count?  

Edited by DashForever

OK, I'm back with another questionnaire that will hopefully start a nice discussion and make people think about how far we've come.

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual?

I learned in grade 7 on an electronic keyboard/typewriter it was weird. We also learned on an Apple IIe with Fredwriter as the typing program.

That was the good ol NES we got back in 1990 or 91 i can't remember.

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning?

My mom had an 86 Mazda 626 when i was adopted. My dad had some early 80's Chevy work van.

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them?

All my friends had transformers including my brother. I had only like one or two and they weren't even transformers, they were go-bots.

Brian Mulrooney He didn't last long if i recall.

I don't actually though construction sites don't usually care for that rule anyways.

Nope, always had rollerblades.

The Apple IIe compatable was our first family pc before we got a Macintosh LC2.

Celestia's blood! I do remember that warning. Must mean my age... i'm not aging, i refuse to admit it.

Hmm.... that's a good question... I know my brother and i was watched Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer when we were kids.

I'll chime in a little later with my personal answers to each question. Enjoy! :)

My work here is done.

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual?

- 9th, I think. Manual typewriters.

- Atari VCS, 1979

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning?

- 1929 Plymouth Model U

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them?

- Nope.

- Pierre Trudeau, who was Prime Minster of Canada from 1968 to 1979.

- Yep.

- Yep.

- Yep.My first 'computer' class was on a Commodore PET. The first computer I ever owned was a Commodore VIC 20.

- Yep.

- Superman, 1978. Although I know I had been in a movie theatre previously. I just don't remember the movie.

Edited by Fhaolan

I believe it was actually before I ever went to school. And while I used typewriter, I never really managed to use it very well.

PS, the first one. In 1995 I believe.

Warburg from the 60s, but I honestly have no idea as to what model it was.

I had Transformers, but I don't remember a year, 1994 I'd say, because that's the year when my family was on a vacation where I got those.

Vaclav Klaus and John Major.

Oh, yes, you mean those times where governments weren't forcing subtle fascism on citizens? Oh yes, I do remember those. Too bad I smoke now, didn't care back then.

Yep.

Yep. A lot actually.

Yeah. Tho I'm not really missing the tapes. At all. I think that people who haven't seen (or recorded) many VHS movies can never appreciate discs and digital movies.  :lol: 

Lion King. The original. I'm not sure if you'd call it blockbuster, but it's definitely the one that I liked most and remember really well, including huge bald man sitting right before me.

Grades? Na Bro, I learnt to type before I went to kindagarten, I learnt to type on the ol' family typewriter until I got my fathers old laptop at 3-4 years when he got a new one

I got a NintendoDS when I was about.. Maybe Nine or Ten or so?

I wouldn't have a clue, Frankly I don't really care xD

Yes, I did, I got them when I was quite young when I was still obsessed with Dora, I couldn't say a specific date, But I stopped obsessing over Doa the Explorer when I was just about 5, So somewhere under there

The only memory I have of the earliest prime minister is the one we have now XD I never paid attention when it came to that stuff, But its easy to remember New Zealands John Key.

Yup, You could smoke at 16 when I was young, I think. It got rasied pretty high since then though

I'm an Ice Skater, Not a Roller Blader, So No, I've always skated on Ice

Yes, Alot

I have a slight memory of it, But it doesn't ring a huge bell

Uuuhhmmm, I think it was Finding Nemo (best movie ever) :lol:

Edited by Taurean♉

#1 I learned to use a typewriter when I was about 4 years of age and I was writing articles for certain organizations by the age of 9

#2 I think it was the classic gameboy and I got it from japan

#3 Volkswagon bettle probably

#4 I bought some of the transformers toys for some orphans but I never watched the show

#5 Suharto who was a US backed dictator, he ran an effective fascist state with booming economy and terrorists/criminasl were shot on the spot

#6 Smoking in workplaces is still allowed to this day but the US government is putting pressure on it's democratically elected jihadist puppet to ban smoking.

#7 I tried em but stopped after a few minutues

#8 I remembered DOS and typing console commands but I still like linux more than windows and mac right now

#9 no

#10 Terminator

Edited by khaine21x3

I believe it was in 3rd grade - we had typing tests which tested upon our skills of whether or not we can type without looked at the keyboard. It was also electric.

It was either the N64 or GCN - however, I was WAY to young to remember which ones I got first and when, sadly.

I'm no car expert - I don't even know what a Ferrari looks like.

No.

George W. Bush, if I recall correctly.

No.

No.

No.

What?

Uh... that Spongebob movie?

Well, I'm 13 so it was around 1st or 2nd grade. No, but at one point I used a Braille typewriter if that counts.

I believe it was a Nintendo 64 and I inherited it from my brother (he was 14ish at the time I was born) so by the time I grew old enough to understand a N64 he had left already.

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning? I don't know the exact model, but it was a 1993ish Saturn.

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them? I dunno if it was first gen Transformers.

I have a slight memory of Bill Clinton.

I wasn't really in workplaces before it was outlawed.

I never use roller blades so probably not.

Nop.

Yes, mostly because I didn't have anymore than about three different channels and a VCR so I was watching VHS tapes all the time.

I didn't really go to the theatres until I was around 7 or 8 so I dunno, maybe Harry Potter.

I've been in various schooling systems so it's hard to tell exactly which grade I first learned to type. I would estimate around 6th or 7th grade was when I first started typing. I was never big on type-writers in the first place. It wasn't until I started the IB (rough equivalent of High School in the US) that I started to learn how to type fast enough. What made it doubly-hard was that I was using French keyboards and the number buttons on top of the letters required me to use the shift key. The number pad was something I avoided back then for no reason at all '_'

SNES, and Super Mario Kart was the first game I played on it :33 That said, Megaman X will always remain my favorite game apart from Minecraft <3

Opel Corsa. That car was older than me. Sadly, it has been put to rest. I will miss you, dear friend :*(

I never had either of them. Neither really got my interest at the time.

In the US, it would be Bill Clinton, namely because I moved there during his presidency. In Italy, the earliest politician I remember is Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, who'd been president of Italy during my childhood.

Yes, actually. The high school my grandmother used to work had a cleaner/prefect who would smoke quite a lot in the office. I still remember the smell of that place -_-

I don't skate xD

Not that I recall.

No :/

...I can't remember this either T_T

Edited by Freedan

I learned how to properly type in the 3rd grade. Yes I have.

Nintendo 64 In 2001.

91 newyorker. That is my car today :D 

nope

Bush. In kindergarten they drilled his name into our minds

yes and no. It was illegal, but no one enforced it until 2002

I once relied on their balance

no

yes

I honestly don't know

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual? I have used both and learned back as a youngin

2. What was your first home video game system and what year did you get it? Atari 7800 and I got it back in the mid to late 80's. I also had an Intellivision

3. What is the oldest car, make and model year, you can remember your family owning? I remember our 75 or 75 chevy station wagon

4. Did you ever have first generation My Little Ponies or Transformers? If so, when did you get them? Transformers yes...back in the mid 80's I had a few but i think I destroyed them

5. Who was the earliest president, prime minister, governor, head honcho, etc. of your country that you have a first hand memory of? Ronald Reagan was the first I remember well

6. Do you recall smoking being allowed in workplaces where you live? US members under 20 will generally say no but answers from other countries may vary. I know my mom and grandpa smoked in their office at the newspaper...never bothered me before

7. Did you ever use old-style roller skates instead of roller blades? Oh heck yes! I remember learning to roller skate and still remember going to the rink

8. Did you ever use a pre-Windows PC? I have used and owned the following...Apple IIE, Commodore Amiga 2000 and a few DOS systems

9. Remember “Be kind, please rewind”? Oh yes...worked in a video store and used to rent a lot

10. Name the first big blockbuster movie you recall watching in a theater that wasn't a re-release. My memory is a bit poor sometimes but I remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

1. First grade, keyboard.

2. A DS, Christmas 2007 (or 08').

3. An 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra (Like the one bellow but with four doors and in blue.)

i463333.jpg

4. Uhh... No.

5. Bush Jr.

6. Uhh.. No.

7. No.

8. No.

9. I know what it means but no.

10. Finding Nemo :D

Edited by Neighvana666

I learned to type in third grade.  I've used an electric typewriter before, and I still do from time to time.  My grandma has a pretty cool one in her basement.  

My first video game system was a GameCube, and I got it in 2006.  

Plymouth Neon, 1996 model.   

No, never.  

Bill Clinton, when I was real little.  

No, it was disallowed before my time.  

Yep, I have.   

Haha, no.  

Nope, never heard of it.  

Toy Story 2, I think.   I was real little.  

I learned to type in 2nd grade, and hell yes I've used a manual typewriter, I've used one that was before QWERTY layout and it would lock up all the time XD

N64 1998, at the age of 2 yrs old :P

1971, ford f150.

I can't recall

Bill Clinton :/

Yes

still have a pair of those old metal ones :P

F*** yeah I did. I've run DOS, Apple II :P 

Yes >_> Nobody likes ended VHS tapes.

Not a clue...

I learned to type with a keyboard, particularly ones from the older Windows 98 and XP computers. The good ol' white plastic ones. I did not really get into learning how to fully type until middle school.

The Nintendo 64. I remember when I was five and my step dad came home through the front door holding the box with the console in it. It came with Diddy Kong Racing and I loved that game a lot. It was about.. 2000 I assume.

The oldest car I can recall my mother owning when I was very young was her 1993 Subaru Legacy. I grew up in that car until she sold it to my older brother and revamped the car, I rode in it a few months ago and it was great and it put me through deep nostalgia.

I wasn't really into MLP or Transformers, even at a young age. Though, I was curious about ponies back in 2008.

Off the top of my head? Probably George Bush, seeing that he was sworn in 2000. Although, I was young enough to remember the election in 2004.

Not really, smoke-free zones were implemented when I was very young.

Not really. :P

Ehhh, no, like I said, my first computer was the Windows 98.

Yes, we used to get a lot of videos from Blockbuster and we owned several VHS tapes with the sticker on it.

That's a toughie, the only big movies I remember seeing in theaters as a young kid was movies like Star Wars Episode II, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone and Finding Nemo. So it was either of those.

Edited by NostalgicPony

1. I learned how to type in 4th grade

2. Nintendo 64 was my first, and I can't remember when I got it...

3. Psh, I have no idea what name/model it is, all I know is that there is a car from the 50's in my grandpa's barn.

4. Nope

5. George Bush, but as for everyone else I dunno, I don't pay attention much to politics. 

6. Nope

7. I've have.

8. Nope

9. Ah yes, a VCR reference. 

10. Psh the last movie I remember watching was Finding Nemo.

(edited)

All unanswered questions are either "no" or "can't remember."

I was never taught to type, but the first time I was assigned a typed paper was in 4th grade.  I typed using only my two index fingers for years, and until 2 years ago still used my left one to hit the space bar.  And yes, it was on a PC.

A Playstation, acquired around 2000 if I remember right.  I was 4, so...

In fact I do!  I also remember the ooh's and aah's that filled the room when we first started up our DVD player.

Finding Nemo.  I probably went to at least one before that, but that's the only release I remember with any clarity.

Edited by Pony Joe

Before you read my answers, I was born March 8, 1994.

I learned to type back in the third grade on an iMac.

My first game system was an NES my parents already had, earliest memories of it were back in 1997 when I was only 3.  I then got a N64 in Kindergarten, circa 1999-2000.

Back again when I was 3, my mom had a 1993 Pontaic Grand Am 4 door, and my dad had a 1992 Chevrolet S-10 regular cab.  I only know the years because of Google.  The Pontiac was burgundy with a burgundy cloth interior, and the Chevy was dark grey with a grey interior.  Yes, I was even a car nut back then.

Nope.

I would also have to say Bill Clinton.

Nope.

Nope, I preferred riding my bike.

I don't think so, Windows 95 is the earliest I remember.

Nope.

I can't remember any of the movies I watched when I was very little.

1. What grade did you learn to type in? And have you ever used an ordinary typewriter, whether it was electric or manual? i was in third grade when they started to teach us to type on the computer and i never used a typewriter before

n64 forgot what year though

dont know and didnt really care back then

nope

5. Who was the earliest president, prime minister, governor, head honcho, etc. of your country that you have a first hand memory of? bill clinton

nope

yep

nope

o god yea there was a poster of it at the video store near my house 

no idea

Second grade on and old ass computer. LOL,

Nintendo NES. Was my older brothers the first system I learned how to play on.

1985 chevette. Still runs like a top. I drive it here in town.

Hand me down Transformers. those things where awesome.

William Jefferson Clinton

It depends on the workplace. Smoking was permitted in my fathers work place till 2007.

Things remind me of elementary roller rink partys,

Negative,

Eeyup. Or as it was known at the skateshop rewind or die.

007 Golden Eye

(edited)

3rd grade, although I didn't start typing a lot until 5th. I have used a manual typewriter before, at my grandmas house.

My parents were pretty anti-video games, so it wasn't until I could afford one myself that we had a console. I bought a PS2 in about '05, I think.

A Ford Bronco from the 70s. Don't remember exactly what year.

Nope

Bill Clinton.

No

I never had any since I preferred bikes, but I remember them.

A few times. The first family computer we had had Windows 95, though.

Yup, and I always did :)

Tarzan. Still one of my favorite Disney movies.

Edited by Evilshy

OK, I'm back with another questionnaire that will hopefully start a nice discussion and make people think about how far we've come.

I learned to type back in 4th grade. We used this Mario typing learning software at school. Yes I got to learn how to use a typewriter. My parents had one that still worked so I got to toy with it.

The first system that we had was an Atari and SNES that my mom bought. Though the first one that was bought that I can remember was the N64, and I forgot when we got that.

oldest vehicle I can remember by name+ is my dads 1990 GMC Truck. Though I know we had a buick, but can't name year.

I have lots of G1 transformers toys that I was given when I was a child (5yrs old) :)

Earliest president that I can remember is Clinton

I remember in restaurants having the "smoking" or non-smoking" sections.

I learned (poorly) how to skate using old style skates. But was given roller blades for a christmas gift shortly after.

yes, though I don't recall ever using it for other than "this is how PCs worked?" moments. (My dad bought one as his first PC)

I remember that :P

The only thing I can recall, and I'm not sure if it counts. Is Pokemon The First Movie :P