Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are bronies weird?

jw5587

(edited)

@jackw545: Well thank you for being so honest and as a new addition to the herd myself, I welcome you as well friend =] the community is great and the show is even greater. I hope you enjoy your stay. As far as *normality* goes, it's overrated dude. Sure, a few bronies have a couple of quirks and some loose bolts but why settle for just being normal when you can be cooler by just being yourself? Think about it ^_~

Edited by APonyToRemember

(edited)

Actually, when I was little, I used to watch G3 MLP. I used to enjoy it a lot, but as I grew older I got sick of it. Then G4 Ponies came out, but I still didn't care much for them either. Then one day I went by my cousin for a sleepover (it's our holiday family tradition) and she showed me these ponies. 

haha, I remember the first time I saw the theme song my little sister and I pointed out who we thought were who: 

I though twilight was G3 Wisteria, had no idea who Fluttershy or AppleJack were, didn't recognize Rarity, and Pinkie and Rd changed so much I got a bit freaked out. But I started to like these newly designed ponies, and my cousin bribed me into watching my first ever episode: At the Gala. If she had shown me the S1 premiere or something else like that I would not have liked it. But because of that episode, I got hooked and during the course of the next 3 months I had finished watching both seasons (only seasons 1 and 2 at the time). I had learnt all the songs by heart, and then one day, when surfing teh internet, I found out what bronies were. Then I found MLPForums, and then, well, here I am today!!! :D

I could never be happier to be a brony, and I'm proud of it! 

:wub:  I LOVE YOU GUYS. BROHOOF! /)

Edited by Fireball Rush
  • Brohoof 1

That's nice, welcome to the website as well!

Yeah, we're not really that weird, it's strange we'd adopt such an odd stigma for simply liking something, though.

Yeah I know. I really don't understand why we, as a society, are so quick to judge others based on their interests as opposed to their actions. It's funny, I'm typing this now yet a month ago I would probably have been having a laugh with my friends about how strange bronies are. 

That's a really wonderful thing about this show and this community. It changes the way we think about normalcy and societal norms, and for the better I think. I really am glad to have finally watched the show with an open mind. *brohoofs all of you awesome people*

• Brohoof 2

• 8 years later...

I've noticed that most of our brony stories are similar to one another. We find out about bronies, we get curious, we give the show a shot, and we become bronies ourselves. That's the thing about us. We're open-minded enough to watch a show that at first blush looks like a normal little girl's cartoon. Yes, it's weird that we love it as much as we do, but since when did weird equal bad? Plus, bronies are one of the most accepting communities on the internet, in a sea of toxic, harsh, cynical, and hateful groups that ought to cause your faith in humanity to dwindle.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sven Glimmer said:

I'm a brony and weird, but that doesn't make other bronies weird. :mlp_yeehaa:

Very true! :proud: Being weird is fun sometimes, though

Edited by ExplosionMare

• The title was changed to Are bronies weird?
  • This topic was locked and unlocked

Isn't everyone weird in some way or another? And what if there was someone who was never weird, wouldn't that be weird in and of itself? You see, people often view weird as a bad thing, but what if one was always acting normal - wouldn't that feel unsettling and strange?