Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Posters and publicity

~Rogue~

So I went to this library the other day with my friend Darren (he's a Brony) and we were looking for some manga to read when he spotted this poster! I took a pic and here it is.

What do you guys think about this? I think our community is growing larger because more people around us actually see this and wonder why this is so popular. They watch a few episodes and BAM...they're hooked. But seriously what do you guys think?

post-12971-0-78459300-1362028578_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 12

So....

Awesome

Was this the libraries doing?

Because of it is then that's even more awesome :D

Our influence is spreading and our community is growing larger.

Hmm

I wonder if the library I go to will get something like this?

Hopefully yes :P

In my coach's room (he is also a health teacher; I am a teaching assistant during one of his classes), he has a large whiteboard that students can draw on. Someone had started a list of party ingredients and who would bring what. Naturally, I printed out a large picture of Pinkie in the style similar to the pic in the OP (instead of READ it said PARTY), then added that Pinkie Pie would bring the party.

It actually lasted for about a week. Then someone tore it down and drew earrings, a mustache, and glasses on her...

Anyway, my goal is to put up pony pics in random places. It's awesome that someone in your community is doing this as well.

• Brohoof 2

In a building near where I live there is a small note on a bulletin board that says "Me gustan los unicornios." Someday I'm going to print out a picture of Rainbow Dash, caption it with "Los pegasos son mejores," and tack it on to the board. One day...

That's pretty cool. If I saw something like that at my library, I would gain a huge grin and people would look at me funny. But this reminds me that I want to get a Celestia Obey poster.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 2

I have been looking for this exact poster for a little while, you're super lucky! I doubt the day will ever come when I see this in my town's library... We should totally have some propaganda kits to print and put up all around our towns.

That's an awesome poster and I like the fact that it lets MLP get out into the real world in a small but important way.

I'm not sure how many people here are aware of Wizard Rock but it predates MLP and was the musical side of Harry Potter fans dedicated to writing music about their own fanbase. The library was actually one of the main focus of that fanbase and many concerts were actually done AT libraries during it's prime. Incidentally most of it was bands and NOT EDM unlike our scene. While I wasn't a part of that i did investigate their scene (after the fact) as part of that list i linked and fell in love with what they did. Part of the reason i jumped into brony music when i saw it forming as i hated missing on the creativity of that scene and didn't want to miss out on something that's 40% cooler, 300% bigger, and about 200% more organized.

I just absolutely ADORE THIS. It's amazing to see that posters like these are in public places like the library. The fandom seems to be rapidly increasing. You are lucky to see that poster in person! <3

I feel like FIM and Bronydom are both becoming popular terms. I like the poster a lot, I've never seen it before. However, if I didn't know about MLP, I would have never guessed that was a reference to the show.

(edited)

I found more all over the Internet. There everywhere guys! Look! My friend has one with vinyl scratch/dj pon3 and it says rave

post-12971-0-73578100-1362149116_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheNinjaPony

So you just basically just ran into this talk about lucky! I must have some of the worst luck I still have not met any bronies or any fans of the show locally at all since I became one -_-. But that is really cool how they are using that as a motivation for others to read more. I take my hat off to whoever posted that in there.

(edited)

Here is the rave poster that I talked about! This one is hand drawn thanks to ABronyArtist! For some reason I couldn't find a digital copy...

post-12971-0-81238900-1362150394_thumb.jpg

post-12971-0-77027600-1362150407_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheNinjaPony

(edited)

I managed to find a place that has those posters. There's a whole series of them, but I think only one says READ on it. There's a Celestia that says OBEY, but I don't think my library would be interested in that! 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney