Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash is beautiful. Agree or disagree?

The Crystal Maiden

This topic is sizzling! Just like Rainbow Dash! See what I did there? I do like her personality as well, probably not all of it, but that's what makes her who she is.

• Brohoof 3

well, reading about what the creator of the post said, this thread is just focused on Dash's physical appearance and this trend of threads saying "X pony is beautiful isn't?" is getting really tiring to me, because the ponies are designed by proffessionals who knows what colors looks good on each pony, this thread should be called "Dashie's lovers come here and say something cute about her" IMO

I won't even pretend that argument makes sense, but you disagree, I take it. All righty!

I think Rainbow Dash is beautiful as well and it's because of her personality, not just her design.

po69-1.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

I won't even pretend that argument makes sense, but you disagree, I take it. All righty!

well you took it wrong, I never said if Rainbow is ugly or beautiful so my opinion should still be a complete mistery to you since I didn't say anything good/bad about her appearance. 

well you took it wrong, I never said if Rainbow is ugly or beautiful so my opinion should still be a complete mistery to you since I didn't say anything good/bad about her appearance. 

Okay Spark, so why did you post at all if you're not going to give an opinion on the actual issue? Just saying, man. It wasn't necessary. But whatever.

Okay Spark, so why did you post at all if you're not going to give an opinion on the actual issue? Just saying, man. It wasn't necessary. But whatever.

it's not the first time I see this kinds of "disguised" threads in which usually the fans of certain pony  post, poor of someone that dares to disagree. It's not about Rainbow Dash at all. And there's no issue here or nothing to discuss

• Brohoof 1

Cute appearance? Check

Cute voice? Check

Likeable personality? Check

Personally I find her more cute than beautiful(which isn't a bad thing mind you) and I think she prefers to look cool rather than beautiful.

That said, she could make herself look beautiful if she ever wanted to and could probably do it with ease, I mean, just look at DashForever's avatar

• Brohoof 3

attachicon.gifcompetitive_rainbow_dash_filly_by_blackm3sh-d3d2yew.png

Have a cute filly dashie :3

Take a good look at this and tell me what you think? I did not even need to post that picture for you too know but it certainly does back it up. She is beautiful duh!  :P

@@Champion RD92,

xD we used the same image! I failed to realize that as I posted. Great minds think alike it is the truth I am telling ya! But yeah back on topic rainbow dash is gorgeous no doubt!!

She was arguably the cutest filly, and now she's grown into a gorgeous mare. Goes to show that even the most tomboyish girls can still look beautiful.

Also, there's no way I can post in this thread without adding more Dashie.

post-9109-0-66061400-1362098555_thumb.png

post-9109-0-60447700-1362098614_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

It seems that somepony took my post way too seriously.

For shame.

Sometimes I wish people would be a lot more understanding in their judgement.

- Sure she's arrogant, but to say she isn't humble? She willingly stepped down when told to and only stood up when it came to the care of her friends.

- You fail to understand that arrogance is the same as pride and very close to honour. Loyalty is a trait that is tied to both.

- I can't actually say anything about her annoying you, that's your thing, mate.

- You lack the ability to tolerate people who are actually quite dedicated to their friends, even if they're arrogant showoffs.

(that's what you're getting at, I believe)

If you know all this to be true, there is nothing I can comment on, as anything more will be a matter of just who you are.

I do not expect everyone to be tolerant.

Nor do I see Rainbow Dash as somepony who needs a lot of tolerance, just empathy.

1) I may have used the wrong word or used the one I did improperly as I was already hitting a blank upon typing that and I didn't really care to go look up each and every word that came to mind

2) I can't exactly fail something I didn't try...

3) Yes it is. :3

4) Where did people come in? I was talking about Dashie and only her. Just cause she's super de duper loyal to her friends doesn't mean I just have to like her in anyway at all or tolerate her ways just because.

Edited by Umbreon

(edited)

RAINBOW DASH IS THE BEST PONY BECAUSE SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SHE IS GORGEOUS AND SHE IS SEXY AND SHE IS ADORABLE AND SHE IS THE BEST PONY AND-

I think you get the idea, yes?

Edited by Uζεrηλmξ
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It seems that somepony took my post way too seriously.

For shame.

1) I may have used the wrong word or used the one I did improperly as I was already hitting a blank upon typing that and I didn't really care to go look up each and every word that came to mind

2) I can't exactly fail something I didn't try...

3) Yes it is. :3

4) Where did people come in? I was talking about Dashie and only her. Just cause she's super de duper loyal to her friends doesn't mean I just have to like her in anyway at all or tolerate her ways just because.

Shame? It would be a shame if I took no one seriously at all. It is my own trait that I find everypony's opinion worth something until they decide to prove otherwise.

I am not too offended by this as it seems to be your trait, in return.

1) I see.

2) Then should I say you fail for not trying? <--- (That was a joke)

The expression "fail to -" is another way of saying "don't -" or "can't -".

3) .

4) A flaw is what makes a person. Tolerance shouldn't even be needed for Rainbow Dash.

It just happens that you actually need it.

I did not mean that anypony else was involved.

I meant that your entire ability to judge somepony, not just Rainbow Dash, seems to be based on single traits.

I won't say it's wrong, but, it is quite hypocritical.

Example

If I could judge you on any single trait, that you should not be able to argue with, as I did, then I could say you're the type of person to look down on others and lack the appreciation for those who take the time to give you attention.

(simply, I could say you're pitiful, as described above)

Why is it hypocritical?

Your judgement cannot be creditable if you can't accept people for only a small portion of their flaws.

It's like hating on all of the brony community because all of them like something that is somewhat girlish.

More accurately, it's as if you hated all showoffs with any arrogance.

In which case, perhaps you would like to remove your avatar and signature, as they are a something you choose to show off (this is a minor form of arrogance, correct?), even if it's just one minor flaw amongst the positive things you have to offer.

Of course, you don't have to take me seriously. I don't own you or anything.

Edited by Sunset Spark
  • Brohoof 1

Blerg.

I'm only messing about, calm yerself, brah.

I said "For shame" jokingly, as none of anything I said should have been taken seriously.

Not in a thread like this at least.

I  mean, I really don't like her. At all. But I wasn't looking for someone to take their time and completely break down  my post bit by bit in which I blatantly have a stupid reason for doing so.

Nor for them to call me pitiful on the sly.

Loosen up.

ps

tl:dr

Is Rainbow beautiful? I'd say so. I'd say she's something of a "reluctant beauty." Being the tomboy she is, she likely doesn't want to be perceived as "pretty" or "feminine" or something along those lines. But alas, lapses do happen, and when they do... She does clean up nicely, don't she?

As for personality, I concede she can be arrogant, brash, cocky, etc, but she has her softer moments (Tank and Sleepless in Ponyville comes to mind) and I'd argue the relative brevity of them make them all the more touching.

And if nothing else, she may be a jerk, but she's OUR jerk.

Well I fail to see how anypony could not be considered beautiful cute adorable or something in the first place since I can't see any reason for them not to be that way.

The ponies are all very adorable and beautiful in their own way's, its whichever ones that catches your interest that you recognize.

I still find it hard to not find any of the ponies adorable beautiful or something, they're so beautifully designed and they all can look beautiful or adorable when they try :).

• Brohoof 2

STOP, THIS IS RIDICULOUS  <_<

all the ponies are cute, beautiful etc. They all have the same base, different eye patterns, but they are designed by experienced artists that knows about the theory of the colors. The color of all the ponies matches very well and that's why the look really cute in their own way. geez  <_<

I like the colour theory a lot -- it certainly hits right home with Friendship is Magic and the ponies!

FIM prides itself on portraying the characters for what they are rather than what they look like (even if most of them are drop-dead pretty), something that Lauren Faust herself strived to make an impact on -- girls didn't need to be exclusively rendered with great looks to be noticeable or even attractive/beautiful.

If we didn't hold ourselves to that standard, someone like Rarity (her character as a whole) would be a huge disappointment and probably very annoying. Yes, she was intentionally made to be beautiful but once again, if we looked at her for just her looks... we wouldn't know that she's actually one of the kindest and sweetest ponies around. At the very least, we wouldn't even try to acknowledge that there may be something interesting about what they are for themselves.

So to answer the OP -- of course. I realize some of you may not hold the same perception but there's no denying that she's a stunner. Not one of the Mane Six isn't beautiful. It's only been three seasons and they've already learned so much about themselves and others around them which made them jaded, and in a slight twist: purer. Obviously it's not just their color schemes which reels in the big fish so to speak -- it's how they handle things in their own way that make them truly joyous to observe. And eventually over time, that feeling of admiration you develop from seeing them in action every day turns into you regarding them as beautiful.

• Brohoof 3

Yes... yes indeed.  Rainbow Dash is beautiful.  Though not as beautiful as Rarity, Twilight, Lyra, Vinyl, or Octavia.  My opinion entirely.

• Brohoof 2

I like the colour theory a lot -- it certainly hits right home with Friendship is Magic and the ponies!

FIM prides itself on portraying the characters for what they are rather than what they look like (even if most of them are drop-dead pretty), something that Lauren Faust herself strived to make an impact on -- girls didn't need to be exclusively rendered with great looks to be noticeable or even attractive/beautiful.

If we didn't hold ourselves to that standard, someone like Rarity (her character as a whole) would be a huge disappointment and probably very annoying. Yes, she was intentionally made to be beautiful but once again, if we looked at her for just her looks... we wouldn't know that she's actually one of the kindest and sweetest ponies around. At the very least, we wouldn't even try to acknowledge that there may be something interesting about what they are for themselves.

So to answer the OP -- of course. I realize some of you may not hold the same perception but there's no denying that she's a stunner. Not one of the Mane Six isn't beautiful. It's only been three seasons and they've already learned so much about themselves and others around them which made them jaded, and in a slight twist: purer. Obviously it's not just their color schemes which reels in the big fish so to speak -- it's how they handle things in their own way that make them truly joyous to observe. And eventually over time, that feeling of admiration you develop from seeing them in action every day turns into you regarding them as beautiful.

you hit the nail there (someone that understand! thanks Celestia! :D) even if Rarity portray the girly girl stereotype she still offer a very in depth character that is interesting enough to look at, all the mane6 offer great characters and personalities.