Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Fluttershy so Cute?

~Vallo~

She seems like she's changed throughout the show, but not really so much in season 3. Although she's pretty fierce behind her actual personality. 

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 28

My favorites are Fluttershy and Twilight because the two of them remind me of myself as a child.

As for the reason that Fluttershy is my number one favorite is because of the DAWS she makes me feel whenever she's on screen.

By the way love those pics, those are definitely going in my pony file.

Edited by firesoxs
  • Brohoof 4

Fluttershy is not my favorite not because I don't like her and I do agree she is cute but because I feel she has been portrayed fairly inconsistently as a character and has had the least amount of growth as a character out of the mane 6. It seems like in one episode she learns a lesson and then an episode or two later that is forgotten, I have kind of noticed the same problem with Spike though to a lesser extent. In Putting Your Hoof Down she supposedly learned to be more assertive yet I have not seen this side of her in further episodes with the occasional exception.

• Brohoof 6

Least favorite Mane Six. I don't dislike her, she's just the blandest and least interesting to me in comparison to the others. Many of her episodes are inconsistent in how her personality is portrayed, she's shy, then she's confident, then she's shy again, then she's neither, etc. A problem with the show writers if anything to be sure, but still. I also suppose I find her style of cute cliche, as it's in your face, classic, and obvious. For more detail, see here :)

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy is not my favorite not because I don't like her and I do agree she is cute but because I feel she has been portrayed fairly inconsistently as a character and has had the least amount of growth as a character out of the mane 6. It seems like in one episode she learns a lesson and then an episode or two later that is forgotten, I have kind of noticed the same problem with Spike though to a lesser extent. In Putting Your Hoof Down she supposedly learned to be more assertive yet I have not seen this side of her in further episodes with the occasional exception.

I wouldn't say that she's learned the least of the mane six. Until the "Apple Family Reunion" episode Applejack didn't learn anything at all, and until that episode she didn't have a single flaw. I did like that episode thought I just hope that they will be exploring a different side of her in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

She just acts adorable, and she is. I don't really know why or how. She definitely isn't my favorite mane six, but I think her shyness is what makes her so cute. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

She is just so cute, she became my favorite pony without me realising it.. Im not really sure why i like her so much, i think it's her personality.. I like her and Derpy equally.. Can't choose between them.. I don't find her being much cuter then the other ponies, they're all equally adorable.. Rainbow Dash causes me to "daww" just as much as well as all of the other ponies.

I guess it's her personality, that makes her special, and it's her personality that i love.. It matches her perfectly.

All ponies are equally adorable.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say that she's learned the least of the mane six. Until the "Apple Family Reunion" episode Applejack didn't learn anything at all, and until that episode she didn't have a single flaw. I did like that episode thought I just hope that they will be exploring a different side of her in season 4.

Not exactly, Applejack may not have written her first letter to the princess where she actually admitted to learning something until the Apple Family Reunion but she has still learned a few things before then. Though her stubbornness is still a problem she has shown in Super Cider Squeezy 6000 that she has improved in this as she accepted help from her "honorary family members" in her contest against the Flim Flam Brothers. It is not that Fluttershy hasn't learned anything it is that her character has been largely inconsistent because it hasn't shown the lessons she has learned be applied in later continuity like with the other characters.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is cute and adorable. Her shyness adds to that. She is one of my favorite, equal to Pinkie Pie for me. I can't decide between those two. Who could resist such an adorable pony? Other than Skyeblast.

fluttershy_being_adorable_by_mezkalito4p

• Brohoof 9

i think a better question is why are they all so cute?

i can think of a few reasons

-ponies are generally cute

-dem eyes

-cute voices

-etc (end of thinking capacity)

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy is so cute, because she might be a shy pony but, she has the cute eyes and you just can't resist the cuteness. :) Fluttershy should be on the cutest pony list, like really. :)

fluttershy__s_happiness_by_johnjoseco-d3

• Brohoof 5

Fluttershy is cute and adorable. Her shyness adds to that. She is one of my favorite, equal to Pinkie Pie for me. I can't decide between those two. Who could resist such an adorable pony? Other than Skyeblast.

img-1222727-1-fluttershy_being_adorable_

..I'm warning you, you're going to make me rant sometime. I'm trying hard not to burst out my anger on everypony who likes Fluttershy.

Because, well, she is.

Retarded answer for a retarded question.

Because she was made to be cute. She is supposed to be cute. It's like asking "Why is Rarity so fabulous&fancy"..

P.S.: She's not my favourite pony.

At first I was all like: Shy character, yeah, I like them the most, I'm totally gonna let me love you. But.. nope.

That shyness got so annoying soon... & there is Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie and most importantly.. Rainbow Dash.. And I just like all of them more than her. I like her, but I like almost all the other characters more. And that's it.

Edited by Cocodrillo
  • Brohoof 1

Not exactly, Applejack may not have written her first letter to the princess where she actually admitted to learning something until the Apple Family Reunion but she has still learned a few things before then. Though her stubbornness is still a problem she has shown in Super Cider Squeezy 6000 that she has improved in this as she accepted help from her "honorary family members" in her contest against the Flim Flam Brothers. It is not that Fluttershy hasn't learned anything it is that her character has been largely inconsistent because it hasn't shown the lessons she has learned be applied in later continuity like with the other characters.

I will give you that Fluttershy's character is always backsliding, but like I said earlier she reminds me of my self in that a introverted personality is hard to correct. You might learn how to one day and then slide back into old habits if you aren't required to exercise it continually.

• Brohoof 1

..I'm warning you, you're going to make me rant sometime. I'm trying hard not to burst out my anger on everypony who likes Fluttershy.

Awww....Lets put our differences aside. Let's be friends. Don't be angry at us for liking Fluttershy. But just in case, I'm going to go duck behind some cover.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I will give you that Fluttershy's character is always backsliding, but like I said earlier she reminds me of my self in that a introverted personality is hard to correct. You might learn how to one day and then slide back into old habits if you aren't required to exercise it continually.

That is true it would make sense why a character like Fluttershy would grow a bit more slowly and backsliding is natural even Applejack who is arguably the most mature of the mane 6 character backslided a bit in the Apple Family Reunion episode but I still feel they could do a bit better with Fluttershy's character. In her episodes she can be a very inspiring character especially in Hurricane Fluttershy where it showed that even the smallest can make a difference.

I like Applejack, Twilight and Luna (seriously my best pony has gotten very crowded) in large part because they all remind me of myself as well so I understand where you are coming from. Like Applejack I tend to be very honest in alot of cases extremely blunt and can come off a bit more harshly than I sometimes I intend, like Twilight I have a fairly high IQ and have had difficultly interacting socially in the past and like Luna have struggled to fit in and have had a lot of people misunderstand me.

• Brohoof 1

My favorites are Fluttershy and Twilight because the two of them remind me of myself as a child.

As for the reason that Fluttershy is my number one favorite is because of the DAWS she makes me feel whenever she's on screen.

By the way love those pics, those are definitely going in my pony file.

Good to know that I'm not the only one here with a folder on my desktop stuffed with adorable pictures :P

And I think it has to do mainly with the expressions, personality, and also the eye design.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, you'd better do that..i might rant at any moment..and get mad.

Friends? ...I don't really like that word very much, but oh well. Friends.

C'mon, let's all be friends! Let's go get a pizza, some soda, a coupe bags of chips, and let's get the grill out and have a damn barbecue. 

Edited by ~Vallo~

Wait a second. I have to stop you right there, as this is just not true at all. A lot of bronies say Applejack didn't learn anything until the new season. First of all, she wrote a letter to Celestia in The Last Roundup. I have no idea why people forget that this episode exists, but it's clear that Applejack learned something from the episode.

Even as early as Applebuck Season, she learned a huge lesson in letting her friends help her when she needs it and to ease up on her stubbornness, which might I add, is a huge flaw to her character. And Applejack not only learned a lesson from this episode, but she demonstrated it later. She was quick to accept help from her friends in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

In Look Before You Sleep she learned to embrace her differences with Rarity and to give more attention to detail. In the Fall Weather Friends, she learned from her terrible sportsmanship in her race with Dash.

As for the topic. Fluttershy certainly is adorable and I highly enjoy her character. My ONLY problem with her, and I noticed this recently when I rewatched episodes, is that she rarely demonstrates what she learns. It seems like whenever she learns a lesson, she goes back to being the same old Fluttershy as before, and so it doesn't feel like she has really developed.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, you'd better do that..i might rant at any moment..and get mad. Friends? ...I don't really like that word very much, but oh well. Friends.

Okay, I'll do that. Just give me a moment, I need to find something sturdy.

On another note, all other ponies are cute in their own ways as well.

*Finds cover* Okay! I'm ready!

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Yes, pretty much. Although she's often portrayed as useless and a background character. Meh. Too bad her writing is skewed most of the time.

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 1