Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Fluttershy so Cute?

~Vallo~

Howdy all!

Are ya kidding me?

Flutters is gosh darned CUTE in her own way. :lol:

She maybe shy & meek but when it comes to her friends she'll lend a wing to defend her pony pals.

Confronting a dragon, Cockatrice, AND making Discord good.

She has heart.

Gotta agree on those squeaks its adorable.

But, But, No! (SQUEE)

From Dragonshy.

I was like :lol:

But man she can get angry.

See Best night ever (S1 Finale) if ya know what I mean.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I was instantly attracted to how cute she was + her love of animals. I love how she looks & sounds, but they shyness is just so...annoying at times.

It's not really her fault, I just feel that way about shyness in general. Shy people annoy me too (even though I was extremely shy as a child) and sometimes I'm just like, "get over it."

I think a lot of bronies like her because she's soft, feminine & submissive. Same reason why people are always attracted to the shy characters in anime/manga as well. Love and tolerate, love and tolerate.

• Brohoof 1

But man she can get angry.

See Best night ever (S1 Finale) if ya know what I mean.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

And then of course there's this:

Luna: WE HAVE TAUGHT HER WELL!

Okay so that last one wasn't really her natural way of getting angry.

Still she is so cute. So cute in fact that it kills. ... She's the deadliest weapon in all of Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

I think personality is what makes a character cute - not just looks. Fluttershy makes a good candidate for this philosophy, as in all honesty, if she were not such a shy pony, I wouldn't consider her cute.

That's just my view, however.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, Fluttershy. Whyfore art thou so cute? Let me count the ways...

-is kind and friendly. girls who practice kindness towards others are cute.

-big eyes with feminine eyelashes

-Andrea Libman's sweet-as-honey voice

-generally tries to get along with everyone

-sometimes loses her temper

-comes across as very motherly ("Good with animals, good with kids")

-can sing

-is innocent of "bad things" (well at least I think so)

-is stronger than you think (Taming Stare...she needs to do that more often!)

Fluttershy is among my favorite characters. Girls: if you want a guy to like you, try being more like Fluttershy. It'll definitely help. As long as you make sure you're also yourself too. ;)

Edited by NomDeSpite
  • Brohoof 1

I was seriously considering Fluttershy to be my favorite pony, but alas, she is my second favorite. Her personality seems to fit me when I first became a brony for the first time. I'm one of those ponies who tends to be super shy around people, but once I get into my comfort zone, I unleash myself. How I find her cute is how she acts towards animals, and to her friends in general.

I actually have her *squee* as a ringtone on my cellphone. Everytime I hear it, I literally smile.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think personality is what makes a character cute - not just looks. Fluttershy makes a good candidate for this philosophy, as in all honesty, if she were not such a shy pony, I wouldn't consider her cute.

That's just my view, however.

Well yeah that's the main reason why I think she's cute. Her shyness is what makes me laugh a lot. And yes it's about personality, their actions and how they use their expressions. She's not just shy and cute she also expresses a kind of gentleness that's pretty well pronounced for a cartoon the animators and voice actors did a pretty good job on her. Static appearance doesn't really say that much when all these ponies look the same to me. They have the same body structure and eye types (I used to draw so I notice these things). There's just color variations and I hardly notice the horns and wings present or absent.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not surprised she is. Aren't you the cutest thing, Fluttershy? Yes, you are! Best pegasus in Equestria!

I've also heard some bronies say that Fluttershy's the eldest in the Mane Six. Now how could that be?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fluttershy reaches a level of cuteness that none has been able to ever achieved. Fluttershy is cuter than a basketful of puppies. Her Element should of been Cuteness. Asking why Fluttershy is cute is like asking why water is wet.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

Ah yes the Flutter (BLEEP) Scene where Iron Will's assertive lessons changed her to a monster.

I was like NO WAY!! Especially insulting Pinkie & Rarity making em cry :(

That episode is one of my favorites.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy isn’t my favorite character (although she was second way back in Season 1) but I still like her a lot :)

As the very dark and very amazing Song of Ice and Fire taught me, the only time we can be brave is when we are afraid. This reaffirms my belief that Fluttershy is one of the bravest characters in the show. She has to fight a crapton of issues in order to do much of anything, and I’m frankly impressed with everything that she’s done.

Some have criticized her for not making much progress as a character. In my opinion, this is far from the case. It reminds me of the show Monk. In the first episode the guy was a nervous wreck with a million phobias and a lot of baggage. And in the last episode? The guy was a nervous wreck with a million phobias and slightly less emotional baggage. Some things, you don’t ever get over. However he, much like Flutters, would overcome his problems when the chips were down. Case in point, in the pilot the most germophobic man in the world dove into a sewer to help save his assistant’s life. Doesn’t mean that he would willingly shake hands with people from then on. Just because you overcome your problems to do something important doesn’t mean that they’re gone.

In any case, take the episode Keep Calm and Flutter On. It takes massive guts to let Discord live with you and to try to change him. This is the most powerful being in the world, who has broken your mind and turned the world into his toy. Guts. Furthermore, when the time came she finally had the courage to say that she’d had enough of his garbage.  I can’t picture Season 1 Fluttershy doing any of that. This is one reason that I think some underrate the progress she’s made.

In a nutshell, she’s a great and interesting character and pretty inspirational too.

And yes, she's cute :)

flutter_filly_by_speccysy-d3fmw2t.png

• Brohoof 5

Rant incoming.

SHE'S NOT CUTE. She's boring, generic and uninteresting. And fans obsess over her like she's some sort of almighty goddes, when really all ahe does is just stand there act shy, and be useless. She always cowers in fear when ever danger comes. Any episodes that try to develop her always get retconned in her next appearancs. "Oh, but she's so cute and innocent and d'aawww!" No! Be quiet!

Fluttershy fans, I ask you this. Besides her cuteness, what do you like about Fluttershy?

(edited)

Rant incoming.

SHE'S NOT CUTE. She's boring, generic and uninteresting. And fans obsess over her like she's some sort of almighty goddes, when really all ahe does is just stand there act shy, and be useless. She always cowers in fear when ever danger comes. Any episodes that try to develop her always get retconned in her next appearancs. "Oh, but she's so cute and innocent and d'aawww!" No! Be quiet!

Fluttershy fans, I ask you this. Besides her cuteness, what do you like about Fluttershy?

People have been saying why they like her throughout this thread. Perhaps you should read over them.

But I get what you mean. Good potential, not so good writing.

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is cute and the bond she has with the animals is endearing and she's a break from stronger characters. If you have a show with only strong characters then you don't have that balance that grounds people. 

Me and my hubby balance eachother out. He's really calm and introverted and I'm hyper and extroverted. We make a perfect couple! 

Characters like Fluttershy are needed for that. People that say she is useless are wrong. 

• Brohoof 1

Rant incoming.

Sometimes people don't get better. Sometimes people don't change at all. Sometimes they get worse. It's not a general rule of life or fiction that a person/character has to be dynamic or constantly improving. So I don't think "failure to develop" is a legitimate point.

Anyways, Fluttershy was undoubtedly the hero in "Stare Master". Not useless at all.

• Brohoof 1

Its interesting that fluttershy is actually more loyal in a way that RD; for example, fluttershy is the only pony that discord couldn't trick into betraying her friends. My reason for liking her? When she goes rage mode its so funny :angry:  ^-^ 

• Brohoof 1

Any episodes that try to develop her always get retconned in her next appearancs. "Oh, but she's so cute and innocent and d'aawww!" No! Be quiet! Fluttershy fans, I ask you this. Besides her cuteness, what do you like about Fluttershy?

Two things.  One, Fluttershy's cuteness isn't the reason she's my favorite pony.  Two, she has an ongoing struggle with lifelong fears and inner demons.  She can't just quit being shy at the drop of a hat.  I wrote extensively on this in a blog entry.  Please take the time to read it.  http://mlpforums.com/blog/587/entry-3467-a-message-to-fluttershys-detractorsand-supporters/

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

what really gets me about fluttershy is the fact that she doesn't even have to try to be cute. it just comes naturally i guess. everytime i watch this i wanna just pet her mane and kiss her on the forehead while she lies there in her little dream world. wub.png

Edited by punxundead
  • Brohoof 1