Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody see any knockoff MLP merchandise? I think I have.

Wingnut

Did I see a knowkoff bookbag on a SEPTA train the other day?  A female college student was carrying it  It had an official logo with Twilight and Fluttershy on it.  But Fluttershy's eyes looked really strange.  They were all black with no green iris (Twilight's purple iris was OK). Fluttershy's body also looked off.  It didn't have that familiar appearance of typical MLP stock art.  The only other writing on it was "Pony pals" in a cursive font.  I haven't been looking for fake MLP stuff, but this bag looked a little fishy to me.

Does anybody else know the kind of bag I am talking about?  Am I right or am I crazy?  And what kind of fakes have any of you seen?  I've seen plenty of Powerpuff Girl ripoffs in the past. I'm going to see if I can find more MLP knockoffs when I'm out and about. 

• Brohoof 1

Did you ever think it could have been fan made? Everyone makes bootlegs, and you know it was bound to hit the franchise as popular as it is. They stil make plenty of G1 and G2 knockoffs.

Did you ever think it could have been fan made? Everyone makes bootlegs, and you know it was bound to hit the franchise as popular as it is. They stil make plenty of G1 and G2 knockoffs.

I guess that's possible too.  I've seen plenty of things like fanmade figurines and plushies.  But not a bookbag so it didn't occur to me it could've been homemade. 

Knockoffs have been a problem for the My Little Pony franchise for a while. The older collectors refer to them as "fakies", and often use them for practice when making customs.

Eh idk I never hardly see any actual merchandise MLP related around, can't say I remember the last time I've seen anyone with anything related to MLP.(If ever)

Its possible its fanmade, or maybe an older generation, who knows.

(edited)

The one true knockoff that I've seen (and this kinda creeps me out like, a lot) are those My Little Horse toys that the cheap stores like Big Lot and such carry

Other than that, I really couldn't say for sure

Edited by ~Lovable Luna~
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Man, I LOVE bootleg things. I collect them when I can. ^-^ I searched around for the bag you spoke of, but can't find it anywhere. D: It must of been fanmade. 

And I have seen lots of bootleg/knock off stuff in my life, and I actually own quite a few fake my little ponies. ( I collect pony stuff when I can, and since I go to the thrift store a lot, I tend to find ponies there. A lot of times, they are fakies, though. Or ponies, and fakies. )

I REALLY want some of those fake Friendship is Magic ones, as they would be perfect for customizing and such, but they ain't sold here.. (I have customized a few fakies and such, mainly as practice, but, yeah. ) 

i seen quite a lot of bootlegs/knockoffs in my days most on ebay... and a lot in public like a few toys and then alot of bags like tote bags but like what Twinkleshy said they could just be fanmade