Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided Roleplay

GreyScholar

(edited)

The Six Gifted - Equestria - Hidden Mountain Hermitage

@Nightfall,

The stallion smiles, as if amused and impressed that the mare doesn't make the first move he hovers quickly into the air and small blade move from his wings with almost blinding speed towards the Dancer and he moves his with his blades out his wings spread.

Now the Storyteller had picked this character for a number of reasons, who in his story was an extremely skills combatant and was able to use over fifty weapon. His skills such that he could pull off complex maneuvers with the help of his wings and his training by a variety of assassins. In his story he also had an abilities that allow him to see who around him are enemies, allies, targets to kill, places he can hide when necessary, or things that are important for him to uncover or take and to see where enemies are going and where they were so he can plan ambushes and traps, as well as avoid attacks.

Now the Dancer knows of the character the Storyteller called 'the Assassin', yet while he had spoken of the character's past and history he never told her all of what he could do in combat so that she could still be surprised and possibly outwitted. The Assassin is a challenge because of what the story has made him into and how the Storyteller will show this character.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Rain leaned down slightly to make it a little easier for Fluttershy to climb onto his back. He stood up all the way after a moment and kept walking.

"Do not fear. I will protect you with my life and I will help you get away from the forest, rest and build up your strength...you can make it through this...Fluttershy." He whispered.

He felt surprised that he had used her actual name rather than just calling her "My Lady". He felt it was better and...more kind ? That was his hope.

The six gifted mountain house thing whatever...

Kichirou glared down at the Artist and knew he would be giving him a talk later...at some point...but not now.

He walked back over to the stew and realized that it had gone cold.

He cursed something in Neighpanese and lit the fire again.

He grabbed a pot and filled it with some water from a barrel near the entrance of the cave then placed it over the fire to boil, then he walked over to a small bag and started searching through it, looking for something.

A few moments later he pulled out a couple tea bags.

He placed them in the pot of hot water and sat down by the fire.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Six Gifted - Equestria - Hidden Mountian Hermitage

@@AnonBrony

"An army... of maniacs. Yes, that sounds like your style," quipped the Composer with a sardonic smile "I assume you refer to the Cult of Laughter. Are they actually disciplined and combat ready? Are they anything more than a laughing, screaming horde of undead and indoctrinated fools?"

While she could really use some muscle out in the field, she felt like rejecting the Artist's offer out of principle. Is that really how she wanted to be known, as the ruler who conquered Equestria by manipulating a gang of savages? Would it not be better to manipulate, say, House Stormwing or House Earthborn? That would be a daunting task indeed, but worth the time.

On the other hoof though, the Cult where pretty much everywhere. They were experts at hiding in the shadows, communicating through whispers and hidden network contacts. What was more, they were united. Having contacts in the Cult could give them eyes on every House at once, and if battle was required somewhere they would likely mobilise immediately, no questions asked, so long as the command came from their leadership.

"Do it, if you can, and see if you can get them to feed information back to us. Well done, Artist. You have my gratitude.

House Earthborn - The Road South

@@The-Master

Fixit rubbed again and examined the tracks, not that he was any good at tracking. His expertise on the matter consisted of "Find tracks. Follow them until you find something." Funnily enough Engineering 101 hadn't really covered tracking; it was a skill for Rangers and Pegasus Auxiliaries.

"If they're headed south of New Ponyville that could mean Colterado or Manehatten, but I still don't get why they'd be heading for either of those places. Given their current path though I wouldn't bet on it."

He scratched the back of his neck nervously. Something was bugging him here, and he didn't like it, not one bit. From his experience Stormwing soldiers weren't the type to faff around. If they were marching somewhere, they would march in a straight line if possible, as their training dictated. Speed and efficiency; it was the pegasus way, now and before the war had started.

Scootaloo was bound to know more than him though; she was high up in the Stormwing military after all "No offence, ma'am, but aren't Stormwing soldiers more disciplined than this? It strikes me as odd that some of the most elite soldiers in all of Equestria would stagger about like a stallion after his 18th birthday."

Edited by Archi the Sandworm

@Nightfall,

The stallion smiles, as if amused and impressed that the mare doesn't make the first move he hovers quickly into the air and small blade move from his wings with almost blinding speed towards the Dancer and he moves his with his blades out his wings spread.

Now the Storyteller had picked this character for a number of reasons, who in his story was an extremely skills combatant and was able to use over fifty weapon. His skills such that he could pull off complex maneuvers with the help of his wings and his training by a variety of assassins. In his story he also had an abilities that allow him to see who around him are enemies, allies, targets to kill, places he can hide when necessary, or things that are important for him to uncover or take and to see where enemies are going and where they were so he can plan ambushes and traps, as well as avoid attacks.

Now the Dancer knows of the character the Storyteller called 'the Assassin', yet while he had spoken of the character's past and history he never told her all of what he could do in combat so that she could still be surprised and possibly outwitted. The Assassin is a challenge because of what the story has made him into and how the Storyteller will show this character.

The Dancer smiled as the Assassin moved towards her. She knew that the Storyteller hadn't guessed why she wasn't striking first. It was part of her style not to. She stood there calm and peacefully, smiling a little even, until the Assassin, barreling towards her, was close enough for her to see the design of his clothes clearly. The she made her own move; she spun once, whirling her blades. She jumped mid spin,so that if the blades missed, she wouldn't pay for it, or for anything. But that wasn't all; she didn't look clumsy, clunky, or average moving; she was graceful, lithe, elegant. The shorter robes that she wore spun, fanning out, like when one was dancing with a skirt on and, when spun, the skirt fanned outwards.

"Keep on your toes, Greylight. You cannot fail against a creation from a story. If you do, you will never hear the end of it. They all know your skill with your blades, but none of them know of your assassin's history: the murder of your employer, your teachers, and your parents. If they knew, losing would be worse, but currently, it would be bad enough as is."

(edited)

((Sorry I haven't been posting much lately - my teachers can be evil sometimes...))

The Cult of Laughter (And Pinkie) - Painting

The Laughing Mare was not always easy to flatter, but coming from a psychopath like The Artist, She probably would have been prideful if he'd simply said, "I like your outfit."

"I could walk in this body earlier,

but now I must suppress the mind of her.

Besides, I know how your paintings work -

The instant this body leaves, it will die, free of mirth."

Pinkie Pies' panic increased as she sat in the dark recesses to which she had been pushed.

At The Artists' proposition, the Mare snapped Her head to face him. Her eyeless sockets showed no emotion, and it would have frightened any non-Cultist ponies, and even a few who were in the Cult. She stood like that for almost a full minute before speaking once more.

"My true goals?

To share them I'd be a foal.

And the Cult is loyal to me.

To refuse help would be silly."

After yet another pause, She continued.

"I think for now I shall tell you only this:

I wish to escape my hellish abyss."

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn

(edited)

@@AnonBrony

House Whitegold – The Undercity

Long Stride was stayed silent for much of the journey, keeping to his own thoughts while also a keen eye on his surroundings. When the opportunity arose he would have to be quick. When he spotted a small vendor packing up shop he knew this was what they needed. “There we go. Eternity, we may have our ticket inside.” The salespony’s coat was a dull beige, her mane a faded maroon. The mare was packing the last of her supplies into her cart before she moved shop.

“Excuse me.” Long Stride called out, grabbing the mare’s attention away from her work. The pair trotted up to her, trying to remain as polite as possible. “Sorry to disturb you, but we require some assistance.”

The salespony looked up and down these new arrivals with a rather suspicious eye. “It’s obvious you haven’t been here that long, so you’re probably not here to rob me. Fine, what is it you need? I don’t do hand outs if that’s what you’re asking for.”

“No, we aren’t asking for charity, only your help. We need to get within the walls of Manehattan, but they won’t allow us foreigners inside. We need you to get us inside.” Long Stride was trying his best to sound convincing, but this wasn’t really his area of expertise. “We are to pay.”

“How much?”

Just then he tossed forward a small purse bag, the one he had taken from the mare earlier. Inside was at least eighty or so bits, not too much but a reasonable sum. Speaking of which I must find out how he knew about what happened, but that can wait. “If you want more we can get it to you after.”

“Fine, you have yourselves a deal. I’m not saying that I believe you, but I’m willing to help none the less. Get in the back of the carriage and try to make yourselves hidden. It’s just full of wheat bags so it shouldn’t be too uncomfortable. If you load the last of it in we can get moving faster.”

After a few minutes of hastily piling up wheat the young mare hooked herself to the front and set off towards the Arcane District. The carriage rattle and creaked, almost like it was about to fall apart at any second. “The name’s Arisen by the way.”

“Pleasure to meet you.”

@@@Vedana Purity,

House Stormwing – The Road South

Scootaloo continued to look hard at the tracks, trying to take every possible variable into account, but it all just didn’t seem to add up. It was getting late and soon they would have no light. “We will worry about it tomorrow, for now let’s find a place to set up camp. Try and look for somewhere well sheltered.” But then she noticed a small rock formation on a hillside, not the most ideal of conditions but it would keep them out of the weather. “That will do, let’s go.”

By the time they arrived the sun had already set and the moon was at near full height. They let of their load, casting their baggage aside and taking the time just to rest their legs. Another full days trot awaited them in the morning unless they could figure out who it was they were following exactly. “Let’s get a fire going before anything else.  After we can eat and get some much deserved sleep.”

Edited by The-Master

@@Nightfall@@The-Master,@@AnonBrony,@@Sky Warden,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Ivory Tower - Rarity's room

"Good morning, dear sir," Rarity said sweetly. Something sinister flashed in her eyes for a mere second before she continued on. "I want you to know that I will assist a little in overseeing this project of our's. I won't be able to do too much though, for I have much to attend to," she explained. In an eerily cheerful tone, she added,"The unicorn I promised you will be arriving at your workplace. I heard she is very powerful and is willing to lend you her magic to make this weapon more powerful!" A lie of course, since this unicorn was caught.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Military Hospital - Cunning Horn's room

After their operations and stuff, the nurses woke their patient up. Waiting on his bedside was the vice general, the very pony he and the deceased soldier failed to meet. 

Athens - Manehatten - Undercity

Athens was satisfied that the fighting has ended. He flew with the others toward the rolling thingy. What was it called? A carriage? Yeah, a carriage. 

Star, we're coming. But he'll have to endure some very uncomfortable hours hidden amongst the bags of wheat. Bending down next to Spell and Eternity was not the most comfortable position.

Star Rain - Manehatten - Arcane District - A building that has lots of high profile stuff in it - A room... I don't know

Star Rain could finally see when the arcanists(they replaced the wardens along the way) removed the blindfold. On the way, she covertly left behind drag marks on the ground to assist Eternity and Spell in finding her. She was very confident that they were going to come and find her.

She found herself in a pretty fancy room. The carpet was so thick that it came up to her "wrists". It was also so plush that you could sleep on it! The walls were gilded with goldleaf and a bunch of shiny colors. The desk seemed to radiate with its own light. It was all so fancy, so beautiful, so exquisite!

And so ugly...

Star almost succumbed to the comfort of the room, but she immediately reminded herself of the room's ugliness. She was now aware of the ring on her horn keeping her from doing magic, so she began to endlessly do the last thing left to keep herself strong at heart. She began to punch the wall. Stupid. Ring. Stupid. Cuffs. Stupid. Room. STUPID WHITEGOLD! Those thoughts kept her punching at the wall, staying in rhythm.

• Brohoof 3

@@The-Master,

@@MagicalStarRain,

Eternity – The Undercity

Eternity mostly remained silent on the journey. He was thinking about Star the whole time. What if shes locked up? What if they are torturing her! Oh she must be in so much. I can't believe I trusted that pony. I thought I... And Long Stride... No more of this. I said I'm going to end this. And I am going to end this.

He just silently followed Long Stride the whole time thinking he knew where he was going. Eternity's head hung low the whole time. Mostly because he worried about Star.

He would pick up his head when Long Stride want to go talk to that salespony. She seemed nice enough. At least she wasn't greedy and demanded more money. Though Eternity was surprised Long Stride had that money. Where did he get all of that? Well, at least Eternity didn't have to use his. He didn't say anything when the pony introduced herself. He just hopped back in the carriage carrying his staff. He didn't even care if it was dirty or uncomfortable

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@,

The Six Gifted - Equestria - Hidden Mountian Hermitage

"Hold on there Composy." He said stopping the composer from walking away. "I uhh... Only asked if you wanted one..." His voice trailed off a bit. He put his hoof on his head and started brushing back his mane. "Yeah... I don't actually have one yet... BUT don't worry. The client is still in office. Hopefully she will oblige. She seems to be getting anxious..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

The Artist - Painting

The artist rolled his eyes at the Mare while floating in the air.

"Ugh. Do you HOOOONEEESTLY need to rhyme!? Sweet Celestia that is annoying. You can talk normal around me." He sighed as he floated towards the Mare. "I really don't like how you didn't wish to answer me. I could really help you with your goals. But I do like how you said refusing help would be silly and that the Cult is Loyal to you. 'Cause i was wondering... If i can... Oh I don't know. Borrow some of the Cult. Or really. A lot of the Cult. As an ... Army of sorts. Maybe? In exchange I could be of use to you. And if you don't like the desert you could of just asked."

The scenery around them change slowly, the ground and everything else seemed to run and drip like paint while new colors took their place. The sand turned to dirt. And tombstones and dead trees started to appear a long with much more.

"You like Graveyards? Of course you do. Now," He sat down on a gravestone. "You think I may borrow the Cult?"

"Good morning, dear sir," Rarity said sweetly. Something sinister flashed in her eyes for a mere second before she continued on. "I want you to know that I will assist a little in overseeing this project of our's. I won't be able to do too much though, for I have much to attend to," she explained. In an eerily cheerful tone, she added,"The unicorn I promised you will be arriving at your workplace. I heard she is very powerful and is willing to lend you her magic to make this weapon more powerful!" A lie of course, since this unicorn was caught.

"Excellent. That is just simply excellent, milady Rarity."

He grinned.

"But I'll need to personally interview her, to get a sense of her aura, so I may calibrate a machine to her aura."

He looked Rarity over for a moment, then smiled slyly.

"However, that should be no problem what so ever. Milady," he said as his grin got a little more... somehow darker. "Milady, has anyone ever told you how beautiful you really look?"

"What are you doing? Are you hitting on the leader of your house? Do you know how serious... are you even listening to... you're not listening to me... Wow. When you fail to get the attention of Lady Rariy, and when you have made yourself a fool, enjoy the show of your ridiculousness and your banishment."

He didn't know what would be the outcome; and his inner voice did seem to be correct in the fact that disastrous consequences could befall him if Rarity wasn't in the mood for a little bit of flirting. That's why he hoped and prayed that she would accepted the flirting or just simply brush it off. He wondered what would happen if she accepted it, though.

@@AnonBrony

House Whitegold - The Arcane District – Outside the Prison

Once the Militia were satisfied she wasn’t smuggling in anypony, they allowed Arise entrance beyond the walls. The process was rather painless, but it took a while to get past the hundreds of other ponies seeking access to the inner city. By the time Long Stride and Eternity could come out of hiding his back was killing him. “Did that have to bloody take so long?” Aside from his random mutters and curses, the first stage had been a success. Once inside they pulled over into a small side street, the two passengers disembarking. Arise unhooked herself from the cart and shook both of their hooves.

“Good luck with whatever you’re up to. I hope we meet again someday.” They parted on good terms, even if Long Stride was still slightly annoyed at how he smelled after being that cart. “The Arcane District is just up ahead, tightly guarded at all entrances. Let’s get a good look at the main gate.”

They silently cantered through the street till they came to the prison entrance, quickly hiding behind a corner to avoid being spotted. The entire complex branched off from the mistress’s palace, dungeons reaching far up high and far beneath the earth. There was no chance of sneaking in, not under such close watch. “Okay, well about now is when I get a good idea.” Let’s see, no real way to trick them, no back up, no tools. This was looking rather grim.

(edited)

The Six Gifted - Equestria -Hidden Mountain Hermitage

@@AnonBrony

@

The Composer raised an incredulous eyebrow "You offer things you do not have. I believe that says a lot about you, Artist. Well, no matter. See to it we have the Cult's... *ahem*... 'support', and if you fail we shall have to look elsewhere or simply keep our ops low key. Good day, sir."

Waving the Artist away, she trotted over to her brother and offered him a hoof "Come brother, we've spent enough time outside in the cold. It's about time we retreated indoors.

@@The-Master

@@Vedana Purity

The rock formation was all Fixit could have asked for. Without the supplies of an entire army his bedroll, a flint and steel and other basic survival necessities were all he could gather while still travelling light, so the shelter the rocks provided from the wind was welcome indeed. He laid out the bedroll sat down, sighing in relief. It had been a long day so far, what with Cloudsdale falling and Everfree attempting to drive Earthborn away from their newfound allies (If we could even be called allies yet, Fixit mused to himself). He could imagine how it would feel if Appleloosa fell in the next day or two, so he could see why Rainbow Dash had been so angry with them.

But we arrived. We were too late, but we arrived, and though she might not show it I'm sure she's at least a tiny bit grateful for the gesture, Fixit told himself, almost as if he was trying to convince his brain that was how things had played out. Did Rainbow Dash really accept their help? Could she put aside the grudges festering for 15 years and see that some of House Earthborn really did want this alliance?

Fixit settled down on his bedroll, glancing over at Scootaloo. She had to be, what, somewhere in the region of 23 now? As far as he knew she was around 8, 9 or 10 when the war started, nothing more than a child. He wondered if Rainbow Dash had started her training at such an early age...

"Excuse me, Scootaloo, ma'am, he said "I hate to intrude but what are Rainbow Dash's feelings on this whole alliance business?" he waited a moment, then added "Also do you have a rank? I'd prefer if I could use that rather than gettin' all personal, unless you're comfortable with it."

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Military District-Acanist District

Swift watched calmly, as a small group of guards led Star from the base.

She was blindfolded, a factor that gathered a lot of attention from the passing citizens, yet was quickly passed off by all as some enemy of state.

It was these very citizens, that Swift used for cover, walking normally against the crowd. His hiding place remained here, hidden in plain view, for the rest of the walk.

There was a switch of wardens at one point; the 03 guards being changed for Arcanists, and Swift was forced to lie low amongst the crowd, wary of being detected.

He lost the group for a second, but quickly located them ahead.

As he followed, Swift noticed for the first time, slight scratches upon the paving slabs.

How sad... Star was desperately trying to leave a trail, despite the vast crowds of ponies who would obscure the very ground that she marked.

At last Star was led into a building, one that Swift was unsure of. He moved into an back street, before ascending to the roof of an opposite building, lying low to watch Star's holding place carefully.

There were many windows across the face of that building, and Swift couldn't determine in which room

Star lay...

Until he noticed a figure repeatedly punching a wall, dwarfed by distance yet still unmistakeable.

Swift made himself comfortable, settling down where he lay.

This was going to be a long wait...

@,

The young mare wasn’t impressed with the company, nor the chosen topic of conversation. If glares could kill then this would have certainly struck him dead. “That’s none of your business.” She came of stern and rather unyielding, rather like Dash herself. “This is not an alliance; this is repentance for your Houses actions. Don’t start getting delusions about everypony working together.” She knew she was getting herself worked up, but this Earth Pony had no right to ask these questions or make these claims, he was just an Earth Pony. “And why would my opinion interest you? It doesn’t matter what I think about it. Now are you going to keep talking or will you let me get some rest?”

By now she realized that her mood had taken a rather turn for the worst, and after a deep breath began to regain some of her thoughts. She missed Windslash, more than anypony. But he died in battle and was given an honourable death. But she had lost so much over the past few days and so had Rainbow. It was beginning to take its toll on the commanders sanity…  and Scootaloo’s judgment. “It’s just Scootaloo, no rank, no title. Stop calling me ma’am, it’s kinda creeping me out. Even Lightning isn’t all formal about it with me.” She wanted to apologize for what she had said before, but maybe it was best just to let it slide for now. “Look, I know you’re not a bad guy, but I don’t need the personal questions right now. Okay?”

@@The-Master, @,

Orange Lightning set up his camp along with Scootaloo and Fixit. He looked at the Earth Pony and smiled, always the one trying to raise some spirits. Like a bolt of lightning he dashed off into the forest and collected wood, and returned back to set up the fire. "Heeere we go boys and girls, lots of sweet, sweet wood for a fire. I'll go get the food and the tools to make us something deliciouuus~" Orange Lightning winked as he trotted to his tent to get the cooking equipment out.

As he got out of his tent he looked at Scootaloo, and had a feeling they may not get along, but yet Orange Lightning can't help but smile noticing how much she has grown over the years and able to fly. Orange Lightning is smirked, being at the same age as Rainbow Dash, and still could not believe what happened at Cloudsdale. Nonetheless, he got his mind focused and got the fire going, and the cooking started. Orange lightning began to hum a old tune, a tune that was of friendship and harmony. Although not the best time, Orange Lightning does his best to cling on to hope.

(edited)

The Six Gifted - Equestria -Hidden Mountain Hermitage

@,

Kichirou nodded and took her hoof.

Using his magic, he levitated any belongings that they had outside and moved them inside. "Well...this is the beginning." He said, putting a foreleg around the back of his sisters neck and smiling happily.

Cult of laughter - Phillydelphia hideout

@,

Wind ran down the hall leaving the temple. "HIGH PROPHET CRANKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY." She yelled.

Cult members were sticking their heads out of their rooms and yelling at Wind, telling her to shut up and keep quiet...but she didn't. "SHE'S GOOOOOONE HEEEEEEEEEEELP SHE'S GONE CRANKY." She yelled, dodging a throwing knife that came flying out of one of the rooms.

She stopped outside one of her fellow Euphorie's room. "CAKES...PINKIES CORPSE HAS BEEN STOLENDID." She yelled, tears pouring down her cheeks as she ducked below another throwing knife that had come from down the hall.

Cakes eyes widened. "No...STOP LYING." "I'M NOT." "Buck...We need to get high prophet Cranky...or anypony who has some idea of what is happen-" "THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO." Wind interrupted, backing away and running down the hall again...still yelling.

Edited by Jolteon

@@MagicalStarRain.

House White Gold - Manehettan - Military Hospital - Cunning Horn's Room

The earth trembled as a horde of ponies galloped from the horizon, shaking Cunning Horn's legs from the hill he stood on. A dark cloud of dust followed them behind, blocking more than half of the real number of the army from his gaze. His men gathered in front of him, staring at the horde on the lower land with a gaze of doubt that they could survive from this.

A dark maned earth pony turned to him, with fear clearly carved on his expression. The pony took some deep breath before he talked. "W-what's your order, Sir?"

Cunning Horn didn't respond. He kept staring at the marching enemy. His expression was unreadable. One which showed both serenity and hidden dread.

"Sir?"

They went closer, and closer. The earth trembled harder. A war cry could be heard vaguely behind the noises.

"SIR?!"

"Sir!"

Cunning Horn's eyes snapped open. The face of a nurse was the first thing he caught with his gaze. She shook his shoulder slightly to wake him up. He saw the nurse's mouth opened and closed so many times, but he didn't pay any attention to her words. Instead, he touched his neck and found that he was sweating. He wiped the sweat and snorted as he pulled his head backward.

He glanced around. From the furnitures, he knew that he was still in the hospital. Next to his bed, sat a fancy looking pony.

@@The-Master

@@Vedana Purity

Fixit listened to Scootaloo and tried and failed to suppress a laugh. 

"Oh, by the stars, you think you can hold yourself above us? You think we need to repent for not helping you? Please, I mean no offence but don't make me laugh much harder or I'll lose my lunch."

What a comical situation! It seemed that House Stormwing thought themselves entitled to House Earthborn's help, as if they had some duty to them. Yet they rejected the notion that they could be allies, or that they were working together. Surely this had to be a contradiction?

"By the Spirit of Truth, do you truly think that we are at your beck and call, here to act as a meat shield while you recover? You think we do this out of some misguided sense of subservience to our 'pegasus masters'?" he laughed again, shaking his head as he did so "Well let me tell you something, young filly, House Earthborn bows to no one. I seek parley with your House because I see you as equals to us; you show honour, respect, loyalty, the values every Earthborn pony aspires to. We are NOT your slaves to rush to your aid when you bruise your wings on a stray tree branch, we want to fight by your side, together and worthy of each other's respect. If it weren't for my opinion on the matter I highly doubt we would be here at all, and Everfree would not have had cause to delay in the utter destruction of your House."

He watched the mare's face, and it seemed to have softened considerably after her outburst. He felt a pang of guilt. The poor thing was probably incredibly frustrated and stressed at the loss of her home, so he couldn't really blame her for the outburst. He sighed and scratched his neck nervously.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I hate it when ponies think our House is some sort of plaything to be used then destroyed when it's no longer needed. I'm sorry about Cloudsdale, I really am, but we just couldn't make it in time to save the city. I hope you can see that and forgive us. As for titles, I'll try my best, ma'am. Wait..." he paused a moment, then laughed again, the loudest laugh of all "Oh stars, I think it's just instinct now. Sorry ma'a- I mean, Scootaloo."

@

The Composer smiled back at the Musician "Indeed it is, brother. May our conquest be swift, and succesful. Perhaps I will crack out a barrel of wine to celebrate the occasion."

She removed herself from her brother's grip and trotted into the cave's central chamber. Around the edges were a multitude of work tops and cupboards filled with cooking utensils, and in the centre was a triangular limestone table surrounded by six chairs - one for each Gifted. Many passageways lead out of the chamber, leading to bedrooms, training facilities to keep their skills sharp while they were resting, and storage rooms for supplies such as food, drink and - indeed - alcohol. She proceeded down the corridor that lead to what she called "the wine cellar" but was really a small-ish room carved into the rock, and strained to load a barrel of vintage white wine onto her back and haul it back to the central chamber for later consumption.

She glanced at the barrel, sweating from the exertion (she'd never been particularly well-built) and licked her lips. It had been a while since she'd had a hard beverage of any sort, but she remembered how much she loved white wine. She couldn't really say why she enjoyed it, she just knew it. She'd never got drunk on the stuff - she was far too sensible for that - but she certainly wouldn't say no to a few cups of it later on.

After a few moments she sat herself down on her chair (also limestone, with an image of her quill chiselled into the back) and began composing a piece. It was nothing special, just musings to keep her occupied until something interesting came up for her to do.

(edited)

@@The-Master

@@MagicalStarRain

Eternity - The Arcane District – Outside the Prison

Eternity remained silent the whole trip Long Stride took him through the Arcane District. His mind was still full of thoughts. He just followed him around, and tried to be sneaky, while looking worried. He would sometimes not pay attention too. Luckily they weren't caught because of him.

Once they were outside the Prison and Long Stride didn't know what to do he sighed. *ahem* He then cleared his throat to get his attention. And then pointed to his horn with his hoof. "I am a Unicorn ya know. I could use magic to aid us in sneaking in. However, were are in the Arcane district and this is a prison. So there is probably some way they are blocking magic. ... Or maybe just detecting it. Hmmm..." He thought for a moment. "Be armed just in case this backfires." He horn started to glow and so did his eyes. "Ah yes. Just as I thought... which is bad. They have amplified a gemstone with a spell. A barrier is around the building, it detects magic from a foreign unicorn I suspect.This is a unicorn prison after all. Must just be a branch from the main prison or something. This building is rather large. Anyway, It isn't powerful enough to block out a pony like the one around Canterlot, or powerful enough to prohibit magic. But it is weak enough that they only cast it once or maybe twice a day and it doesn't need constant supervision and control. Luckily we aren't close enough for it to have detected me. Hmmm... But the problem is though. I can't just turn us invisible or teleport us in. They will detect that. I'm not sure what we should do... Perhaps... No. I can't do that. It could injure me. And I probably can't do that. Even good mages can't do that.

(OOC: What did you expect us to just teleport in? Into a prison? In the Arcane District? Yeah... no. =/ )

Edited by AnonBrony

(edited)

The Dancer smiled as the Assassin moved towards her. She knew that the Storyteller hadn't guessed why she wasn't striking first. It was part of her style not to. She stood there calm and peacefully, smiling a little even, until the Assassin, barreling towards her, was close enough for her to see the design of his clothes clearly. The she made her own move; she spun once, whirling her blades. She jumped mid spin, so that if the blades missed, she wouldn't pay for it, or for anything. But that wasn't all; she didn't look clumsy, clunky, or average moving; she was graceful, lithe, elegant. The shorter robes that she wore spun, fanning out, like when one was dancing with a skirt on and, when spun, the skirt fanned outwards.

"Keep on your toes, Greylight. You cannot fail against a creation from a story. If you do, you will never hear the end of it. They all know your skill with your blades, but none of them know of your assassin's history: the murder of your employer, your teachers, and your parents. If they knew, losing would be worse, but currently, it would be bad enough as is."

@Nightfall,

The assassin sees how the Dancer moves, using that which was his because of having his father's blood to predict where the mare was going and moving with her so as to match her movements. This would work out better then one may think, though he had nowhere near the grace or elegance of his opponent. When given the chance after blocking the mare's blades with his the stallion would move his wings so as to do a flip up and over the Dancer's head. Once he was behind her the assassin continued his movement so as drive his blade into the mares back.

The Storyteller watches, concentrating yet able to actually focus his attention onto the beauty that was the movement of the mare before him. He expected her to be able to counter everything he could throw at her, but such was fine as he wasn't there to win but to have the joy of watching the Dancer as she fights his creation. He know though that this battle wouldn't be able to go on too long, as he still had much to do before the day was finished.

• Brohoof 1

@Nightfall,

The assassin sees how the Dancer moves, using that which was his because of having his father's blood to predict where the mare was going and moving with her so as to match her movements. This would work out better then one may think, though he had nowhere near the grace or elegance of his opponent. When given the chance after blocking the mare's blades with his the stallion would move his wings so as to do a flip up and over the Dancer's head. Once he was behind her the assassin continued his movement so as drive his blade into the mares back.

The Storyteller watches, concentrating yet able to actually focus his attention onto the beauty that was the movement of the mare before him. He expected her to be able to counter everything he could throw at her, but such was fine as he wasn't there to win but to have the joy of watching the Dancer as she fights his creation. He know though that this battle wouldn't be able to go on too long, as he still had much to do before the day was finished.

The Dancer looked up as the Assassin soared over her head. She knew that a strike to her back would put her out of any plans for at least half of a year. Now, while that could mean more time with the Storyteller, it would mean a possibly painful recovery, and no action for a good long time. And besides, she could have time with the Storyteller without being injured. She wouldn't get hurt just to be with him. She spun around, holding her blades up and ready to parry a good number of attacks. The Assassin's blades were thrust towards her, and she was just barely able to dodge them; they produced a small scratch on her breast area. But that didn't bother her too much. She reached out, and tried grabbing the Assassin's hooves, in an attempt to spun him around and pin him down on his back. She hoped that she could get a solid grip. If she could, she could win the "battle." If she couldn't... she'd find another way, possibly more elegant, yet more deadly. She hoped that the Storyteller was enjoying the show, and that thought made her grin, and wave her flank slightly more than normal.

Scootaloo couldn’t help but smile at his force of habit, a light distraction from everything else. She was still convinced that he couldn’t give a damn about Stormwing, but for now she guessed it wasn’t too important. Honour and Loyalty were all that stood between them and their lesser foes. “For an Earth Pony you aren’t that bad Fixit. Keep it up and Applejack may just have to promote you.”

Which begged the next question she had in mind. “So, the commander has a thing for you, doesn’t she?” Scootaloo couldn’t help but snicker at his reaction. “He he, I’m just messing with you. You should have seen your face though. Priceless.”

House Whitegold – Arcane District – Outside the Prison Entrance

The magical wards would prove to be incredible difficult to crack, especially when it alerted them of their presence. Long Stride had no way of countering these, but he hid have one last idea. This was a really stupid idea, but they may have to set it off on purpose. “Listen eternity, you are allot smaller than me and a heck of allot more likely to get inside. I can get these guards away for a while but you need to act fast. Use your magic and I’ll funnel them down to me for as long as I can. After that your own your own.”

He did not wait for any protest or argument, drawing his sword and looking back out at the guards. He could take them on once they were inside the gates, drawing them into a narrow pass or corridor where he could limit their numbers. It would give Eternity the chance she needed. “Teleport us in and let me do the rest. As soon as we make it run and don’t stop till you’re out of sight. Look out for any sign of her. Tracks, records, it doesn’t matter. We have one shot at this.” He didn’t feel it was necessary to mention that he could only hold them as long as he survived, it wasn’t important just yet.

House Everfree – The Road South

Lily, after a bit of silent complaining, had managed to convince the others to stop and rest a bit earlier tonight. They would need to find shelter as soon as possible, unless they wished to be caught in the open. None knew of the possible dangers that would stalk the land at the dead of night.

But then a small humming bird flew onto Lily’s shoulder, swiftly chirping in her ear before flying off and doing the same to Lady Fluttershy. After no more than a few seconds it flew away with great speed for such a small creature. Lily didn’t seem to be quite too happy with the news her friend had brought, and it was noticeable that Fluttershy felt relatively similar about the situation.

“We’re being followed. A small company has been on our trail for a day now. They’re about three miles behind us. Oh no.”

(edited)

@@The-Master

@@Vedana Purity

Fixit wiped a stray tear from his eye, his laughing fit over.

"If the Cult caught me laughing like this they'd have a field day," he said. He took a couple of deep breaths to sober himself up and regain at least an air of professionalism. Thankfully it worked, and when Scootaloo mentioned promotions he didn't let out a raucous guffaw but a small chuckle.

"Now, a promotion certainly wouldn't go amiss, I've been a Staff Sergeant for a good year or two now, practically an officer, and I wouldn't mind a boost up to 3rd Lieutenant or higher," he paused and sniffed "Rise too high though and they might take me out of the field. Strategies all well and good but there's nothing quite like being able to see it all with your own eyes. The comforting boom of the cannon by your side, the smell of the gunpowder, the smile on your comrade's face as the enemy flees broken before you; the feeling just can't be described," he sat staring into the flames for a few seconds, almost wistfully, before looking around as if he'd snapped out of a trance.

"Oops, was waxing poetic a bit there, don't do that often. Sorry if I rambled, I do that sometimes."

He waited as Scootaloo continued to guide the conversation and felt himself blush fiercely. He thought that moment had been private; he hoped no pony else had noticed. "I... Look, there's... All right, you got me," he conceded to the mare, and hung his head shamefully "I don't know what's going on with me and the Supreme Commander at the moment, it was just a peck on the cheek, might have been a heat of the moment thing. Believe it or not I'm not experienced with mares," he smiled despite himself. It was true of course - he'd never once had anyone he could call his "marefried", or anyone he wanted to for that matter, before now - and while he'd always had those feelings all stallions have he'd never done anything about them. Perhaps this time things would play out differently.

"I'll have to have a talk with her when we get back to the main camp, I suppose."

(edited)

@Nightfall,

The Storyteller watched as the Dancer reacted stunningly to his creation maneuver and attack, and he smiles as she counter by what could seem to be a grapple... understandably he wouldn't allow her win to be so easy as the stallion she fought used the metal bracers his blades were connected with to block her hooves. With mild surprise and a soft laugh the Storyteller did take notice to the Dancer moving her flank a bit more then normal, which he caught since he commonly watched her flank.

The assassin on the other hoof actually spoke for the first time since the battle started, as he moved away from the Dancer's hooves as he says calmly with a smile, "You are a most skilled fighter, and from your movements I would say that you must have trained as an assassin as well. I have rarely met any mares that can match me, and your so lovely as well. Yet I must ask... how many ponies have you killed, how many have you deceived?" He kept his blades ready to attack but seemed to show a degree of restraint so as to not leave himself open.

• Brohoof 1

@@The-Master,@@Nightfall, @@AnonBrony, @@Sky Warden,

"Well, we best get going now, shall we? I also wish to interview this unicorn after you, alright?" Rarity said, gesturing to Dusk to follow her down to the carriage waiting for them outside. 

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Military Hospital - Cunning Horn's room

The vice general straightened himself up and looked sympathetically into the eyes of the stallion. "Wretched Cultists, almost killing the likes of you," he commented, shaking his head. He then waited for Cunning Horn to recover before he brought his question up.

Athens - Manehatten - Arcane District - Outside the high-profile building

(OOC: Master, it's not a prison really. It's actually a building where high level arcanists make really top secret things. It does however, have really high security.) 

Athens looked back and forth from his pony friends and the ponies guarding the gate. He suddenly got an idea and took flight over the gate. Thanks to the fringes on his wings, not a single pony or animal could hear his wing beats. He eventually came to a small congregation of unicorns, all he assumed are these things called "arcanists". Some of them weren't wearing their outfits, which is good because that meant there were some to steal. He saw some in a pile ten feet or more away and quickly nabbed three. Unfortunately for him though, he wasn't very strong and could only drop them over the high wall where Eternity and the others were one at a time.

Star Rain - Manehatten - Arcane District - High profile building - An office room

Star Rain decided to rest her hooves for a little. However, she had no plans to rest her entire body and mind here. Sigh... wonder what's going to happen now... She looked down from the window and noticed an owl flying around below her. "Athens!" she whispered loudly. Her heart gave a leap of joy. They're here! They must be here! But then she remembered the ring on her horn. I better escape once they take this ring off. 

However, rings like these don't work forever. Gradually, Star's heart was growing stronger and the ring was growing weaker. 

• Brohoof 1

@Nightfall,

The Storyteller watched as the Dancer reacted stunningly to his creation maneuver and attack, and he smiles as she counter by what could seem to be a grapple... understandably he wouldn't allow her win to be so easy as the stallion she fought used the metal bracers his blades were connected with to block her hooves. With mild surprise and a soft laugh the Storyteller did take notice to the Dancer moving her flank a bit more then normal, which he caught since he commonly watched her flank.

The assassin on the other hoof actually spoke for the first time since the battle started, as he moved away from the Dancer's hooves as he says calmly with a smile, "You are a most skilled fighter, and from your movements I would say that you must have trained as an assassin as well. I have rarely met any mares that can match me, and your so lovely as well. Yet I must ask... how many ponies have you killed, how many have you deceived?" He kept his blades ready to attack but seemed to show a degree of restraint so as to not leave himself open.

She smiled in a way.

"I've deceived many. A good many. And as for killed..."

Her smile faded.

"I've killed some that I almost regret that I had."

She paused.

"But my parents would have stopped me if they knew what I was up to. I had to kill them. And my teachers... they couldn't know anything more than they did, so they had to die. And my employer was ignorant, and didn't know what he was getting into. He didn't know the possible consequences of his demands. He died, and his employees wondered how; they knew too much. They would have followed him to the grave, and they did... by my blades."

"I cannot say who I've killed, or exactly how many; I cannot tell a stranger such things about my life."

Her eyes had a redish glow.

"But the past is the past, no? What comes, eventually goes, and is no longer with us."

She looked like she could strike at any time, but held herself back.

"Well, we best get going now, shall we? I also wish to interview this unicorn after you, alright?" Rarity said, gesturing to Dusk to follow her down to the carriage waiting for them outside. 

He trotted by her. She had ignored him, and he felt a little relieved.

"Maybe, if I may, we could interview her together. That way, we wouldn't waste time interviewing her separately."