Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

I'm curious as to how long you could go without sleep. I bring this up because just last night I got up at 7:00am and didn't go to sleep until 6:00am the next day. I've gone longer without sleep, though. I woke up at 10:00am and didn't sleep until 12:00pm. So tell us about the longest span of time you've went without sleep.

• Brohoof 1

4 days 6 hours and 50 minutes. i know this because i was starting to go insane. I spent 1 whole day doing strenuous work to work off my anger. I then spent several hours on xbox live destroying noobs on Call of Duty Modern warfare 2. I was told to sleep. I did not. I drank rockstar as a sort of eff you to myself. 46 hours later i was rocking back and forth mumbling to myself. My friend threatened to call the psyche ward on me. jumping to the last 56 minutes of my insomnia i was already past the point of seeing things that werent there and hearing voices. Last thing I remember was listening to Slayer and falling asleep. 

• Brohoof 2

Let's see. Probably the most I've ever gone without sleep is maybe 20 hours at the very most. Yeah, I like to sleep. I don't think I've ever pulled an all-nighter. I've come close, though, but I finally crashed at 6 am.

um 1 month, but let me explain, I had come down with an aweful case of insomnia. so I would go three days without sleeping, sleep for an hour or two, (it was not even sleep it was more like a cat nap)  and then that would be it, this continued on for 1 month, and boy was it in the longest month of my life.  I was sooo tired i couldn't even think straight.  

Edited by angels_gal

I've gone thirty hours without sleep, but I don't like it. I can feel my IQ dropping for every hour past about nineteen. I even once fell asleep while standing. That was embarrassing! My friends still like reminding me about that!

Like above, I've stayed up 30 hours without sleeping, from 6:30 AM - 12:30 PM (the next day). Most nights I stay up paster 4:00 AM is when I'm spending the night at somebody's house xP

A day. At a spend the night for a friend's birthday i stayed up ALL night talking, playing on my ipod, and doing nothing. So 24 hours? Or would that be more? Cause... i dont know! This takes thinking and I'ts too late for that! I'm not ready for thinking! Its still break from school (even if theres only 1 more day)

The longest I have been without sleep would have to be about 26-27 Hours give or take, and to be quite honest... it sucked

I could barely move the next day and I swear I was hearing my brain and body yelling at me "WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!! D:"

Needless to say, that was a pretty bad day :/

Without wanting so sound like a tryhard showoff, let me just say this. This is the honest truth, I used to have a form of insomnia where I would doze off for around 5 minutes, and I would be able to function normally for the next day without hinderance. Thankfully that phase has passed...several health problems involved there :L 

These days I find myself sleeping from about 22:00 and waking about 06:00 on a weekday, on a weekend I tend not to sleep until sunday night - just a personal choice really, I can get things done in the time I would normally sleep. 

But the longest I stayed awake for straight, was...I think close to 100 hours, not really sure exactly how long, it was probably 94/95 or somewhere around there. Lots of caffeine, food and fresh-air involved. If you're wondering why I stopped up to this stupid extent - I was young(er) had nothing to do with myself and I wanted to play every Halo game from start to finish without a break. I ended up taking breaks, but 6 Halo games later I managed it. I do believe I then slept for the better part of 24 hours...and again the next night. Don't think i've been quite right since :P 

Part of me wishes I could still stay up to that extent, but then the part of me that houses my brain keeps telling me that's a bad idea, and seems every time I even try to stay up for more than 2 days now I end up asleep somewhere for several hours.

One time i spent alot of time on these forums. It was a late night and me and a group of people were doing a Role-play. It lasted all the way until about 4AM EST on my side and i wasn't even tired at all. Strange that your body will stay up even though in truth it needs a recharge.

Hm.. To be honest I've never really stayed up that long.. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep any later then like 4:30 or 5 PM. This is on a regular weekend so its not a big deal.

I'm not very good at staying awake, when I get tired I just start to close my eyes without noticing, and I start getting frusterated depressed and lose alot of my common sense and awareness. I've never really tried to go much past 5 though, doubt i'd be able to go a whole night without sleep, mostly because i'd either be bored, or just flat out pass out randomly during the night.

Call me a wimp, but I'm not good with staying up late :P.

Roughly 70 hours was my longest time. Wasn't on purpose, and I still to this day don't know why I couldn't sleep, I would lay down and nothing would happen. Around 3 days later I pass out, and I didn't have any troubles sleeping ever since.

Hm.. To be honest I've never really stayed up that long.. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep any later then like 4:30 or 5 PM. This is on a regular weekend so its not a big deal.

I'm not very good at staying awake, when I get tired I just start to close my eyes without noticing, and I start getting frusterated depressed and lose alot of my common sense and awareness. I've never really tried to go much past 5 though, doubt i'd be able to go a whole night without sleep, mostly because i'd either be bored, or just flat out pass out randomly during the night.

Call me a wimp, but I'm not good with staying up late :P.

You sound alot like my bro...one minute he's wide awake and the next he's just flat out asleep. We stay up on Minecraft sometimes and if I dont keep nudging him every 5 minutes I can guarantee he'll fall asleep while he's playing :/ 

• Brohoof 1

You sound alot like my bro...one minute he's wide awake and the next he's just flat out asleep. We stay up on Minecraft sometimes and if I dont keep nudging him every 5 minutes I can guarantee he'll fall asleep while he's playing :/ 

I don't know if I've ever accidently fallen asleep, but without enough sleep I've come quiet close to it. As long as my minds occupied to some degree I can normally find the strength to stay awake, although eventually it gets so hard to do I just give up and go to bed :P.

Guess I just don't have enough willpower to stay up, ironically enough even if I'm not that good with it now, I use to need like no sleep when I was younger, I guess I've got use to getting more sleep or something these past couple years.

Well that's not a hard question.

I think I've stayed up around two days so maybe 36-46 hours? I'm really not sure.

It was when I was a kid and it was one of my life goals to stay up over night with my friends.

I believe it happened a week ago. I woke up around 10 am. It was Movie night, so I watched the movies, followed by a Mare-a-thon. I watched MLP until the next day, when the new episode came out. Then I continued with my everyday business.

It could have also been one of the many New Years parties I've been to, or one of the days of summer when I stayed up all day