Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

about 48 hours... i was really into this one book and just couldnt put it down! true, i was sick after that for going so long without sleep but whatevs... it was worth it! i had so much fun and that book ended up being GREAT! :D

3 days or 72 hours. ;)

I don't generally sleep much anyway but this was by far the longest I've gone without sleeping. I had a couple cases of energy drinks on standby and a coffee maker that got as much rest as I did. ;)

Oh, it was at least 35+ hours. It was summer vacation, so I had nothing to do but stay home. (Can't drive yet.) What did I do those 35+ hours?

Gaming. Lots and lots of gaming. Until I tired myself out. (I hate sleeping myself.)

Edited by Twi Rubix

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Back in my younger days me and my friends challenged each other to a last man standing contest. [Not wrestling related.] Basically we had to stay awake as long as we can without using caffeine or any stimulant and if you were caught in a hypnic jerk or falling near sleep you were DQed. It lasted 4 days and sadly I got to day 3 before my brother and friend Cody squared.

Edited by GolgoXIII

The longest I've ever been awake is, I believe, 37 hours.  I pulled a few all-nighters in college and they were almost never intentional.  There just happened to be days where my body refused to sleep.

There was one night however, where I actually did stay up all night on purpose to complete work on an important assignment that had slipped my mind during the week.

One: totally not healthy! 

Two: Can be really strange the further along you go

I've gone 84 hours without sleep, but I was cramming for finals....When it was all over, I slept for a whole day!  I don't believe in stimulants and I hate energy drinks and such.  plus I was really poor so it was on my own will power....needless to say, never did (or want to do) that again :P

I can usually stay up from 12:00 pm to 10:00 am on the weekends. Sleep is for the weak. :P But on school days, I sleep from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am. Curse the school start time.

The longest i stayed awake was a few years back, i decided to challenge myself to stay on WoW for as long as possible. I managed 42 hours.

Now you may think this isn't a long time, but remember the challenge i took... To stay playing WoW that long... I didn't leave my computer chair for that entire 42 hours, i stocked up on food and drink beforehand and peed in empty bottles, not sure if i should be proud or ashamed of that time...

The longest i've spent awake and actually had to do something is around 30 hours, i had to do a motorbike test and decided not to bother going to bed for a while. I frequently (a few times a month) will attend university on no sleep at all (awake for 24+ hours) and even when i do sleep on a uni day i only tend to sleep for 4 hours at most.

I think the longest I've ever been able to sleep is 24 hours. I can't stay awake very long, I need sleep ;_;

Plus I hate not getting any sleep, so I would never purposely stay up for a super long time.

um 1 month, but let me explain, I had come down with an aweful case of insomnia. so I would go three days without sleeping, sleep for an hour or two, (it was not even sleep it was more like a cat nap)  and then that would be it, this continued on for 1 month, and boy was it in the longest month of my life.  I was sooo tired i couldn't even think straight.  

The average month is about 30 days. 30x24=720. You went 720 hours without sleep? That is unheard of if not physically impossible. You would have died if you really stayed awake for even close to that amount of time.

Currently, the documented world record for the longest time spent without any sleep is held by Randy Gardner at 264 hours(11 days) without any sleep.

As for me, about 90-100 hours. As you may have guessed, I kind of lost track of time as to when I actually fell asleep.

I once had to stay awake for 72 hours prior to a medical exam.... frown.gif 

I also went w/o sleep 6 days becuase I was stuck in a little house snowed in w 4 ft snow out and a colicky baby that cried extremely loudly nearly the entire time. for 3 days she screamed bloody murder pericing loud!!!!

Over the summer, normally 4 or 5. But if I have to go to bed or something, I go around like 11..it also depends on how tired I am. Anyways, the longest I've stayed up was probably a good 24 hours. Because I basically had to stay up that day, I was at my Aunts and nearly fell asleep at her house xD It was rough..ugh

48 hours. I tend to get extremely excited over huge events like moving, going on a trip, or graduations. xD Anything "life changing" or just simply fun things. I get excited, and I just don't sleep. Simple. xD

I'm a morning bird, so I'm up at 5-6 am and I'm in bed by 8-9 pm. Today...is an exception, since it's midnight, because I went to the fair and drank tooo much lemonade. :P

• Brohoof 1

About a week. I'll never do it again though. On the 6th or 7th day, i started seeing shadows and whatnot. Then i ended up finding out that i passed out for 9 hours in front of my bed. My sleeping schedule is still pretty messed up, but it wont get as bad as it did that day.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I was talking to food on the 4th, 5th and 6th days and I was pissed off at raviolis. I wanted all of them out of the house and the shape bothered me and also certain wood grains started to irritate me... I didn't wanna go in the kitchen becuase one cabinet's wood grains looked like an evil face! 

Longest I went was twenty-seven maybe twenty-eight                                                                                                                                  It was a really long plane ride, and I was sitting next to the most annoying child in history.

I don't actually WANT to sleep so possibly I stay up for at least 6 hours and suddenly get slee..........pppp..............y.... and find myself on the ground, half of my quilt on the floor. fell of the bed AGAIN!