Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ancient Rome Rp (Rebooted before it even began)

Alex Kennedy

(edited)

Link to Rp thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/52398-ancient-rome-rp/

Yeah, so Brook started this and then promptly lost interest so now the job of taking over has been thrust upon me.

This is, naturally enough, an Rp based on ancient rome. There will be an emperor, soldiers, civilians, politicians, advisors, slaves, gladiators, whatever. While it will be pretty free and open-ended, the basic story is that the empire was attacked by changelings not long ago, and the citizens are still paranoid about it. The military is hunting down changelings, which is proving quite difficult because of their shapeshifting, and every so often they get the wrong pony. Naturally there are a lot of people who aren't happy about this, and there's been rumblings of an uprising among some of the more radical citizens.

Rules:

• Try to keep things pg-13 for the most part. I'm not as concerned with violence as I am with language and sexual stuff in this regard, but still, try not to let things get out of hand with violence either.
  • I might allow some alicorns, but not many. Odds are all the people whose alicorn OCs I would allow already know who they are. Besides that, I'll let you use pretty much whatever canon races you want, although the ponies of the empire may not take kindly to other races. That, and obviously changelings are going to have issues as well.
  • Don't godmod. Seriously, don't do it. I'll smite you if necessary. In fact, just generally don't defy me at all, or I'll have to lay the smackdown on you.
  • I reserve the right to reject any characters who I don't think belong in this roleplay for any reason. Sorry, but that's the way it goes. I doubt that will happen very often, though.
  • Please use proper spelling and grammar.
  • I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so I'm just going to put this here in place of whatever rules I need to add later.

Yeah, so... sign up sheet. Note that there is no actual limit to people who can join, I just have to stop making blank slots at some point

1. Gladius (Me)
  2. Minath (Minath Watcher)
  3. Ashwing (rolle)
  4. Démence (~Regular aRegularPony~)
  5. Scroll Seeker (Brosparkles)
  6. Unholy Sight (Autumn Dream)
  7. Fire Slayer (Darklord60)
  8. Light Diamond (Sir Flame of Dancerville)
  9. White Scar (Sir Flame of Dancerville)
  10. Glory (Pripyat Pony)
  11. Icicle  (jdor11)
Edited by Alex Kennedy
  • Brohoof 1

Odds are all the people whose alicorn OCs I would allow already know who they are.

I have a feeling this was aimed at me...

So, yeah, Minath. I'm not even sure what to say, considering everything.

I have a feeling this was aimed at me...

So, yeah, Minath. I'm not even sure what to say, considering everything.

Gee, I don't know if I should really accept you. I mean I only took over because you asked me to, and I wrote the rules with you in mind, but still,  I'm really going to have to think about this one...

(^ my sarcasm is just that subtle)

Me join. Me be your holy leader and saviour! You shall battle for my amusment my people!

That is umm. If you want to.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/fire-slayer-r2105

ignore the childish sence of humor bit at the end.

Oh and uhh. Can i be the emporer?

I'll have to think about whether or not he can be emperor, and if not, I don't think I'd let him in as an alicorn, but I'm not sure yet. For now, assume you're accepted, if not as the emperor.

Well alex you forgot me :( i just wanted to be in this so anyways heres my post again :D (

Hey, umm, how do i put this... I want to be changeling but i dont wanna do a new character so ill just use a challenging that has transformed into... Dam dam dam The Assassin Ashwing just make him more romey... Or how you say it.)

Hey! I know nothing of Ancient Rome! Perfect! I should join!

But really, I blame nothing if I am terrible at this. Like I said, I know nothing of the subject, nor the time period. But I should join anyway. I will choose Démence for this one.

AHEM

I, ~Regular aRegularPony~, would be honoured to participate in such a roleplay. Should you be to accept me, I would like to play as Dementicus the Deadly. (Or something. Link in signature)

(edited)

I signed up in the old thread, so I'll sign up here too with Scroll Seeker, an OC of mine. (Ignore the backstory, that's from a particular fic of mine.) EDIT: Forgot to mention, he's in my sig.

Edited by Brosparkles

Hey! I know nothing of Ancient Rome! Perfect! I should join!   But really, I blame nothing if I am terrible at this. Like I said, I know nothing of the subject, nor the time period.

Well, with a ringing endorsement like that, how could I not let you in? You're accepted, but you should probably at least skim through a wikipedia article or something.

@@Brosparkles,

Yep, you're in. 

I'd love to sign up for this role play, I have a character that should fit in rather well with this roleplay...

the only problem is;  i won't be able to post until this sunday...

but anyways... im gunna go ahead and sign up now...

Im goingto be using Unholy sight (link in description)

the only problem is;  i won't be able to post until this sunday...

I'm not even 100% sure the roleplay thread will be up before then. Anyway, I like this character quite a bit. Accepted, with the side note that I can't believe a third of the players so far are zebras. 

@,

she is only part zebra...

the picture i have on her OC page isn't that great...

(She only has stripes on her legs, two on her ears, and a black muzzle)

I'll probably sketch a better picture out during the weekend...

If you don't want Unholy, I'm fine with using Autumn Dream for this Role play, she isn't a zebra :lol:

@,

she is only part zebra...

the picture i have on her OC page isn't that great...

(She only has stripes on her legs, two on her ears, and a black muzzle)

I'll probably sketch a better picture out during the weekend...

If you don't want Unholy, I'm fine with using Autumn Dream for this Role play, she isn't a zebra :lol:

I don't mind that she's a zebra, (and as far as I'm concerned half zebra counts because the zebra part stands out more than the pony part) I was just remarking on how strange it was, especially since I mentioned in the rules that you may well be facing racism if you play a non-pony.

@,

I have some ideas... i think i'll have it so she has bracers around her legs, so nopony can see her stripes...

make her all cautious about how other ponies may view her... ect..

and i feel that i need to role play her more XD

(edited)

@,

You're lucky your pony has one racist thing to worry about...

Unholy is going to be suffering from racism and prejudice remarks about her disability...

yay me! :lol:

Edited by Autumn Dream

Well if we think about this, This is Ancient Rome where (this time) PONIES have taken over enslavering the other races... So those who are zebras (half will get worse because of hybrid) would be farmers and not even ALLOWED in rome without permission from the emperor because if you read most of the enslaved races was not allowed in 'holy' cities so that would create a problem for them only being able to be outside rome if the emperor dont allow them that is.

(edited)

Sure there can be zebras. Keep in mind that to the romans slavery was less about race then in slavery more lately (specifically slavery in the Americas). I mean, they didn't limit their enslavements to one people or race; “Equal opportunity” enslavers, if that makes any sense.

Now in our context, the zebras would be conquered, and all of those who weren't killed would be inslaved as war prisoners. Eventually, after a generation or two of romanization, a good number of them would become freemen (or freeponies, I guess). And a handfull, perhaps, even citizens.

So under certain circumstances, our zebra friend doesn't have to be a slave. And in my personal opinion, the zebra could be nearly whoever he/she wanted to be and fits into this pony/roman society.

Edited by Krouton

(edited)

Uhh. Yeah hello? I just wanna know if you will let me be emporer. And uhh, if not then, heres another less op OC

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/bright-spark-r1944

Fine, you can be emperor, but know that the empire is unstable, so you don't really have as much authority as an emperor might normally have.

@,@@rolle, @@Krouton,

In regards to the zebra thing:

Okay, first of all, this is my problem to deal with as DM, and I wasn't ever going to question it, because I just don't really care. Second of all, if this is a parallel to the Roman Empire, the actual romans gave the people of the nations they conquered the opportunity to become citizens, therefor even if the zebras come from a different country, there is no reason they couldn't be ordinary citizens.

Oh, and also: Krouton, who are you and why did you just randomly insert yourself into this argument when you haven't even signed up for this Rp? No offense or anything, I'm just kind of confused.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

Fine, you can be emperor, but know that the empire is unstable, so you don't really have as much authority as an emperor might normally have.

@,@@rolle, @@Krouton,

In regards to the zebra thing:

Okay, first of all, this is my problem to deal with as DM, and I wasn't ever going to question it, because I just don't really care. Second of all, if this is a parallel to the Roman Empire, the actual romans gave the people of the nations they conquered the opportunity to become citizens, therefor even if the zebras come from a different country, there is no reason they couldn't be ordinary citizens.

Oh, and also: Krouton, who are you and why did you just randomly insert yourself into this argument when you haven't even signed up for this Rp? No offense or anything, I'm just kind of confused.

Cuz he like you maybe or something and i do know that but why would they allow 'voodoo dorks' in their city i dont get it.