Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

Here we go. Twiley and Dashie vying for supremacy and more importantly, a spot in the National Championship game! Right now the lead's in Twilight's hooves (by 8 as I'm typing this out now) but I wouldn't be surprised if Dash kept it close. Nevertheless... show Dashie where to stick it, Twiley!

twilight_sparkle_by_dcpip-d42879k.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I am split on this one.  I love 'em both, but at the same time was hoping I wouldn't have to choose between these two in particular this round, for other reasons.  With Twilight, I think I'm having a case of "main-character syndrom", and as such, I don't really want to vote for her.  On the other hand, I didn't want to vote for Rainbow Dash this round, and was hoping I'd be able to vote for somepony like Applejack, because, IDK, it strikes me as kinda generic?  I guess I was just hoping that there would be some candidates in this round who weren't so obvious.  *sigh* What to do, what to do?

huh.png Hmmm... well, I'm still really sore at Twilight for beating AJ in an eleventh hour victory; AJ was doing so strong, and those last minute votes came out of nowhere.  Guess I'll throw my weight behind good ol' Rainbow Dash, but don't count on my vote for sure in the finals; if Pinkie gets in I'll probably vote for RD, but Discord will be a little more problematic.  Ah well, for the time being, go Rainbow Dash!  Go get 'em ya awesome tomcolt, you!!! wub.png

awesome_rainbow_dash_wallpaper_by_bluedr

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

img-1333069-1-po129_zpsc7354a62.png

^ THIS is the matchup we should have seen.

We can still honor one half of it.

So go, Rainbow Dash. It's not about the season finale. It's about who the best pony is. Are you going to let Lyra be the only pony who ever upset Twilight Sparkle?

Think about it. img-1333069-2-cool.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 7

So I'm outgunned and outmatched by four or five people right now... oh that's fantastic. I (don't) hope your rainbow coloured mare knows how to make a good comeback, guys.

img-1333069-1-po129_zpsc7354a62.png

^ THIS is the matchup we should have seen.

We can still honor one half of it.

So go, Rainbow Dash. It's not about the season finale. It's about who the best pony is. Are you going to let Lyra be the only pony who ever upset Twilight Sparkle?

Think about it. img-1333069-2-cool.png

Oh, that Lyra. Pulling a New York Giant on all of us.

Though we all know who the real champion is. The champ being crowned the champ even before this bracket was set up...

twilight_sparkle_by_mn27-d3ay0uu.png

I swore I wouldn't get involved in any more of these silly competitions.

But Twilight drew me back in.

I had a long paragraph that got deleted so instead:

twilight-sparkle-bad-news.jpg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Also, I think Twilight can cruise past Pinkie Pie in the National Championship game after this soon to be drubbing of Dashie. Discord being one of the most popular characters on the forum, I'd say he's the only one that can seriously challenge her to a real ballgame.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

(edited)

Also, I think Twilight can cruise past Pinkie Pie in the National Championship game after this soon to be drubbing of Dashie. Discord being one of the most popular characters on the forum, I'd say he's the only one that can seriously challenge her to a real ballgame.

Now lets not get cocky, Twilight may be leading right now but that could change at any moment Appejack gave her a good fight in one of the last rounds because of the dedication and determination of her fans yours truly being one of them. If Twilight is going to win we need to bring our A game because the Rainbow Dash fans without question are going to be bringing theirs.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

Rainbow Dash I predicted you to be in the finals. Victory belongs to Dash! Redeem the failures of your fellow brethren Applejack and Fluttershy. Failure is NOT an option Iron Pony, I am counting on you. RetroDash out!

dry.png

• Brohoof 2

Now lets not get cocky, Twilight may be leading right now but that could change at any moment Appejack gave her a good fight in one of the last rounds because of the dedication and determination of her fans yours truly being one of them. If Twilight is going to win we need to bring our A game because the Rainbow Dash fans without question are going to be bringing theirs.

It's really a shame AJ fans failed to show up in the end. This round won't come down to a buzzer beater, though, because we're cruising past Dashie and into the championship.

Why do people assume that posting pictures of their vote of choice will cause others to vote for their vote of choice? huh.png

Well, this match is intense, but certainly nowhere near as intense as Applejack versus Derpy. Twi and RD don't have a thing for each other, nor their fans, while we can't say the same for the latter. ^^

C'mon, we all know who our true benevolent leader overlord God pony is.

God damn mother-f*cking Twilight Sparkle.

1360443019902.jpg

Love that girl, man.

• Brohoof 3

I just want to point at that it's really hard to gauge which pony is the actual underdog in this contest because, while Rainbow Dash might be the most common favorite of the fans of this forum, there's still plenty of people that dislike her, or simply prefer other ponies over her. You can't say Twilight is the underdog just by looking at who people choose as their favorite. For one thing, you're not taking into account the fans who like Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, or Pinkie Pie as their favorite. They may prefer Twilight Sparkle over Rainbow Dash.

In other words, Rainbow Dash has more fans that like her as a favorite than Twilight Sparkle does, but on a general consensus level, Twilight Sparkle is the more universally liked character.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, come on.

Look at this face.

Look at this cute, purple fac.e

JUST LOOK AT IT!

If this doesn't make you hnnnng...

You need to get your soul checked tongue.png

Ac3GIVi.png

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony and Twilight is my least favorite pony. This was a really easy choice for me.  And we're still losing by five percent...

• Brohoof 1

Tie game again. Trash talking aside I knew it would happen sooner or later... but we'll pull away. Look at Twi in all her cuteness and her glory. We're gonna get there, guys.

twilight_sparkle_blushing_by_helgih-d47w

• Brohoof 1

Close match so far, but Twilight's going to win for sure. There's no way that Twilight's going to get anything less than victory when she's got cuteness on her side!

post-9109-0-71664300-1364964695_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

You know, it's funny to see some of you getting cocky over who is going to win. It's way too close for comfort, and I can easily see either pony winning this. So, some of you are going to be in for a shock, and that's what makes this entertaining.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Hey, my fave already got punched out so I have nothing to worry about. I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the reactions from all of you. :P

• Brohoof 3

My friends...

What stands before us here is a test. A test of our devotion, of our spirit, and of our collective worth - not only our worth as pony fans, but as human beings. We stand now, at this very moment, on the brink of tragedy and terror, teetering dangerously close to a ledge overlooking a fate worse than death.

We are locked in combat. Brutal, angry combat, not with a far-flung foreign enemy, but with our neighbors... our family... our friends...

It is not a battle that will be won easily. Our enemy fights with the ferocity and rage of a cornered beast, aware on some primal level that they have no true chance at victory, but determined to fight tooth and claw to the very bitter end. We must not allow ourselves to be cowed into submission by this farce, and we must not allow ourselves to loose sight of our goal.

The followers of the demonic blue pegasus demon will stop at nothing to destroy us. They will burn our homes, ravage our crops, sabotage our infrastructure, and plunge various sharp pointy objects into our backs in their desperate bid for victory. They will come at us from all angles, wearing masks of friendship and camaraderie. We cannot allow ourselves to be fooled.

Forty one of us have, at this moment, stood in opposition to the forces of evil - and to each of you I offer you my thanks and gratitude - but - a simple vote is not enough! Word of our plight must be spread, and news of the evil that even now encroaches upon our peaceful lives must be taken to everyone across the land. We cannot allow ourselves to become complacent in this battle, not for even a single fleeting second. We must match each and every one of our enemy's cheap tricks and back-handed tactics with honor, discipline, and hot lead.

Twilight Sparkle will not - cannot - be denied.

• Brohoof 17

You know, it's funny to see some of you getting cocky over who is going to win. It's way too close for comfort, and I can easily see either pony winning this. So, some of you are going to be in for a shock, and that's what makes this entertaining.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Hey, my fave already got punched out so I have nothing to worry about. I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the reactions from all of you. tongue.png

Yes, trash talking will make people believe that. Make no mistake, I knew from the beginning this was going to be close no matter what given the stakes and the background of the two fanbases (Twi and Dash have a lot of fans) but to spice things up, this was the perfect chance to create disparity among said fanbases.

• Brohoof 1

This thread is getting tad too dramatic 3lnNF.png

+1 vote on Twilight Sparkle. The poor girl needs some comfort after half of the fandom threatened to leave because of her crowning moment of awesome

• Brohoof 5