Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

I love Discord as a villain  Hes a sly, devilish, and plan funny dragon with a sense of humor. I wish they put him in more episodes in the future, or make him back into a villain instead of his gender neutral personality. 

That being stated... Pinkie Pie is just too much for me not to vote for. The brightest, funniest, randomist, and more cheerful character ever... how can deny that?

She'll put on this face if you deny her.

143309%20-%20animated%20pinkie_pie%20sad

• Brohoof 3

And, of course, numerous records regarding margin of victory were set as soon as Fizzle decided to make this voting process a bit lengthier! Poor Twilight... just couldn't quite keep up with Dashie and her legion of superfans.

Anyway, I think this round is a bit more interesting and not filled with so much drama; Pinkie Pie takes the cake (get it?). Dammit just look how gorgeous she is.

You can't look me in the eye and tell me that she isn't pretty. Or lovable.

pinkie_pie_is_happy_by_orschmann-d4c2drf

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash is one step away from greatness, and following through with my prediction of coming out on top of it all (50/50 with Applejack, because I thought they would meet in the semi finals instead of Twilight... But SO close! Makes life easier for me though when it came down to that last vote).

Now, on to Pinkie Pie and Discord... Sweet jebidiah. This is a match of epic proportions. In one corner, you have a chimera of creatures who wields chaos vs. the reality bending, 4th wall breaking, party animal with a heart of gold.

When it came down to it, I voted for Discord strictly because he is pretty much all powerful and has already worked some of his chaos into this entire tournament already! (I'm looking at you Applejack!) As much as I wanted to pick Pinkie Pie, I didn't really imagine it would have had much effect regardless, lol. In the end, I could see Discord just getting bored and has secretly been changing people's votes to Pinkie Pie as a final act of mayhem, bwuahaha. Then again... 10 votes isn't much of a difference and could change overnight. We will just have to see.... Maybe if Pinkie Pie had that potion of TS's from the Double Rainboom, she could take on Discord.

Regardless of it all, THIS IS AWESOME!

To be honest, I find Pinkie Pie annoying, and there are a lot of her fans that are annoying too dry.png

Not to mention the fact that she won last year and I never like it when someone wins all the time.  It isn't much fun for the others.

Besides, I much prefer Discord img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, tough pick...They both have funny personalities and both can do pretty much anything they want.

But whose not to say that Discord is really Pinkie Pie in disguise! >;O 

I'm gonna flip a coin on this, I like equally like them both.

Twilight sad.png

Can't say I didn't expect this outcome, though. Rainbow Dash's fans have once again proven themselves worthy of her awesomeness (plus, we can reference the Twilight vs. Rainbow Dash match the next time someone questions Rainbow's fans). So, congratulations! smile.png

Dashie will have my full support when she inevitably goes against Pinkie Pie, but don't worry, Twily, you'll always be best pony to me!

post-9109-0-25716900-1365142398_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Every time I see a Vote for Dashie or Vote for Twilie pic.

Seriously, I don't think the idea here is to convince the die-hard Dash fans to vote for Twilight, and vice-versa, but rather to try to win the undecided. Both sides have compelling arguments and HEY! Why are you complaining? I mean, ponies!

Well, I didn't actually say that it was bad, now did I? I merely wondered how effective it was as a way to swing votes in this competition. And if I want fanart, I can get it myself. Not that the artwork that has been shown isn't good, mind you... but it wouldn't make me change my vote. Worst comes to worst, I just toss a coin. wink.png

Fortunately, not something necessary to this vote. The Pink Rocket of Happiness gets my vote. Discord just became too lame after "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Waste of a perfectly good villain, if you ask me. Or even if you don't.

Edited by Full Spectrum

(edited)

I don't quite understand this but oh yes, go Rainbow Dash. XD

Dashie is sure to win this. Pinkie's cute, but she's not awesome as Dashie.

Discards awesome, but only to Discord fans. Whereas everyone, Dashie fan or not, deep inside, knows that Dashie if the most awesome pony ever!

Edited by Meadowsong

(edited)

Flipturn has been harbouring a silent grudge against me ever since I voted for Sweetie Belle over Pinkie Pie.  This match though is harder for me to call.  I like Discord a lot.  But is he really all that different from Pinkie?  They both have bizarre powers and the ability to seemingly defy the laws of nature.  Discord's power, however, is on a much larger scale.  They both have a great sense of humor and enjoy pulling pranks.  But Pinkie knows when to draw the line.  Discord on the other hand has a clear mean streak.  He takes particular pleasure in playing mind games and turning good friends against each other.  He did it in Return to Harmony and tried to do it again in Keep Calm and Flutter On. Despite his "reformation" it remains to be seen if he knows when enough is enough. 

My vote here could go either way.  The question is, do I value humor that shows restraint, or the kind that goes too far?  I personally like to goof and joke around.  But I feel terrible regret when my teasing hurts another person.  Pinkie gets it and she’s understood it all along.  Notice how she refused to play a gag on Fluttershy back in Griffon the Brush Off even though RD thought she would take it well.  I think Dipcord will learn this too, but it will take him a little longer.  Then again, I want Discord to advance just to hear Dashie call him Dipcord again.Discord never was a bad guy in the true sense of the term.  He has so much personality and would be a worthy finalist. 

Know what I've decided to base my call on?  PMVs!  And I do believe Pinkie's are better.  smile.png

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 3

Hmm. Discord is catching up. I'm interested to see how this turns out. Hope Dissy wins. X3

Oh, and bless Celestia, please save my loading life and keep huge-filesize vectors in spoilers pl0x!

(edited)

This is an epic clash of chaotic humor, as we all knew it would be. Ultimately, though, I choose Pinkie Pie because she's nicer and doesn't have to plunge the world into madness to amuse herself. Plus, Discord isn't nearly as cute.

If it was Eris on the other hand...

tumblr_m9jazstCJl1rbiir1o1_500_zps1610b3

img-1341283-1-wink.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

VOTE FOR PINK PONE

WHY?

BECAUSE

THE PINK PONE IS THE BEST PONE

AND SHE WON LAST YEAR

Okay, I'm finished. But seriously: Vote for the pink pone. You will not be upset.

• Brohoof 2

I think a lot of people will vote for Discord because they are irritated by Pinkie Pie being too hyperactive; so I'd like to link this blog post here. http://mlpforums.com/blog/525/entry-3375-im-gonna-address-an-issue-that-people-have-with-pinkie-pie/

Pinkie Pie going over the top isn't owed to bad writing or a bad character, it's owed to quashing personal terror. She's not just a "for teh lulz" pony; she's sophisticated. It gets misconstrued, sadly.

As always, vote for the perfect pink pony. :)

• Brohoof 3

Will Discord have a sizable legion to push him over the big deficit he's slowly falling into? Or will Pinkie Pie blow the lead open over the weekend and guarantee herself a spot in the National Championship game? I think it'll be the latter.

7RuloLa.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Will Discord have a sizable legion to push him over the big deficit he's slowly falling into? Or will Pinkie Pie blow the lead open over the weekend and guarantee herself a spot in the National Championship game? I think it'll be the latter.

7RuloLa.jpg

Hey, that's Urdnot's old avatar. n.n

I also think it'll be the latter. What I'd really look forward to is a final between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. That would be fierce. There'd be strong forces for each side. It'd really be one to remember :)

Just one more day of voting Pinks, you'll make it to the next round, I almost forgot to vote, I was in the middle of class when I remembered c:

It's honestly a bit sad to see people dislike Pinkie for being too....well...Pinkie. I mean, if all there was to her was being "annoying" and "hyperactive" wouldn't she be like the clones from the pond? She has a lot to her character, she has a reason to be happy and make others happy, she dedicates herself to her friends, and by the looks of it, her biggest fear is losing her friends, I wish I was more like pinkie, or at least to have a friend like her ;^;

• Brohoof 5

Go Pinkie you can beat Discord! Well their almost the same in some ways! But still! Pinkie will totally win. I'm not trusting Discord. He might be bad.

*sigh*, Fluttershy is out of the competition... I guess I'm supporting Pinkie Pie then. Against Discord at least, who knows who I support at the finals

Well, she gets my vote for being the happy pony that she is. Even though she isn't my favorite, she always manages to make me smile and gets me on a better mood. 

Looks like it'll be Pinkie v Rainbow in the finals. This will be one crazy fight to the death! Who will survive!?

Oh. Ouch. My heart. It seems to have exploded.

Vote4Pinkie

• Brohoof 1

I realize Pinkie Pie has a rather commanding lead over Discord right now, but the question is, will Discord fans show up over the weekend? You never know, plus the lead's only 15 votes -- plenty of time for the other side to mount a comeback of the sort so unless the votes start letting up, this shouldn't be extremely close.

But I hope it is, just to see people get intense.

discord_learns_to_party_by_irkengirl-d4b

Voted for Pinkie Pie, because, it's Pinkie Pie.

Looks like we'll have a Pinkie Pie versus Rainbow Dash finals. I'll be cheering on Pinkie Pie for that one.

• Brohoof 3

For all you guys and gals who have been interested in this here little tournament, I went ahead and calculated the individual records of every character that has been in the tournament either year. It's spoilered in the OP and click to enlarge.

• Brohoof 4